These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Name a ship model you DON'T want upgraded/changed

Author
Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2015-01-19 10:36:01 UTC
They had better not change one thing about the Prophecy. (OK they can add a drone bay if they want but that's it).

Harbinger on the other hand is a mess. They could change everything about it and I would be OK with it. On a whole Amarr need the fewest changes.

If I had to go down the line I'd say Inquisitor could be completely revamped. Punisher could use a bit of sprucing up so it doesn't look so much like a kids plastic gun.

Omen looks fine to me but it seems like a lot of people hate the one side wing. Add another on the other side and call it a day. I'd actually love to see the Arbitrator made a bit more chunky. I hate flat ships. But the Maller and Augoror are perfect.

Battleships are all perfect too as far as I am concerned.

Strangely the Amarr have the best overall subcaps as far as art design goes but the two worst carriers. They could both be completely revised from front to back but then I don't fly a carrier so for all I know there are people who love them just the way they are.

But yeah...Prophecy. Don't change a single thing about that fat space turkey.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#42 - 2015-01-19 10:48:05 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
What's wrong with the redesign?

Looks a little bit more mean. The underside looks like something from the Aliens franchise.

it needs to go back to being the ugly brown space whale (and/or potato) it used to be

that new one is just straight up ugly. has an ugly beak, and the ship loses most of its former lines.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#43 - 2015-01-19 10:49:50 UTC
http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Glaux/dominix_2.jpg just look at it!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Provence Tristram
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#44 - 2015-01-19 10:55:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Provence Tristram
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:
What's wrong with the redesign?

Looks a little bit more mean. The underside looks like something from the Aliens franchise.

it needs to go back to being the ugly brown space whale (and/or potato) it used to be

that new one is just straight up ugly. has an ugly beak, and the ship loses most of its former lines.

Yeah, I'm just not a fan. One of the best charactistics of Gallente ships are their pleasant curves. They remind me a lot of Star Wars Rebel Mon Calamari capital ships in that regard.

The new Dominix art looks like some kind of Soviet Era armored train. For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the Fanfest shot was this.

Another problem with the new Domi is it doesn't look like it's any kind of a detail upgrade over the present model... just a sidegrade and 'reimagining' of the current ship... which, frankly, is continuing this troubling trend of changing what works in the interest of the new.
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-01-19 11:06:25 UTC
Apocalypse, it's a thing of majesty.
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#46 - 2015-01-19 12:23:10 UTC
Dominix - it's supposed to be an old workhorse and it shows
flaming phantom
Dog Soldier Collective
#47 - 2015-01-19 12:26:04 UTC
I love the rifter and the T2 variants, I would never want to see that changed. Plus, it's so iconic for the game by now, it would be kind of stupid to change it.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2015-01-19 12:27:37 UTC
The Brick a.k.a. Dominix

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#49 - 2015-01-19 14:04:52 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Megathron.

Megathron before the current version... The shape the ship models were...

Thorax.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2015-01-19 16:29:35 UTC
Provence Tristram wrote:
Simple topic: list one ship you think is great as-is, and does not require a model revamp.

Mine? Vexor. I love my flying hair dryer, and I think it stands up superbly against any model in the game.

Update them all, if you aren't moving forward then you are moving backwards.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#51 - 2015-01-19 17:13:08 UTC
I keep my view zoomed out too far to look at ships and my settings at the lowest point possible for the highest performance. That said, the recent change to the cynabal is the only one I noticed as it has left me with a brown potato.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe
#52 - 2015-01-20 00:40:26 UTC
Don't touch my rifter.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2015-01-20 03:14:12 UTC
I imagine any Rifter changes will be minimal. Probably a warp speed animation along the lines of "Lock S-Foils in attack position" sort of deal.
Leannor
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2015-01-20 13:53:38 UTC
Armageddon, and, in fact, any Amarr ship. (except the bestower - who uses that piece of turd anyway)

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Josef Djugashvilis
#55 - 2015-01-20 14:04:00 UTC
Dominix, now that it actually has some visible detail.

It is one of the most iconic ships in the game.

This is not a signature.

Josef Djugashvilis
#56 - 2015-01-20 14:06:47 UTC
Aladar Dangerface wrote:
Ishtar

Lol

The vomit inducing colour of the Ishtar is a good reason the play Eve whilst wearing sunglasses.

This is not a signature.

Memphis Baas
#57 - 2015-01-20 14:25:18 UTC
They're talking about MODELS though (the shape of the ship).

Assume that color will be taken care of when we can all custom-paint our ships, which has been announced. So your vomit-inducing Ishtar will soon be more pastel to look at, or whatever.

Do you want the shape of the Ishtar to change or not?
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#58 - 2015-01-20 14:45:01 UTC
The FRIEND ships and RELATION ships don't need to be upgraded or changed Big smile

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Previous page123