These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why do players stay in npc corps?

First post
Author
beakerax
Pator Tech School
#861 - 2015-05-23 01:14:32 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
I would argue that these are better examples of null sec alliances and corps than they are of casual high sec corps.

When I say "leadership" I'm not only meaning CEOs, I'm also referring to directors, middle-managers, FCs, and the like. Any null-sec alliance whose entire leadership apparatus behaved like this would failcascade in a light breeze.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#862 - 2015-05-23 01:16:22 UTC
Solecist Punk wrote:
beakerax wrote:
Sol, maybe you should lie down.
Nah, it's too spot on with narrative.

While what I write is true, as you only have granted rights by those with the guns ...
... and these people probably believe their existence alone gives them rights ......

... the whole situation is just too good not to be exploited.

Don't worry about *me*. I'm fine.
This is very funny for several reasons,
one also being that the weak never stop being delusional. :)

Anyway ... worry about them instead.

They need it. (:
I'll just play the storyline .....
..... and they believe it's real. :)

I think most of us are keeping the context of the game in mind while you seem to be talking about real life people with guns. I do believe you are the one trying to make it real.
Solecist Punk
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#863 - 2015-05-23 01:17:16 UTC

And they do !
Every single one who rages about loss ...
... and who believes they have any rights ...
... who refuse to learn to survive ...

... cry cry cry evil meany peoples ...
... they all identify with something ingame that feeds their weak egos.

The solution is obvious.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#864 - 2015-05-23 01:17:27 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

So, your assertion is that they don't have a right to exist because they don't fit your definition of what is right.

No, they don't have a right to exist, period. Moreso if they're actively hurting the game, which they are.

Quote:

I would like to note that most high sec, casual corps, have a 0% tax rate

I would like to note that the statement I just quoted is a lie.

Quote:

Grinding lvl 4 missions solo isn't all that grand. However, when you have a fleet, regardless of the payout, it is much more enjoyable.

No one does that for long. Deliberately hurting your income just for the sake of adding another body into an already banal mechanic is a recipe for nothing worth doing.

Quote:
This is, again, and example of self proclaimed PVP elitists attempting to dictate what is Eve.

As opposed to the kinds of backwards excuses for gamers that try to claim that mining is fun?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Yuri Ostrovskoy
Doomheim
#865 - 2015-05-23 01:19:01 UTC
Keeping npc corps are good for Eve, that's all there is to say about it. Wouldn't hurt to add some intern events for player ran corps, show up, try it out, go out into null in a cheap corp provided ship, get a taste of some group play. Decide from there if you'd like to join up. That's the type of player ran corp activity we need. Cold recruitment is done and gone, people don't want that anymore. In a game like this, you've got show how much fun it can be throwing your ship away with friends. Until then, npc corps will just flat out be the more attractive option to a new player.

The whole Darwinism mumbo jumbo is irrelevant if you have people with no reason to leave hi-sec. Sure, your a ruthless space pirate, skilled in online Kung-fu. It's all meaningless when the only thing passing you is space dust, because player ran corps were painted in such an ugly light, that no one cared to sign up.

The systems fine, it's us that's the problem. The players need to step up and make their corps more appealing to everyone. Doesn't mean you need to dig out that tie dye shirt from the 90's and pass out hugs, just means ya need to finesse us.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#866 - 2015-05-23 01:19:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:

So, casual players, new players and people that don't run five alts need not apply.

Not with an attitude like yours, no.

Everyone else is welcome.

It might also be noted that the very corps you're trying to rid Eve of, often take more risks just by existing than many corps that exist in low/null/wh space.

There are literally hundreds of corps, outside of high sec, that do exactly what casual high sec corps do. Only, they do it under the protection and banner of an alliance.

I would also argue that those that hide behind the façade of being a "PVPer", yet all they do is attack players in easily out classed PVE fits, are more of a sham than casual high sec corps.
Seriously... Self proclaimed elitists get mad at carebears for existing, yet they have no qualms with players that pad their KBs with PVE player kills, even though these players are just as unlikely to engage in consensual PVP.
Solecist Punk
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#867 - 2015-05-23 01:20:49 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Solecist Punk wrote:
beakerax wrote:

While what I write is true, as you only have granted rights by those with the guns ...
... and these people probably believe their existence alone gives them rights ......

They need it. (:

I think most of us are keeping the context of the game in mind while you seem to be talking about real life people with guns. I do believe you are the one trying to make it real.

No. You are not getting that the game works based on the same set of rules.

Natural laws.

I wrote it.
Look it up.
Learn what it means and how it applies to this game.
Think about how your life would be if there was no police protecting you.

Tqke the whole package and apply it to EVE ONLINE.

If you can't do that ...
... then the issue is with you.

Good night, scrub.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#868 - 2015-05-23 01:22:13 UTC
Yuri Ostrovskoy wrote:
Keeping npc corps are good for Eve, that's all there is to say about it.

Well, aside from the part where CCP themselves tell us that they are bad for EvE, sure.

Well, that and the part where you have to back up your statements with something more than a handful of ad hominem attacks against the people disagreeing with you. You know, facts. Like CCP showed us, the ones that show that NPC corps are bad for the game.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#869 - 2015-05-23 01:24:49 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

It might also be noted that the very corps you're trying to rid Eve of, often take more risks just by existing than many corps that exist in low/null/wh space.

It might also be noted that what you just said is utter bullshit. Highsec is so safe it's nauseating.

Quote:

There are literally hundreds of corps, outside of high sec, that do exactly what casual high sec corps do. Only, they do it under the protection and banner of an alliance.

Grr, other people having friends.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Yuri Ostrovskoy
Doomheim
#870 - 2015-05-23 01:26:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Yuri Ostrovskoy wrote:
Keeping npc corps are good for Eve, that's all there is to say about it.

Well, aside from the part where CCP themselves tell us that they are bad for EvE, sure.

Well, that and the part where you have to back up your statements with something more than a handful of ad hominem attacks against the people disagreeing with you. You know, facts. Like CCP showed us, the ones that show that NPC corps are bad for the game.

No, Ccp is just saying they are bad for their bottom line. They are good for new players, and denying that is pure fanboisim at its best. The trick is getting those new players out of an npc corp, and into a player ran corp, and keeping them there, which in turn, keeps the sub fee rolling.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#871 - 2015-05-23 01:26:53 UTC
Do you freaking hear yourself? Sitting there, pouting and demanding the kinds of things that people get in huge alliances, while demanding it for the literal lowest common denominator in the entire game?

You do not deserve it. Simple as that.

You don't deserve to exist, you don't deserve to be safe, and you don't deserve to be left alone by anyone, ever.

Not unless you actually play the game and earn it.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#872 - 2015-05-23 01:28:26 UTC
Yuri Ostrovskoy wrote:
They are good for new players, and denying that is pure fanboisim at its best.

There's that ad hominem again, in lieu of anything resembling proof of your ludicrous statements.

I reject your claim. I will not take what you say at face value, certainly not when CCP's own statements directly contradict it.

Back it up, or gtfo.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#873 - 2015-05-23 01:29:53 UTC
Solecist Punk wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Solecist Punk wrote:
beakerax wrote:

They need it. (:

Natural laws.

I wrote it.
Look it up.

If you can't do that ...

Good night, scrub.

HAHAHA!!!!!

So, because I don't like to PVP in Eve, I can't survive real life, because of natural selection??

lol

Ok... Lets do a comparison...
Me
Former US Army infantry veteran with 2 tours to Iraq, combat life saver training, survivalist training, expert marksman with many weapon types, armed household, over 300 confirmed kills for my mortar platoon, and over 30 confirmed solo kills.

Vs
They guys you see at fanfest, who preach about pvp...

lol
beakerax
Pator Tech School
#874 - 2015-05-23 01:30:30 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Please don't make me come back for thirds.

ISD Mirriam Lobstarr, you can have as many extra helpings as you like. This is General Discussion, our badposting is post-scarcity.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#875 - 2015-05-23 01:31:06 UTC
Solecist Punk wrote:

Natural laws.

I wrote it.
Look it up.

If you can't do that ...

Good night, scrub.

How does one draw parity between space immortals with no upkeep and real life in any appreciable manner?

Also you should probably realize those police exist because of natural law rather than in spite of them.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#876 - 2015-05-23 01:32:12 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

It might also be noted that what you just said is utter bullshit. Highsec is so safe it's nauseating.

Quote:

Grr, other people having friends.

Oh, ok... So you're allowed to suck at the game and not be condemned, so long as you're part of an uninvolved side of a group that doesn't suck....

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#877 - 2015-05-23 01:33:38 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

Oh, ok... So you're allowed to suck at the game and not be condemned, so long as you're part of an uninvolved side of a group that doesn't suck....

They're putting in more effort, and accepting more risk.

Yes, their reward ratio should be higher. That's called game balance.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#878 - 2015-05-23 01:34:34 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Former US Army infantry veteran with 2 tours to Iraq, combat life saver training, survivalist training, expert marksman with many weapon types, armed household, over 300 confirmed kills for my mortar platoon, and over 30 confirmed solo kills.

Vs

lol

I'm sure you're service was extremely valuable for your country and something to be immensely proud of.

But why spurge on guys at Fanfest for the way they play a game, the same game you play? Do you know what any of them do or have done in their real life that deserves ridicule in comparison to military service?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#879 - 2015-05-23 01:37:30 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Vs

lol

I'm sure you're service was extremely valuable for your country and something to be immensely proud of.

But why spurge on guys at Fanfest for the way they play a game, the same game you play? Do you know what any of them do or have done in their real life that deserves ridicule in comparison to military service?

Nevermind the extreme shock I'm under that anyone in a 13 series MOS can actually read.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#880 - 2015-05-23 01:39:48 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

Vs

lol

I'm not comparing them to my military service.

That comment is directed at the comment I quoted, preaching about "natural selection".

I do not condemn those filmed at Fanfest.

I merely making a point.
I've survived combat.. I have training and skills to survive a harsh life and take others with me.

Yet, the player I quoted seems to believe that since I don't like Eve PVP and/or suck at it, I must then suck at survival in general.

The point I tried to illustrate is that survival is not based on how well you play a video game, thus, the video game must not be a representation of your survival skills.