These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Jumping out of POD

First post
Author
Ratchet Conway
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-01-06 15:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ratchet Conway
afkalt wrote:

Whilst the idea started bad, doesnt mean the thread has to be worthless.

Reduced cooldown for same station "jumping" would result in my attending more fights. More content is GOOD. I absolutely guarantee every single one of us have heard on comms "No way, not in this clone, sorry dude" or words to that effect.

Yes, instant, free swaps are dumb - but a middle ground to allow better content participation which cannot be abused for travel? I'm all for it.

Hell, we could fatigue it to control it if we REALLY wanted to prevent abuse.

Was thinking of this as an additional sink since we don't have Clones to sink anymore-- maybe make jumping exponentially more expensive for consecutive jumps within 19 hours (first one free, time adjusted by skills, price by distance). Dual Specing in WOW wasn't always free, and in-fact Triple/Quadruple Specing still isn't., arguably neither is teleportation.

-----This could allow for more participation (if not priced too strictly for 1 or 2 extra jumps) while also not allowing it to be exploited for travel without significant investment.

I guess the "loss of skillpoints" is less when you jump back, but I can't believe some are even arguing that point. This is a quality of life suggestion. --so far I've read no meaningful counterpoints other than how upsetting it would be that the game would suck less.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#22 - 2015-01-06 19:17:33 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and the one quoting it.

The Rules:
27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-01-06 20:33:39 UTC
I'm a bit confused by the posts so far, but if the proposal is:

1. Have multiple clones per station

2. Switch freely between them (no cooldown), as long as they're in the same station

3. Maintain cooldown for clone jumping between different stations

...then it's a +1 for me.

I envision players buying more implants, using more implants and also, inevitabily, losing more implants. Sounds good to me.

Also, didn't CCP say they'd expand clone/pod gameplay Soon (TM), following the removal of med clone costs/upgrades? Something like this is probably going to happen whatever we babble about on F&I. Blink

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Lockdown86
Night line Logistics
#24 - 2015-01-07 15:16:45 UTC
anything is better than 24 hours mate :)
Helios Panala
#25 - 2015-01-07 16:12:43 UTC
Jump clone cooldown based on distance in LY works for me, every extra light year away adds an hour.

Minimum of 2hr cooldown, because why not.

Upper limit of 24hr, lowered by 1hr for every level of Infomorph Synchronizing.

Jump clones as actual items that can be moved, contracted, and dumped in POS hangars (jumping into WH POS clone not possible from K-space, fancy sisters station tech needed for that.)
Lockdown86
Night line Logistics
#26 - 2015-01-07 17:02:20 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
I'm a bit confused by the posts so far, but if the proposal is:

1. Have multiple clones per station

2. Switch freely between them (no cooldown), as long as they're in the same station

3. Maintain cooldown for clone jumping between different stations

...then it's a +1 for me.

I envision players buying more implants, using more implants and also, inevitabily, losing more implants. Sounds good to me.

Also, didn't CCP say they'd expand clone/pod gameplay Soon (TM), following the removal of med clone costs/upgrades? Something like this is probably going to happen whatever we babble about on F&I. Blink

if only i had the skills to simplify my words, you sir will get two eggs when i get a chicken! thats exactly what i mean, implants prices will change, wouldnt it be awesome if implants drop if you pick up the corpse?

Corps Salvaging level 1 2 3 4 and 5 :)

ISD talking about removing stuff, im not a forum guy i have no idea to post, just move it if it annoys you that much
Previous page12