These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible Trailer is now available in HD!

First post
Author
bastrian
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2011-11-30 20:57:52 UTC
The new trailer is so cool. And the Music, great! Good Job to anyone that maked the video Lol

This is a Inappropriate signature. Please share it! Bastrian

Kyoko Sakoda
Achura-Waschi Exchange
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#62 - 2011-11-30 21:21:20 UTC
Womp, womp, womp dubstep.

<333333ing this.
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#63 - 2011-11-30 21:29:43 UTC
I really wish you had made a remake of EVE Never Fades instead of this.

Ah well, at least it is a great expansion.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#64 - 2011-11-30 21:52:30 UTC
Awesome trailer, though a bit short, love the tuneage, too.

Caldari space is oh, sooooooo lovely Bear, and deeper lo- and nullsec, are especially well-done (Great Wildlands FTW).

Like the Caldi CQ best as well, on the one time out of every 5000 that I'd actually use itBlink

(Gallente space nebula is a bit..."trying-too-hard-to-be-hawt," but that fits: They're Gallenteans, after all! Minmatar red = coolness, as well, though a bit too bright.)

I haz sadface because my rather archaic GPU can't really handle the shader-setting (medium+) needed for trails, so until I upgrade, it will be a rare indulgence. Pity, because the effects when you enter warp are especially cool--like a big ole' Mopar muscle-car laying rubber off the lineTwisted

Apropos, can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced (CAD 150.00-200.00 maximum) GPU upgrade (NVIDIA only, please) from my current GEForce 7350-LE (128MByte video memory--booooo!)? Rest of the system is an HP MediaCentre m8125x, Intel CoreQuad2 6600 at 2.44GHz, Windows Vista 32, 2GBytes RAM (Hopefully soon going to 4)? I jones for the day when I can put everything to "High," and tick that little box labelled "HDR On" in the settings menu, plebe-settings just don't do EVE justice anymore.

Ni.

Karos Vandarl
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2011-11-30 22:15:08 UTC
trailer looks home made , spot welded from bit of whatever was laying around...as a minmatar engineer , i give this 11/10 for awesomeness.

the new vid represents (i hope) a return to making the game work for the players rather than as a showcase for dev cleverness as have been the last few expansions.

matarari strategy tip No. 312 - if you cant read your own ships status on the enemy's dashboard you need to close range.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2011-11-30 22:25:00 UTC
I love the whole "this is all real gameplay" bit. Very cool approach.
Caldari Acolyte
Shark Enterprises
#67 - 2011-11-30 22:26:18 UTC
Be advised this is a Caldari State announcement We wish to confirm the New Trailer is a Win. That is all. Dismissed. Big smile
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#68 - 2011-11-30 22:44:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuronaga
So basically this was a trailer geared towards bittervets and had nothing to do with actually attempting to get the game new players.

Breathtaking new visuals -- if they were truly breath taking I would be looking at the visuals, not reading appeasement text about them. Also, they aren't breath taking. Not when you scaled down the original resolution of the nebs to pathetic levels of their original 2GB glory.

Engine trailers are back -- I have eyes, I can see that. So can all of the other bittervets. A new player wouldn't care though, so good job making it look like you're marketing your game towards whiny bittervets from the very start of a new players potential career.

Three new captains quarters -- Once again, I've got eyes. I can see that, thanks. Eve Never Fades didn't explain every little damn thing, why should you? It drew me in and wanted me to explore the things I saw in the trailer myself. I don't need intrusive text telling me everything, thats not the purpose of a good visual trailer. This also means nothing to a new player.

New Tier Three Battlecruisers -- Cool story, this also means nothing to a new player. Returning players would have recognized it immediately however, so this didn't need text. You might have also considered having them DO something rather then float in place for 8 seconds. Didn't exactly make them look exciting.

Capitals killing each other randomly -- Nice, out of place footage that doesn't fit with the apparent flawed "theme" of the trailer, which is to show off new features.

New tech 2 modules -- which graphically we cannot see in the trailer, but this also means nothing to a new player. It's such a minor thing, people really don't care that much anyway so why waste space in a trailer about it?

Time dilation -- good job misrepresenting what it actually does visually. The way you portray it in the trailer makes it actually look useful in day to day fights, when in reality its just making sure the game is slideshow for everybody instead of just people with dying computers.

Hybrid balancing -- for a trailer geared towards almost entirely appealing to bittervets, you sure took one of the biggest issues and made it only a visible for a split second. Good job with that.

Flurry of random crap at the end -- looks like you ran out of time on the trailer. Can't blame you, since you apparently only work on expansions for 6 weeks before they get released, according to Soundwave.

P.S. womp womp womp dubstep sucks
Saraell Tellon
The Classy Gentlemans Corporation
Moist.
#69 - 2011-11-30 23:37:40 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
Blah blah blah I'm a bitter vet

Three new captains quarters -- Once again, I've got eyes. I can see that, thanks. Eve Never Fades didn't explain every little damn thing, why should you?

Blah blah blah complaining blah something something according to Soundwave.

P.S. I have a different taste in music

That's because EVE Never Fades wasn't showcasing new features.
If you want to show what's changed, then you, wait for it, show it.
Hence, an extremely brief look at the new captains quarters.

I think it appeals to both vets and non-EVE players alike.
Flashy visuals get people sucked in, balances bring old players back.

Regardless, nice trailer, worked well, just could have been longer with a few more cuts of the awesome spider Tengu squad.
Was a fun fight to be in, hope they do something like this for the next trailer too! Big smile
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#70 - 2011-11-30 23:43:32 UTC
Saraell Tellon wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Blah blah blah I'm a bitter vet

Three new captains quarters -- Once again, I've got eyes. I can see that, thanks. Eve Never Fades didn't explain every little damn thing, why should you?

Blah blah blah complaining blah something something according to Soundwave.

P.S. I have a different taste in music

That's because EVE Never Fades wasn't showcasing new features.
If you want to show what's changed, then you, wait for it, show it.
Hence, an extremely brief look at the new captains quarters.

I think it appeals to both vets and non-EVE players alike.
Flashy visuals get people sucked in, balances bring old players back.

Regardless, nice trailer, worked well, just could have been longer with a few more cuts of the awesome spider Tengu squad.
Was a fun fight to be in, hope they do something like this for the next trailer too! Big smile

Never make videos.
Gattigen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2011-11-30 23:47:40 UTC
I logged on to the forums for the 1st time just to say this EVE DEVS

I may not be a vet or a complete noob,
I don't completely understand everything that goes on behind the closed doors in Iceland.

But you guys sure as hell are back on the right track, but don't think you can stop now.

Be proactive.

Keep moving.

Oh nice trailer btw :D
Make it longer please :)
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2011-12-01 00:12:28 UTC
I can has trailer with story (like Dominion/Tyrannis/Incursion) next time?
Pretty please?
This trailer was still pretty cool, though.
Caiden Baxter
You're a Pirate
#73 - 2011-12-01 00:20:46 UTC
The Music was pretty cool. Trailer itself..........meh.

Soon™

Schani Kratnorr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2011-12-01 00:36:40 UTC
I do not get the choir of praises above, what the devils inferno is wrong with you people (rhetorical Q, as I already know.)

I found the trailer devoid of content - much like the Crucible Expansion itself.

Why? Well... of the 1m:29s around 30s are opening logos and end credits. So it is, by comparison, very brief. A minute of fraps running in the background and a few Efter Effects text-layers get to inform us (in bold typeface) about new features - at least one of which is not in the patch anyway (according to notes.)

This trailer makes it harder for me to give away the new 60-day trial key.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#75 - 2011-12-01 01:03:14 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
[Entitled--and distinctly bittervet-like!--whinging]

Ur stuffs, I can haz?

Ni.

MidnightWyvern
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#76 - 2011-12-01 01:05:44 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

My thoughts exactly.Blink

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

FeralShadow
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2011-12-01 01:11:41 UTC
Awesome, i've not yet been disappointed.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Raid'En
#78 - 2011-12-01 01:49:13 UTC
that's not a true CCP trailer.

no sorry, it's nice, it's well done, it's true... BUT

that's not a ******* EVE trailer.
honestly i'm sure it's not the same guys that were doing the previous ones that did this one.
or else he smoke something before, cause it's not the same style at all.

there is originality on this trailer.

for me EVE trailers are special, they are their own personality, you feel it's EVE, you feel the guy who did it had inspiration while doing it
this one is different.

sure it was done by a professional who knew what he was doing, the quality is here.
but the personality is NOT.
Battle Nova
Terran Republic Medical Corp
#79 - 2011-12-01 02:28:34 UTC
Is this a "teaser" or a "trailer"? I was expecting an awesome like the Dominion one Lol
Invisusira
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#80 - 2011-12-01 05:26:27 UTC
Great video, really enjoyed it.

It was a PvP video, though. Not a trailer. This is a trailer. In the future, more trailers please!

I do appreciate, however, that in this particular instance you spent more time on polish and content rather than devoting time to create a proper trailer. (And were able to feature a lot of players themselves in an official vid, which I'm sure was a lot of fun for all involved.)