These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Announcement From Gorila

First post First post
Author
Black Pedro
Mine.
#181 - 2014-12-28 08:30:57 UTC
Phaedron wrote:
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Steppa Musana wrote:
On the topic of these RL comparisons, if you think actions are a bigger deal than words you are living in the past. Do you think most kids who commit suicide do so because the bully punched them? No they commit suicide because they are made fun of and berated by their peers.
"Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never harm me" - People ignorant of human psychology.


No...those who do commit suicide have deeper issues than name calling. You can only be hurt by words and taunting if YOU allow it. There are deeper psychological issues at play there. Parents play a large part in it too. There has ALWAYS been teasing and bullying in many of the forums of our lives...how you decide to deal with it is a personal CHOICE. You assume I am ignorant of psychology..but it was one of my majors back in college. The problem is society and the way things have become with all of the pc bs has made people weak and timid. If you are hurt by words..there are underlying issues within you (not you personally...you know what I mean). You can only be hurt by what you allow to hurt you.


+100% this.

however when the shoe is on the other foot, you cannot expect nothing less from those taunted to go this far to not go even further. that is the problem that everyone ignores in favor of their viewpoint in order to justify their activities and negate responsibility for their actions. if you harass someone don't you expect something in return, or do you honestly think words [or actions] are meaningless?

if you think words are meaningless watch the doco "the secret" they do an experiment, three pitchers of water, one labeled love, one hate, one ignore. the result showed that if you ignore something you do more damage to your cells [as part of the experiment with water crystals and word association] than hate does, and with love impure water becomes pure.

words sure have meaning and more than most seem to understand.


I expect the ganked miner to reply to my "Buy a permit and follow the Code" Evemail with "Go stuff yourself pirate! I am not giving in to your extortion or following your stupid Code". I do not expect them to say "You are dead [expletive], I hope you get cancer and your children are raped" peppered with homophobic slurs.

My actions (and words) are of me playing a criminal in an Internet spaceship game. There is no excuse to "go even further" into the realm of personal insults and threats directed at me the player - in fact this is specifically against the EULA as well as general human decency. It is not acceptable - full stop - regardless of what psychology you are invoking to explain this behavior. If you want to discuss why the phenomenon of the "angry miner" exists we can, but in terms of responsibility, there is a clear line between taunting over in-game wins and losses, and personal threats/insults directed at the human player. We as players should have no tolerance for this latter behavior whoever is doing it - ganked miner or anyone else. This is a game we all voluntarily play for entertainment so if someone is unable to separate what happens in-game from real life and is suffering actual serious emotional damage from their in-game losses, they shouldn't be playing.


Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#182 - 2014-12-28 09:41:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
Veers Belvar wrote:
This post, from my favorite CODE agent, merits a response. One of the more absurd and nonsensical claims that appears on this forum revolves around me somehow being an undercover code agent/recruiter/fundraiser. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a resolute opponent of code, of ganking, of griefing, of scamming, of awoxxing, and of all other negative, illegal, and immoral activities in highsec. I've never engaged in such conduct, and have denounced it at every opportunity. I am one of the biggest advocates of a safer and friendlier highsec, where new players can work together to accumulate isk without getting curbstomped by griefers. I refused to purchase a code permit, and even declined one when offered for free.

But Veers, your words - and words are everything you fight us with - have the complete opposite effect of what you write is your intention. You drive people to our side, you make people donate to our cause.

So there are basically two options:

  • You are a brilliant undercover New Order Agent whose intention it is to help form the public opinion by displaying an absourdly ignorant position everyone with some understanding about EVE will reject and opose.
  • You are really the carebear you say you are and your arguments are really that bad and you don't even realize what you are doing.


Well I don't even care which one of this options is a reality, the outcome is obviously the same. So I once again thank you for helping with our cause. Many new gankers get their free Catalysts every day because of you.
Tasspool Harp
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#183 - 2014-12-28 10:06:40 UTC
Kaely wrote:


You either adapt or die.


Nope. As a capsuleer you don't die in any meaningful sense.


Quote:

If you go to a Mexican restaurant but you're in the mood for Italian, you eat somewhere else...not expect them to change their menu to what you want just because you are another "paying customer".


No problems with the restaurant or the food.
Only issue is with the snobs at the table next to ours making loud and snide remarks about the inferior wine we are having with our meal.
It would probably also elevate the dining experience if their spoilt brat kids stopped pelting random diners with nachos.

Quote:

So you say you shouldn't have to play something else? Well, if you're going to play with fire, you will get burned. Eve is the fire...Question is, will you prepare yourself it..or cry when the fire burns you then blame the fire for burning you.. You know the old saying..."if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"? It applies to Eve in so many ways. If you aren't having fun playing Eve the way it is...stop playing it..period.


Kitchen. Fires. Heat.
So very positively Gormenghast.
Kitchen design has moved on in the 21st century and most of us just install a range-hood or aircon.

Quote:

Respect is earned, not given. You will never earn respect with incessant childish whining.
I had to earn my way up.


You had to earn what exactly? Respect?
You are entitled to a basic level of respect coming into the game regardless of who you are.
According to you does progressing in Eve involve some atavistic rite of passage and after we pass the requisite number of trials we earn the respect of the "tribe" and are "allowed" to continue playing ? I guess I better go suicide gank someone quick then so James315 can run around me three times on the back of a goat before he affixes a Barney the Dinosaur sticker to my forehead , the alternative being my character gets biomassed.

Quote:

I am a less than 5% minority in this game and still i adapted and grew. If I had the ******* to step up and learn, what is the problem with others? Sure, the learning curve is steep. Eve is my first MMO..and the only computer game I have ever played. I have always been a gamer...but console gamer. I had to learn and adapt...and so do you and others. No one is going to hold your hand. It irks me to no end to hear so many whiny "men" in one place. It's kind of sad when the one who doesn't even have a "pair" has a bigger "pair" than a huge percentage of people playing the game. Move up...or move on...it's as simple as that.


It irks me coming across attitudes promoting some weird Darwinian approach to regulating who should be allowed to play a computer game.

Now maybe you should have a good, long , hard look at your post and consider whether your referencing of "whiney men" who need a bigger "pair" has strayed below the line of acceptable discourse.


La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#184 - 2014-12-28 10:33:51 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
hellyeaz wrote:
Gorila Vengaza wrote:

Could I interest you in buying a mining permit? they are only 10 mill ISK a year.
Big smile



Feels good to finally say that yea?
Welcome to the light.
may you sacrifice many cats for the CODE.


Yes Gorila, does it feel good to "say" it?

Some "Antichrist" you are...

Youre "hell" is now under the leadership under a new CEO!
Lol
The one who failed so hard in leadership on the AT 2014 so that your funny group got a permaban?
After your brilliant change, are all code lies now true?
Those RL griefing from ppl like e1 get your absolution?

Did your saviour kiss you on your forehead after you kissed his rear end?
Bear

Will you finally close your obsolete gankerbumping blog?
Or will you write under the premise that you "bump" gankers in a certain other way?

Do you mind to explain how it comes, that you get rl-threats from antigankers?
Since you are codie now, of course you will state that you are an innocent lamb, that you did nothing to get such a response.

Indeed code won something.

But the gorila alt lost big time.
And yes, you can get more than a glimpse about the person in front of the monitor by the way he behaves in a game. You can deny as much as you want.

This statement is a statement of moral bankrupcy of the gorila alt. Doesn't matter if you have always been a code-puppet and spai alt, or if that ag stuff was true.

To describe your behavior:
It is OK and reasonable to betray b, c, d and the others when a went out of line and threatens you.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Lady Areola Fappington
#185 - 2014-12-28 11:00:24 UTC
La Rynx wrote:


Yes Gorila, does it feel good to "say" it?

Some "Antichrist" you are...

Youre "hell" is now under the leadership under a new CEO!
Lol
The one who failed so hard in leadership on the AT 2014 so that your funny group got a permaban?
After your brilliant change, are all code lies now true?
Those RL griefing from ppl like e1 get your absolution?

Did your saviour kiss you on your forehead after you kissed his rear end?
Bear

Will you finally close your obsolete gankerbumping blog?
Or will you write under the premise that you "bump" gankers in a certain other way?

Do you mind to explain how it comes, that you get rl-threats from antigankers?
Since you are codie now, of course you will state that you are an innocent lamb, that you did nothing to get such a response.

Indeed code won something.

But the gorila alt lost big time.
And yes, you can get more than a glimpse about the person in front of the monitor by the way he behaves in a game. You can deny as much as you want.

This statement is a statement of moral bankrupcy of the gorila alt. Doesn't matter if you have always been a code-puppet and spai alt, or if that ag stuff was true.

To describe your behavior:
It is OK and reasonable to betray b, c, d and the others when a went out of line and threatens you.



And this, kids, is a prime example of everything we've been discussing in this thread. All this ranting and raving, inability to distinguish a fantasy game from reality. Constant mixing of permaban discussions (an action taken against a person), with in-game activities. Moral bankruptcy and everything!


Broken down, here's what Gorila has said: "Hey guys, Instead of shooting these guys in game, I'm gonna shoot those guys instead." All that ranting and raving for the equivalent of switching teams in a TF2 game. Anger and frustration over someone saying "I'mma use the boot instead of the racecar in this game of Monopoly."

You know, it might just blow some minds, but there are people who regularly fly as gankers on one character, and anti-gankers on another. Happens all the time. Sure, as our in-game personas we grrr and growl at those characters, but out of game, we're pals. The most we ask is "Hey, if yer doing the anti-gank thing, don't park yourself in gank channels for free intel."

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#186 - 2014-12-28 12:10:23 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
And this, kids,...


Sweety chumps, i did ask gorila some stuff, not for random bla bla from his "new" mates.

However, you admit, that the assumption that gorila was always a code puppet is correct.
Interesting.

You mixed up the permaban stuff about the alliance tournament and the permaban of e1.
Yew blew the AT and where unable to get the things straight, instead you came up with the worst set of propaganda lies ever.
Never seen such a massive fail in EvE before. A fine CEO you have.
Yes e1 was a single guy, but is embraced and even named "martyr" by code.
No mix of permaban discussusions.
Bear

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#187 - 2014-12-28 12:26:15 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
You mixed up the permaban stuff about the alliance tournament and the permaban of e1.
Yew blew the AT and where unable to get the things straight, instead you came up with the worst set of propaganda lies ever.

And after all this time you are still butthurt about it and spam your nonsense into every post about us. When will you get over the fact that we truly won that tournament the way stuff is won in EVE and not in an isolated WoW-like arena that has nothing to do with EVE? Isn't it time you move on? I mean such anger because of a video game isn't really healthy me thinks, even if you hide behind a forum alt to avoid the consequences of your words.
Phaedron
Doomheim
#188 - 2014-12-28 13:14:10 UTC
i'd expect a ganked miner/PVE player would be from 0-100 fast around 50 in 3 seconds and cool down in 5-15 minutes afterwards but mildly angry you blew his/her ship up but later realize it is a game. he/she would get upset and blow off some steam either in game mail, local chat, private chat or otherwise. you would be the one they transfer said anger to. Shocked
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
But it's not up to you how someone reply's to your chosen game style that directly affects them. nor is it theirs that tell you how to play the way you want to or not and if it's not their idea of fun your wrong. because no one plays right as everyone is wrong.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

+++yet here we are. people being affected in game and out of game+++ reasons?... "because you can" is the only logical answer you can give you may dislike their response, but i am sure they dislike your game style.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.

would you be mad if you had dirty selfies on a phone and your ex decided to upload that online without permission...i am sure you would be?!?! same logic applies here do they give you permission to share in game material OOG? no....... you'd be PO and likely 0-100 and at 100 in under -0s. now you can understand how someone on the other side of your gank feels.

i offered the solution without extorting™ you in game for the isk for it. gee am i a nice guy. Pirate

if you think someone is playing wrong Roll ... like they don't think the same and you are playing the game wrong Blink because who decides what is right, i know none here do. Lol [and if they do my apologies]
last i checked CCP still run the show and they are saying passively "do what you want" [within bounds of EULA/TOS]
you can do what you want but never ever ever offend CODE. Bear

the best part is they think they are winning. yep big in game isk incomes mean nothing. big kill reports mean nothing either. being king of New Eden means nothing. EVE is a game after all. lets keep playing and treating it as a game. not as a means to put one over on someone else because you "feel like it".
Lady Areola Fappington
#189 - 2014-12-28 13:31:04 UTC
Phaedron wrote:


NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.



This is the only part that matters. As I said before, I don't care if the person who killed you writes a 5 page ALOD article on your loss and posts it everywhere. Threats, slurs, and disgustingness directed towards someone real life is never OK. Anything else is just justification.

If you feel that, for whatever reason, a forum/blog/whatevs post about something you did in Eve crosses a line, the correct response is to report said post to relevant people to take action if needed.

The correct response to a loss of a spaceship in Eve is "GF", or "Grr you dirty pirate I'll hunt you to the ends of the universe", or *say nothing, wardec the alliance*. If you feel that the person who engaged you is crossing a line into harassment, you report said person to CCP and let them handle it.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#190 - 2014-12-28 13:34:07 UTC
Phaedron wrote:
NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.

Good! We agree.

Quote:
if you think someone is playing wrong Roll ... like they don't think the same and you are playing the game wrong

Mining isn't playing the game wrong. No one has ever claimed otherwise.

Mining for PLEX is playing the game wrong. Mining in a failfit, overly expensive T2 mining ship without trying to defend it is playing it wrong. Autopiloting with an expensive cargo is playing the game wrong.

These aren't opinions, they are facts. None of the above scenarios are beneficial to the player partaking in them. They can do the exact same job more efficently and/or more safely by not being greedy, being aware of the game's mechanics and paying attention to their surroundings.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Phaedron
Doomheim
#191 - 2014-12-28 13:51:15 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Phaedron wrote:


NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.



This is the only part that matters. As I said before, I don't care if the person who killed you writes a 5 page ALOD article on your loss and posts it everywhere. Threats, slurs, and disgustingness directed towards someone real life is never OK. Anything else is just justification.

If you feel that, for whatever reason, a forum/blog/whatevs post about something you did in Eve crosses a line, the correct response is to report said post to relevant people to take action if needed.

The correct response to a loss of a spaceship in Eve is "GF", or "Grr you dirty pirate I'll hunt you to the ends of the universe", or *say nothing, wardec the alliance*. If you feel that the person who engaged you is crossing a line into harassment, you report said person to CCP and let them handle it.



1. i agree. that is the only part that matters.
2. nope i don't think anyone has crossed any line. i know how forum works even though i am a new bro forum main [or alt your choice, both are valid] if someone crossed a line an ISD would be here pronto [or someone else relevant such as a mod] Cool
3. i also agree about proper conduct after a fight in game. that is ideally how it should work. it doesn't always happen though that way. Pirate
Lady Areola Fappington
#192 - 2014-12-28 14:01:32 UTC
Phaedron wrote:


1. i agree. that is the only part that matters.
2. nope i don't think anyone has crossed any line. i know how forum works even though i am a new bro forum main [or alt your choice, both are valid] if someone crossed a line an ISD would be here pronto [or someone else relevant such as a mod] Cool
3. i also agree about proper conduct after a fight in game. that is ideally how it should work. it doesn't always happen though that way. Pirate



Ohh, I know, ISD are pretty good here and all. I just see it a bunch, the "good guys" love to justify RL nastiness with "OMG they posted it on minerbumping that makes it totes OOG now I can threaten to murder the ganker's kids!"

Sometimes, I honestly just want to sit in the AG channel on an alt, and blast a report for every disgusting thing said there. I suspect doing that would peeve the GM staff off quite a bit after awhile, though.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Phaedron
Doomheim
#193 - 2014-12-28 14:29:56 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Phaedron wrote:


1. i agree. that is the only part that matters.
2. nope i don't think anyone has crossed any line. i know how forum works even though i am a new bro forum main [or alt your choice, both are valid] if someone crossed a line an ISD would be here pronto [or someone else relevant such as a mod] Cool
3. i also agree about proper conduct after a fight in game. that is ideally how it should work. it doesn't always happen though that way. Pirate



Ohh, I know, ISD are pretty good here and all. I just see it a bunch, the "good guys" love to justify RL nastiness with "OMG they posted it on minerbumping that makes it totes OOG now I can threaten to murder the ganker's kids!"

Sometimes, I honestly just want to sit in the AG channel on an alt, and blast a report for every disgusting thing said there. I suspect doing that would peeve the GM staff off quite a bit after awhile, though.


as said [possibly] before i don't go to other forums or websites so would have to admit total ignorance there also have little to no interest ingame chat channels. mainly because i am antisocial. forums here make for enough "social" activity for me. actually maybe too much.


also Areola Fappington you have one of the best names i have seen so far, i love all the Fappington names as well. Big smile sorry not very relevant but have want to express this for some time now.
Lady Areola Fappington
#194 - 2014-12-28 14:42:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Areola Fappington
Phaedron wrote:

as said [possibly] before i don't go to other forums or websites so would have to admit total ignorance there also have little to no interest ingame chat channels. mainly because i am antisocial. forums here make for enough "social" activity for me. actually maybe too much.


also Areola Fappington you have one of the best names i have seen so far, i love all the Fappington names as well. Big smile sorry not very relevant but have want to express this for some time now.



Straying a little offtopic, so I beg forgiveness, but amusing anecdote. To the best of my knowledge, the Fappington clan are all played by totally separate people!

I met up with Gaylord awhile back in Poinen, and we kinda kicked off this whole "Crazy perverted inbred royal family" thing. Everyone with the last name "Fappington" is related somehow, likely in multiple different ways, and it's a good idea to not speculate too hard on the family tree.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#195 - 2014-12-29 00:48:29 UTC
Phaedron wrote:

if you think someone is playing wrong Roll ... like they don't think the same and you are playing the game wrong Blink because who decides what is right, i know none here do.


I do, with my ship and my guns. That's how a sandbox works. If I don't like them, I blast them, loot their wreck, and add their broken corpse to my collection.

And if they don't like it, they should have the common decency to blast my ship to prove their point, instead of mailing me pictures of the front of my house through the in game mail client.


Quote:
lets keep playing and treating it as a game. not as a means to put one over on someone else because you "feel like it".


If you feel that way, go play a game without PvP. Because EVE Online is a PvP game, and that does mean that I can shoot somebody just because I happen to feel like it. And while I know this might surprise you, I am allowed to derive satisfaction at having done so as well.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaely Tanniss
Black Hydra Consortium.
#196 - 2014-12-29 01:27:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Phaedron wrote:
i'd expect a ganked miner/PVE player would be from 0-100 fast around 50 in 3 seconds and cool down in 5-15 minutes afterwards but mildly angry you blew his/her ship up but later realize it is a game. he/she would get upset and blow off some steam either in game mail, local chat, private chat or otherwise. you would be the one they transfer said anger to. Shocked
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
But it's not up to you how someone reply's to your chosen game style that directly affects them. nor is it theirs that tell you how to play the way you want to or not and if it's not their idea of fun your wrong. because no one plays right as everyone is wrong.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

+++yet here we are. people being affected in game and out of game+++ reasons?... "because you can" is the only logical answer you can give you may dislike their response, but i am sure they dislike your game style.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.

would you be mad if you had dirty selfies on a phone and your ex decided to upload that online without permission...i am sure you would be?!?! same logic applies here do they give you permission to share in game material OOG? no....... you'd be PO and likely 0-100 and at 100 in under -0s. now you can understand how someone on the other side of your gank feels.

i offered the solution without extorting™ you in game for the isk for it. gee am i a nice guy. Pirate

if you think someone is playing wrong Roll ... like they don't think the same and you are playing the game wrong Blink because who decides what is right, i know none here do. Lol [and if they do my apologies]
last i checked CCP still run the show and they are saying passively "do what you want" [within bounds of EULA/TOS]
you can do what you want but never ever ever offend CODE. Bear

the best part is they think they are winning. yep big in game isk incomes mean nothing. big kill reports mean nothing either. being king of New Eden means nothing. EVE is a game after all. lets keep playing and treating it as a game. not as a means to put one over on someone else because you "feel like it".


I agree rl threats are never okay. That point has been well established by the ovrwhelming majority of posters, regardless of which side of the fence they play on. There is one thing that, though I see your point in using certain analogies, doesn't make any sense. The points you are trying to use to relate to game situations are not valid. There is a HUGE difference of someone uploading dirty pics and losing a ship in a game. First, uploading the pics can be a crime in some places. It also hurts the person victimized as it is a rl offense and can have serious rl reprocussions. Nothing in a game even remotely compares.

Again, though rl threats have no place in a game..if a person is so fragile that even the slightest insult or make believe loss will upset them to the point of psychotic outburst..they need to stop playing games..especially Eve. It's been said a million times..it's just a game. The arguement that "i spent hours of play to earn what i have and now it's all gone because of you" is laughable. First off, if you had hours to play to begin with, you have more hours to get back on your feet. Second, the minute you logged onto Eve, you accepted the risk that in a single moment, you can lose what you have. If someone hasn't accepted this fact, I don't know what to tell them beside Eve isn't for them.

Other than that little rant, I agree with the majority of what you are saying...Lol

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Kaely Tanniss
Black Hydra Consortium.
#197 - 2014-12-29 01:36:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Tasspool Harp wrote:
Kaely wrote:



Quote:

So you say you shouldn't have to play something else? Well, if you're going to play with fire, you will get burned. Eve is the fire...Question is, will you prepare yourself it..or cry when the fire burns you then blame the fire for burning you.. You know the old saying..."if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"? It applies to Eve in so many ways. If you aren't having fun playing Eve the way it is...stop playing it..period.


Kitchen. Fires. Heat.
So very positively Gormenghast.
Kitchen design has moved on in the 21st century and most of us just install a range-hood or aircon.

Quote:

Respect is earned, not given. You will never earn respect with incessant childish whining.
I had to earn my way up.


You had to earn what exactly? Respect?
You are entitled to a basic level of respect coming into the game regardless of who you are.
According to you does progressing in Eve involve some atavistic rite of passage and after we pass the requisite number of trials we earn the respect of the "tribe" and are "allowed" to continue playing ? I guess I better go suicide gank someone quick then so James315 can run around me three times on the back of a goat before he affixes a Barney the Dinosaur sticker to my forehead , the alternative being my character gets biomassed.

[quote]
I am a less than 5% minority in this game and still i adapted and grew. If I had the ******* to step up and learn, what is the problem with others? Sure, the learning curve is steep. Eve is my first MMO..and the only computer game I have ever played. I have always been a gamer...but console gamer. I had to learn and adapt...and so do you and others. No one is going to hold your hand. It irks me to no end to hear so many whiny "men" in one place. It's kind of sad when the one who doesn't even have a "pair" has a bigger "pair" than a huge percentage of people playing the game. Move up...or move on...it's as simple as that.


It irks me coming across attitudes promoting some weird Darwinian approach to regulating who should be allowed to play a computer game.

Now maybe you should have a good, long , hard look at your post and consider whether your referencing of "whiney men" who need a bigger "pair" has strayed below the line of acceptable discourse.




Just a little sense of entitlement there? If you had read my previous comments you would know that I am not a ganker. Everyone has a right to play the game. No one likes a sore loser. I'll say it again..respect is earned...if you chose to give respect and/or trust to anyone, that's your choice but no one will repect you if you are a whiner. Try being a minority sometime...see how that works out for you :) oh...and I bet you I know more about kitchens than you do lol :)

With all of that being said, most of the post made me laugh though. +1 It's good to get a response from time to time that puts a smile on my face and breaks up the seriousness of the topic. Cheers Smile

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#198 - 2014-12-29 02:10:03 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Phaedron wrote:
NEWSFLASH!!!!!: no one here is saying RL threats about in game activities is EVER ok. because it is never ok. under any circumstance.

Good! We agree.

Quote:
if you think someone is playing wrong Roll ... like they don't think the same and you are playing the game wrong

Mining isn't playing the game wrong. No one has ever claimed otherwise.

Mining for PLEX is playing the game wrong. Mining in a failfit, overly expensive T2 mining ship without trying to defend it is playing it wrong. Autopiloting with an expensive cargo is playing the game wrong.

These aren't opinions, they are facts. None of the above scenarios are beneficial to the player partaking in them. They can do the exact same job more efficently and/or more safely by not being greedy, being aware of the game's mechanics and paying attention to their surroundings.
Eh. I can't see it as truly 'wrong' (although we might be defining it differently) since eve is a sandbox and if they want to be lazy and do no research, it's not wrong. Just very stupid.
Phaedron
Doomheim
#199 - 2014-12-29 03:07:16 UTC
maybe people should realize Harassment out of game is illegal in most countries. people behaving in a manner in game and then letting things get out of hand OOG. but it works both ways. threats are never ok. threat = harassment = threats no good, harassment = no good. learn the difference. Big smile

what others don't seem to agree with though is out of game intimidation etc is harassment [which it is] depending on who says what it could be racial or gender or orientation and that carries heavier penalties...... [if you read the EULA/TOS/PP you'll know this type of in game and out of game behavior is unacceptable if you accept the rules of EULA/TOS/PP. if you disagree go find another game]

....all of which are against the EULA/TOS....

D. Inappropriate Conduct / Communication.
CCP may establish Rules of Conduct (discussed below) for players accessing the System and may, but is not obligated to, monitor and take action regarding inappropriate conduct. Nonetheless, it is possible that at any time there may be language or other material accessible on or through the System that you may consider inappropriate or offensive to some users. You acknowledge that other players may transmit communications or content, or access to content, that you may consider inappropriate or objectionable. CCP does not, as a matter of policy, prescreen the communications or content transmitted by each player and is in no way responsible for the communications and content transmitted by players of the Game.

^ this seems straight forward. so does this: it means what you do in game you are responsible for. you agree to this in order to play "how you want". if you don't why are you still here?

CONDUCT
A. Specifically Restricted Conduct:
"You may not submit any content to any chat room or other public forum within the Game that is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way, including without limitation the submission of content that infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property rights"

C. Compliance with Rules of Conduct
You agree to observe and abide by the Rules of Conduct as may be amended by CCP from time to time: https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-tos/
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
^ if you disagree with CCP go play some other game.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
you are the in game toon and also the PC = RPG term for Player Character- that means the player is responsible, or atleast should be, for what their character does or doesn't do based on RL morals and/or ethics you expect from those you gank to abide by, not to mention you the human controls and is 100% responsible for in game and out of game interaction with other players.

i could mention more but i have offered more then enough advice and also input.

thank you for you time and patience.
ggodhsup
relocation LLC.
#200 - 2014-12-29 03:23:43 UTC
couldnt be bothered to read 3 pages of posts. but joining code shouldnt be this dramatic.

3 pages? im tired of this post being at the top of C&P.

can we talk more about crime. and crime. and dammit more crime.

good job, switching to code and all, i love them too.

but this is absurd, 3 pages?!