These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War on Gankers

First post
Author
Super Perforator
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#221 - 2015-01-05 18:49:49 UTC
Gorila Vengaza wrote:
I just want to Salute James 315 for sending in VEERS...

Once they get a good dose of Veers this new rebel leader will be come running to code just as I did.

Now who wants to help me catch Veers and put him back in the barn?

If, as you say, Veers was sent in as part of our (yours and mine) Saviour's master plan, why would you want to go out und put him back in the barn?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5610165#post5610165

Praise James!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#222 - 2015-01-05 19:12:01 UTC
412nv Yaken wrote:
You aren't in this category friend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. and if we do want to, we will go after incrusion runners, however as mentioned above, they are following the code by not being afk and excessively mining etc.
Just FYI, people aren't "following the code" just because they happen to do something the CODE agrees with, just like not eating pork doesn't mean you are following Judaism. Incursion runners simply want to make more isk.

By the way, you realise that CODE indirectly supports botters, right?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#223 - 2015-01-05 19:41:30 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

In what bizarre world does "botting is a violation of the Code" in any way translate to "we indirectly support botting"? Aside from our ideological opposition to it, it violates the EULA and the New Order is pro-EULA.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Gorila Vengaza
Ol-Silly Basterds
#224 - 2015-01-05 20:29:00 UTC
Super Perforator wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:

Once they get a good dose of Veers this new rebel leader will be come running to code just as I did.

If, as you say, Veers was sent in as part of our (yours and mine) Saviour's master plan, why would you want to go out und put him back in the barn?

Um..cause when we let him run loose he loudly brays at EVERYONE???

i have Video proof

Veers posting the Forums
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#225 - 2015-01-05 20:38:48 UTC
Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Super Perforator wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:

i have Video proof

Veers posting the Forums

Grow up. What's funny is how you want to stifle any voices opposed to yours on the forums and create a pvp free zone while in game you ram pvp down the throats of miners and haulers.

But then, no one ever did accuse code of lacking in hypocrisy.
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#226 - 2015-01-05 22:31:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Concord Guy's Cousin
Veers Belvar wrote:
Grow up. What's funny is how you want to stifle any voices opposed to yours on the forums and create a pvp free zone while in game you ram pvp down the throats of miners and haulers.

You simply don't get it do you?

By design there is no PvP free zone in Eve, as such nobody is forcing PvP on anybody.

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#227 - 2015-01-06 00:08:47 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Just FYI, people aren't "following the code" just because they happen to do something the CODE agrees with, just like not eating pork doesn't mean you are following Judaism. Incursion runners simply want to make more isk.

This poster is a certified dumb.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#228 - 2015-01-06 01:36:20 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Super Perforator wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:

i have Video proof

Veers posting the Forums

Veers, can I ask, why is it wrong to shove PVP down the throats of miners and haulers?
CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#229 - 2015-01-06 02:57:54 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Heeeeeeeeee Haaaaww

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Gorila Vengaza
Ol-Silly Basterds
#230 - 2015-01-06 11:07:38 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Super Perforator wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:

i have Video proof

Veers posting the Forums

I know this is a waste of time…but um Veers.. Im not the one posting. “everything I say is correct” and refusing to listen to anyone else. So who’s the hypocrite? YOU ARE …

I’m not trying to stifle anyone, you just stupidly refuse to listen to any points but your own. I have no doubt you'll prove my point with your next post.

*Throws hay into the barn so Veers doesn't starve
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#231 - 2015-01-06 11:19:19 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
In what bizarre world does "botting is a violation of the Code" in any way translate to "we indirectly support botting"? Aside from our ideological opposition to it, it violates the EULA and the New Order is pro-EULA.
While yes, your statements claim to be against botters, your actions are beneficial to them. You gank soft targets, and primarily aim for tears to put on the blog. Botters will not be those targets. Bots don't cry and bots are generally not soft targets. If a player starts whining in local about you attempting to gank them, that only makes you want to gank them more, again specifically targetting non-botters. By primarily attacking non-botters you are increasing the market share botters supply and in turn their income.

I make no judgement as to whether your failure to achieve the stated target of the code is by design or through incompetence, since retards like Nariz above start shrieking about the tinfoil, but to suggest that what code does is actually damaging to botters is laughable.

Cue angry codies whining about how much they hate bot aspirant behaviour, and how wrong I must be for insulting the precious code.

Super Perforator
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#232 - 2015-01-06 11:48:38 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
You gank soft targets, and primarily aim for tears to put on the blog.

I don't know anyone that is ganking because they hope to get on the blog. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

Lucas Kell wrote:
Botters will not be those targets. Bots don't cry and bots are generally not soft targets.

Botters are generally not soft targets? Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

According to the presentation from CCP at Fanfest 2014 the majority of mining botters that got banned were flying Ventures... softer than that it does not get.

Praise James!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#233 - 2015-01-06 12:08:18 UTC
Super Perforator wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
I don't know anyone that is ganking because they hope to get on the blog. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?
As a group, that's the aim. The blog is designed to be a place to ridicule people that cry. If the goal of code was the removal of bots, then the blog wouldn't exist as bots don't cry.

Super Perforator wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Botters will not be those targets. Bots don't cry and bots are generally not soft targets.

According to the presentation from CCP at Fanfest 2014 the majority of mining botters that got banned were flying Ventures... softer than that it does not get.
And to those stats there was no context. We know that a lot of bots were being banned very early on, so the stats may have been inflated with rookie characters in the 8 days prior to being able to use barges. The bulk of minerals pulled in by bots is from barges when a player get past the entry barrier of getting a bot past initial scrutiny.

Come on, we all know what code is about even if you'll say anything to fight your side. Code wants tears. The fun in ganking comes from trolling the crying carebears, not from watching a bot reship them return to mining without saying a word. The whole "bot aspirant behavior" element of code is just made up to make it sound like you've got some reason to be doing it beyond what is effectively light griefing. If you honestly think you are fighting against bots, you're delusional.

Super Perforator
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#234 - 2015-01-06 15:12:13 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
If you honestly think you are fighting against bots, you're delusional.

No not just bots. Bot aspirants.

If you ever read the Code you will find out it is more about those aspiring to be like bots, than the bots themselves.
A bot, you can only destroy... a bot aspirant you can save.

Praise James!

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#235 - 2015-01-06 15:15:07 UTC
oooooh, the 2 most narcissistic entities in EVE going to have a go at each other on the forums!

CODE. meet: LUCAS KELL.

My money's on Lucas.
:popcorntime:

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#236 - 2015-01-06 15:15:20 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Super Perforator wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
As a group, that's the aim. The blog is designed to be a place to ridicule people that cry. If the goal of code was the removal of bots, then the blog wouldn't exist as bots don't cry.

Super Perforator wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

And to those stats there was no context. We know that a lot of bots were being banned very early on, so the stats may have been inflated with rookie characters in the 8 days prior to being able to use barges. The bulk of minerals pulled in by bots is from barges when a player get past the entry barrier of getting a bot past initial scrutiny.

Come on, we all know what code is about even if you'll say anything to fight your side. Code wants tears. The fun in ganking comes from trolling the crying carebears, not from watching a bot reship them return to mining without saying a word. The whole "bot aspirant behavior" element of code is just made up to make it sound like you've got some reason to be doing it beyond what is effectively light griefing. If you honestly think you are fighting against bots, you're delusional.

You're never going to be as entertaining as dinsdale no matter how much tinfoil you wrap around your head. I suppose this won't stop you so please remember to leave breath holes.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#237 - 2015-01-06 15:26:33 UTC
Danalee wrote:
oooooh, the 2 most narcissistic entities in EVE going to have a go at each other on the forums!

CODE. meet: LUCAS KELL.

My money's on Lucas.
:popcorntime:

D.

Bear

Veers is gonna feel left out here any minute now and join in.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#238 - 2015-01-06 15:27:24 UTC
Super Perforator wrote:
No not just bots. Bot aspirants.

If you ever read the Code you will find out it is more about those aspiring to be like bots, than the bots themselves.
A bot, you can only destroy... a bot aspirant you can save.
Bot aspirants do not exist. Nobody aspires to be a bot. You call people bot aspirant to give yourself an excuse to grief them. Realistically they are just players like anyone else who want to play the game. You need to assert your dominance by blowing them up and you do so.

It's a story, that's all. There's nothing spectacular about ganking noobs even if you make up stories to go along with it.

La Nariz wrote:
You're never going to be as entertaining as dinsdale no matter how much tinfoil you wrap around your head. I suppose this won't stop you so please remember to leave breath holes.
See! I knew you'd be in with the "tinfoil!" again. It's a fact that every non-bot miner you kill is going to have a positive impact on botters. That's just how the economy works. Less miners = more wealth for the remaining miners. So whatever way you look at it, code is beneficial to botters.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#239 - 2015-01-06 15:32:03 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
You call people bot aspirant to give yourself an excuse to grief them.

Griefing is bad and against the EULA. Stop making baseless accusations - if you actually see griefing file a support ticket.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#240 - 2015-01-06 15:36:49 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
You call people bot aspirant to give yourself an excuse to grief them.
Griefing is bad and against the EULA. Stop making baseless accusations - if you actually see griefing file a support ticket.
Griefing comes in many forms. If you intend to cause someone grief, it's griefing. Just because CCP allow certain activities which are clearly designed to upset other players doesn't mean it's not griefing.