These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Missiles for the Caldari T3 Destroyer

Author
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#41 - 2015-01-26 16:17:52 UTC
Tusker Crazinski wrote:
I'd rather have corms on crack and seeing how there already is 2 missile dessies for Caldari. I'd really muh rather see guns.

and what do you mean caldari got left out with the naga, if it we not for Ishtars and drone boats in general doing everything better than everything the Naga would be one of the best ships in the game.

good volley, unmatchable projection, insane DPS at these ranges since the rail buff, it's an ABC, it could dictate range against a lot of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUNhONwer4

Oh and a torp naga would eliminate most the drawbacks that come with an ABC.

Actually, you know what, how awesome would it be for Caldari to get a multiple damage type bonus, missiles and hybrids, just like Minmatar are getting double resist bonuses for shields and armour?

Just give it 7 highs with 6 launcher slots and 6 turret slots. I would also expect 5 mids and 3 lows.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#42 - 2015-01-26 16:21:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

Actually, you know what, how awesome would it be for Caldari to get a multiple damage type bonus, missiles and hybrids, just like Minmatar are getting double resist bonuses for shields and armour?

Just give it 7 highs with 6 launcher slots and 6 turret slots

this would also be great and play to the flexibility of T3

i do worry what the hull may have to give up for this but if they can make it work more power to them
Farveille
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2015-01-31 00:17:25 UTC
I like the idea of missiles for the Caldari D3. As others already said it would give more alternatives for players who decided to skill for missiles. The bonuses should consider missile flight time/explosion radius/ Missile velocity rather than pure damage multiplier like the Mordus Legion ships.
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#44 - 2015-02-18 06:05:27 UTC
Constructive: I am starting to like the idea of giving it bonuses towards rockets, you wouldn't have the issues with balancing kiting and LML's and whatnot but you wouldn't have to roll out a gimped T3 that would underperform to avoid being OP because missiles. The flexibility of the new T3 roles will allow for range bonusing, flight time bonusing, or anything else that the Devs opt for to make a potent rocket boat without the forums lighting up with nerf threads.

Forum bitching: I really, really, don't want it to be a rail boat. I have cross-trained, of course, but I originally skilled for missiles and if this boat rolls out as a hybrid boat like the Naga I will be very disappointed. It will only serve to reinforce the opinion I have sometimes that CCP is trying to change Caldari to a Hybrid primary, missile secondary race.
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#45 - 2015-02-18 08:18:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Claud Tiberius
scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:
Constructive: I am starting to like the idea of giving it bonuses towards rockets, you wouldn't have the issues with balancing kiting and LML's and whatnot but you wouldn't have to roll out a gimped T3 that would underperform to avoid being OP because missiles. The flexibility of the new T3 roles will allow for range bonusing, flight time bonusing, or anything else that the Devs opt for to make a potent rocket boat without the forums lighting up with nerf threads.

Providing only rockets or only missiles would limit the ships potential where as, all other D3 ships have the option to short and long range turrets. It would need significant bonuses (+/-) to normalize the missiles strengths against other ships, potentially making it average against most targets. This being the complete opposite to most ships that usually only provide a few specialized roles (such as long or short range).

scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:
Forum bitching: I really, really, don't want it to be a rail boat. I have cross-trained, of course, but I originally skilled for missiles and if this boat rolls out as a hybrid boat like the Naga I will be very disappointed. It will only serve to reinforce the opinion I have sometimes that CCP is trying to change Caldari to a Hybrid primary, missile secondary race.

You are forgetting, all stealth bombers are missile ships. So its not really fair to suggest missiles are less available than other weapon system.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#46 - 2015-02-18 08:27:32 UTC
If the Caldari D3 gets to use light missiles it will be the go to ship of the entire line.

I've just been messing around with the nipple, I mean Svipul in EFT. God that thing looks terrifying!

You can passive shield fit it for PvP and it's obscene! A Caldari version would be even worse. Especially with LML's
Ju0ZaS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-02-18 09:41:24 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
who's with me?

*BATTLE ROAR*

Are you going to fight me or do you expect to bore me to death with your forum pvp?

Ju0ZaS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2015-02-18 09:45:51 UTC
And make the gal desi a drone one...

Are you going to fight me or do you expect to bore me to death with your forum pvp?

Lugh Crow-Slave
#49 - 2015-02-18 10:07:21 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
If the Caldari D3 gets to use light missiles it will be the go to ship of the entire line.

I've just been messing around with the nipple, I mean Svipul in EFT. God that thing looks terrifying!

You can passive shield fit it for PvP and it's obscene! A Caldari version would be even worse. Especially with LML's

that's because right now LMs are a bit strong on bonusd ships but if the trend of rebalancing continues we will hopefully see LMLs and RLMLs see a bit of a nerf to put them back in line and the damage application of HMs get a bit of a buff.

I don't think the caldari one would be the go to if it was given missiles but i know if it is made hybrids there will not only be little point in using over the gal one but it would mean missile pilots would be cut out again just like with the ABCs
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#50 - 2015-02-18 14:21:52 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Only if the bonus involves defender missiles.

LolNo words needed...

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2015-02-18 23:50:23 UTC
In other thread pilots are more up to sniper platform with rails.
Which is soinds like a pocket railgu.

If it would be mussile platform what dps and optimal range it's going to perform?

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
WE FORM V0LTA
#52 - 2015-02-19 00:18:55 UTC
Ju0ZaS wrote:
And make the gal desi a drone one...

For the love anything holy left in this game, NO.

The Tristan and Worm are already very highly used, and the Algos is really not as bad as people think.

If the Gallente Tactical Destroyer is drone centric, then small ship meta will become as poisoned by the stale and obnoxious drone meta as the larger ship meta has.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Lugh Crow-Slave
#53 - 2015-02-19 06:10:20 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:

If it would be mussile platform what dps and optimal range it's going to perform?

but that could also be easily covered by the gal one only difference is the gal would probably get better overall dps
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2015-02-19 06:57:07 UTC
Gal's has high chances of drone (and/or) blaster platform. I mean, yes it's more obvious but hope it's going to be something unexpected.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Lugh Crow-Slave
#55 - 2015-02-19 08:42:07 UTC
only difference between a rail and a blaster platform is a optimal or tracking bonus and those will no doubt be handled via modes

making the gal a hybrid boat and the cal a missile boat will represent all primary weapon systems

making them both hybrids you will probably see the gal one be smaller faster and have a bigger DPS bonus giving very little reason to fly the cal one except in cases where extreme range is needed
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#56 - 2015-02-19 08:46:54 UTC
If the 'sniper' principle is maintained across the final two T3 Dessies then I see no reason to have 2 Rail-centric platforms. Also, as cool as drones are, the last thing the game needs is another Ishtar. I have no issues with a couple of drones being available for the Gal T3 Dessie, (like the comet, incursus and enyo,) but no drone bonuses.

I maintain that the Caldari T3 Dessie should have a dual weapon bonus, like the Svipul has a dual tank bonus. Give it both a hybrid bonus and a missile bonus. Give the Gal one a bonus to MWD cap use in prop mode too.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#57 - 2015-02-19 09:05:33 UTC
I do hate to say it but i feel if anything gets a duel weapon bonus it will be the gal with hybrids/drones

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2015-02-19 13:06:03 UTC
I really hope no dual weapons on caldari.

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#59 - 2015-02-19 13:18:12 UTC
Claud Tiberius wrote:
Providing only rockets or only missiles would limit the ships potential where as, all other D3 ships have the option to short and long range turrets.

Svipul isn't quite the AC boat either tbh.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#60 - 2015-02-19 14:02:46 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:

Missiles do not have an optimal range, they have flight time multiplied with missile speed. At that maximum range they run out of propellant and they don't do anything anymore.

And dps is the least of anyone concern on missiles, which can be more compared to artilleries with less damage.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever