These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Nerf Incursion rewards

First post
Author
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#21 - 2011-12-01 18:47:08 UTC
Incursion Interdiction using suicide blackbirds?
Vachir Khan
Rugged Ruff and Ready
#22 - 2011-12-01 18:54:43 UTC
Fearless M0F0 wrote:
Vachir Khan wrote:

They keep talking how they want more ppl in low sec and 0.0, but somehow they keep making high sec income ridiculously good/easy.

Easy?, so you find a bunch of maxed out T3 and logistic pilots under every stone you lift? Roll

Easy?, yeah, you can roll up a new character and join vanguard fleets and make 120m/hr right away.... right? Roll

If you think that "maxing out a T3" and "flying or being friends with a logistics pilot" is difficult then that says more about you than the game.
Mrs Sooperdudespaceman
Doomheim
#23 - 2011-12-01 18:58:13 UTC
Everybody should do these. Seriously, the isk you can make is obscene.

I hope CCP leave them as they are.
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#24 - 2011-12-01 19:05:09 UTC
ITT: more iskursion farmers try to play down the potency of their cash cow in an effort to preserve it.

It'l end exactly the same way as ALLLLLLLL the other threads popping up lately. You'l be proved wrong, then shut up until the next thread comes along.
Fidelium Mortis
Minor Major Miners LLC
#25 - 2011-12-01 19:08:46 UTC
Incursions, especially in high sec, are too predictable and can (and often are) be done while half asleep. I would like to see CCP occasionally warp/jump in a small support fleet in to the occasional incursion room to shake things up a little. I'd like to see what would happen if a small sansha fleet with a couple extra jams or neuts would do to an incursion fleet that is practically flying on autopilot.

ICRS - Intergalactic Certified Rocket Surgeon

Jita Alt666
#26 - 2011-12-01 19:10:20 UTC
mkint wrote:
more nullbear QQ's that someone else might be enjoying the game. EVE is better without you. Just quit.

Highsec station trading is the highest potential income in the game. Remove the market!

Are you the same mkint who was crying about the PI changes? Objectivity levels - non existant
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2011-12-01 19:13:58 UTC
Fidelium Mortis wrote:
Incursions, especially in high sec, are too predictable and can (and often are) be done while half asleep. I would like to see CCP occasionally warp/jump in a small support fleet in to the occasional incursion room to shake things up a little. I'd like to see what would happen if a small sansha fleet with a couple extra jams or neuts would do to an incursion fleet that is practically flying on autopilot.

That's a great idea. The coolest thing is you don't even need to wait for CCP to implement it, just do it yourselves!
proxwar
Doomheim
#28 - 2011-12-01 19:18:47 UTC
Raven Ether wrote:
Calling it now.

Little carebears that get shittons of rewards for blasting incursions in highsec with tiny risk simply fucks the risk/reward pattern.

Let the tearbears and bitternoobs rage.

U MAD BRO?

Also, STFU and get back to your awesome space nullbear.
Tore Vest
#29 - 2011-12-01 19:22:44 UTC
Lol

No troll.

Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#30 - 2011-12-01 19:35:17 UTC
an easy fix could be:
* maximum of only one active incursion in hisec at any time
* less vanguard systems per hisec incursion (or everywhere idc)

this would still allow incursions to be a no-risk hisec isk faucet, but in a much more contained amount. the bears with the highest gear scores can still profit, but there will be more competition. it would also promote more conflict etc between those that run them.

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

Blood Fart
Rock Hard Productions
#31 - 2011-12-01 19:36:50 UTC
Takseen wrote:
If they're as easy and riskfree as people suggest, why aren't more people flocking to run them?

My guess is that EVE's pve generally consists of warping to something then shooting red crosses in the order the online walkthrough directs you to until you memorize it?

Really, who cares how much it makes it's boring as hell....why don't we just call them what they are? Raids. I think the reward for doing an incursion should be an Orc or Fairy portrait and dance emote.
Recycled Alt
Mish 4 free
#32 - 2011-12-01 19:51:06 UTC
Fearless M0F0 wrote:

Easy?, yeah, you can roll up a new character and join vanguard fleets and make 120m/hr right away.... right? Roll

Erm, yes, 7m SP and you are a very capable Logi 5 pilot.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2011-12-01 19:55:36 UTC
Leave Incursion rewards, remove CONCORD from highsec Incursions.
If they can keep making 120m an hour while fighting off pirates, they deserve it.
Nyssah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-12-01 19:57:22 UTC
Raven Ether wrote:
Calling it now.

Little carebears that get shittons of rewards for blasting incursions in highsec with tiny risk simply fucks the risk/reward pattern.

Let the tearbears and bitternoobs rage.

Because sitting out in deep deep 0.0 with intel channels informing you of hostile movements 20+ jumps away, as they move closer to you system by system being reported all the way along, as you sit in your sanctum in a carrier is a high risk situation. Please, I never felt safer sitting out in 0.0 running sanctums in my Nyx. Hell you have more of a chance in high-sec being screwed over by an angry logi's who doesn't want to rep someone because of some grudge that happened 6 months ago. Example provided below,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDRTnrgaJs

Go find something else to QQ over.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-12-01 20:21:12 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
If they can keep making 120m an hour while fighting off pirates, they deserve it.

We have that, they're called lowsec incursions. Massively popular, I'm told...

Seriously though folks. I doubt CCP are going to kill off one of their few successful features of the past few years. If you want to be constructive, you'd need to think of ways to make it more viable in low and null. Or make it rewarding without acting as such a big isk faucet if you're worried about the inflation aspect.
Forum Fighter
Doomheim
#36 - 2011-12-01 20:23:02 UTC
Hi guys what's going on in here? Oh, null sec carebears are mad about high sec carebears. This needed a thread?

Bearer of the 1600mm Tinfoil Hat

Forum Fighter
Doomheim
#37 - 2011-12-01 20:25:11 UTC
Recycled Alt wrote:
Fearless M0F0 wrote:

Erm, yes, 7m SP and you are a very capable Logi 5 pilot.

That takes 124 days to train m8 0707070707

Bearer of the 1600mm Tinfoil Hat

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2011-12-01 20:36:06 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

We have that, they're called lowsec incursions. Massively popular, I'm told...

Seriously though folks. I doubt CCP are going to kill off one of their few successful features of the past few years. If you want to be constructive, you'd need to think of ways to make it more viable in low and null.
Man that's easy: Next time I'm fighting Sansha in period basis, if any red tries and shoots me while I'm rolling in isk, CONCORD blows them up. Makes the same amount of sense.
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2011-12-01 20:41:04 UTC  |  Edited by: adopt
Ironically, I made this character solely for running incursions, at 1 month, 14 days, I was flying a T2 Fitted Maelstrom, its not difficult for new players to run incursions. Personally, I love them, they are a great social activity for groups of players, its been 9 months since I had 40 rowdy players at my command.

What I believe drives people away from incursions is the higher chance you will lose your ship, as well as, you leaving your full, upmost trust, into someone you have never met before, to keep your multi-billion isk ship alive. Personally, I do not run incursions for isk, hence the reason I run, the hardest site, with the most people, to have the most fun. The isk for me is a nice bonus. Usually, for people to experience this kind of bonding with players they would need to join their corporation/alliance follow rules, this is something incursions do not stress on people, it is totally up to the FC.

Yes incursions are high isk printing, yes they are making more money than some 0.0 activities. However, what most scublords do not seem to understand is, its not just join fleet > expect reward. It requires practise as well as a monumental amount of time and patience to FC them, I can FC them because I have the time and patience, and I have much more fun than VGs anyway, VGs are full of egotistical maniacs.
Raven Ether
Doomheim
#40 - 2011-12-01 20:43:02 UTC
"Oh iskursions are not easy, they take some much effort and skill"

*hopes my ridiculous bearincome doesn't get blasted to piece*
Previous page123Next page