These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

It is Past Time for the Republic to Sue for Peace

Author
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#141 - 2014-12-22 07:23:45 UTC
You're very good at playing the pedant aren't you Blake?

They were Minmatar citizens before your ancestors so brutally invaded our space and enslaved them.

Culturally they're more akin to you slavers now but, let's not forget where they hailed from originally. Biologically they're Matari and therefore, our people.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#142 - 2014-12-22 07:56:53 UTC
Originally all forms of humanity came from the same Old World and biologically are from the same origin point, no?

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2014-12-22 07:59:18 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Originally all forms of humanity came from the same Old World and biologically are from the same origin point, no?

You have another member of your corporation in a thread at this very moment attempting to deny that fact.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#144 - 2014-12-22 08:23:36 UTC
If you are referring to Adml. Blake's comment the Earth Hypothesis thread, I think you should look up the concept of reductio ad absurdum.

The scriptures are very clear on this issue:

"In the beginning all things were as one.
God parted them and breathed life into his creation
Divided the parts and gave each its place
And unto each, bestowed purpose" Book 1 1:4

"The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being.
Our illustrious ancestors freed their souls from the evils of the old
world and created a new one." Book 1 1:14

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#145 - 2014-12-22 08:23:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Rodj Blake
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

You have another member of your corporation in a thread at this very moment attempting to deny that fact.

If you're referring to this, no I'm not.

Saying that something could be hypothesized is not necessarily the same as arguing in favour of that hypothesis.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2014-12-22 08:24:58 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
If you're referring to this, no I'm not.

Saying that something could be hypothesized is not necessarily the same as arguing in favour of that hypothesis.

Don't tell me what you said as if I don't know what you meant to imply.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#147 - 2014-12-22 08:31:33 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

Don't tell me what you said as if I don't know what you meant to imply.

The irony in this statement is lovely.

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2014-12-22 08:33:17 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

What would a zealot know of irony? The entire Empire chokes under the weight of ironies they cannot even perceive.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#149 - 2014-12-22 08:38:01 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

What would a zealot know of irony? The entire Empire chokes under the weight of ironies they cannot even perceive.

The fact that you think I am a zealot is another amusement. You would really make a quite decent court jester.

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#150 - 2014-12-22 09:15:20 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
The fact that you think I am a zealot is another amusement. You would really make a quite decent court jester.

You advocate the integration of the entire cluster into the Empire in spite of the fact that the rest of the cluster has absolutely no interest in it whatsoever being painfully obvious to you. That some advocate for the same integration to be done with more immediacy or more violence doesn't magically absolve you of being a zealot - it just means you're a slightly less objectionable one.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#151 - 2014-12-22 12:00:02 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

...Does the Empire still have literal court jesters? That seems a bit of a bizzare anachronism, even for such a conservative society, with FTL entertainment available to everyone.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#152 - 2014-12-22 13:11:00 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
There is no contesting that the Empire holds my people.

Except that they're not your people. Unless you have the paperwork to prove otherwise?

The Empire still holds records somewhere of my birth and upbringing among them. That is why they are my people. They are quite simply kin.
Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#153 - 2014-12-22 14:33:25 UTC
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

...Does the Empire still have literal court jesters? That seems a bit of a bizzare anachronism, even for such a conservative society, with FTL entertainment available to everyone.

Not normally. I know of a holder or two that has a fondness for bizarre anachronism, but it is not normal. Still, Andreus would make a good one.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#154 - 2014-12-22 16:00:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

You want anachronism? Just walk on the streets of any city on Pator. Among the smoke-belching spires you will literally trip over tribal talisman of all sorts. Not to mention the totems in the neon-lit plazas. There's also those synthesizers that look like wind instruments and drums too. We are also running on non-maglev rails in some of the smaller cities. And books! Books that literally crumble in your hands! Shelved together with info-disks!

Let's not even start on the odd Ibrik among the more advance steam-driven coffee-brewing apparatus. With accompanying mini-stoves.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#155 - 2014-12-22 16:30:22 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

You want anachronism? Just walk on the streets of any city on Pator. Among the smoke-belching spires you will literally trip over tribal talisman of all sorts. Not to mention the totems in the neon-lit plazas. There's also those synthesizers that look like wind instruments and drums too. We are also running on non-maglev rails in some of the smaller cities. And books! Books that literally crumble in your hands! Shelved together with info-disks!

Let's not even start on the odd Ibrik among the more advance steam-driven coffee-brewing apparatus. With accompanying mini-stoves.

Do you also use petrol engines instead of electric to power your autos?

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#156 - 2014-12-23 01:55:20 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
[
Do you also use petrol engines instead of electric to power your autos?

Some of the vehicles do. They share the roads with the electrically-powered hover autos. In fact, some of the hover autos run on hydrocarbons.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#157 - 2014-12-25 17:44:35 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

Not normally. I know of a holder or two that has a fondness for bizarre anachronism, but it is not normal. Still, Andreus would make a good one.

I wouldn't buy him. He isn't pleasant.

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))