These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jayne for CSMX - ELECTED! - Thank you for your support!

First post First post
Author
Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
#161 - 2015-01-29 05:53:44 UTC
Kinza wrote:
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
Kinza wrote:
Well, after actually reading the whole tread (took a damn while, like 2-3 hours) I find that Jayne (I've flown with him a few times too with him as FC, AKA I AM KOSSEN JAIKKA) and I think that yes he will do a awesome job to be a CSM. Unfortunatly there is a lot of hate going on about in-game actions that had nothing to do with a CSM campaign, but here is the nature of Eve.

Anyway, I hope that he gets there and will sure be on my vote.



Well I can respect the sentiment but "going off of ingame actions" is kind of the best thing we have. Certain CSMs get elected based on their actions in wormhole space, or the economic or industrial side of things. What else would you base it off of? High school grades? Field and track records? Ugh


This is Eve, people scam and cheat others because they can. Well I think that all the gameplay at work in eve should be represented. Even if he would had cheated me out of something because of X Y Z reasons. If he was good at it, well good for him. But in any case. trust for someone to work for the game is different than trusting a guy for a corp or other stuff that is realted to you in-game. (If it wasn't clear the way I was saying it, just PM me)



The criticism raised has nothing to do with cheating or scamming, but actual quality of ideas presented and ability to follow through.
Sersei Sarum
Doomheim
#162 - 2015-01-29 18:27:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sersei Sarum
I don't hold it against you that you may have scammed/stole. This is a viable gameplay tactic and part of Eve. We have Goons that have a whole culture that celebrates this sort of thing as they should. And so your participation in such activities only shows that you play the game how you want. I flew with Spectre fleet a long time ago and I had a lot of fun sniping Provibloc fleets with Longbows (Railcorms.) I think you should be judged fit for CSM based on the level of maturity and your ability to deal with criticism.

Regardless of how you play the game, this quality is the corner stone of anyone being a leader of any community and I'm sure that you agree that out of game maturity is far more important than what you play as in game.
Quantum Lotus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2015-01-30 17:35:51 UTC
I've been on hiatus for a bit, but as soon as i heard Jayne was running for CSM i wanted to log in and show my support.

Jayne is one of the most intelligent and considerate people that ive had the good fortune of flying with. Whether it's educating new pilots on the ins and outs of combat or collaborating with existing CSM members or CCP Devs, you simply couldn't ask for a better representative for the EVE community.

Best of luck to you Jayne, I know you'll do a spectacular job.
Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2015-02-02 11:25:59 UTC
Jayne, simple question for you: how would you go on about introducing more small gang into 0.0 warfare?

An official Member of the Goonswarm Federation Complaints Department.

Ezek Price
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#165 - 2015-02-02 12:08:00 UTC
+1 will vote.

War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left.

My blog, Civire Commander: http://civre.blogspot.co.uk/

Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2015-02-02 19:23:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Michele Bachmann
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Will your club mechanic be working as intended when the inevitable happens and there's really only 2 large npsi groups and their assorted lackeys A la goons vs. N3 ?
Well.... I gotta agree with Ash. I don't think you know how NPSI works.

Like this doesn't even remotely make sense... NPSI groups aren't just limited to PvP. How do you imagine this would become so perverted that only two social groups would exist, and they would be aligned against one another? There are multiple groups in existence presently, and there will be multiple groups in the future for the simple reason that they have different interests, and interact within the different activities of new eden.



Jayne you're just a demagogue advocating for drastic changes and appealing to your NPSI base. And you're right npsi groups aren't just pvp groups. They are political entities that have their own motives. I question if those motives are good for the game or not.

And to be honest the argument that 'npsi groups are different therefore there will be no political alliances' is **** poor at best. I don't havr to imagine such a peversion of rwo social groups because they already exist in eve and in the real world.

But please continue to dodge the points I'm making and hide behind your 'im an fc in spectre noob stfu you don't know what you're talking about'. Its time to deliberate about your proposals
Sersei Sarum
Doomheim
#167 - 2015-02-02 19:51:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sersei Sarum
Sersei Sarum wrote:
I don't hold it against you that you may have scammed/stole. This is a viable gameplay tactic and part of Eve. We have Goons that have a whole culture that celebrates this sort of thing as they should. And so your participation in such activities only shows that you play the game how you want. I flew with Spectre fleet a long time ago and I had a lot of fun sniping Provibloc fleets with Longbows (Railcorms.) I think you should be judged fit for CSM based on the level of maturity and your ability to deal with criticism.

Regardless of how you play the game, this quality is the corner stone of anyone being a leader of any community and I'm sure that you agree that out of game maturity is far more important than what you play as in game.



Straight

I'm sorry to say that in light of today's discovery, I am unsure that these qualities are present in you. I was browsing through eve-kill, zkills and eventually evewho and I found your page: http://evewho.com/pilot/Jayne+Fillon

In it there's a picture from your twitter where you write "Seraph makes me extremely angry. There, I said it. I'm mad. F@#k you, Seraph, you worthless maggot." This raises a bit of concern for me as maturity is an important attribute for me as a voter but I want to give you a fair chance to explain. So my questions are:

1. Is that picture authentic? Did you actually refer to another player in those manners? It could be faked I understand so I'm asking you.

2. If that is you, is it proper conduct for a CSM to refer to a player in such a manner?

3. More importantly, again if the picture is true, can we expect that your anger issues will be resolved by the time you join the CSM or will it be a repeated issue?

I'm sorry I just don't see how the CSM would be effective under such conditions. Even you brought up compelling criticism toward other individuals with known anger issues such as Sort Dragon. How do you address the same criticism toward you?
Khoid
#168 - 2015-02-02 20:23:16 UTC
I think he meant to say "Damnit Khoid." Unfortuantely his tweet got lost in translation.
Jayne Fillon
#169 - 2015-02-02 21:39:46 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Will your club mechanic be working as intended when the inevitable happens and there's really only 2 large npsi groups and their assorted lackeys A la goons vs. N3 ?
Well.... I gotta agree with Ash. I don't think you know how NPSI works.

Like this doesn't even remotely make sense... NPSI groups aren't just limited to PvP. How do you imagine this would become so perverted that only two social groups would exist, and they would be aligned against one another? There are multiple groups in existence presently, and there will be multiple groups in the future for the simple reason that they have different interests, and interact within the different activities of new eden.


Jayne you're just a demagogue advocating for drastic changes and appealing to your NPSI base. And you're right npsi groups aren't just pvp groups. They are political entities that have their own motives. I question if those motives are good for the game or not.

And to be honest the argument that 'npsi groups are different therefore there will be no political alliances' is **** poor at best. I don't havr to imagine such a peversion of rwo social groups because they already exist in eve and in the real world.

But please continue to dodge the points I'm making and hide behind your 'im an fc in spectre noob stfu you don't know what you're talking about'. Its time to deliberate about your proposals
You've made your point and I've told you that I don't agree. Restating it is neither going to help nor change my answer when neither of us has anything beyond our words and our opinions. Thankfully, I have experience in these kinds of communities, and you don't... but it's still my word against yours.

Also, of course I'm advocating for changes that are appealing to my NPSI base. That is the playstyle that I enjoy, and the people who play Eve in similar ways are the people that I specifically want to represent on the CSM. That's the point.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Jayne Fillon
#170 - 2015-02-02 21:52:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Sersei Sarum wrote:
I'm sorry to say that in light of today's discovery, I am unsure that these qualities are present in you. I was browsing through eve-kill, zkills and eventually evewho and I found your page: http://evewho.com/pilot/Jayne+Fillon

In it there's a picture from your twitter where you write "Seraph makes me extremely angry. There, I said it. I'm mad. F@#k you, Seraph, you worthless maggot." This raises a bit of concern for me as maturity is an important attribute for me as a voter but I want to give you a fair chance to explain. So my questions are:

1. Is that picture authentic? Did you actually refer to another player in those manners? It could be faked I understand so I'm asking you.

2. If that is you, is it proper conduct for a CSM to refer to a player in such a manner?

3. More importantly, again if the picture is true, can we expect that your anger issues will be resolved by the time you join the CSM or will it be a repeated issue?

I'm sorry I just don't see how the CSM would be effective under such conditions. Even you brought up compelling criticism toward other individuals with known anger issues such as Sort Dragon. How do you address the same criticism toward you?

What a strange question.

The tweet is certainly authentic, which you could have easily verified: https://twitter.com/BomberJayne/status/558131768105373696

As for "proper conduct," I'm not running for the CSM in order to hold player's hands and whisper sweet nothings in their ear. If someone is acting like an idiot, I'm going to tell them that they're acting like an idiot. CSM member, player, or developer - it doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to sugar coat my opinion, either.

... and I can't believe I have to state this, but I don't have anger issues. Seraph earns a special type or ire for the antics that he's pulled during the last two years, including his shenanigans in this thread, as well as my campaign thread for CSM9. I dislike him, and he dislikes me. Is it my job to like everyone as a member of the CSM? No, of course not. Have my "anger issues" clouded my responses at anytime during the course of this thread? No, of course not.

Also I never brought up criticisms against Sort for having anger issues, I just questioned his activity level during CSM8.

I'm passionate about this game. I hope that's not an issue.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Sersei Sarum
Doomheim
#171 - 2015-02-02 21:58:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Sersei Sarum
Well it isn't about whispering sweet nothings in people's ears. It's about maintaining your composure and not blowing your lid. It just surprised me that is all. I wonder what could illicit such an angry response (toward that player, not me i mean). You don't need to be so defensive with me, I'm simply not familiar with the issue.
Jayne Fillon
#172 - 2015-02-02 22:52:09 UTC
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Well it isn't about whispering sweet nothings in people's ears. It's about maintaining your composure and not blowing your lid. It just surprised me that is all. I wonder what could illicit such an angry response (toward that player, not me i mean). You don't need to be so defensive with me, I'm simply not familiar with the issue.
The story is long, and honestly not worth discussing. If you're truly interested in the backstory, a check of our employment history and a read through of his articles on EN24 should suffice.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Sersei Sarum
Doomheim
#173 - 2015-02-02 22:57:56 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Well it isn't about whispering sweet nothings in people's ears. It's about maintaining your composure and not blowing your lid. It just surprised me that is all. I wonder what could illicit such an angry response (toward that player, not me i mean). You don't need to be so defensive with me, I'm simply not familiar with the issue.
The story is long, and honestly not worth discussing. If you're truly interested in the backstory, a check of our employment history and a read through of his articles on EN24 should suffice.


I sent a pm! Smile

Anyway back on topic. In your vision for NPSI will there be a chance for things similar to corp thefts and other fun shenanigans?
Angry Mustache
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#174 - 2015-02-02 23:18:26 UTC
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Well it isn't about whispering sweet nothings in people's ears. It's about maintaining your composure and not blowing your lid. It just surprised me that is all. I wonder what could illicit such an angry response (toward that player, not me i mean). You don't need to be so defensive with me, I'm simply not familiar with the issue.
The story is long, and honestly not worth discussing. If you're truly interested in the backstory, a check of our employment history and a read through of his articles on EN24 should suffice.


I sent a pm! Smile

Anyway back on topic. In your vision for NPSI will there be a chance for things similar to corp thefts and other fun shenanigans?


In all honesty stop trying to swiftboat jayne.

The whole drama affair was pretty much manufactured by seraph for a personal grudge.

An official Member of the Goonswarm Federation Complaints Department.

Sersei Sarum
Doomheim
#175 - 2015-02-03 07:21:23 UTC
Angry Mustache wrote:
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Well it isn't about whispering sweet nothings in people's ears. It's about maintaining your composure and not blowing your lid. It just surprised me that is all. I wonder what could illicit such an angry response (toward that player, not me i mean). You don't need to be so defensive with me, I'm simply not familiar with the issue.
The story is long, and honestly not worth discussing. If you're truly interested in the backstory, a check of our employment history and a read through of his articles on EN24 should suffice.


I sent a pm! Smile

Anyway back on topic. In your vision for NPSI will there be a chance for things similar to corp thefts and other fun shenanigans?


In all honesty stop trying to swiftboat jayne.

The whole drama affair was pretty much manufactured by seraph for a personal grudge.


Swiftboat? I'm not familiar with the term. I did not mean to stumble into something I was not suppose to know about. I didn't mean any offense. Ugh
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#176 - 2015-02-03 10:47:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Sersei Sarum wrote:
Swiftboat? I'm not familiar with the term. I did not mean to stumble into something I was not suppose to know about. I didn't mean any offense. Ugh


It's an American colloquialism for a political attack.

From Wikipedia

Quote:
The term swiftboating (also spelled swift-boating or swift boating) is an American neologism used pejoratively to describe an unfair or untrue political attack. The term is derived from the name of the organization "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" (SBVT, later the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth) because of their widely publicized—and then discredited—campaign against 2004 U.S. Presidential candidate John Kerry.


That tweet has a fair bit of context. During the CSM 9 campaign, Jaynes target in the tweet put out a lengthy accusation claiming that Jayne violated the EULA/TOS while metagaming because of how Jayne implied he was someone else while using an alt character. The piece called Jayne "unfit for the CSM" due to this behavio. The supposed violation of the EULA/TOS appears, given Jayne's consistent activity over the past year, to have been ignored by CCP as a whole.

It was also the author of that article who used the situation to troll and throw out personal attacks towards Jayne in his first CSM 9 thread, which caused the ISD to lock it. When Jayne opened his second CSM 9 thread, that same behavior continued by this person, with ISD removing the posts for numerous rules violations. This context is useful in understanding what would prompt Jayne to create that tweet. It has been roughly a year, if not longer, that Jayne has had this single person obsessed with defaming him. This is the same person who supports doxxing of people's real life information.

Since its hard to determine if you were being sincere or not with that string of questions pertaining to the tweet, I'll err on the side of optimism and say that you were simply unaware of the context. Simply put, to take that one tweet and ignore the year's worth (at a minimum) of context and say Jayne isn't capable of composure is a fallacy.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#177 - 2015-02-03 23:14:14 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.


27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Orange Something
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#178 - 2015-02-04 04:36:02 UTC
NPSI fleets like Spectre managed to keep me in the game after I had quit out of rage.

I'm happy to see someone like Jayne run for CSM, he has my vote.
Orange Something
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#179 - 2015-02-04 05:27:00 UTC
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Michele Bachmann wrote:
Will your club mechanic be working as intended when the inevitable happens and there's really only 2 large npsi groups and their assorted lackeys A la goons vs. N3 ?
Well.... I gotta agree with Ash. I don't think you know how NPSI works.

Like this doesn't even remotely make sense... NPSI groups aren't just limited to PvP. How do you imagine this would become so perverted that only two social groups would exist, and they would be aligned against one another? There are multiple groups in existence presently, and there will be multiple groups in the future for the simple reason that they have different interests, and interact within the different activities of new eden.



Jayne you're just a demagogue advocating for drastic changes and appealing to your NPSI base. And you're right npsi groups aren't just pvp groups. They are political entities that have their own motives. I question if those motives are good for the game or not.

And to be honest the argument that 'npsi groups are different therefore there will be no political alliances' is **** poor at best. I don't havr to imagine such a peversion of rwo social groups because they already exist in eve and in the real world.

But please continue to dodge the points I'm making and hide behind your 'im an fc in spectre noob stfu you don't know what you're talking about'. Its time to deliberate about your proposals

Pardon me if I'm intruding on any discussions, and also for attempting to fight Jayne's battles in his own thread, but I strongly disagree with you. I've flown with NPSI groups like Spectre for the past few months, and I would agree with the fact that they're political entities, but they behave on an entirely different wavelength than the big coalitions like the CFC. As far as I can gather after flying in these fleets, the only clear goal NPSI fleets have is to generate content for anyone willing to take the time and put forth the effort of joining up for a fleet. Which is unlike big political entities like the CFC or N3, whose goals are to make money/control sov/etc. I'm not going to pretend like there is a 0% chance that Jayne could have some ulterior motives in his campaign, but coming from someone who understands these things to some extent I have trouble imagining what exactly those motives might be, if there even could be any.

Also your initial argument on NPSI communities evolving into only two power blocs is flawed as well. There is plenty of crossover that happens between the different NPSI channels, a la Spectre advertising for bomber fleets in the Bombers Bar channel or Spectre getting notified when an RvB Ganked event is starting. Not to mention that there is also crossover between public fleets with different goals. For example, recently Bombers Bar (a specialized PvP channel) and Warp to Me Incursions (a PvE channel) did a co-operative fleet. This kind of thing would be incredibly unlikely to happen amongst the big null blocs. I still have yet to find two competing NPSI/Public fleet channels that have bitter rivalries against each other, to the point where they have to send in spies to see what they're working towards. A more likely dystopian situation is that they would all clump into one group, which is also unlikely.

I agree that a lot of Jayne's points center around benefiting the NPSI community, but isn't that kinda the point of the CSM? To try and benefit the type of gameplay you enjoy the most? I'm not gonna play the fool and say helping the NPSI community carries as much weight as the need for the Sov rebalance or the need for changes to hisec, but I can directly see how these proposed changes would benefit the NPSI community, which is more than I can say for some proposals I've heard.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2015-02-04 12:09:26 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
I want to see a fleet mechanic that allows fleet operators to make it public what your intentions are. Example: a NPSI fleet decides to broadcast open hostility publicly, so that nobody is butthurt when they get shot by a blue cause they can see that the blue is in a NPSI fleet.

Thoughts?
There are a few things that I would like to see happen with the current fleet mechanics, and the one closest to what you're talking is the "fleet standings" concept. The gist of it is simple: members of a fleet inherit standings from FC. Your blues are now the FC's blues, your reds are now the FC's red, and people view YOU in the same way they would view the FC. These standings would preferably only apply for the duration of the fleet, and only if the FC "enabled" that option etc etc.

Whether that is technically possible given the coding for standings and fleet, I don't know.

I think temporary standings inherited from somebody or not have a big potential for abuse ... disguising as blue, neutral, red by just having the right fleet boss or setting a flag. Also a mechanic like this would foster corps to be more restrictive in regards of their members joining NPSI fleets. What makes sense imo is to allow additional mutual standings towards other fleets ("trade standings").

I'm my own NPC alt.