These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[-MM-] The Masuat'aa - The Long War

Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#41 - 2014-12-20 23:54:43 UTC
So try hard.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#42 - 2014-12-21 00:03:36 UTC
I'm going to assume this is one I should stay out of?

Ugh
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#43 - 2014-12-21 00:48:03 UTC
Well that lasted... actually, a bit longer than I expected.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#44 - 2014-12-21 00:50:40 UTC
wait.... what?
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#45 - 2014-12-21 00:52:19 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Why? You certainly have had slavery in your far past.

I thought condescendingly telling people about the history of their own cultures was a bad thing only Gallenteans did and Caldari would never stoop to.

I don't know why you'd think that.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#46 - 2014-12-21 01:49:28 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Why? You certainly have had slavery in your far past. Perhaps you've evolved beyond that point now (although Havohej would suggest that you are certainly capable of devolving back in that direction) but you certainly have the concepts within your culture - even before the Amarr could have put them there.

Leave me out of this, unless you want me to join Pyre and bring my slaves with me.

I'm not sure when joining us became a threat.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Anslo
Scope Works
#47 - 2014-12-21 01:56:38 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Well that lasted... actually, a bit longer than I expected.

You can have him back.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#48 - 2014-12-21 02:02:34 UTC
Sooo confused right now....
Archbishop
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#49 - 2014-12-21 05:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Archbishop
The heathen terrorists of Masuat'aa Matari have for years turned their backs on the will of God and the gift the Amarr have offered them. A life in service, a purpose, a relationship with God and a future. Instead they embraced a life of terror, violence, poverty and suffering. The myths behind the so called "Day of Darkness" are half-truths and lies told to Matari children when they are young to make them hate the Amarr. The Minmatar leaders do not tell the truth that the Amarr only wish to save the Matari from their own devices and bring them closer to God.

As I have recently returned from a few years at monastic retreat I have been shocked upon reviewing of the continued barbarity of these terrorists and their violent ways. It seems destruction is the only language they understand or appreciate. So be it. After so many years your insignificant uprising and feeble efforts to "come for your people" have accomplished little but to secure the fates of more "rescued Minmatar". Rescued to a life of despair and darkness.

"The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being.
Our illustrious ancestors freed their souls from the evils of the old.
world and created a new one.
The great Amarr Empire was founded to cultivate the spirit of man.
To do so the enemies of the outside had to be defeated and the enemies of the inside controlled.
The Lord gave our Emperor the power to harness the Good and punish the Evil.
Ever since, the Emperor has lived the lives of his subjects and breathed the air of authority."
- The Scriptures, Book I 1:14

Read the scriptures and understand the flaw in your thinking Masuat'aa Matari... For the true "Day of Darkness" is one of your own creation. It is the day when a Minmatar who served God is yanked away from the light of God and a life of service and is brought to the darkness of the Minmatar "society".

Archbishop

His Lordship the Honorable Archbishop

Retired Admiral & CEO of PIE Incorporated

Currently serving as Spiritual Advisor

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#50 - 2014-12-21 06:27:16 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
I meant the minmatar militia, and uh, OK I'll relay that message I guess? Didn't really know there was bad blood, or much of any of it for that matter (I try not to ask too many questions honestly).

There isn't. Scope Works poses no threat to me, nor I to it, as I live neither in Placid nor Syndicate at the moment.

And I doubt I'll be joining any militia entities.
Anslo wrote:
So try hard.

Terrible CEO is terrible.
Kalaratiri wrote:

Do you have any idea how much bad PR I bring with me?

You really don't, do you?
Archbishop wrote:
Look at my enormous chin!

Archbishop

The chin is pretty impressive.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-12-21 09:34:52 UTC
Havohej wrote:

Kalaratiri wrote:

Don't worry about PR, even you can be redeemed! Repent, join Empire as a slave and you will be forgiven!

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2014-12-21 11:46:41 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:

Your corporation will instantly become at least 200% more vulnerable to attacks from RR Dominix fleets.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#53 - 2014-12-21 12:25:30 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Kalaratiri wrote:

Your corporation will instantly become at least 200% more vulnerable to attacks from RR Dominix fleets.

We have faults beyond counting. Even more when our fleet commanders are sober. The risk of us accepting that madman Havo is not a potential fault of ours.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#54 - 2014-12-21 15:07:43 UTC
Luna Hanaya wrote:
Havohej wrote:

Kalaratiri wrote:

Don't worry about PR, even you can be redeemed! Repent, join Empire as a slave and you will be forgiven!

But if he did that he would be abandoning his Amarrian slaves.....
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#55 - 2014-12-21 17:41:28 UTC
Havohej wrote:

I'm not sure why you think your "bad PR" is something we would be at all interested in adopting.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#56 - 2014-12-21 17:54:01 UTC
Seeing as it doesn't look like anyone's really said anything on it...

Thanks for the second installment! I've heard the "war of the flea" term somewhere before, don't recall where. I, like with the first installment, really enjoyed reading this and look forward to the next. I also found the section on the effects of moral really intreating. The whole thing in general gave me plenty of food for thought. Thanks!

Big smile
Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#57 - 2014-12-21 18:16:05 UTC
Siddhar Gangari wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
No former slave will ever really become what the Republic wants us to become, because your culture isn't our culture. It hasn't been for generations.

The Ammar culture isn't "your" culture either - everything about it has set your people up to fail and persist in this universe with their lives in the hands of cruel strangers. However, I am not unsympathetic to your position and I will cease trying to convince you. One day you will see the truth for yourself. It will either destroy your weak, simple mind or it will give you the kick in the head you so desperately need.

Sallamaka al-lahu, maulaa.

On the contrary, Lt. Kernher represents an exemplary example of what it means to be an Amarrian Matari. She is fully a part of the greater Amarrian culture. For you see, unlike your rigid reconstruction of an idealized culture that never actually existed, Amarr has room for cultural diversity under the rule of God.

Lt. Kernher and myself are not of the same culture, this is true, but we are both part of the greater Amarrian whole. She has every right to be proud of her accomplishments and of her place in Amarr and I am personally quite pleased by her accomplishments and the newly developing addition to the Amarrian cultural whole that she represents. The Amarrian-Matari culture exemplified by Lt. Kernher or the Martyr Abel Jarek is a great asset to the Empire and I look forward to seeing how it develops in freedom.

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Marus Sulla
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#58 - 2014-12-21 18:48:05 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Seeing as it doesn't look like anyone's really said anything on it...

Thanks for the second installment! I've heard the "war of the flea" term somewhere before, don't recall where. I, like with the first installment, really enjoyed reading this and look forward to the next. I also found the section on the effects of moral really intreating. The whole thing in general gave me plenty of food for thought. Thanks!

Big smile

Appreciated.

The 'war of the flea' is as old as warfare itself and the Flea Fleet doctrine appears to have been making headway in the warzone recently.

Given the response the first two installments have had (degeneration into our usual positions in the trenches) the third installment will be an exposition on the meaning of Freedom and Slavery as understood by the Masuat'aa.

My only hope is that the wider audience of the IGS rather than our regulars are getting a better understanding of who we are and why we fight.

Marus

Anam Matar.

The Soul of Matar.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#59 - 2014-12-21 19:07:03 UTC
This really was a great idea for your anniversary, I hope it does spread a bit more understanding for your cause and such.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#60 - 2014-12-21 19:29:10 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Siddhar Gangari wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
No former slave will ever really become what the Republic wants us to become, because your culture isn't our culture. It hasn't been for generations.

The Ammar culture isn't "your" culture either - everything about it has set your people up to fail and persist in this universe with their lives in the hands of cruel strangers. However, I am not unsympathetic to your position and I will cease trying to convince you. One day you will see the truth for yourself. It will either destroy your weak, simple mind or it will give you the kick in the head you so desperately need.

Sallamaka al-lahu, maulaa.

On the contrary, Lt. Kernher represents an exemplary example of what it means to be an Amarrian Matari. She is fully a part of the greater Amarrian culture. For you see, unlike your rigid reconstruction of an idealized culture that never actually existed, Amarr has room for cultural diversity under the rule of God.

Lt. Kernher and myself are not of the same culture, this is true, but we are both part of the greater Amarrian whole. She has every right to be proud of her accomplishments and of her place in Amarr and I am personally quite pleased by her accomplishments and the newly developing addition to the Amarrian cultural whole that she represents. The Amarrian-Matari culture exemplified by Lt. Kernher or the Martyr Abel Jarek is a great asset to the Empire and I look forward to seeing how it develops in freedom.

While it is indeed interesting to see the public face of these things, it's far more interesting to see the glimpses when the masks crack and what is underneath shows for a brief moment just how little someone like Little Kin really belongs there. Of course, she doesn't belong in the Republic either much the same as me and most other freed slaves, but I think you'd be surprised to see how much of what you take at face value is a mask she and others try really hard to pretend is the real face.

Even to themselves.