These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Name a ship model you DON'T want upgraded/changed

Author
Solhild
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-01-18 18:35:06 UTC
I think every ship model should continue to be updated. These updates don't need to be particularly visually radical, as was the case with the Vexor.

I agree the pod is about perfect now but will benefit from tweaks in the future.
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#22 - 2015-01-18 18:57:11 UTC
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-01-18 19:33:42 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Helios.

If ever there was an incentive to get cloaking trained as fast as possible, this ship is it.

Mr Epeen Cool

U got the thread wrong bud. I vote for the imicus.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#24 - 2015-01-18 19:55:52 UTC
Chimera, because of the lore behind the ship. It's designed to resemble the ship that saved the State by sacrificing itself. ( Hero of the State, Admiral Yakiya Tovil-Toba )

This makes the Chimera fairly unique among Caldari ships who tend to have a function over form ideology (albeit that seems to be changing lately, seeing the Scorpion, Naga & Corax models)

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

T8497
Torgue
#25 - 2015-01-18 21:43:19 UTC
Hyperion.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#26 - 2015-01-18 23:45:38 UTC
Ishtar, but that's in relation to balance. It's fine.

Stratios.
Sugar Smacks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-01-18 23:56:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Sugar Smacks
Nemesis
It looks like it has fangs
Memphis Baas
#28 - 2015-01-19 00:05:51 UTC
Imicus should be changed.

The rest of the ships are fine, some even great. Vexor is great, the only thing I'd like to see changed is better resolution at the nose windows, as they are kinda fuzzy if you zoom in closely. Otherwise it's perfect.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#29 - 2015-01-19 00:17:59 UTC
Prophecy and Geddon.

Making them drone was insulting enough.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#30 - 2015-01-19 01:09:10 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Helios.

If ever there was an incentive to get cloaking trained as fast as possible, this ship is it.

Mr Epeen Cool

U got the thread wrong bud. I vote for the imicus.

Not at all. I want it to stay the same.

Because it's so ugly that it behooves you to focus on getting it under a cloak as soon as possible. There is no other ship that will do that. No dawdling along training a destroyer here and a cruiser there. Once you start on a Helios, you damn well finish it as fast as you can.

Mr Epeen Cool
Martin Corwin
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-01-19 01:09:42 UTC
Dominix. I like my spud as it is.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#32 - 2015-01-19 02:13:51 UTC
personally I think they should all just stay as they are! infact they should roll back a most of the changes.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Provence Tristram
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-01-19 04:08:13 UTC
Martin Corwin wrote:
Dominix. I like my spud as it is.

I'm really concerned about the proposed Domi changes.
Memphis Baas
#34 - 2015-01-19 04:30:30 UTC
What's wrong with the redesign?

Looks a little bit more mean. The underside looks like something from the Aliens franchise.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#35 - 2015-01-19 05:02:06 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Helios.

Mr Epeen Cool

You are a bad person.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#36 - 2015-01-19 05:09:23 UTC
Definitely not the old Apocalypse.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Provence Tristram
Caldari State
#37 - 2015-01-19 05:20:21 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
What's wrong with the redesign?

Looks a little bit more mean. The underside looks like something from the Aliens franchise.

Maybe I don't want it to look more mean.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#38 - 2015-01-19 06:16:55 UTC
Most Amarr ships. Small graphic improvements are ok. Currently there's no need for any "redesign" besides the Apocalypse, which looks like a fat Dachshund now. I even got fond of the Tormentor, which in the beginning looked really weird to me.

Remove standings and insurance.

Provence Tristram
Caldari State
#39 - 2015-01-19 07:52:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Provence Tristram
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Most Amarr ships. Small graphic improvements are ok. Currently there's no need for any "redesign" besides the Apocalypse, which looks like a fat Dachshund now. I even got fond of the Tormentor, which in the beginning looked really weird to me.

I kind of wouldn't mind a retooling of the Omen or the Geddon, to be totally honest with you.

My feeling on Amarr ships is that they're at their best when the 'tan armor' is used as a divider between the black elements of the ship and the gold ones. Thus, I think boats like the Apoc and the Maller look exceedingly good, while something like a Harbinger is a bit more of a visual mess, with black, gold and tan parts checkered all over the place.

Unquestionably, my least favorite Amarr ships are the ones with almost no black elements at all. While I like the basic lines of both the Omen and the Armageddon a lot, they don't really fall in line with what I consider 'modern Amarr theming.' Thus, I think both could probably use a bit of a facelift.
Aladar Dangerface
Protean Concept
Moss Piglet Preservation Society
#40 - 2015-01-19 09:00:38 UTC
Ishtar

Lol

I don't need twitter. I'm already following you.

Previous page123Next page