These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec reform thread: uniting the highsec candidates!

Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#61 - 2015-03-11 19:43:02 UTC
Diemos Hiaraki wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Diemos Hiaraki wrote:
snip

Honestly, I see your point but im wondering why you dont apply the same beliefs to the rest of EVE. SOV should be discarded completely, CCP could put stations everywhere so that industry keeps going but if your corp is mostly / entirely offline between 0400 and 0800 expect to come back to your station surrounded by reds. Want your products out of the station then you better be willing to fight for them or pay to get 'safe' passage out. (yes i know that this would require adjustments for titans like allowing them to dock and be built in station).

If we are going to pull the safety net out from highsec players then it is time we did the same for the rest of EVE. Let the carnage begin!
I didn't think there would be any point in talking about sov that much given this a thread about high sec. I don't just advocate retiring high sec, it's the whole fixed sec system that needs looking at imo and that includes sov null. That's a thread for a different day though.
SOV Null is stagnant because Low Sec isn't the next step from High Sec. No fertile ground to grow and then fight the Null alliances.

Incoming SOV changes are messing with a symptom not treating the cause.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#62 - 2015-03-12 17:29:01 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but CCP (Dr. E, pg 104) has said miner ganking was at an all-time low in 2012, and the Skiff and Procurer have been buffed twice since then I believe, so how is it that the "miner way of play" has been destroyed?

Probably because the old tradition of the corp mining op had finally gone onto life support around that time[1].

The barge buffs were intended to get more people out in the belts, but they had the side effect of getting Hulks out of the belts, which significantly reduced the attractiveness of the targets. That, combined with the death of technetium as a T2 production bottleneck, made events like Hulkageddon unprofitable.

In other words, CCP Dr E.'s observation doesn't have the obvious conclusion that you think it does.

[1] It's not dead, though. Imagine our surprise at popping out of a wormhole into high sec last year and finding a belt full of BRAVE Ventures mining away. It was like stumbling on a huge litter of kittens. But then, Ventures aren't exactly attractive gankbait, and BRAVE aren't known for running from fights.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!