These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

JUMP button - make it unactive as before

Author
LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-12-02 23:09:58 UTC  |  Edited by: LeHarfang
Like Feligast said.

Adapt or die.

Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Hey man, if you could FRAPS a recording or TS audio copy of one of these incidents happening, it would confim that this is a serious issue and would probably flag down CCP dev attention that much sooner. Don't listen to these trolls and do what it takes to get this mistake resolved!

That would be a pretty funny video to watch lol!
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2011-12-02 23:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
how did you have that problem in the first place???

Hell, my problem is i keep doing the opposite and hitting warp when I meant to hit jump.

It's because the warp button is in the same position so I automatically go to it...

How do you click the wrong button when the original button is still in the same place and the patch hasn't even been out for 5 days????

I figure the biggest problem anyone would have is the same as mine and clicking warp instead of jump....
I have no idea how you're messing up something that is still the same and comes automatically for most players...

P.S.

What did the five fingers say to the face?

"SLAP"
el alasar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-12-02 23:37:08 UTC
regarding the new jump+warp button...
1. you can canel the jump command even if you are already in warp by "stopping" the ship
2. there is a bug, that sometimes the jump will not be performed when you have reached the gate. you will idle at the gate, no retry to jump like with autopilot.

i think the real issue is with the wrong/missing audio feedback. check this thread alignment, warp, jump, abort: sound+voice feedback issues

did i miss something?

check the moderated 10000 papercuts evelopedia page! http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Little_things_and_ideas_-_low_hanging_fruit_-_10000_papercuts comment, bump(!) and like what you like

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2011-12-03 00:00:38 UTC
Get better at this game.
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#25 - 2011-12-03 01:05:27 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

This was a fail fix. - What will happen when we are on a fleet and the other side is camped.. our FC say warp to the gate and instead "warp" button I press "Jump" button??!! I will tell you - you warp on the gate at zero, automatic jump and die!!!

FAIL PILOT not Fail Fix... if you are that stupid or that incapable of using a mouse, then I say.... "TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU!!"" you deserve to be a KM trophy...

Nasopraso
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#26 - 2011-12-05 11:05:42 UTC
Aurelius Valentius wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

This was a fail fix. - What will happen when we are on a fleet and the other side is camped.. our FC say warp to the gate and instead "warp" button I press "Jump" button??!! I will tell you - you warp on the gate at zero, automatic jump and die!!!

FAIL PILOT not Fail Fix... if you are that stupid or that incapable of using a mouse, then I say.... "TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU!!"" you deserve to be a KM trophy...

When you start playing in 0.0 and have more then 0 kills you can talk! Or Aurelius Valentius is alt? you can also check Naso in KB to see how much FAIL is he!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=95764

Mag's
Azn Empire
#27 - 2011-12-05 11:27:34 UTC
Feligast wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:
CCP just make turn on/off option for this button and everybody will be happy ffs!

Today 3 ppl died like that

Natural selection at work.
This.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Xtover
Cold Moon Destruction.
#28 - 2011-12-05 13:43:00 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:
CCP just make turn on/off option for this button and everybody will be happy ffs!

hahaha

lemmings
Nasopraso
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#29 - 2011-12-05 13:46:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Nasopraso
Xtover wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

hahaha

lemmings

Dude "lemmings" is when you jump without order!!! This is different! Start reading from the beginning

As I see you are also "very good" in PVP KB - Xtover

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=95764

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-12-05 19:06:34 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:
Xtover wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

hahaha

lemmings

Dude "lemmings" is when you jump without order!!! This is different! Start reading from the beginning

"You see that little button that says jump?"

"Yes"

"ok, don't click that button, click the button just to the left of it that says warp"

"Uhh, oops"

"What Happened/"

"I clicked the jump button"

"why did you click the jump button? I told you not to."

"I clicked it before you told me not to, cause I thought you were telling me to."

"Dude, click cancel"

"uhh, you can't cancel while in warp can you?"

"You can't cancel the warp but you can cancel the jump after the warp"

"So wait, it won't work if you've already jumped?"

"uhhh.....NO"

"So click it before I jump?"

"yes, you can click it while you're still in warp to cancel the jump"

"uhh, ****"

"What happened now?"

"I had already jumped before I clicked cancel"

"Well, if you hadn't spent so much time asking questions that wouldn't have happened.. Just wait on the other side and stay cloaked... You can be our recon"

"uhh, oops"

"What now?"

"I kinda already started approaching the gate to come back"

"Can you make it?"

"Uhh, well, Yeah, but I'll be coming from Amarr with a new ship..."

"Ok, just wait right there for a second"

[Corporation, Members, Nasopraso.... Kick from Corp...Are you sure?....YES...]

[People and Places...Search... Nasopraso....Info....Ignore Character...Are you sure?...YES...]

[Notes] ""Lemming""
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#31 - 2011-12-06 00:33:25 UTC
If you make this mistake you're unworthy of whatever ship you were flying and deserve your fate.
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-12-06 04:07:41 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

Oh god! NO! dont make ON/OFF buttons for everything! Just use the hotkey S instead of D and you are good... noone can prevent noobs from jumping the wrong time, nor shoot the wrong ship...
Sanguine Belroth
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-12-06 05:07:34 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

Yeah I died also. But you'll get used to it. In 1 week you will be totally over it.
Like the new text, I was appalled upon loading up crucible. But after a few days, don't even notice any more.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#34 - 2011-12-07 09:39:11 UTC
Can't you just warp to the gate? Does "Warp to" do the same thing as "Jump" now? o.O;
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-12-07 10:37:30 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

Read: 3 people didn't listen to the FC and got a lesson in "listen to the FC, dumbass".

Maybe next time they'll listen to the FC.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Sigras
Conglomo
#36 - 2011-12-07 10:57:07 UTC
oh, i imagine they listened to the FC, they just had some sort of uncontrollable muscle spasm and clicked on the wrong button . . . then they suddenly lost their hotkey to stop their ship and forgot how to do it with the HUD.

Clearly it was through no fault of their own . . . [/sarcasm]
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-12-07 11:12:04 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

And what will happen if you don't switch your hardeners on or activate your guns? You will also die...
Xtover
Cold Moon Destruction.
#38 - 2011-12-07 13:08:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Xtover
Nasopraso wrote:
Xtover wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

hahaha

lemmings

Any smart person would look at my KB and see how this char was once a cyno alt, and most losses are cyno frigs or dictors.

(believe it or not dictors die A LOT)

A lemming is someone who jumps ahead of the fleet when instructed to hold. If you warp+jump guess what you're doing?
el alasar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-12-07 13:12:52 UTC
Xtover wrote:
A lemming is someone who jumps ahead of the fleet when instructed to hold. If you warp+jump guess what you're doing?

lemmings never stop moving. they need to be controlled ^^

check the moderated 10000 papercuts evelopedia page! http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Little_things_and_ideas_-_low_hanging_fruit_-_10000_papercuts comment, bump(!) and like what you like

Previous page12