These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War on Gankers

First post
Author
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#161 - 2015-01-02 04:51:42 UTC
isk value of ship(s) used vs isk value of target killed is a bad metric.
On a number of occasions our crew has downed ships that had values of 50 to 130 times that of the ship that killed them. No magic, just know how and a fool who assumes that dropping multiple plex on a ship is an "I Win!" button.
In some cases these ships were actually PVP fit and the only thing that kept them from winning was that the pilot in question was bad.
In nearly all cases these ships were fully capable of fighting back. (with guns!)
In all of these cases the pilot in question had access to resources that would have tipped the scales in their favor, but did not utilize them.
Gankers have to face the loss of their ships every time they pull off a hit, and then deal with the GCC timer. I think they have it hard enough to be honest.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#162 - 2015-01-02 04:58:12 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
isk value of ship(s) used vs isk value of target killed is a bad metric.
On a number of occasions our crew has downed ships that had values of 50 to 130 times that of the ship that killed them. No magic, just know how and a fool who assumes that dropping multiple plex on a ship is an "I Win!" button.
In some cases these ships were actually PVP fit and the only thing that kept them from winning was that the pilot in question was bad.
In nearly all cases these ships were fully capable of fighting back. (with guns!)
In all of these cases the pilot in question had access to resources that would have tipped the scales in their favor, but did not utilize them.
Gankers have to face the loss of their ships every time they pull off a hit, and then deal with the GCC timer. I think they have it hard enough to be honest.

The only metric I use is fun had + beers consumed. It usually is positive.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#163 - 2015-01-02 05:22:06 UTC
Now that is a valid metric :)

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#164 - 2015-01-02 05:28:35 UTC
Concord Guy's Cousin wrote:
The best way to curtail the activities of gankers is to teach their lazy and entitled prey that they need to

• Be at the keyboard
  • Tank their ships
  • Not go afk in space unless cloaked (grr afk cloaking Twisted)
  • Not to act like small children who rage incoherently and inappropriately when their toys are taken away explosively
  • Realise that highsec is not safe, it is merely safer than some other parts of the game
  • Know that Concord are reactive not proactive
  • Acknowledge that they, and they alone, are responsible for their own safety
  • Accept that the people who prey on them are playing the game in a way that doesn't violate the rules as they currently stand
  • Use Dscan and the rest of the tools that are available to everybody to protect themselves from those that would like to see them explode

This, this, so many times this.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#165 - 2015-01-02 07:02:04 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Now that is a valid metric :)

I will say that I win more often than not!

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#166 - 2015-01-02 10:39:01 UTC
CODE Agent AC wrote:
The only metric I use is fun had + beers consumed. It usually is positive.

What heresy is this? Fun is had by comparing perfectly acceptable actions in a video game with a string of RL crimes and the perps to RL villains of the worst kind. This is srsbsns.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#167 - 2015-01-02 12:50:57 UTC
So I see Veers is displaying his usual knowledge of game mechanics then.

On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing. Whether you agree with their ideas or not at least CODE is out there creating content for its members and an entertaining read for those who frequent its website, which is more than I can say for any AGer that's popped up so far.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#168 - 2015-01-02 15:30:37 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing.

The capacity for action. That's exactly a prime differentiator. AFK'ers and autopiloters don't have it (it requires being at the keyboard and playing). That's why any AG "war on gankers" is fail before it even starts. Most of their pool of potential "soldiers" in-game are doing laundry or watching Netflix.

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#169 - 2015-01-02 16:28:30 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing.

The capacity for action. That's exactly a prime differentiator. AFK'ers and autopiloters don't have it (it requires being at the keyboard and playing). That's why any AG "war on gankers" is fail before it even starts. Most of their pool of potential "soldiers" in-game are doing laundry or watching Netflix.

Or, if they are ATK ... espousing the ideals that "someone else" will take care of the "problem" for them.

And calling me a CODE. alt Sad

I'm not saying I don't have an alt in CODE ... but I'm my main .. so ...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#170 - 2015-01-02 17:13:05 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

Hey Revis thanks for putting your permit holders in your bio, its alot easier finding targets that way.
Can you imagine if a fellow had to fly all over hi-sec looking for those few pilots that bought permits?

Unfortunately you seem to be lacking in your convictions or perhaps you're just lazy.
Almost half of those you have linked dont even show a pedge of support in their bio and a few of those that do after a thorough scanning show the same ole yield fit anti-tanked mining barges that you claim to be against. A few of those were actually mining happily away afk for hours!!

There is a silver lining to this dark cloud of code agent ineptitude though.
If you had not linked all these poor excuses of code compliance in your bio the chances I would have stumbled upon one of those fellows in the huge vastness of space are slim, and I would have been denied my first permit holding mack kill.
That fellow's support of the code only cost him upwards of 300 mil that day. Small change compared to your guys trillion isk month I know.

Perhaps before you start commenting on others "capacity for action" you should get things cleaned up in your house.
Just a thought.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#171 - 2015-01-02 18:39:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
ForTheEmpire2014 wrote:
Don't even bother. It's not worth it. Go make your own content, instead of being loyalanon's punching bag.

If CODE. wants to be treated with anything other than hostility, then ditch your ceo. You are all tainted by it (Kaarous logic is correct). You have lost your way ppl.

Tora is 100% on the mark.

Why would they not want hostility? They literally beg for people to fight them, it's fun.

Nevermind that, if you judge people by their enemies, then CODE is definitely doing something right. If carebears hate you, then you're probably on the right track.

They beg for people to fight them? Are they too scared of lowsec and null to have to beg for fights in highsec

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#172 - 2015-01-02 19:00:47 UTC
Tyyler DURden wrote:

Hey Revis thanks for putting your permit holders in your bio, its alot easier finding targets that way. . .

If you can gank them, they're not Code compliant. Be my guest. You'll be doing good work.
They purchased a permit, not babysitting.

Dry your tears and get back on topic.

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#173 - 2015-01-02 20:26:57 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Are they too scared of lowsec and null to have to beg for fights in highsec

The New Order takes the view that highsec is the BEST place to seek elite PvP. Highsec is worth fighting for!

That, and James 315 owns highsec. Doesn't make sense for us to be anywhere else. Any "war on gankers" in highsec is misnamed. It's treason and rebellion, not war, and we promptly quash such things every day.

Dar'Nalaa
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#174 - 2015-01-02 22:26:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Dar'Nalaa
Just an update to MY post. Thx for all the great information been busy working though it all. Also we helped on 2 or 3 code kills with concords backup, you know how they like to help.

Also been hard at work helping 2 Corp with wars and understanding CODE ganking tactics, so 2 1/2 minutes later they seem to be a lot happier.

Please do not reply any members from the abovementioned Corps.
Now it's time to get my 8 hours sleep, don't want to fall asleep mining tomorrow as us carebears are known to do

Dar'Nalaa

Message time............

Page 4...... 4, 8, 79, 33,12,64

Once ready mail me in game
Ryuu Towryk
Perkone
Caldari State
#175 - 2015-01-02 22:39:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ryuu Towryk
Revis Owen wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

The New Order takes the view that highsec is the BEST place to seek elite PvP. Highsec is worth fighting for!

That, and James 315 owns highsec. Doesn't make sense for us to be anywhere else. Any "war on gankers" in highsec is misnamed. It's treason and rebellion, not war, and we promptly quash such things every day.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

No wonder CODE ran from the tournament.
Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#176 - 2015-01-03 00:38:25 UTC
Ryuu Towryk wrote:
Revis Owen wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

No wonder CODE won the tournament.

Fixd?

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#177 - 2015-01-03 08:07:58 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:

On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing. Whether you agree with their ideas or not at least CODE is out there creating content for its members and an entertaining read for those who frequent its website, which is more than I can say for any AGer that's popped up so far.

There actually have been a couple of anti-gankers that are proactive. Many of them change sides.

A lot of that is due to just how toxic a sizeable part of the anti-ganking community are.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#178 - 2015-01-03 08:33:49 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

You code roleplayers make me laugh lol

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#179 - 2015-01-03 14:01:10 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:

Yup. Totally scared. Confirming that none of us have ever been in lowsec or nullsec corps and none of us have any kills in those areas. Don't even mention wormholes or I might make a mess.

Also, what part of the name "New Order of High Sec" do you not understand?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#180 - 2015-01-03 14:12:36 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

There actually have been a couple of anti-gankers that are proactive. Many of them change sides.

A lot of that is due to just how toxic a sizeable part of the anti-ganking community are.

I've only ever seen that side of the AG community in the channel extracts posted on minerbumping so I cant really speak from experience there. Out of curiosity just how bad is it? Is it just a few individuals spoiling the pot or more of a general channel culture?

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome