These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War on Gankers

First post
Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#181 - 2015-01-03 14:43:27 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
So I see Veers is displaying his usual knowledge of game mechanics then.

On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing. Whether you agree with their ideas or not at least CODE is out there creating content for its members and an entertaining read for those who frequent its website, which is more than I can say for any AGer that's popped up so far.

There actually have been a couple of anti-gankers that are proactive. Many of them change sides.

A lot of that is due to just how toxic a sizeable part of the anti-ganking community are.

I've only ever seen that side of the AG community in the channel extracts posted on minerbumping so I cant really speak from experience there. Out of curiosity just how bad is it? Is it just a few individuals spoiling the pot or more of a general channel culture?

My spies left in disgust.

It's not that every individual is foul, it's that there is a culture of tolerating foul individuals, people that post serious RL ill-wishes upon gankers and worse (e.g. 'XXX is ganking in Hek, hope that **** gets cancer and dies IRL'). There's also the continual 'advice' to newbies saying they should petition ganks as harassment, and anyone that informs them that ganking isn't harassment according to CCP will get kicked from channel.

I'm not sure if it is still that bad, I don't have any spies in there now. I'd put one back in if I considered the people in there competent enough to warrant it.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#182 - 2015-01-03 14:44:13 UTC
As this is not only EVE, but also C&P, all I can suggest is that you listen in for yourself for a while and make a decision based off of your own observations. Anyone who speaks up here will have a bias. Even me. Most especially you should not trust me.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#183 - 2015-01-03 16:06:31 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
So I see Veers is displaying his usual knowledge of game mechanics then.

On a more on topic note I've had a realisation recently about why I like CODE., it's because they actually go out and do stuff. Most Agers I see out there seem to have big ideas and big talk but no concept of how to put it into action, hence they end up doing nothing and achieving nothing. Whether you agree with their ideas or not at least CODE is out there creating content for its members and an entertaining read for those who frequent its website, which is more than I can say for any AGer that's popped up so far.

There actually have been a couple of anti-gankers that are proactive. Many of them change sides.

A lot of that is due to just how toxic a sizeable part of the anti-ganking community are.

I've only ever seen that side of the AG community in the channel extracts posted on minerbumping so I cant really speak from experience there. Out of curiosity just how bad is it? Is it just a few individuals spoiling the pot or more of a general channel culture?

My spies left in disgust.

It's not that every individual is foul, it's that there is a culture of tolerating foul individuals, people that post serious RL ill-wishes upon gankers and worse (e.g. 'XXX is ganking in Hek, hope that **** gets cancer and dies IRL'). There's also the continual 'advice' to newbies saying they should petition ganks as harassment, and anyone that informs them that ganking isn't harassment according to CCP will get kicked from channel.

I'm not sure if it is still that bad, I don't have any spies in there now. I'd put one back in if I considered the people in there competent enough to warrant it.

How......lovely (my life for a sarcasm font). Suppose I'll have to hold my nose and check it out myself.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#184 - 2015-01-03 16:41:20 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Tyyler DURden wrote:

Hey Revis thanks for putting your permit holders in your bio, its alot easier finding targets that way. . .

If you can gank them, they're not Code compliant. Be my guest. You'll be doing good work.
They purchased a permit, not babysitting.

Dry your tears and get back on topic.

So, you're incapable of enforcing your own code. Good to know.
I belive the topic at hand was a war on gankers but looks like that will be unnecessary with quality agents like yourself roaming the belts.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#185 - 2015-01-03 17:01:49 UTC
Tyyler DURden wrote:
I belive the topic at hand was a war on gankers but looks like that will be unnecessary . . .

Looking at CODE. killboard, your beliefs are wrong. You should stop crying because it made your keyboard slippery and you missed an "e" in "belive".

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#186 - 2015-01-03 21:08:35 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Tyyler DURden wrote:
I belive the topic at hand was a war on gankers but looks like that will be unnecessary . . .

Looking at CODE. killboard, your beliefs are wrong. You should stop crying because it made your keyboard slippery and you missed an "e" in "belive".

You should stop posting if your only response about your ineffectiveness as an agent is "tears" and "crying".
Meanwhile all those pilots linked in your bio mining away happily afk.
Keep on trucking brother and thanks for the spelling tip.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Velicitia
XS Tech
#187 - 2015-01-03 23:12:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Confirming what Sabriz said at the top of this page ... phone is being pissy with quote blocks though.

Start posting a somewhat "exclusive" and/or "involves effort" idea, and the powers that be in the channel start a commotion that you're telling them how to play, or a CODE/ganker alt, or that you should do it instead, or that you're a nobody to AG (i.e. you're not whoring on CONCORD KMs) so why should they even let you finish voicing the idea (much less listen to it)

Protip to them ... the newbro in channel without any "community props" can have a good idea that you echo chamber / circlejerk may not have considered ... and they need your support/contacts/etc to make the thing viable.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#188 - 2015-01-03 23:42:28 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:

How......lovely (my life for a sarcasm font). Suppose I'll have to hold my nose and check it out myself.

Try it out. Like I said, even though I supported CODE at the time, I thought what we said about AG was pure propaganda until I went in there.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#189 - 2015-01-04 00:01:00 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
ForTheEmpire2014 wrote:
Don't even bother. It's not worth it. Go make your own content, instead of being loyalanon's punching bag.

If CODE. wants to be treated with anything other than hostility, then ditch your ceo. You are all tainted by it (Kaarous logic is correct). You have lost your way ppl.

Tora is 100% on the mark.

Why would they not want hostility? They literally beg for people to fight them, it's fun.

Nevermind that, if you judge people by their enemies, then CODE is definitely doing something right. If carebears hate you, then you're probably on the right track.

They beg for people to fight them? Are they too scared of lowsec and null to have to beg for fights in highsec

The idea that you should go to null or low sec if you want to fight other players is why the New Order was created.

We want to change that. To show that PvP can happen anywhere and no region of Eve is completely safe.
Paranoid Loyd
#190 - 2015-01-04 00:02:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

Try it out. Like I said, even though I supported CODE at the time, I thought what we said about AG was pure propaganda until I went in there.

Yeah I dropped in there once, it was funny for about 10 minutes then you realize the people are 100% serious with their vitrol spew and you leave in disgust.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#191 - 2015-01-04 00:46:22 UTC
People are unhappy in AG because they are trying to play a collaborative and friendly game in lawful fashion in highsec, when people come in and blow them up for tears and amusement. It's kind of rich to complain that people are "toxic" after you blow up their ships with the specific intention of causing rage and tears. If you don't want people to get angry at you, stop intentionally acting in such a manner as to induce that anger.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#192 - 2015-01-04 01:00:09 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
People are unhappy in AG because they are trying to play a collaborative and friendly game in lawful fashion in highsec, when people come in and blow them up for tears and amusement. It's kind of rich to complain that people are "toxic" after you blow up their ships with the specific intention of causing rage and tears. If you don't want people to get angry at you, stop intentionally acting in such a manner as to induce that anger.

Stop trolling. EVE is intended to be full of conflict and you know this.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#193 - 2015-01-04 01:04:34 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
If you don't want people to get angry at you, stop intentionally acting in such a manner as to induce that anger.
By your own metric, you should stop posting on the forums Twisted

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#194 - 2015-01-04 01:06:00 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Completely false. How much conflict do highsec miners face? Eve is intended to be played in any way you wish. Some seek conflict, others seek peaceful endeavors.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#195 - 2015-01-04 01:09:04 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
...in lawful fashion...

NBSI shall be the whole of the law.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#196 - 2015-01-04 01:14:34 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Completely false. How much conflict do highsec miners face? Eve is intended to be played in any way you wish. Some seek conflict, others seek peaceful endeavors.

I'm going to log on in a few hours and seek conflict with someone who wants to avoid it. By your definition, I'm allowed to do that.

Stop trolling.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#197 - 2015-01-04 01:15:18 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

Highsec miners face conflict in many ways, here's a non exhaustive list for your viewing pleasure.

• Gankers kill them
  • Market competition
  • Locust fleets nomming their way through Ice Anoms, depriving other players of said ice
  • Locust fleets nomming their way through asteroid belts, leaving little if anything for anybody else
  • Other miners nomming on the same rocks as them and wasting their cycles (I especially like doing this in my Procurer, I can out mine the average Retriever pilot even taking into account the downtime spent warping backwards and forwards to station)
  • People like me providing warpins for gankers, all the while nomming on rocks or ice.

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

Velicitia
XS Tech
#198 - 2015-01-04 01:22:48 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
peaceful endeavors.

Didn't some famous guy once say something like "he who wants peace should prepare for war" ?

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#199 - 2015-01-04 01:26:11 UTC
Concord Guy's Cousin wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

Highsec miners face conflict in many ways, here's a non exhaustive list for your viewing pleasure.

• Gankers kill them
  • Market competition
  • Locust fleets nomming their way through Ice Anoms, depriving other players of said ice
  • Locust fleets nomming their way through asteroid belts, leaving little if anything for anybody else
  • Other miners nomming on the same rocks as them and wasting their cycles (I especially like doing this in my Procurer, I can out mine the average Retriever pilot even taking into account the downtime spent warping backwards and forwards to station)
  • People like me providing warpins for gankers, all the while nomming on rocks or ice.

This is still a minimal level of conflict. The chances of a highsec miner being prevented from mining on any given day are a fraction of a percent. I call tell you that in months of mission running completing hundreds, perhaps thousands, of missions, I faced a grand total of 2 PvP interactions from mission griefers, both of whom waited for me to shoot at them, got bored, and left.

Does that seem like much conflict to you?
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#200 - 2015-01-04 01:26:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Concord Guy's Cousin
Velicitia wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
peaceful endeavors.

Didn't some famous guy once say something like "he who wants peace should prepare for war" ?
Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus wrote:
Si vis pacem, para bellum