These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Survey for Structures in EVE - Your opinion matters!

First post First post
Author
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2015-02-02 20:16:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Kynric wrote:
I recently skilled into a t2 bomb launcher only to find that to change ammo loaded at a pos requires cargo expanders as it is not possible to drag the ammo directly from the launcher to the CHA without sufficient open space in the ships cargo. Perhaps there is some trick I am missing but this seems so bad as to be comedy.

jet can?

The survey was poorly worded. I often did not have an appropriate answer available, especially towards the end. I lack experience with a lot of these structures because they are difficult to start in on, but at times wasn't sure how to rate my experience. Sometimes it asked if my corp does X with structures, to which I said yes, then it asked me about stuff I couldn't answer.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#102 - 2015-02-03 19:18:52 UTC
I hope CCP keeps in mind that the current state of (lack of) SOV warfare is due to listening to player input. Any changes that promote the ability to PING FORCES for event should be discarded. Any changes that require active game play to aquire stuff should be put on the table. (Timers = BAD // Active players = GOOD)
Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#103 - 2015-02-06 08:38:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Janeway84
Pos gunnery system is horrible to use! I dont know how but CCP needs to rewrite it big time. P
also for bads maybe a notification if all your guns are offline?
5mok1ng gun
Moon Of The Pheonix
#104 - 2015-02-07 21:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: 5mok1ng gun
These are just a few General thoughts on Control towers since doing the surveys

A look at how many guns on a control tower someone can control ( like raising the limit from 5 with max skill to 10 or more ).

Raising the lock limit of the structures from 1 to 2 or 3 would be a nice touch.

General UI improvement would not be bad either.

Target painting Battery ( I see all the other E-War types covered ).

Look at the targeting times of the structures it feels really slow, I don't think I have found a lock quicker than 60 seconds.

Adjust fitting of the external structures ( outside the force field ) by 12.5% to allow for more online defences maybe more or less but some sort of reduction is needed maybe across all structures, Maybe even reduce some internal structures fitting also.
Anthar Thebess
#105 - 2015-02-09 11:21:57 UTC
Pos needs fueled super weapon - aka doomsday or something similar.
Something that can kill even over tanked carrier , or do heavy damage to super.
This weapon cannot attack subcapitals

Right now big blocks just drop capitals supported by supers on every tower without providing any (or minial) subcapital cover.
Again imbalance between pos and "slowcats" is to big, while dreads are still balanced and can easily die to tower , because of ~siege.
5mok1ng gun
Moon Of The Pheonix
#106 - 2015-02-09 20:49:01 UTC  |  Edited by: 5mok1ng gun
Like an Ion Cannon or something, I like the idea of that.
Limited to one per POS or could get to be the only defence seen and have a CPU fitting requirement so if the tower is reinforced it goes off.

Not a fan of it taking out over tanked carriers but I would be a fan of it doing Omni damage with a chance of hitting for twice the damage against its targets best resistance.

Make it so it can't attack sieged / triaged ships, Because of interference created by the use of the mod blah blah....

For the spider tanked carriers neutralizers work a treat but can't use many and have an effective defence I've found because of fitting costs, Maybe Remove fitting costs and make it a hard limit on the number of modules allowed to be fitted to the control tower that scales with size.

I had another idea while going around last night and I was thinking, Wouldn't it be nice if I could use this jump bridge to go to any other within range. Without having to configure the dam things.
Cassandra Skjem
Big Sister Exploration
#107 - 2015-02-10 14:10:04 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
Coelomate wrote:
I'm doing this survey now, and excited that these issues are at the forefront of the devs minds, but I really don't understand what many of these questions are asking me.

For example: "Would you prefer using structures through co-op gameplay?"

I have no idea what that means, or even could mean.

We of course don't want to inject any ideas, but it could hint at having the gameplay more of a collaboration of many rather than something you would delegate to a single individual to achieve.

Many players in my other corporation already use POS in a co-operative manner, but the problem isn't in how they can be used but rather how safe player assets are at a POS. If co-operative gameplay means player X can take my stuff then you are missing what the problems are at POSs.

Not everything revolves around industry.

Is it a tarp?

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2015-02-11 00:34:04 UTC
5mok1ng gun wrote:
Limited to one per POS or could get to be the only defence seen and have a CPU fitting requirement so if the tower is reinforced it goes off.

Not a fan of it taking out over tanked carriers

Howabout something like the ion cannons in Star Wars? (Like the one fired from Hoth at the Star Destroyer in Empire Strikes Back) It could be a weapon that disables capital ships, making them unable to use drones, fire weapons, run logistics, siege, or command modules, warp, jump, lock targets, maintain target locks, or generate capacitor for several minutes. It wouldn't destroy them, but it would remove them from applying strong combat effects temporarily. The ship could use remaining capacitor to run defensive modules and would still be able to receive logistical support, so it wouldn't become an easy kill.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

5mok1ng gun
Moon Of The Pheonix
#109 - 2015-02-11 17:05:26 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
5mok1ng gun wrote:

Not a fan of it taking out over tanked carriers

Howabout something like the ion cannons in Star Wars? (Like the one fired from Hoth at the Star Destroyer in Empire Strikes Back) It could be a weapon that disables capital ships, making them unable to use drones, fire weapons, run logistics, siege, or command modules, warp, jump, lock targets, maintain target locks, or generate capacitor for several minutes. It wouldn't destroy them, but it would remove them from applying strong combat effects temporarily. The ship could use remaining capacitor to run defensive modules and would still be able to receive logistical support, so it wouldn't become an easy kill.

While it could prove interesting the application of all or some of the effects you describe just makes whatever the structure shoots a big useless ship for the poor guy piloting it, I'm still a fan of it doing damage but the application of a hand full of the above effects or all of them does not stand well.

I'm tired of CCP bashing capital ships in one form or another, This fatigue thing as an example commits capitals for far more time than they require to do their role.

Damage from the structure is fine my only fear is they become the one and only defensive module for control towers, Having it knock out abilities of ships I have a problem with.

Neut batteries knock out anything depending on cap just give it time.
warp scrams / disruptors stop warping / jumping
ECM knock out locks
Guns can take out drones

I don't see why we need a 4 in 1 module to do everything that can already be achieved but +1 for creativity.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2015-02-11 18:06:44 UTC
Well it's a step down from losing the ship. The pilot can still eject if they really feel like getting out of the dead ship to go somewhere and do something.

5mok1ng gun
Moon Of The Pheonix
#111 - 2015-02-11 22:33:02 UTC
A step down from loosing the ship would be serious damage to the ship that I believe my suggestion brings, What I imagine when I read all the things you propose is an I win button for POS's giving defenders a serious advantage because they don't have to do anything ( If all effects are applied ) but shoot the target.

Nothing should be an " I win " for anything let alone POS defence, With that being said POS defences are lacking. When they are automated they change target way too often and when controlled they lack the firepower to take big targets ( such as capitals ) down with relative ease as they should, Being designed to defend a control tower against such targets.

Maybe a better damage modifier is needed for the large structures, Maybe for all the structures but we don't need a Swiss army structure that does the job of many others.

I'm so against a structure that disables capital ships, making them unable to use drones, fire weapons, run logistics, siege, or command modules, warp, jump, lock targets, maintain target locks, or generate capacitor for several minutes I'm rubbing myself up and down it in the most inappropriate manner imaginable.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2015-02-12 01:12:57 UTC
I wasn't thinking of an I WIN button, more like an attack that determines its chance to disable the target by the "ion damage" value which would build up over the target's remaining hit points until it is disabled. But there's a ton of ways to balance it, really.

5mok1ng gun
Moon Of The Pheonix
#113 - 2015-02-12 23:10:04 UTC  |  Edited by: 5mok1ng gun
Maybe the use of "ion cannon" is not the right word for what I was thinking of, I was thinking a POS structure that did 2 types of damage ( one of them twice the others value ) and then rotates the damage types for the next shot, then the next, and next ( 1st shot EM-Therm, 2nd shot EM-EXP ) so it goes through the entire spectrum repeatedly.

You don't need so many effects that need to be tracked server side and the unpredictable damage of the mod ( and hopefully sufficient power in terms of damage ) should make it a structure to be feared.

I also believe that it should require an operator ( some one manning it ) to function, It should not be automated or if this is unavoidable its affects be half of what they would be if it was manned.

With the power of the weapon there should be a restriction or two but I have 3:
1: It cannot attack triaged ships ( since sieged dreadnaughts do damage not triaged carriers ).
2. It cannot attack sub capital ships
3. Its fuel should be something easy to access like liquid ozone, Heavy water or strontium.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#114 - 2015-03-05 22:05:13 UTC
Allow "entosis-like" module in wspace to "hack" abandoned Control Towers (Starbases/Sticks) and modules.

I'm right behind you

Jessy Andersteen
In Wreck we thrust
#115 - 2015-03-09 14:33:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Jessy Andersteen
For the structure use (and for corpo managment) we need individual rights for each action on structure / corporation
For exemple: a right for accepting somebody in the corp and another right for expelling.

PS: +1 for the entorsis link on abandoned tower. 1 guy with 6 tower can set up a tower easy against some actives pvp corporation in the home system. he just put 6 towers in the system and online only one... it's a bit tricky...
Zekora Rally
U2EZ
#116 - 2015-03-18 17:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Zekora Rally
Hacking offline towers in order to unanchor them will lead to the massive flooding of the POS market so that really shouldn't happen. On the other hand, hacking the tower after clearing the shields by shooting it should be a thing. That way, some actual effort goes toward unanchoring it.

Also, we need player owned structures. This should only be available to players in player-created and not npc corps. I should be able to give access to anyone even those out of corp. All I need to do is type their name in a box. Obviously, dropping to an npc corp should cause forcefields to offline.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2015-03-18 22:02:15 UTC
Zekora Rally wrote:
Hacking offline towers in order to unanchor them will lead to the massive flooding of the POS market so that really shouldn't happen. On the other hand, hacking the tower after clearing the shields by shooting it should be a thing. That way, some actual effort goes toward unanchoring it.

Perhaps a better way to cushion it would be to initially make all abandoned towers start non-vulnerable, and have them all gradually become vulnerable at random intervals. Then all newly abandoned towers after the update would become vulnerable in a standardized period of time.

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#118 - 2015-03-19 15:44:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Freelancer117
Will you resize Outpost Construction Platforms from 750,000 m3 to 300,000 m3 Cool

EDIT: reason this would allow a(ny) jump freighter with level 4 skill and 3x T2 cargo expanders to ship an egg

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#119 - 2015-03-22 10:30:55 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Zekora Rally wrote:

Perhaps a better way to cushion it would be to initially make all abandoned towers start non-vulnerable, and have them all gradually become vulnerable at random intervals. Then all newly abandoned towers after the update would become vulnerable in a standardized period of time.

Given the proposed changes, looks like any derelict tower after the grace period they plan to give before changing to the new system will be cleared out.

Of course, if you don't have to anchor at a moon...

They will certainly need restrictions on proximity to certain objects - like gates, wormholes, and stations. Imagine Jita IV-4 surrounded by player owned stations armed to the teeth. Imagine camping your enemy Outpost with the new POSes? But it would be nice to sit one on top of a wormhole... just saying. Lol

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#120 - 2015-03-23 10:54:17 UTC
Un-sticking this, gonna need room for the new structure F&I threads.