These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Standard Sleeper Cache

Author
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#21 - 2014-12-31 21:34:53 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Jeremiah Saken wrote:

Is there margin to fail hack on purpose to reveal secret room and jump into it?

That's what I did.
I hacked the last loot can, got the alarm can, failed it on purpose and burned out to a safe place, then waited for the exterminators to spawn and the middle one to explode.

Which is weird because I didn't fail the alarm unit can, got the bonus can from that, the. A few minutes later the exterminator units came and the bonus room spawned as I was aligning out, made a quick BM as I entered warp and came back to the site and did the bonus room also.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Signal11th
#22 - 2015-01-06 13:26:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Just a couple of my experiences,

Done quite a few of these and they are either buggy or random in design.

I have found you can't find the hidden cans in the high power rift room until the cloud has been triggered, every time I try to do this room before the cloud triggers none of the hidden cans appear, If I trigger then they will appear.

The cloud/GEU hits hard, do these in a Tengu with 90% resists across the board and can only just permatank it. Also you can do the "empty" room and then warp back to the entrance gate to do the rest. the site will disappear from probe scan but if bookmarked it will still be there for awhile.

Whenever I have warped out of the site more than twice no matter how much or little has been done it despawns.

Also if you have watched the JohnnyPew Walkthrough some of the site has changed since then so it's reliable but not 100% anymore.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Kalixian
The Mirrored
#23 - 2015-01-07 21:02:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalixian
I have a few things to add and a few questions.

*You must bookmark inside the site to return. Bookmarking the signature will not help you.

*If you successfully hack the timed trap, you receive a "pristine" loot container. IIRC it contained about 30mil in sleeper loot for me. You CAN still spawn the cloud. Simply fail two hacks on something else (coordinate boxes, defense mechanisms, etc) and an alarm will sound and the cloud will spawn. Someone also mentioned shooting a structure will spawn the cloud.

Question 1: What resists do we need? Someone said EM/Therm for the sentries. Can the cloud be resisted?

Question 2: Does the cloud exist permanently, or does it stop doing damage after the rift opens?
Edit: It exists permanently and continues to do damage. It's AOE appears to be ~70km around the guardian unit.

Question 3: Is there any downside to killing the sentries?
Edit: No, go ahead and kill them.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#24 - 2015-01-08 00:48:36 UTC
Clouds seem to be permanent. Every site that I have found has already had them triggered by someone else who gave up on the site.

And sometimes one of the coordinate cans will be opened, with a player wreck nearby, and no coordinates survived the explosion. So I don't get to use the shortcut machine. Roll
Signal11th
#25 - 2015-01-08 09:16:47 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Clouds seem to be permanent. Every site that I have found has already had them triggered by someone else who gave up on the site.

And sometimes one of the coordinate cans will be opened, with a player wreck nearby, and no coordinates survived the explosion. So I don't get to use the shortcut machine. Roll

That's why you do that bit first so when the cloud does appear you can just burn to the rift (or slowboat it)

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Kalixian
The Mirrored
#26 - 2015-01-08 10:17:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalixian
Found another today and had more success.

* The cloud/GEU definitely remains after you do the rift room and continues to do damage.

* You can kill the sentries, doesn't appear to be any repercussions. They do take some time though.

Signal11th wrote:
I have found you can't find the hidden cans in the high power rift room until the cloud has been triggered, every time I try to do this room before the cloud triggers none of the hidden cans appear, If I trigger then they will appear.

This was my experience. I went to that room and flew around for a while but didn't find any cans. So I returned to the start and hacked the trap can, did the rift, and then slowboated back to the hidden room. But the cloud/GEU was still doing damage so I peaced out, I can't tank it.

I guess you just need a sick ship that can tank the cloud damage in order to do that room? Seems silly.

Got every other can. About 100mil in loot plus some blueprints.
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#27 - 2015-01-08 12:36:40 UTC
Found another site today.

1) Apparently failing a coordinates hack does not raise the alarm level.
2) Sentries have a shooting range of about 200-220km. If you, for example, jump to the middle area, kill the sentry and return to the starting area, the far sentries will stop shooting and will not aggro again when you come back.
3) If you are fast and can hack the trap defence grid, it spawns a bonus can (possibly several? was only one for me) and DOES NOT prevent you from using the bonus room. You can trigger the guardians by failing any defence grid 2 times, wait till the middle one explodes and creates the rift, then jump in and get your bonus room.

PS: yes, killing sentries is absolutely fine.

PPS: I heard you have to bump the cans in the far area to activate them, but they are the same cans you get with the tractor, so the only reason to do so is not to mess with the tractor hack.
Kalixian
The Mirrored
#28 - 2015-01-09 02:40:59 UTC
Do we know what type of damage the sentries do?
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#29 - 2015-01-09 08:16:45 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:

Found few with clouds triggered on all "pockets". Bit strange, there was no rift to hidden room and tractor beam was intact. I thought when we fail on "surprise can" in first pocket we get cloud in first one only.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

seroela
An My
#30 - 2015-01-09 14:09:24 UTC  |  Edited by: seroela
Hi,

I did now a few of them and i am still confused and never able to do all areas in one go.

scanning and sentries are no problem (i am just tanking them)

edit: after i did some more of them and reading more carefully ecspecially what Torgeir Hekard said:

i got now how to get the bonus room.

and secondly

today again "you successfully access the Immobile TB" but in the next second: "the TB has powered down permanently"

again thanks to Torgeir Hekard, couldnt figure out on my own, that the backward containers are the one that the tractor is pulling. so i guess i got the a bit missleading msg after i did the backward area and went on with the tractor.

what is still not so clear to me:
somewhere a devs said, if i a particular container in the first area is hacked the site vanish from the overview and can despawn at warpout, wasnt like that for me either..

and what i dont like too much:
as i/ we need to warpout or cloak in the site because of too much dmg taken or neut in system, i dont understand the need of that the site (not the sig) is despawning so fast (1 min or a bit more)
Benjin
Aliastra
#31 - 2015-01-12 11:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Benjin
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Mmmkay.

So you'll need about 100 probe strength (maybe a bit less. Reported being scannable with 97) and T2 analyzers.

Yesterday i found a standard sleeper cache with about 90 probe strength. I dont think they require more strength then a usual weak signature.
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#32 - 2015-01-12 13:17:34 UTC
Benjin wrote:

Yesterday i found a standard sleeper cache with about 90 probe strength. I dont think they require more strength then a usual weak signature.

The usual weak signal can be probed down by an unbonused hull without implants, rigs or scan modules. I don't think you can do that with a standard sleeper cache.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-01-13 21:40:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Benjin wrote:

The usual weak signal can be probed down by an unbonused hull without implants, rigs or scan modules. I don't think you can do that with a standard sleeper cache.

I can confirm that 76 strength is not sufficient for a standard cache, and I'm quite good at unbonused probing and don't need more than 4 iterations for a crystal quarry.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#34 - 2015-01-14 07:11:42 UTC
I did one yesterday in other way that i did it before.
Warped to first area, did 2 containers and left the outermost. Hacked x,y,z device and jumped to tractor beam.
Sentries start to shoot so i disable the closest one. Hacked tractor beam and started to hack cans (really good loot, fairy was
generous). In half way i needed to warped off because of damage from sentries, bookmarked (buffer tank tengu). Jump in again and
hacked defense unit in first area. Sentries became crosseyed. Looted rest of the cans, warped off and jump in again to check fail twice last can. Couldn't do it (fail on purpose) so i just hacked it, then hacked spawned defence unit and bonus container emerges. In about minute site despawned.
Next time i will fail on purpose on spawned defence unit.
It's really shame there are no two end rifts between areas. Slowboating is lame.
Can anybody confirm that the outmost container despawn the site?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#35 - 2015-01-14 10:26:08 UTC
Failing on purpose is easy - you just have to cancel the hack either by going out of range or by closing the window.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#36 - 2015-01-14 10:39:04 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Failing on purpose is easy - you just have to cancel the hack either by going out of range or by closing the window.

I think i tried to fail wrong container. Loot container was unfailable after whole site done. There was a message that i have no skills or something. So i hacked it. After defence unit showed up i hack it at first time so rift had no chance to spawn.

Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#37 - 2015-01-14 11:17:35 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Torgeir Hekard wrote:

I think i tried to fail wrong container. Loot container was unfailable after whole site done. There was a message that i have no skills or something. So i hacked it. After defence unit showed up i hack it at first time so rift had no chance to spawn.

You can spawn the rift after you hacked the bonus defence grid in time.
You just have to have at least one more unhacked defence grid.
In my case I don't bother hacking the tractor defence grid and just kill the sentry. Then I have an untouched defence grid near the tractor, and if I manage to hack the bonus one in time, I just fail the tractor one till the guards show up and get the rift.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#38 - 2015-01-14 11:33:19 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
You can spawn the rift after you hacked the bonus defence grid in time.
You just have to have at least one more unhacked defence grid.
In my case I don't bother hacking the tractor defence grid and just kill the sentry. Then I have an untouched defence grid near the tractor, and if I manage to hack the bonus one in time, I just fail the tractor one till the guards show up and get the rift.

I think it will take some time with my rlml setup on tengu, last time i was shooting sentries on SiSi whole clip went to strip their shield.
How the defence grid units works anyway?
There are 3 sentries at warp up: 2 at far distance, one near tractor beam.
The tractor beam defence disables the one within tractor beam
Starting area one does something with farest ones
and the one within structure with cloaked cans?

Benjin
Aliastra
#39 - 2015-01-14 11:40:45 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Benjin wrote:

I can confirm that 76 strength is not sufficient for a standard cache, and I'm quite good at unbonused probing and don't need more than 4 iterations for a crystal quarry.

According to this blog, the weakest cosmic signatures are scannable with about 95 strength and even a bit less. I guess this applies to the standard caches aswell.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#40 - 2015-01-14 11:51:29 UTC
Benjin wrote:
According to this blog, the weakest cosmic signatures are scannable with about 95 strength and even a bit less. I guess this applies to the standard caches aswell.

I found one in hisec onec, when in Astero. With T2 launcher and 1xSGCU i managed to scan it down, but after a real struggle. Sensor strenght after EFT=104.