These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Inquiry about utter boredom

First post
Author
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#21 - 2015-01-08 17:45:19 UTC
You may not know this but a fair number of the forum users dont really log in in all... Cool
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#22 - 2015-01-08 18:43:11 UTC
OP is in a NPC corp. Join a player corp!

EVE is a sandbox, which means players generate content. If you are not generating content, or looking for it, you will be bored! It is a lot easier to generate content and to find it with the help of friends!

Example:

alwaysawkward66 wrote:
Before I joined BNI, I was a newbie just drifting around High sec and becoming increasingly frustrated with the game and the tedium of mining and ratting and trying to level up enough to start "playing". It was getting to the point where I was going to quit once my months subscription expired.

It was after I had seen and heard so much about Brave Newbies on youtube and reddit that I decided to put my application in and make the run to GE in my ship.

After many attempts and feeling increasingly like a contender from the show Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, I made it. Since then, the helpfulness of the community and the experiences of flying in t1 frigate roams and mining with BOVRIL have convinced me you guys are just the group I was looking for all along.

Thanks for the help, I'll be paying it forward to the next guy who asks for help. Be brave and 7o.
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#23 - 2015-01-08 18:49:24 UTC
I'll make room for the pro ...

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Plug in Baby
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-01-08 19:47:14 UTC
Many people are bored but hope will to play will come back.

I would say there are many people like me who just log each account once a month to chip away at their PLEX stack/mountain to keep their skills going and more importantly forum access. Long skill training queues was a nice buff to this playstyle.

This is called 'winning eve' in the bittervet community.

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Solecist Project
#25 - 2015-01-08 19:55:07 UTC
I am not wasting my micskills for this thread.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5380942#post5380942

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Themanfromdalmontee
EVE RADIO ARMY
#26 - 2015-01-08 20:13:46 UTC
Not good - how is it not good?

PVP is everything from solo pvp to massive fleets to gate camping in high sec - tried all that and inbetween?

Mining is everything from mining in high sec, ninja mining in wormholes/0.0, gas mining, ice mining etc etc etc - tried all that and inbetween?

Exploration - hacking? Relics? Combat sigs? Wormholes? - tried all that and in between?

What about market stuff or missions or all the the things you could do/

Or just a whiner who doesn't understand the idea of a sandbox where you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT
Serene Repose
#27 - 2015-01-08 20:17:30 UTC
Oops. Thought it was "udder" boredom. Was gonna suggest hooking them to a little crank generator. My bad.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#28 - 2015-01-08 20:36:56 UTC
Most people who play EVE appreciate the fact that it lets them watch Matlock on their VCR while playing. Especially now that there is Ti-Di PvP.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Herzyr
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-01-08 20:50:52 UTC
Ioci wrote:
Most people who play EVE appreciate the fact that it lets them watch Matlock on their VCR while playing. Especially now that there is Ti-Di PvP.

True that, There's nothing quite like alt tabbing while you wait for TiDi, at least until you come back and find yourself dead.

But hey, EvE encourages dual monitor setups, In fact, It would make everything better, screw around on the other screen while nothing is going on, or you can use it as an additional eyes when you need them.

Either way, win win.
Laken Starr
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-01-09 09:09:01 UTC

1. Don't fly solo.
  2. Pick a goal.
  3. Engage in only the activities you enjoy.
  4. Try to think of Eve as a hobby, rather than a game.
Big Lynx
#31 - 2015-01-09 09:23:47 UTC
Kelarlee wrote:
I'm very bored from this game.

Tried pvp, no good
Tried mining, no good
Tried exploration, no good

Tried posting in GD, no good

Kelarlee wrote:
what can you suggest?

biomass
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#32 - 2015-01-09 17:13:21 UTC
Xylem Viliana wrote:
You may not know this but a fair number of the forum users dont really log in in all... Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-01-09 17:17:36 UTC
Some log in and forget they are logged in.

And Sol your other thread makes more sense now lol.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#34 - 2015-01-09 17:26:31 UTC
Early each day to the GeeDee Forum,
The little old troll woman comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.

Come feed the little trolls, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their minds are so bare;
All it takes is two isk from you. "

Feed the trolls, two isk a bag,
Two isk, two isk, two isk a bag.
"Feed the trolls," that's what she cries,
While overhead, the trolls spout their lies.

All around the forum the miners and the gankers
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.

Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Feed the trolls, two isk a bag,
Two isk, two isk, two isk a bag."

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ma'Baker McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#35 - 2015-01-09 17:28:45 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Hey! Ah ree-semble that ree-mark!

You ain't so big as ah can't put y'all over mah knee, Missy!
Kalwas Denitas
#36 - 2015-01-09 17:31:16 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Early each day to the GeeDee Forum,
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.

Come feed the little trolls, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their minds are so bare;
All it takes is two isk from you. "

Feed the trolls, two isk a bag,
Two isk, two isk, two isk a bag.
"Feed the trolls," that's what she cries,
While overhead, the trolls spout their lies.

All around the forum the miners and the gankers
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.

I read this with the voice of Robert Plant in my head.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#37 - 2015-01-09 17:52:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
""Feed the Trolls" is a song featured in the YC109 motion picture Mary Trollins. The song speaks of an old beggar woman (the "Troll Woman") who sits in the General Discussion section of the EvE Online Forums, selling bags of breadcrumbs to passers-by for two isk a bag so that they can feed the many trolls which surround the old woman. (The scene is reminiscent of the real-life isk doublers of Jita.) It is reputed to have been Omir Sarakusa's favorite song.

In the original book, Mary Trollins accompanies the children, on their way to gank their father, to give money to the troll woman to feed the trolls. In the movie, on the way to the gank, their father discourages the children from feeding the trolls, while Mary Trollins, who had sung the song to the children the previous night, was on her day off because her account had expired. Academy Award winner Chemp Fastblurrag played the Troll Woman, her last screen appearance."

- Chusweel & Skipbloom's Guide to Holoreel Spectacullllarrrss, YC 115

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2015-01-09 22:24:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Solops Crendraven
Kelarlee wrote:

Tried pvp, no good
Tried mining, no good
Tried exploration, no good

To all other bored players out there, who aint so bored anymore, what can you suggest? Where do I find more enjoyable content? How do I find more enjoyable content?

I totally Understand The only reason I havnt cut my loss and uninstalled eve online (Valkyrie is looking promising though) is I invested so much isk and plex into skills and training and I want to aquire 20 accounts (I will need a thousand more )and destroy other player corps by myself that will make me happy and not bored. Ive played by my self its more fun than with others the problem with making friends online they become tyrannical and spoiled and there will always be a falling out of some sort be it in a couple of weeks or 10 years(I dont Mind Playing PvP I just like to drop and play I dont wanna hear peoples Drama because I wanna get immersed in the game not hear about some basketball game or how big their P is on chat or Voice comms. so I rather play s0lo and make Enemies I have more respect for them. In Conclusion make your own Content be Independent and dont rely on other players to do it for you and acquire some Lackeys to do your bidding And EXTERMINATE IT! the Training of Skills(Now waiting for skills to be trained now that is boring). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQLbwOGT8eM

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Meso Sewp
Fictitious Fantasy Foundation
#39 - 2015-01-09 23:45:25 UTC
It's quite simple really, it's all about who your hanging out with, just like in real life! Think about it, if your all alone it sucks, if your with people that annoy you, it sucks. But if you manage to meet some cool people then you can log in and have some fun, right?

I command you, Go make some friends!
Brunhild Aex
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-01-09 23:49:40 UTC
Kelarlee wrote:

I also felt that after a few years. Here's a little run of how my eve experience was:

• late 2006 - started eve online
  • early 2007 - started new character because my friends that brought me into eve told me i've learned what i had to and it was time to get serious, so i made a brutor [it was the time when characters had fixed stats at beginning brutor had highes per / will]
  • late 2007 - started roaming with my friends in amamake / started pvp ing in small gangs 3-4 people max
  • early 2008 - 1st time moved to null, drone region, lots of minerals, started industry, made isk, pvped for alliance
  • early 2010 - came back to high sec for relaxation
  • mid 2010 - found people of same nationality, founded corp, grew corp with our brethren, had fun, was a guru and a noob trainer
  • late 2010 - started wars in highsec, trained corp mates in the arts of war, they remained LOYAL to this day to me
  • late 2011 - early 2012 [or somewhere] started learning exploring, since i got got bored with missioning made billions in high-sec
  • mid 2012 - entire corp merged with another same nationality corp - we were even bigger, stronger, moved back to null sec with a small army behind me as RENTERS. didn't have time and patience to go CTAing for some stupid moon reason and stupid crap like that
  • late 2012 - had fun with corps / aliances that roamed our rented systems, gang bang, pizza, black legion etc.
  • late 2013 - moved in another region and the step above began again ... some guys actually followed us since they had fun with us ... we killed them they killed some of our less intelligent members and so on.
  • super late 2013 - took a break from eve. had SP / had ISK / had friends did all
  • late 2014 - couldn't stay away. eve is in my blood. came back. MADE A BUCKET LIST ...

Making that BUCKET list, [things to do that i never did before, was the best thing that happened] I have more than 100 self named achievements to do. And i'm going to do them all. I got killed, i killed, i roamed, i soloed, i awoxed, i can flipped, i suspect baited [recently], i explored, i scammed [proud to say i never got scammed, tho i lost isk with market orders because i don't have patience], i explored, i high sec ganked, i was doomsdayed by a titan, i killed people in a wormhole, i stalked people in a wormhole etc.

That's what i've done, i'm going to do many more things in my spare time. Spare time because this is a game, it's ment to be fun, and i hate the politics in eve. If you can't find anything fun to do than quit. Or you could make a bucket list of things to do.

Try visiting most important landmarks in eve, try visiting NOVA :), hold a goon hostage and ransom his ship ... you know fun stuff. Good luck.
Previous page123Next page