These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP - Nerf Wife Aggro

First post First post
Author
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#1 - 2014-12-08 06:52:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Ruckert
CCP needs to nerf wife aggro.

You know, those times when you are deep into a fleet op, industry spread sheets, or taking a well-deserved snooze while AFK mining, and the wife pops into your Manputer Cave to annoy you with idle chat, questions about the day at work, or to complain about chores you haven't done.

CCP - skillbook for Wife Aggro please with quick training to Level 5 please for maximum effect. Next upgrade soonest.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#2 - 2014-12-12 20:26:11 UTC
You need to train Metagaming to V.

Unfortunately, CCP doesn't seed that skillbook.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Iain Cariaba
#3 - 2014-12-14 19:21:11 UTC
Just train a level in Divorce, like I did a few years ago, and Wife Aggro goes away.
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-01-01 14:29:10 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Just train a level in Divorce, like I did a few years ago, and Wife Aggro goes away.
The only problem with this is that she'll often take the car and the house with her ....

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

Amarrian Tibor
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-01-02 04:56:40 UTC
Concord Guy's Cousin wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Just train a level in Divorce, like I did a few years ago, and Wife Aggro goes away.
The only problem with this is that she'll often take the car and the house with her ....



That should be the side effect of the skillbook, Lol.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-01-02 06:59:12 UTC
My wife wanted a Divorce for Christmas but whe I checked it cost too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx24WZ8Cf78

(joke, coming up on 25 years of marriage and we are both too stubborn to quit)

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-01-03 20:50:43 UTC
Generally threads like this are more productive if OP suggests a few ideas on where and how things in questions should be nerfed...
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#8 - 2015-01-05 13:42:42 UTC
Michael Ruckert wrote:
CCP needs to nerf wife aggro.
No they don't. If they would, they would cut into their own profits 15-20 years from now. I mean, no wife agro is less future EvE players born.
Who would raise the next generation of EvE players if EvE players do not want to do so themselves? Shocked

Mike Azariah wrote:
...coming up on 25 years of marriage and we are both too stubborn to quit ...
22 years on the marriage clock here, also both stubborn as hell...Blink

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#9 - 2015-01-05 16:27:26 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Michael Ruckert wrote:
CCP needs to nerf wife aggro.
No they don't. If they would, they would cut into their own profits 15-20 years from now. I mean, no wife agro is less future EvE players born.
Who would raise the next generation of EvE players if EvE players do not want to do so themselves? Shocked

Mike Azariah wrote:
...coming up on 25 years of marriage and we are both too stubborn to quit ...
22 years on the marriage clock here, also both stubborn as hell...Blink


In 15-20 years, genetic engineering will be in place. EVE men will request clones be engineered to play EVE. No wife aggro. PROFIT.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

corebloodbrothers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-01-06 08:46:56 UTC
The trick is invest

During the day, invest in doing the dishes, tasks, prep the kids early for bed, start with bedtime stories right atfhrr dinner. Give your wife her favourite tb show, make her some tea, . Dont tell her you love her, cause she s start to suspect ... As thats way out the regurlar.

I run fixed times, 20.00 eve time till 2300 , wife hapoy, kids happy, and stil la good husband and father

If that all fails: honey me playing eve is the best thing ever happening, i dont drink anymore, i dont look at other woman, i am home, and we save butt loads of money.. Btw... Fanfest... U always wanted to visit iceland rigt.....
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#11 - 2015-01-23 05:36:52 UTC
Lol. When I get the look (and I probably deserved it), I sign in to the Netflix account, the Kindle purchase history, start making a few comparisons, subtracting time at work, time on lawn, time at the gym. Then I started making a long Amazon purchase list for a new scope for my rifle, new gear and sleep bag, some golfing stuff, a motorcycle helmet... I've only ever had to do this once and it was a bad move, even if it was a trump card. Eve most definitely saves me money, but that being said I try not to be an ass to set myself up to lose what I'm trying to save for.

Moderation, my friend. Keep the long sessions on ur days off.
Incestuous Criticism
#12 - 2015-01-26 21:25:20 UTC
My ex wife did not like me on EVE, even though I don't smoke, gamble or drink too much.
So I recommend training divorce level 5. Yes she got the house, but I got investment property and the kids.

No I am in the process of training girl friend level 5 which has prereq of this is me level 3.
She has no issues with me playing EVE - awesome and even encourages me to have a beer while I do.

If she wants my attention, she grabs it - really she does.

Shocked
Tora Bushido
G0P-ST0P
P I R A T
#13 - 2015-01-31 14:28:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
corebloodbrothers wrote:
The trick is invest

During the day, invest in doing the dishes, tasks, prep the kids early for bed, start with bedtime stories right atfhrr dinner. Give your wife her favourite tb show, make her some tea, . Dont tell her you love her, cause she s start to suspect ... As thats way out the regurlar.

I run fixed times, 20.00 eve time till 2300 , wife hapoy, kids happy, and stil la good husband and father

If that all fails: honey me playing eve is the best thing ever happening, i dont drink anymore, i dont look at other woman, i am home, and we save butt loads of money.. Btw... Fanfest... U always wanted to visit iceland rigt.....
Exactly what I do. 100% success rate. Dont forget the compliments! And yes, Iceland needs more prep work. So I'll be going to Fanfest next year. Twisted

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Anthar Thebess
#14 - 2015-02-03 14:49:46 UTC
Nothing like "come i need to talk about something" and you are in the middle of siege or one of the few logistics keeping fleet alive.
On the others side , TIDI put some interesting possibilities.
When you are in the battleship, you can do shopping AND take your dog to walk , while the guns cycle.

Can we get skill.
Initiate EVE wide TIDI?
Jokku
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-02-17 20:33:24 UTC
Funny, was in a fleet last night and we were talking about this same subject.. We were talking about how all of us married men had Wife AGro trained to 5 and even Advanced Wife AG to 4. This should suffice, we thought. One guy piped up and said, "If you're still having wife ag problems you should train jewly gifting to 5". I told him that I got podded out of that years ago..




Here is to all our wifes that put up with our love affair with the most jealous woman of all, E V E.


May they put up for us for many years to come! o7



Love you Becky.
Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-02-21 05:02:10 UTC
The best way to avoid wife aggro is to make sure you spend your share of time tending to the light drones, and spring for the faction and deadspace stuff come birthday and anniversary time.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.