These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rhea Feedback

First post First post
Author
Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#621 - 2014-12-11 07:47:05 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
I miss this so much... the new UI doesn't even compare to this...

Also check out the colour of the Gila... i miss this colour also... Shocked


Indeed...good days

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Quadima
HyperDreams Studios
#622 - 2014-12-11 07:48:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Quadima
Constantin Makanen wrote:
Please stop bitching around for no reason


Let's say you take your car to the paint shop to give it a nice red shiny fresh look, and instead you receive a fugly manure green color with
brownish stains and a lot of scratches ...

Then you ask "What the f*** is this ?? I wanted a nice shiny red paint job and I get this??
What if the shop owner answers "ADAPT TO IT".

You adapt or punch him in the face ?
I guess the answer is pretty clear...
Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#623 - 2014-12-11 07:55:39 UTC
Phice Anxu wrote:
Why did CCP change it while it wasn't broken ?



Its what they do, and seems to be ingrained into their philosophy.

Why waste valuable developer time fixing things that are broken when they can break something else.


Aaaaaaaaaand.....God forbid them keeping their "promises" and revisiting previous screw ups to finish "iterations":

That is the tootip fiasco where they said they would provide delay sliders for each type of tooltip. That was 6 months ago and we are still waiting.


Ferking hopeless.

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#624 - 2014-12-11 08:08:59 UTC
Tex Steele wrote:

LISTEN to our feedback, MAKE the appropriate changes and then, at a later time, roll out a new UI if you must.




You must be new here....

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Julia Snoways
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#625 - 2014-12-11 08:10:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Julia Snoways
Constantin Makanen wrote:

Give it a try, play some weeks and you will adapt to them.
After this, you can post your review.

Cons

Says the guy who wrote:
Constantin Makanen wrote:
I like the new UI but I couldnt play the game realy, since my graphic card is broken. But still, I like the look. Cons


This sounds a bit illogical. What you expect of others apply to yourself first, then someone will be able to take you seriously. Maybe. You are either trolling or a designer who produced this nosepicked UI. You are the one who shouldnt be here in the first place because you have no reason to defend the new UI either. People don't want it to be removed. All we ask is an option to modify it or an option to bring the CLASSIC UI back. Thats it. Your done. Bye.

As for me I find this game unplayable and i really used to like it just having played for 3 weeks. Now UI is too alien to the rest of the game. it's alien to traditional values of articity. Since not too long ago I started to pay a lot more attention to my eyes, so I don't play hardcore anymore, I even had to buy a new PC screen. So it was mining and some exploration I did and enjoyed for it being restful and fun. Since Rhea I stopped launching this game.
Constantin Makanen
#626 - 2014-12-11 08:13:18 UTC
Quadima wrote:
Let's say you take your car to the paint shop to give it a nice red shiny fresh look, and instead you receive a fugly manure green color with
brownish stains and a lot of scratches ...

Then you ask "What the f*** is this ?? I wanted a nice shiny red paint job and I get this??
What if the shop owner answers "ADAPT TO IT".

You adapt or punch him in the face ?
I guess the answer is pretty clear...


Thing is, I didnt took my car to the paint shop at all. I was surprised just like everyone else, but I am not bitching around because of problems that are related with my habits.

I am talking about the UI. Give it a try, at least some weeks. After this we can talk about the usability.

People are pissed because they have to learn some things, that belong to the basics.
Complaining because of this sound pretty stupid to me.


Cons
DUBLYUR
Doomheim
#627 - 2014-12-11 08:21:29 UTC
My opinion of the patch - money back.
Misunderstood Genius
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#628 - 2014-12-11 08:23:56 UTC
Quadima wrote:
Constantin Makanen wrote:
Please stop bitching around for no reason


Let's say you take your car to the paint shop to give it a nice red shiny fresh look, and instead you receive a fugly manure green color with
brownish stains and a lot of scratches ...

Then you ask "What the f*** is this ?? I wanted a nice shiny red paint job and I get this??
What if the shop owner answers "ADAPT TO IT".

You adapt or punch him in the face ?
I guess the answer is pretty clear...


Here we have the problem. It's YOUR CAR. But it's NOT YOUR EVE. Your are not a client. You are a customer. An end user.
Misunderstood Genius
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#629 - 2014-12-11 08:25:53 UTC
DUBLYUR wrote:
My opinion of the patch - money back.


You don't pay CCP for making the game how you want. You are not a client. I would recommend to unsub to solve the issue and save money.
Constantin Makanen
#630 - 2014-12-11 08:38:32 UTC
Julia Snoways wrote:
This sounds a bit illogical.


No, its not. I use a second system. A cheap notebook.
Good enough to skill and trade in Jita.

Julia Snoways wrote:
What you expect of others apply to yourself first, then someone will be able to take you seriously. Maybe. You are either trolling or a designer who produced this nosepicked UI.


I liked that one.Cool

Julia Snoways wrote:
You are the one who shouldnt be here in the first place because you have no reason to defend the new UI either.


Of course I have. Saw it, liked it, will test it.

Julia Snoways wrote:
People don't want it to be removed.
All we ask is an option to modify it or an option to bring the CLASSIC UI back. Thats it. Your done. Bye.


Speak for yourself, some people want it to be removed.

All I ask is to give it some time, after some weeks we can talk about the usability.
I know, its way too much to ask for, right you dinosaur?

Julia Snoways wrote:
As for me I find this game unplayable and i really used to like it just having played for 3 weeks. Now UI is too alien to the rest of the game. it's alien to traditional values of articity. Since not too long ago I started to pay a lot more attention to my eyes, so I don't play hardcore anymore, I even had to buy a new PC screen. So it was mining and some exploration I did and enjoyed for it being restful and fun. Since Rhea I stopped launching this game.


Just what I am talking about. Complaining because of habits and without sense or need...Roll


Cons
Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#631 - 2014-12-11 08:40:42 UTC
Presidente Gallente wrote:


The sense of the GUI is to control and communicate. From my pov it can't be simple enough. Less is more here. For what you need a colorful overdone GUI what will cover the main reason why we play EVE: spaceships in space. The EVE forums are mainly not really representing the opinion of the whole playerbase. Internet forums were made for grumpy smart-a**es never been satisfied. Twisted



Or smug bas tards who do not appreciate the opinions of other people.

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#632 - 2014-12-11 09:10:36 UTC
Eraza wrote:

Now I think I will pray CCP is mature enough to admit fault and at least let us choose between the old and new..


LOL

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

flaming phantom
Unlimited LTD
#633 - 2014-12-11 09:31:19 UTC
I like it. A little dissapointed that my purple HUD is gone, but the default brown-red minmatar one is alright.
Mara Gus
Doomheim
#634 - 2014-12-11 09:44:48 UTC
Worrff wrote:
Phice Anxu wrote:
Why did CCP change it while it wasn't broken ?



Its what they do, and seems to be ingrained into their philosophy.

Why waste valuable developer time fixing things that are broken when they can break something else.


Aaaaaaaaaand.....God forbid them keeping their "promises" and revisiting previous screw ups to finish "iterations":

That is the tootip fiasco where they said they would provide delay sliders for each type of tooltip. That was 6 months ago and we are still waiting.


Ferking hopeless.


y ccp wey to forse ppl to no play
Heinrich Rotwang
Spectre Fleet Corporation
#635 - 2014-12-11 09:53:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Heinrich Rotwang
Feedback V2.0 after playing for a while:

a) Let me start with something positive (as it has been pointed out people mostly take their complaints to the feedback threads): _outstanding_ work on the Blackbird hulls. This is exactly how I always wanted them to look like. Best warp animation in the game so far. To whoever made those new ship models: here is one guy you made really happy. Even better, that the T2 versions got slightly different models. Thats the way to go.

b) This is how most of my ships went from now-fugly back to looking awesome: turn all grafic settings to maximum*. I was running with lowered shaders and AA because in the past that made a certain bomber FC shout at me for disconnecting and decloaking the whole fleet. Let's see how setting them to maximum plays out for me over time. Some old hulls really profit from the new renderer. The raptor now looks like a raptor. Crow is looking amazing.

c) Icons and UI: Goodbye blur and hello Carbon Theme - transparent slider went a good portion to the left and I'm good to go. And well, Icons - they are still hard to recognize but that is how it used to be in the past and I'm using keyboard shortcuts anyways - Unix oldschool ftw. The only ones I'm having a hard time with are the icons of station services. Because that were the ones I was actually using a lot.

d) Thera turned out to be good fun and a new entry on my list of places to check for whats going. I always liked the wormhole mechanics so much better than gate mechanics - I'm almost tempted to say, make more wormholes that lead from hisec to null/lowsec - that is going to fill those empty tumbleweed systems pretty fast with curious explorers.

Ive got one request. Now that the Rook hull got that outstanding new look, could we by any chance see it put in a place where there are more reasons to fly it over a blackbird or falcon? Because the way this ship is now, you end up with either an overpriced blackbird or a falcon that can't cloak, depending on how you fit it.


* or did something get patched over night?
Sollis Vynneve
Destructive Silence
#636 - 2014-12-11 09:58:12 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Ewron Black wrote:
Altrue wrote:
Butzewutze wrote:
U know whats bullshlt? -> Clicky

This was better some patches ago.


Right, why is the black outline gone?

Gavreel Moksh wrote:
CCP please take the flashing away every time you click a tab. Not only is it pointless and adds nothing to the game but after a small amount of time playing I felt sick ,really sick. I suffer with migraines and light sensitivity. If this isn't rectified I will have no choice but to unsub all my accounts.


Isn't that a bit overdramatic?

You know what no its not a bit dramatic its a serious issue that you cant just make light of. She has an issue one that this game only now makes worse. But only since this update/expansion bs. I for one concur with her I am not sensitive to things like these but even I felt like I was getting one serious headache after an hour or so of playing. That tells me this is a serious issue that should have been caught and fixed PRIOR to launching it. But thats just one humble opinion make light of it but know I think less of you for trying to shame someone with a serious issue. Hope you enjoy being less them scum.
Yeah the simple truth about the new dynamic window brightness effect is:

. It serves no funcional purpose except maybe increasing transparency when clicking in space, to better observe the tactical situation. But even then, 1) it only really works with blur disabled (or else you can't even see brackets under the windows!) 2) whether you're PVPing or PVEing, you'll always have your eyes shifting from space to windows (especially the overview), I really cannot understand why CCP would think that a 'variable brightness' overview is more easily readable than a simple 'static brightness' overview

. It's totally useless when you're docked and managing market orders, industry, fitting ships or chatting

. It's way overdone: the whole client darkening every time something pops up? Like, for example, the N. of items selection when you're splitting stacks. Why do we need such dramatic effects for simple mundane activities, that in certain occasions (for example: trading, ship fitting, etc.) have to be done repeatedly and quickly?

. Apparently several people don't care, that's cool, but many others find it quite distracting and hindering the readability of the windows. Aren't windows supposed to convey information in an immediate and clear fashion? How is constatly changing colors/brightness supposed to improve the readability of the information???

. Some people are apparently more sensitive than others, so instead of being just annoyed by the effect (like me) they're actually finding it unbearable. This seems quite plausible, people are different, some just can't stand constant monitor flashiness, what's so hard to understand about that? Yeah some people may be exaggerating a bit but I'm sure at least a few are honestly having issues


So TL;DR why can't we just TURN OFF the dynamic brightness? I'm no expert but I assume it would at least slightly improve performance on low-end machines, too!


Please CCP just add a nice little tickable box in the ESC Menu: Dynamic Window Brightness ON/OFF. Easy peasy


I don't normally suffer from headaches but playing eve on the day of rhea release I felt like my head had been hit by a truck. Haven't played since then.
Ichneumonidae
London Elektricity
#637 - 2014-12-11 09:58:14 UTC
about the new Map
1. looks nice but statistics tab is not working properly
2. for travel management the old map works better ( information is displayed when hovering over jump gates with pointer)
3. suggestion: make the map drag-able on a second display (main eve client runs on 1st and map on 2nd)

about the user interface
1.icons are nicer
2. colours are too much
Aiyshimin
Shiva Furnace
#638 - 2014-12-11 09:59:39 UTC
Orchid Fury wrote:
Presidente Gallente wrote:

Because it's new. That's the simple answer here. CCP made changes and many people are not able to deal with changes. Text like here in this post/thread is also looking the same all the time but when you start to read it it becomes sense. Same with the icons. Get familar with them how you got familar with the old icons. If someone would completely change your GUI layout you would feel lost in the first minutes. Using a GUI is becoming intuitive when you get used to it like knowing where menues are. Finally you use icons blindly because of how you placed them. Beside that people have a different taste for design. Fair enough. I swear if we had the new icons before and now the old ones we end up in a similar thread and people want the former ones back.


no the iconization is horrible, otherwise people would not be complaining or having get used to it. good iconization is if the meaning represented by the icon is instantly recognized without having to remember it. the icon has to transport that thru its representation. an icon shall not just be a placeholder that you need to remember in order to get where you want. the new icons sadly fail in this regard.


Or maybe you just have to accept the fact that you are wrong?

Unlike the old icons, the new ones are clear and logically represent the feature they are linked to. For the first time in EVE, people are actually able to know what the icon does without learning it by trial and error. The old icons never worked this well, even after years of use.

Julia Snoways
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#639 - 2014-12-11 10:03:36 UTC
What surprises most is dev's attitude towards an issue. People argue and conflict and they just cant be assed to shed some light. And it is not because they ashamed to show up in their own thread, and it's not about locking up this thread. Rather they don't really need to show up, since trolls are their good representitives.
Paxille
Doomheim
#640 - 2014-12-11 10:34:15 UTC
I Wish I could still customize the UI colours. Or at least, have the option to get the old colour theme back.

And I agree 100% with this :

Ines Tegator wrote:


  • I noticed this morning that ALL the open windows fade while you are dragging the camera around, making them more transparent. They then darken when you stop rotating. This is VERY DISTRACTING. It's like having more moving objects on screen- it draws your eyes to it. Make it stop.

  • Same for fading them in to highlight the active window. I mentioned this in previous post, but it's really annoying, so I'll mention it again. Using the border highlight is more then enough, don't change the readability of the window while I'm in the midst of reading it. Example: I will read my overview, looking for a ship to target. I then click on said ship to target it, and the overview fades from deep, high contrast black to a medium contrast gray with bright highlight blocks on selected text. Now I have to RE-read the overview window to orient my eyes to the new look. This is A. NOY. ING. It's bad. Stop it.

  • Did I mention that the icons are ugly? I think I mentioned that. Maybe even more then once. Or did I? Here, I'll mention it. Just one more time. To be sure. They're ugly. They look like 1997 era Microsoft Office. They are actually harder to use because they have no color or borders and just blend in with each other. They are bad. Bad bad bad. As in, the opposite of good. Bad.