These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Proteus Release Issues

First post
Author
Trictus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2015-01-19 08:10:31 UTC
Muk Makbema wrote:
After two days, it now seems to work fine (for the drone aggro part). Thank you CCP Habakuk Big smile

Keep up the good work Blink

drone aggro here still terrible !!

CCP dont fix this bug of the Protheus release still

please CCP fix this problem XCrySad
CCP Turtlepower
C C P
C C P Alliance
#122 - 2015-01-19 10:05:09 UTC
Malou Hashur wrote:
ALSO STILL OUTSTANDING FROM THE LAST RELEASE.............

If you turn off the new notification system, the mail icon no longer flashes when you receive notifications. Mail yes, notifications, no.

This change is intended, and was included in patch notes. Notifications now wholly belong to the notification system. You can choose to be notified by the counter counting up, or by pop-ups (or both).
matancur
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#123 - 2015-01-19 10:13:50 UTC
Sad Good friends to me is still the same problem, if the CCP interfered with something I did not realize any difference, and have lost two fighter ratting, the anomaly entirely the not paid a single of these.
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#124 - 2015-01-19 18:31:43 UTC
These new asteroid environments shred my graphics when I load a mission that already had too many environment effects to begin with. Did anyone think of this horrible exponential increase these effects would have in combination?

I have to turn them off if only to save my GPU when running missions, not because I'm mining. Please please please let us turn on the light rays for the normal asteroids without having to have the sprite blob also enabled, pretty please?
Ranger Feenix
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2015-01-19 22:15:42 UTC
Dangeresque Too wrote:
These new asteroid environments shred my graphics when I load a mission that already had too many environment effects to begin with. Did anyone think of this horrible exponential increase these effects would have in combination?

I have to turn them off if only to save my GPU when running missions, not because I'm mining. Please please please let us turn on the light rays for the normal asteroids without having to have the sprite blob also enabled, pretty please?

It would be helpful if you could post your system hardware specs to assist the dev's in troubleshooting your issue. There are so many permutations pertaining to end user systems that posting hardware specs will at least allow them to better identify possible trends!

Lost in Space

perfecto ignori
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#126 - 2015-01-19 22:45:47 UTC  |  Edited by: perfecto ignori
FIX THE STACKED WINDOWS

when in space i stack people and places, probe scanner, direct scanner, inventory and change their order a little gray square shadow appears behind them.

i have to move the stack to get rid of the shadow (it looks like another window is hidden there behind it, and covers the right half of it)

it is also annoying how i have to reset-up this stacked window which reset itself after every undock. i like to have it in a certain order with the d-scan at he very right... but after each undock it comes back to some senseless default order...

and it is annoying as well when reordering stacked windows i can only move them to the last position, instead of behind able to squeeze them in between each other straight to where i need them... this is an VERY OLD ISSUE...

FIX THE STACKED WINDOWS

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.70f5
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#127 - 2015-01-19 23:20:35 UTC
Ranger Feenix wrote:
Dangeresque Too wrote:

It would be helpful if you could post your system hardware specs to assist the dev's in troubleshooting your issue. There are so many permutations pertaining to end user systems that posting hardware specs will at least allow them to better identify possible trends!
More of the point was that in quite a few missions now with the asteroid environment enabled you can't actually see very much of what is in the mission. It was bad enough before with a few missions just having too much 'effect' added to them like the super bright clouds that you couldn't read text or see UI on top of, now this stuff just makes it worse.
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#128 - 2015-01-20 01:12:36 UTC
CCP Turtlepower wrote:
Malou Hashur wrote:
ALSO STILL OUTSTANDING FROM THE LAST RELEASE.............

If you turn off the new notification system, the mail icon no longer flashes when you receive notifications. Mail yes, notifications, no.

This change is intended, and was included in patch notes. Notifications now wholly belong to the notification system. You can choose to be notified by the counter counting up, or by pop-ups (or both).

If this is the case, then why in the wide world of sports does one have to click into the MAIL window on the neocom to access said notifications....yet that very icon (the one used to access them) does not blink for notifications? Since when is that good design?
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#129 - 2015-01-20 06:51:41 UTC
I submitted a bug report ages ago about a new bug in Proteus that prevents me from closing the escape menu in the login screen. It just reopens itself a frame later.

Any fix? Its highly unpleasant when you have multiple computer and want to log multiple accounts at the same time.

Or maybe is it yet another disgusting move to force us to use the launcher?

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Khaar Le'ss
Freelance Investigations and Exploration Taskforce
#130 - 2015-01-20 12:37:34 UTC
I encountered a new feature today which I have not found in patch notes

when I was about to swap ships at a POS, the previous one remained in space because of cargohold having assembled cargo containers. I checked and only had Mobile Tractor Units there, and they were "assembled".

I fail to see how this could be intentional as they
- cant contain cargo while in a cargohold
- are same volume assembled and unassembled
- cant be repacked at a POS

so there is no way of abusing them as cargo expanders and this is basically only an unneccecary nuisance.

pretty please fix this! :-)
Tian Haklar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#131 - 2015-01-20 12:56:40 UTC
Khaar Le'ss wrote:

when I was about to swap ships at a POS, the previous one remained in space because of cargohold having assembled cargo containers. I checked and only had Mobile Tractor Units there, and they were "assembled".

so there is no way of abusing them as cargo expanders and this is basically only an unneccecary nuisance.

I experienced the same today. Though it worked yesterday.

Either with an assembled MTU or Mobile Depot in the cargo of a ship, the ship can't be stored in a Ship Maintenance Array.
It gives a message and ejects the pilot out of the ship into capsule.
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#132 - 2015-01-20 13:49:49 UTC
Khaar Le'ss wrote:

Yeah, this totally was not intended.

We are working on a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Gosti Kahanid
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#133 - 2015-01-20 15:13:11 UTC
there is still an issue when I swap to a Confessor in Space. The Interface makes the space for the Mode-buttons, but the buttons itself still don´t appear...
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#134 - 2015-01-20 15:47:01 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
Khaar Le'ss wrote:

Just curious on this, what did you guys 'fix' that broke this? What is it that is being changed here and what other ramifications will that have?
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#135 - 2015-01-20 16:30:27 UTC
Dangeresque Too wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
Khaar Le'ss wrote:

Just curious on this, what did you guys 'fix' that broke this? What is it that is being changed here and what other ramifications will that have?

Nothing was or is being changed, we were just sorting some server errors we were seeing on the backend and never really considered this case when testing. There should not be any other ramifications......Big smile

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#136 - 2015-01-20 17:44:06 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Ploing wrote:

can you confirm that burnermissions work as intended or also buggy.

Not sure, I will ask around tomorrow.

Worrff wrote:

There you go...... from a couple of pages back

Worrff wrote:
When emptying items from the Mobile Tractor unit, it closes the window.

Its a pain in the ass.

The problem Is from THIS patch, as it was working fine on Monday.

This is one of the issues in the pipeline for the next patch, it was fixed internally today.

Obviously not, Its still happening.

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#137 - 2015-01-20 21:03:43 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
Nothing was or is being changed, we were just sorting some server errors we were seeing on the backend and never really considered this case when testing. There should not be any other ramifications......Big smile
Well, that is disconcerting, the fact that normal use of an item was creating server errors, hopefully not the whole time since it was released.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#138 - 2015-01-20 21:24:32 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
Dangeresque Too wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
Khaar Le'ss wrote:

ÑB4 corp wallet shenanigans and the first dropped sov of 2015 :)

But on a serious note came here to report this. Glad y'all are already on top of it.

I'm right behind you

Charles Baxter
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2015-01-20 21:30:34 UTC
Related to the MTU issues, i was not able to scoop MTUs back to the Obelisks' cargo hold. Suppose this will be fixed as well with the other issues. Tnx a lot in advance !
John Wolfsson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2015-01-20 22:36:56 UTC  |  Edited by: John Wolfsson
Mobile depots have same issues as MTUs , please dont forget fix these - unable to store ship with mobile depot in cargo to SMA on pos