These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Sci-fi elements.

Author
LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-12-03 00:28:17 UTC  |  Edited by: LeHarfang
****, double-post as well lol
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#22 - 2011-12-03 06:01:33 UTC
Gally Alita wrote:
We need god damn aliens (intelligent).
Aliens like:

1.)Poleepkwa -like
Sexy tentacles
3.)Arachnids -like
Sexy armor
4.)Protoss -like
Sexy voice
5.)Decepticon -like
Sexy weapons
6.)Wookiee -like
Sexy hair

Alien invasion, oh no.

1) Nah
3) Yes!
4) Nah
5) Yes!
6) Yes!

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2011-12-06 17:33:37 UTC
Nestara Aldent wrote:
Mfume Apocal wrote:
Nestara Aldent wrote:
You want intra-species sex? You find that attractive?

Yes, I do. And I'm almost sure you do as well. Unless of course you meant "inter-species."

You're right I Googled it now. Lol

Inter-species - between the species
Intra-species - within the species

Oops!!! SOrry my bad!
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2011-12-06 17:34:53 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Gally Alita wrote:
I was looking for amusing comments.. You guys are too serious. I can understand the why without intelligent aliens is a good thing, but for the future expansion, adding new contents into the game like new races and gameplays is always a good topic to discuss of. Fine to me if you're into the whole "human is the only intelligent lifeform" belief, but I rather think more logically. This might not apply to the many of you, but I think it is more logical to have other native intelligent life in new eden. I'm just giving out my suggestion that's all. I was actually looking forward on amusing comments, not the dead fishes I've been receiving.

Well, boo hoo, if people aren't allowed their own opinion. That after all is what a debate is about. Or is the thread really about pandering to your ideals to make you feel good. I'll just get some salt and vinegar to go with the fish, just need to add that huge chip on your shoulder.

As to aliens, personally I don't care now, this thread has lost any appeal due to the OP's prescriptive judgements. But if they were introduced aslong as they didnt become fluff pets or just "sidekick" potential and actually had some challenging moral and ethical backstory to it to engage people further it might be worth it.

There doesn't neccesarily have to be sentient interaction, e.g. evolved energy beings that are simply chaotic in nature like olden day wisps could add some random elements into daily activities if made slightly obscure, maybe interfering with ships and gates etc to deactivate things temporarily and so on. Space "flies" if you will, end up with people trying to harvest them for production purposes whilst others wanting to protect the species. Hell you could make them more sinister and be dark matter beings that end up using anti-matter to erode and consume things, were their interaction could have serious potential with players needing to control any possibility of them reaching epidemic proportions. But then people would likely simply cry about fairness dependant on their interaction as has been mentioned.

It doesn't neccesarily have to mean the advent of Tech 4 accross the whole of new eden, which would be the obvious popular choice for purely "gimme gear" reasons.

At the end of the day however, I don't see anything at present to suggest that the absence of a significant alien theme is detrimental to EvE. [sarcastic]Hope this doesnt mean I'm also shark food now, I'd be so very upset. blub[/sarcastic]

Aww, thumbs up.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#25 - 2011-12-06 17:58:07 UTC
aliens do not exist under water. we all know that. only green stuff and submarines

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2011-12-06 18:05:35 UTC
All I'm getting from the OP is "I am sexually attracted to non-human creatures"

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Anshio Tamark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2011-12-07 10:32:40 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
[quote=Gally Alita][quote=mxzf]EvE doesnt need aliens, but if you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE THEM, i sugest you look at slaver hounds and other pets as theya re not earth-species therefore "alien".... who woudla guessed it, THERE ARE aliens in eve, just none intelligent.

Actually, the slaver hounds are more intelligent than the OP. EVE doesn't need aliens just like Firefly didn't need aliens.

And besides, as far as I know, nobody knows what the Sleepers are, so who's to say that they aren't alien lifeforms?

If anything, EVE only needs alien lifeforms in its backstory, such as the slaver hounds and other animals, but certainly not NPC aliens that try to kill us.
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-12-07 18:13:47 UTC
Anshio Tamark wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
[quote=Gally Alita][quote=mxzf]EvE doesnt need aliens, but if you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE THEM, i sugest you look at slaver hounds and other pets as theya re not earth-species therefore "alien".... who woudla guessed it, THERE ARE aliens in eve, just none intelligent.

Actually, the slaver hounds are more intelligent than the OP. EVE doesn't need aliens just like Firefly didn't need aliens.

And besides, as far as I know, nobody knows what the Sleepers are, so who's to say that they aren't alien lifeforms?

If anything, EVE only needs alien lifeforms in its backstory, such as the slaver hounds and other animals, but certainly not NPC aliens that try to kill us.

I've been thinking about that too..My theory is that the New Eden maybe still a very young galaxy, and maybe that's the reason why we don't see intelligent beings exist yet in the New Eden.

I'd say aliens should be our allies, give us more awesome techs.
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-12-07 18:14:52 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
All I'm getting from the OP is "I am sexually attracted to non-human creatures"

I'm sexually attracted to garrus vakarian.
Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-12-07 19:04:21 UTC
I think they should expand on the jove/sansha/terra storyline. What if terrans came through?
Expand a bit on the eve gate.
Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-12-07 19:58:45 UTC
time to spend some time with the sleepers.... to see what they are on the inside maybe

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Major Kim
Fawkes' Loyal Professionals
#32 - 2011-12-07 23:37:19 UTC
Technicly we're all decendants of "Earthlings" but I think the Jove, Rogue drones, and most importantly Sleepers are more than enough. The Jovians are the aliens and ccp has a good relationship with them. I would hate to see what happens when they get angry, oh yeah, the Amarr Empire fleet already did!
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#33 - 2011-12-07 23:50:07 UTC
Everyone in the cluster is technically an alien.

Having some of the long thought dead groups come back in empire (talocan, yan jung, etc.) would be very, very interesting though, I think.
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2011-12-07 23:51:41 UTC
Aren't talocans alien? Sleepers too?

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-12-08 15:29:30 UTC
Aglais wrote:
Everyone in the cluster is technically an alien.

Having some of the long thought dead groups come back in empire (talocan, yan jung, etc.) would be very, very interesting though, I think.

Alien to us.
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2011-12-08 15:29:53 UTC
Gevlin wrote:
time to spend some time with the sleepers.... to see what they are on the inside maybe

We did check, they are just drones.
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-12-08 15:30:23 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
I think they should expand on the jove/sansha/terra storyline. What if terrans came through?
Expand a bit on the eve gate.

Sounds like something would happen in Starcraft
Gally Alita
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2011-12-08 15:31:11 UTC
Alexa Coates wrote:
Aren't talocans alien? Sleepers too?

No, they are lame humans like us.
Rina Asanari
CitadeI
#39 - 2011-12-09 08:28:32 UTC
Technically, every citizen of New Eden - even one of those which are extinct by now - is of human descent, or built by one.

And that's definitely more than enough.

The OP may go and try out a Sleeper or Rogue drone, but for the love of all that's holy, spare us the details.

Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2011-12-11 14:38:14 UTC
The premise of EVE is that we are the first spacefaring species, others may exist in millions of years, possibly thousands of years, but we are the first. Many games assume humanity isn't the first species to achieve this technology, but then again what if we are.
Previous page123Next page