These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why do players stay in npc corps?

First post
Author
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#881 - 2015-05-23 01:40:52 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Former US Army infantry veteran with 2 tours to Iraq, combat life saver training, survivalist training, expert marksman with many weapon types, armed household, over 300 confirmed kills for my mortar platoon, and over 30 confirmed solo kills.

Vs
They guys you see at fanfest, who preach about pvp...

lol

I'm sure you're service was extremely valuable for your country and something to be immensely proud of.

But why spurge on guys at Fanfest for the way they play a game, the same game you play? Do you know what any of them do or have done in their real life that deserves ridicule in comparison to military service?

Nevermind the extreme shock I'm under that anyone in a 13 series MOS can actually read.

13 series? I'm sure you're mistaken
Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#882 - 2015-05-23 01:42:27 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Do you freaking hear yourself? Sitting there, pouting and demanding the kinds of things that people get in huge alliances, while demanding it for the literal lowest common denominator in the entire game?

You do not deserve it. Simple as that.

You don't deserve to exist, you don't deserve to be safe, and you don't deserve to be left alone by anyone, ever.

Not unless you actually play the game and earn it.

Its funny you use the word demanding when you are demanding other play the way you want them to.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#883 - 2015-05-23 01:42:32 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
[
The point I tried to illustrate is that survival is not based on how well you play a video game, thus, the video game must not be a representation of your survival skills.

First of all, you got trolled. Second of all, not a lot of people actually think that.

While I dislike the attitude you display here, I don't know you from Adam.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#884 - 2015-05-23 01:44:26 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:

Its funny you use the word demanding when you are demanding other play the way you want them to.

Nope, that's still you, demanding that we ignore the stats and the facts, and keep on the with the same failed paradigm we have been, just because it suits you.

It's shameful.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Yuri Ostrovskoy
Doomheim
#885 - 2015-05-23 01:44:58 UTC
So what it boils down to then, is you people are terrified and outraged that others can play how they want, where they want. They don't have to endure the struggle you did seven someodd years ago, and that triggers you.

This is a sandbox, not your sandbox.

I'm tired of trying to provide rational thought towards this when all I get are ludicrous "nu-uhhhhh" responses. You want to force me to change? Come find me in hi-sec, and hope you're good enough to put me down before the npcs rip you apart.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#886 - 2015-05-23 01:46:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
[
The point I tried to illustrate is that survival is not based on how well you play a video game, thus, the video game must not be a representation of your survival skills.

First of all, you got trolled. Second of all, not a lot of people actually think that.

While I dislike the attitude you display here, I don't know you from Adam.

I also don't know you from Adam.. I however, also dislike your attitude here.
You seem to be under the impression that players should not be allowed to play the game at all, if they don't play in a manner that you dictate as "good".
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#887 - 2015-05-23 01:47:38 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

You seem to be under the impression that players should not be allowed to play the game at all, if they don't play in a manner that you dictate as "good".

Wrong.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#888 - 2015-05-23 01:49:39 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Wrong.

Well, I would like you to enlighten me on how your comments can lead me to believe otherwise.
Syn Shi
Caldari State
#889 - 2015-05-23 01:50:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:

Nope, that's still you, demanding that we ignore the stats and the facts, and keep on the with the same failed paradigm we have been, just because it suits you.

It's shameful.

Wrong

Look ma...no hands.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#890 - 2015-05-23 01:50:52 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Wrong.

Well, I would like you to enlighten me on how your comments can lead me to believe otherwise.

You might try actually reading them.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Yuri Ostrovskoy
Doomheim
#891 - 2015-05-23 01:52:28 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Wrong.

No, that's pretty spot on. Just look at the comments you've provided.
Syn Shi
Caldari State
#892 - 2015-05-23 01:53:01 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Wrong.

You might try actually reading them.

You might try actually reading your own posts.
Conrad Makbure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#893 - 2015-05-23 01:53:13 UTC
Local chat scammers/spammers stay in NPC corporation for the safety. I would like to see them pushed out though.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#894 - 2015-05-23 01:55:26 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:

Try reading yours. Directly arguing against improving player retention, because it means attention being paid to a part of the game you irrationally dislike.

We've tried it your way for a decade, and it has been proven not to work. Time to go the other way for once.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#895 - 2015-05-23 01:55:42 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:

What this guy said.
Yuri Ostrovskoy
Doomheim
#896 - 2015-05-23 01:57:31 UTC
Conrad Makbure wrote:
Local chat scammers/spammers stay in NPC corporation for the safety. I would like to see them pushed out though.

See this is a valid counter point. I agree 100%. This side of the npc/highsec debacle is completely abused, and needs to be addressed in a productive manner.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#897 - 2015-05-23 01:58:05 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:

So, casual players, new players and people that don't run five alts need not apply.

Not with an attitude like yours, no.

Everyone else is welcome.

My attitude of honesty about the level of competence required to murder casuals in highsec? I guess your arguments make sense to people who don't read or check killboards, but you should really know better.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#898 - 2015-05-23 01:58:46 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:

Try reading yours. Directly arguing against improving player retention, because it means attention being paid to a part of the game you irrationally dislike.

We've tried it your way for a decade, and it has been proven not to work. Time to go the other way for once.

lol, what?

My way has never been tried in Eve.
The way of Eve is more towards the way you want it, than that of my own.

I want to be able to go anywhere in Eve and do anything without worrying about all the crap other players wish to put on me.
However, that is not the case.
I am forced to bend to the will of people such as yourself in order to play Eve.

I continue to play Eve, so therefore, I am willing to do so.

You, however, continue to play Eve in a manner that suits you, while wanting to enforce your suited manner on others.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#899 - 2015-05-23 01:58:51 UTC
Conrad Makbure wrote:

Chasing spammers and scammers with wardecs seems like a good way to throw away isk. If they're in NPC corps it's likely because they are dedicated alts that don't undock.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#900 - 2015-05-23 02:01:49 UTC
Yuri Ostrovskoy wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:

See this is a valid counter point. I agree 100%. This side of the npc/highsec debacle is completely abused, and needs to be addressed in a productive manner.

They don't leave station so it's irrelevant. I did say that all the bittervet combat support and hauler alts hiding in NPC corps should be at risk also, rather than ONLY the people flying industrials or mission boats in highsec as their primary activity.