These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jayne for CSMX - ELECTED! - Thank you for your support!

First post First post
Author
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#61 - 2015-01-15 09:19:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
Jayne Fillon wrote:
In game, I probably abide by different a code of ethics than you, and that's fine - but just because you don't play by the same rules or like the way that I play my game, doesn't make my playstyle immoral or invalid. For example, I don't agree with what CODE does by extorting highsec miners, but that doesn't mean I don't support their freedom to play Eve the way that they have chosen to play it. That's the beauty of the Sandbox.
Good to hear this. So this means you fully support The Marmite Collective in the way they play their game too. You know with all the wars and not nerfing Eve to death Pirate

You will be the last one I would vote for. I think you are a Trojan Nerf Horse in disguise.

The CSM isnt just about you or your NPSI fleets, it's about what the community wants. Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Jayne Fillon
#62 - 2015-01-15 12:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Tora Bushido wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
In game, I probably abide by different a code of ethics than you, and that's fine - but just because you don't play by the same rules or like the way that I play my game, doesn't make my playstyle immoral or invalid. For example, I don't agree with what CODE does by extorting highsec miners, but that doesn't mean I don't support their freedom to play Eve the way that they have chosen to play it. That's the beauty of the Sandbox.
Good to hear this. So this means you fully support The Marmite Collective in the way they play their game too. You know with all the wars and not nerfing Eve to death Pirate

You will be the last one I would vote for. I think you are a Trojan Nerf Horse in disguise.
Trojan Nerf Horse? That's one I haven't heard before... and I rather like it. Thanks.

To the point tho, I'm not hiding my dislike for the current wardec mechanics - I've always openly disliked them. There are many many things you could do to the mechanic in order to make it more targeted instead of encouraging blanket wardecs, as well as just camping in both trade hubs and pipeline systems. Currently, wars serve to both discourage new players from joining a corporation, discourages those corporations from ever forming in the first place, and doesn't provide enough options for a defending group to fight back in a meaningful way.

Wars are great for hunting down specific individuals or groups, preventing a group from operating in a specific area, removing structures such as POSs and POCOs, and allowing for large fights between groups such as mercs and RvB etc.

These are the facets that should be improved and focused upon.

In context of your original quote, I do support your way to play the game, but from a moral or ethical standpoint only. I do not support your playstyle in the same way that I couldn't support the DecShield initiative, for one example of many. Sure, it was possible for that "playstyle" to occur under the old wardec mechanics, but I'm sure you of all people will agree that using the game's mechanics in such a way was broken and needed to be fixed. Thankfully it was.

Quote:
The CSM isn't just about you or your NPSI fleets, it's about what the community wants.
Heh. So true.... and I never once claimed that I was interested in the CSM for a singular purpose.

.... buuuuuuuuut since we're **** slinging anyway, I like your statement when it reads like this instead:

Quote:
The CSM isn't just about you or your wars, it's about what the community wants.
Ahh... much better.

That's the beautiful thing about democracy, isn't it? If you represent the minority, you get a minority say, no matter how loud you say it - and you are the minority here, make no mistake. I will make no concessions in order to appease you.

We'll just have to wait for election day to see what the community truly wants.

EDIT: ...and if the side effect of using the nerf bat here is a better NPE, the emergence of more player based groups, and encouraging meaningful conflict between highsec entities, then all I have to say is swing baby swing.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#63 - 2015-01-15 13:03:26 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
To the point tho, I'm not hiding my dislike for the current wardec mechanics - I've always openly disliked them. There are many many things you could do to the mechanic in order to make it more targeted instead of encouraging blanket wardecs, as well as just camping in both trade hubs and pipeline systems. Currently, wars serve to both discourage new players from joining a corporation, discourages those corporations from ever forming in the first place, and doesn't provide enough options for a defending group to fight back in a meaningful way.
HTFU Blink Eve is real.

Jayne Fillon wrote:
Wars are great for hunting down specific individuals or groups, preventing a group from operating in a specific area, removing structures such as POSs and POCOs, and allowing for large fights between groups such as mercs and RvB etc. These are the facets that should be improved and focused upon.
Great, that's exactly what we do.

Jayne Fillon wrote:
In context of your original quote, I do support your way to play the game, but from a moral or ethical standpoint only. I do not support your playstyle in the same way that I couldn't support the DecShield initiative, for one example of many. Sure, it was possible for that "playstyle" to occur under the old wardec mechanics, but I'm sure you of all people will agree that using the game's mechanics in such a way was broken and needed to be fixed. Thankfully it was.
Make up your mind, you agree or you don't. You're giving mixed feelings here to your readers.

Jayne Fillon wrote:
EDIT: ...and if the side effect of using the nerf bat here is a better NPE, the emergence of more player based groups, and encouraging meaningful conflict between highsec entities, then all I have to say is swing baby swing.
Let me guess, you play WOW ? Might want to exchange flowers too.

ashurman
Doomheim
#64 - 2015-01-15 14:34:23 UTC
Tora your aware bringing more new guys in and creating content for them to be excited about actualy gives you more people to pad your kb with right?
and everyone likes flowers.. cept jayne.. as he is a wooden horse of legend..

Anywho a few actual questions for the fearless leader, The Bowtie master,The leader of the CultofSash, Mr Jayne.

You get on the panel *yay go you*, what would be the FIRST thing you try and push forward to ccp and why?

What is your main reason for wanting to be on the CSM.

Which ship type OR Module requires the most urgent overhaul in your mind and why?

and a fun one.

Which player made EvE Video in your mind shows off the game best.

Ashurman
Long live Npsi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ5m4btECM

Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#65 - 2015-01-15 16:13:20 UTC
After reading your post Tora, it seems that you are playing Devil's advocate unnecessarily - both you and Jayne share the goal of encouraging players out of NPC corps and into player created ones.

Considering you both come from such vastly different backgrounds within the game (low sec fleet/capital pvp as opposed to high sec camping) it seems strange that you would look for an adversary in Jayne, rather than someone you can communicate ideas with.

Your combined perspectives would likely only lead to positive outcomes - no one person can have all the answers on any issue, which is exactly why the CSM needs diversity.

If I was being a cynic, I would say that your concerns seem based around the idea that the player groups Jayne proposes could be used as a way to dodge the current war dec mechanics, in which you obviously have a vested interest.

So, my question to Jayne is thus
How would you ensure that the player groups you propose would be subject to the harsh realities of EVE, and not make gentleman like Tora's position on the Jita undock obsolete.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#66 - 2015-01-16 08:16:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
ashurman wrote:
Tora your aware bringing more new guys in and creating content for them to be excited about actualy gives you more people to pad your kb with right?
I agree more players sounds like a good thing, but not while you are killing Eve. It's like saying : If cars would just drive half their speed we would have less accidents. This is true, but you also just ****** up the entire fun of driving one. This is what a lot of CSM do not see yet. They want to nerf Eve to death and make this some flower exchange program. Happy thoughts \o/. BORING !

What I also do not like about people, is when they say two things at the same time. That makes you untrustworthy. I rather have a CSM who says A, because he believes in A. Even if I hate A, I at least know where I stand. People like Jayne will say anything to make you happy and do anything they feel like.

Koz Katral wrote:
After reading your post Tora, it seems that you are playing Devil's advocate unnecessarily - both you and Jayne share the goal of encouraging players out of NPC corps and into player created ones.
True, but the way I want it, will cause less damage to the roots of Eve.

Jayne Fillon
#67 - 2015-01-16 08:22:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Tora Bushido wrote:
People like Jayne will say anything to make you happy and do anything they feel like.
And yet you being unhappy with my opinion flies in direct opposition to what you just said. I'm not going to sugar coat my opinions, and never have. I'm going to do whatever I feel is right regardless of whether or not it makes you happy - especially you.

To the others who asked me questions, I haven't ignored you, I'm just waiting until I have the time to properly respond.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#68 - 2015-01-16 08:30:22 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
And yet you being unhappy with my opinion flies in direct opposition to what you just said.
No, it doesn't. You just don't like to get caught with your pants down Blink My advice, have an opinion, tell the community and stick with it.

Jayne Fillon
#69 - 2015-01-16 08:43:22 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
And yet you being unhappy with my opinion flies in direct opposition to what you just said.
No, it doesn't. You just don't like to get caught with your pants down Blink My advice, have an opinion, tell the community and stick with it.
Honestly, I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. What?What?Question

Anyway... if you don't have another question for me, then I'm going to ask you to stick to your own thread.

You don't like me, fine. You're not going to vote for me, that's cool too. Good luck on your campaign.

Jayne Fillon
#70 - 2015-01-16 13:53:55 UTC
ashurman wrote:
what would be the FIRST thing you try and push forward to ccp and why?
That's a tough one to answer, because I won't know what the CSM and CCP are currently working on until I am elected. It's not my place to demand specific changes that aren't in CCP's roadmap, but to advise on whatever they are trying to design or iterate. However, the one thing I'd want to push first and foremost is a "little things" update to channels and mailing lists.

Quote:
What is your main reason for wanting to be on the CSM.
Simple. To make sure the NPSI communities actually have a voice on the CSM that represents them. Mangala did a great job, but he's not running for re-election and these is still work to be done. Lots more work to be done.

Quote:
Which ship type OR Module requires the most urgent overhaul in your mind and why?
CCP is going a great job with the module tiericide so far, and I'd be in favour of them simply carrying on with the direction they are currently travelling. Specifically, I'd like to see the redundant or simply useless modules removed, while the meta levels of modules standardized. No more M4 > T2 nonsense.

Quote:
Which player made EvE Video in your mind shows off the game best.
I have a lot of favorite videos, and I actually compiled my list into a video showcase a while ago. It can be found here.

Jayne Fillon
#71 - 2015-01-16 14:30:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Koz Katral wrote:
How would you ensure that the player groups you propose would be subject to the harsh realities of EVE, and not make gentleman like Tora's position on the Jita undock obsolete.
There are quite a few ways that this could be done, but the way I envision it is rather simple: These "social groups" or "societies" shouldn't be able own anything as a collective. No POCOs, no POSs, no Offices, no Taxes, etc etc. The activities to be encouraged should be purely event and social based, and have nothing to do with building an empire, or competing with other established "real" corporations.

Garbage Man Forever
Doomheim
#72 - 2015-01-16 15:37:07 UTC
Would you ever support an idea for an npsi community to take sov if it was only possible in specific systems designated by ccp? I ask because I remember bombers bar jokingly (or maybe not) trying to take sov in hed-gp. Perhaps spectre did this as well... Not trying to leave them out.
Jayne Fillon
#73 - 2015-01-16 15:46:07 UTC
Garbage Man Forever wrote:
Would you ever support an idea for an npsi community to take sov if it was only possible in specific systems designated by ccp? I ask because I remember bombers bar jokingly (or maybe not) trying to take sov in hed-gp. Perhaps spectre did this as well... Not trying to leave them out.
We have tried to take sov before as an NPSI group, once seriously, and since then only in playful wargames. I was involved (the instigator, actually) of the HED-GP attempt back in my Bombers Bar days, as well as the more recent wargames against Providence with Spectre Fleet.

In both cases we had zero plan with what we'd do with the system other than freeport it if we actually succeeded.

If this were ever to be the case, it would have to involve an Alliance holding sov in Proxy for an NPSI community... I just don't think there is any place in the mechanics for sov to be blended with non-corporate entities. That's not to say I wouldn't love to see an NPSI-esque freeport regions such as The Big Blue or Phoebe Freeport Republic's more recent efforts, but I wouldn't support the ability for NPSI groups to take sov, no.

That's not to say those communities wouldn't be in favour of helping groups that desire to freeport sov nullsec, as that has already happened and is something that the community is almost universally in support of. Which is great, but nothing more official than that is needed imho. Some people (usually those on the receiving end of these fleets) have decried the ability for NPSI groups to form a full 250 man fleet as being "overpowered," and in a sense, they're correct. If you want to build an empire, join a corp. Ugh

Citricioni
#74 - 2015-01-17 18:14:08 UTC
Awesome guy, awesome NPSI presentation and +1 because NPSI represents a large scale of the EVE Community.
ashurman
Doomheim
#75 - 2015-01-18 23:53:46 UTC
One last question for you.

How will you respond to the reports of open rebellion in your own channel " spectre fleet " requiring you to reset all those who had operator rights and to essentialy control the channel with a iron fist?
Gorski Car
#76 - 2015-01-19 11:06:13 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Lex Arson wrote:
are you going to betray all of us like you did to Doom?
Assuming that was a serious question, no. In game politics and personas have no place on CSM - a la Gorski Car acting like an idiot or Mynnna acting only in the interest of the CFC, instead of serving the playerbase as a whole..

That's some pretty big callouts there bruh.

Collect this post

Jayne Fillon
#77 - 2015-01-19 12:31:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Gorski Car wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Lex Arson wrote:
Assuming that was a serious question, no. In game politics and personas have no place on CSM - a la Gorski Car acting like an idiot or Mynnna acting only in the interest of the CFC, instead of serving the playerbase as a whole..

Believe it or not, that was a compliment. P

Just using your reddit profile as a crude example: You seem to switch between shitposting wildly and dropping wisdom bombs. One of these doesn't belongs on the CSM or in any official interaction with CCP.

Just sayin'

Gorski Car
#78 - 2015-01-19 13:23:16 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Lex Arson wrote:

Just using your reddit profile as a crude example: You seem to switch between shitposting wildly and dropping wisdom bombs. One of these doesn't belongs on the CSM or in any official interaction with CCP.

Just sayin'

I dont see how my Reddit posts are official interactions with CCP. The **** I post on Reddit I mostly post to amuse myself and others for upvotes. It's not how I speak on the CSM in any official channel.

Collect this post

Jayne Fillon
#79 - 2015-01-19 13:30:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Gorski Car wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Lex Arson wrote:

Just sayin'

I dont see how my Reddit posts are official interactions with CCP. The **** I post on Reddit I mostly post to amuse myself and others for upvotes. It's not how I speak on the CSM in any official channel.
That was exactly was the point I was trying to make originally, but you took the initial quote out of context. Essentially, even tho you act that way on reddit - a persona, if you will - doesn't mean that you're going to act that way on the CSM or when talking to CCP about important matters. You know what you're talking about, and you know when you need to be serious.

This is essentially what I was being accused of: being unable to separate my in game persona and conduct myself professionally if I were to be elected to the CSM.

It wasn't even remotely intended as a slight against you. The mynnna analogy was meant in the same way - just because he's a part of the CFC doesn't mean that he's unable to speak for players outside of his own coalition, or that he'll use his position on the CSM to forward his coalition's goals in game and nothing more. They're two completely different things, full stop.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2015-01-20 01:05:31 UTC
I want to see a fleet mechanic that allows fleet operators to make it public what your intentions are. Example: a NPSI fleet decides to broadcast open hostility publicly, so that nobody is butthurt when they get shot by a blue cause they can see that the blue is in a NPSI fleet.

Thoughts?

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."