These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Standard Sleeper Cache

Author
Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#61 - 2015-01-20 14:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruvin
wrong thread ignore this message Sad

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Signal11th
#62 - 2015-01-20 15:33:46 UTC
Ruvin wrote:
just noticed this thread , probably a stupid question but : did you try the confessor ?

(i didnt get out of my legions for years, so a bit clueless , but standing idea wasnt bad for a few jump clones)

so just wondering ? You said there were many frigs with random cruiser , afaik , 2 rep overzised ab confessor could be "intresting" ?

AS long as it can tank the initial cloud hits and burn into the "safe" zone then it should be fine, I'll stick to my tengu though :-)

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#63 - 2015-01-20 16:03:57 UTC
sorry i replied in wrong topic .... That reply was meant for "Best ship for lvl 3 missions spam for standing"

My bad .

On topic while im here :
I readed a lot here and also on russian forum , they have already insane amounts of information on all types of sleeper cache , and order of events , dmg numbers , and ship tests , if anyone intrested i can do some TLDR's .

They really got it already figured it out in details .
It was frigate = possible , slower , risky .
Stratios = possible , ok speed , normal risk .
T3 = possible , fast , little risk .

And price wise its either t3 or frigate , i guess if anyone is serious about exploring then t3 it is .

Signal11th
#64 - 2015-01-20 16:17:57 UTC
Ruvin wrote:
sorry i replied in wrong topic .... That reply was meant for "Best ship for lvl 3 missions spam for standing"

My bad .

On topic while im here :
I readed a lot here and also on russian forum , they have already insane amounts of information on all types of sleeper cache , and order of events , dmg numbers , and ship tests , if anyone intrested i can do some TLDR's .

And price wise its either t3 or frigate , i guess if anyone is serious about exploring then t3 it is .

I wouldn't say little risk in a t3, first time I did one my tengu went pop! although that was my fault for not looking into the site before doing one.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#65 - 2015-01-20 18:49:17 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
Ruvin wrote:

My bad .

On topic while im here :

I wouldn't say little risk in a t3, first time I did one my tengu went pop! although that was my fault for not looking into the site before doing one.

Well little not "no risk" )) why little because there are for example turrets or gas clouds which can pop a frig instantly and are tankable for enoough time by a t3 . Still you can get killed tho .

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#66 - 2015-01-22 04:02:42 UTC
Ruvin wrote:
Yes - interested. I'm getting through these sites in a plated stratios but it feels risky and not very time efficient.

How are people killing the sentries? They're hitting me at 140+km.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#67 - 2015-01-22 11:11:36 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
How are people killing the sentries? They're hitting me at 140+km.

I usually hack defence unit at logic depot, then jump to tractor beam and hack defence unit there. It leaves only two sentries. If you fly in Stratios jump to end area and kill them with sentries. No need to use tractor then.

I have problem with them too, they hit hard my buffer tengu so i have to jump away, when i jump back they seems to target switched off tractor beam area sentry. Is there any way to do it without jumping out?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#68 - 2015-01-22 11:37:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruvin
credit to him : http://forum.eve-ru.com/index.php?showtopic=112027

=Standard Sleeper Cache=

Important :
You need data analizator so best to have rigs or implants for “data” There are containers with relic but theyre not so crucial, you usually have more time and possibility in case you fail .
Traps on the other hand must be hacked fast and first time .
Parameters are : difficulty 78.59% coherence 140 str 40

Buildings in main room:

You can divide it in 3 parts
a) the area you warp into
you find the device for the “gates” (coordinates are in “Coordinate plotting device” and they can be put into Coordinate Calibration Device low/high) also the gate for jumping in area b) and c) usually on youre right

Near there is a defense grid for switching the sentry focus between b and c . (remote defense grid unit) Hacking it will lower its dmg when you get in b area .
In the middle there are 3 containers with loot . Mangled/dented storage depot
HAcking the middle container ALWAYS spawns 1 more defense near it .
Hacking it successfully (under 30 seconds) the trigger for more bonus containers are in the area .
They must be hacker also in time usually (3minutes) .
If you fail no bonus containers . Between 1-3 minutes will warp 3 “Cleaners” in area a b c and will spawn a gas cloud with very big DMG .
In this 3 minutes before they come , you can warp aside for 100 130 km and wait . Cleaner in area b will blow up (ye go puff, don’t be near) and in his place will spawn a “passage” to a bonus room . The cloud in area c will despawn also .
Aside means if you look at furthest building which is 200km from you . Cleaner will spawn there , also one a bit closer , near the structure which looks like “radio thingy or something like that” and one also close to you . So fly away from all of this away “aside”

Omnitanked cruiser size ship for example Tengu can resist cloud dmg .
Frigate wont will get blown up and fast .
Cleaners cant be killed .
2 clouds they expand 3 times getting bigger and bigger , gets written also in local chat .
Sentry can be killed if you cba and have time

To be continued

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#69 - 2015-01-22 12:00:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruvin
b) Area around 100 130 km away .
there is a radio structure (immobile tractor beam) which gets the containers from area c.
Also 1 more sentry switcher and the sentry itself . 1 or 2 depends if you switched them in area a.
Containers from c can be pulled with the tractor . You won’t need to fly to c .
You can pull and activate all 6 containers . You should switch the defense grid if youre on a frigate .
All of them switch sentry dmg .
( In the worst case you will have the sentry close with the tractor and one in front and also those in area c)
Cruiser size doesnt care much , frigate will get hurt .

C) area 200 230 away from you . Its where the containers are . Best stuff is here , best place when local gets big . 6 containers with loot which you can activate only when your close to them . 2 sentries and also a defense grid for switching them . again switch if youre a frigate . Sentry from area b don’t reach this area (atleast I think so , didn’t hit me once)
You need this area if you decided you dont wana hack stuff (for example tractor) you can get here and hack them here . Which is good when sentry dont botte you , cos between you and new arrivals there will be 200km distance and sentry shooting . Best spot to control all the place . 3 bad hacks on any defense grid will spawn the cleaners .
Everything you need to know for control :
Dont use “passage” just take the coordinates of calibration with youreself , 1 coordinate is enough .
Get everything also bonus loot from area a . This must be done clean and fast .
Fail twice defense grid .
Slowboat to area c and in peace hack all 6 containers .
When guests come wait for the moment and fail third time the defense grid so you wont get involved in the “show” . Don’t forget to bookmark .
Of course you know :
Cleaners will spawn sooner or later . Clouds expand , cleaner in second area will get blown with big dmg .
If the guests are insistent you can have more fun killing them instead of hacking the site .

This works if :
Youre a hacker and hack data stuff exactly as you want them and not hoping in luck . you control when to fail and when to make it clean and in under 30 seconds .
Cover the distance in 200 km while getting sentry fire doesn’t bother you .
Fun is above pathetic isk rewards and loot .
So you decide , but cruiser size ships give you an advantage , sentries aren’t a problem , on the contrary it can help you . In little “sites” its enough to provoke the plasma dmg trap , even by sending 1 drone to it .
Medium sites you have more options , you must make it so the traps work for you not against you . All depends on youre skills mostly hacking .
Its not so easy as lvl4 . shoot the trigger and s…t hits the fan , press mwd and when rocket reaches its destination youre km away , leaving the poor guy with angry mobs scramed and disrupted . And you only need to calculate 1 thing .
If you do it correct , you can have fun . You can set traps as you wish . Just be smart

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#70 - 2015-01-22 12:11:48 UTC
This is the core then there are possible types of doing the site . like different ways . but its a lot of text , if even that is "usefull" will try ) tho slowly im at work

Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#71 - 2015-01-22 14:06:20 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

I have problem with them too, they hit hard my buffer tengu so i have to jump away, when i jump back they seems to target switched off tractor beam area sentry. Is there any way to do it without jumping out?

You can slowboat out of their range (one is 170km, one is about 230 I think), then get back and they won't aggro anymore. Though it's slower than rewarping. But will keep the site open in case you pulled the completion trigger.

PS: the bonus loot in the first room might be not from the bonus room. The last time I did the site, I failed the bonus hack and still got 4 conts in the bonus room.
Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#72 - 2015-01-22 15:11:27 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

You can slowboat out of their range (one is 170km, one is about 230 I think), then get back and they won't aggro anymore. Though it's slower than rewarping. But will keep the site open in case you pulled the completion trigger.

PS: the bonus loot in the first room might be not from the bonus room. The last time I did the site, I failed the bonus hack and still got 4 conts in the bonus room.

a container in first room spawns bonus containers if succesfull , + there is the third room . distinct containers .

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#73 - 2015-01-23 10:14:10 UTC
Ruvin wrote:
a container in first room spawns bonus containers if succesfull , + there is the third room . distinct containers .

Gals and guys, remember to BM the site. I was bold last time and hacked all cans in logic depot, defence grid unit spawned but i failed to hack it, needed to warp off but forget to BM...lost bonus room cans.
Ruvin, did russians do the same thing with superior site?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#74 - 2015-01-23 13:17:13 UTC
Ruvin wrote:

With a limited amount of evidence there was a theory that the bonus conts in the main room are substracted from the bonus room since for several people and several tries the total amount of bonus containers was equal to five regardless of the success of hacking the bonus grid.

With more evidence, however, it's likely that bonus containers in the main room and the containers in the bonus room are independent.

Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Ruvin, did russians do the same thing with superior site?

Not entirely.

There are several semi-walkthroughs, but it's understood that the room order may vary. The Archive room is always last, but the solar harvester and the sentries room may swap places. Depending on the room order you probably have different possibilities. I.e. there are at least two ways to spawn a new rift in the sentry room, and in my case (sentry room first) those rifts were leading to different rooms.

The solar harverster room is pretty straightforward - you need to hack the control structure, get an item and place it into the respective can to make the AoE DoT manageable (I think it can be easily tanked by a frig).

The sentry room less so (in my case somebody else was there and apparently failed the hack meant to give you the freindly sentry or just warped out and left it to die). I think hacking the turret repair thingy should heal your turret and spawn a rift to the next room (at least that's how I got to the harvester room). There's also an invulnerability tower that creates a 10s invulnerability cloud that you have to use to pop the barrels (you can pop them without it on your own risk, but a guy in a nestor reported that he used it to bait and pop a small gang of goons that came after him, explosion killing a bunch of assorted T3s, hacs, logis and leaving the nestor in half structure). The explosion also powers up some kind of generator that you can hack to open the second rift (in my case it was to the archive).

The archive room has some clouds of debris (should do moderate AoE damage), the building of the archive itself, 3 storage barrels with spare parts (not all parts are needed to power up the archive) and a structure that makes spawning turrets do less damage.

When you activate the archive, it starts spawning a line of cans mixed with invul towers (something like one tower per 3 cans). A failed hack (including the cans themselves) spawn sentries. After some times massive waves start hitting with a 15s notice (which makes invul towers useless. Unless you can reliably do a difficult hack in under 15 seconds). Over time the massive waves start going more often. I think in their full developed might there are 2 recurring massive waves - one on a 30s and one on a 40-45s timer (so sometimes 2 waves hit together). But they are more or less tankable. The really nasty thing is a colossal wave (goes about every minute I think). Also on 15s notice. It took a third of my legions 80k EHP buffer.

Some guy managed to snag all the stuff in the archive room using a max tank buffer fit tengu with links and several rewarps, put for regular people it's grab all you can get before colossal waves start.
Samantha Calderon
Heavenly Forge
#75 - 2015-01-23 16:05:44 UTC
After doing a couple of these sites, i can say that the Solar room and the Turrets room are easy enough, but the archives is very very dificult. And i still have to find the Mines room.

Wherever I May Roam: Blog sobre EVE Online en castellano!

Sansh Leko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2015-01-24 01:18:29 UTC
Mines room entrance is one of the rifts in Solar room.

Rift closest to the structure you need to hack in order to retrieve Radio/Gamma/etc thingy.

First time I failed Remote reroute hack, but even then message says something like " even tho you failed the hack nearby rift is

redirected".

Take the rift and it will warp you in the Mines room.

Second time I didnt failed Remote reroute hack, and again that same rift leads you to that Room.

Note, if you are in a Cov Ops, or even Astero upon failing the first hack in Mines room say farewell.

That hack is one of the hardest I ever encountered in explo, even with 130 coherence dont get baited in the corner like I did.

Last time in damage log there was 20k+ damage from that explosion.
Samantha Calderon
Heavenly Forge
#77 - 2015-01-24 04:09:55 UTC
Just did my third Superior Sleeper Cache. This one was diferent, the previous two, in the warp-in, left me in the solar room. This last one left me in the turret room. I hacked the turret and the repair station, and after the friendly turret eliminated the others, i proced to loot the cans. Then when i wanted to hack the hyperflux generator, it tells me it needs a lot of kinetik force. I hack the rejuvenation can to get a invul field and pop the plasma containers with missiles. But now it says that the explosion put the security system n alert and i have 60 seconds to get out of there. I could not hack the flux generator in time, and i have to bail out of the place before a big group of turrets spawn. The turret alpha put me in 50% shields before i warped out of there. A minute later, when i warped in to a bookmarked object in the site, it already dispawned. At least i got 70M in loot and a couple of COSMOS/Polarized BPCs.

Wherever I May Roam: Blog sobre EVE Online en castellano!

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#78 - 2015-01-24 09:20:16 UTC
Let's move the discussion about superior sleepers cache here:
Superior sleeper cache

Ppl might be confused about what site we are talking here.

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#79 - 2015-01-26 09:49:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruvin
ill just reply in rhe other thread about large cache .

Iwo Sh'ivah
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2015-02-26 23:29:31 UTC
After few failed attempts managed to do one today.

Landed on site and hacked the cans at first, including pristine one. Left the remote defense grid and the coordinate cans untouched and slow boated to the tractor. Killed the sentry by the tractor and hacked the tractor itself. Then I hacked the cans dragged by the tractor. As I"ve read from the previous posts those are all cans at the site.

Question is - why bother with all that hacking if all u can do is just slow boat to the tractor? Tanking 3 sentries for a while wasn't a problem at all (Legion) and MWD slow boating doesn't take that long. Plus exterminators and corrosive clouds don't spawn at all.

Loot was crap - 40kk What?