These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Players Police.

First post
Author
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-12-08 01:51:13 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Neat. Its this thread again!

There is nothing stopping you from hunting suspects and criminals. If you want to play policeman, do it in a Police Comet if that floats your boat and/or tickles thy pickle. You can tell them to pull over in local as well as maybe tell them to 'Freeze!', oh.. and don't forget to wear the big ass cop sunglasses, and maybe a throw on a lip caterpillar for good measure. Remember to ask them if they know why you pulled them over, or else the whole thing just loses something.

You really need to join us in crime and punishment more often.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#42 - 2014-12-08 02:18:00 UTC
Azov Rassau wrote:
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
CODE seems to be a group of interest which kill miners who mine too much.
Do i understand well ?

Yes, they kill miners. In fact, when it comes to CODE. , I think of a group of players who blow up spaceships in a game about blowing up spaceships. Certainly, some of them take their RP too far, but at the end of the day, it's all about having fun in Highsec. A 'normal' EVE player knows that they aren't RL sociopaths or murderers.

They also create opportunities for others to test the 'player police' gameplay. (or, "vigilante", lol). For example, when I first noticed their ganking ops as a miner, I simply fitted gallente jammers on my Skiff and started protecting nearby miners by jamming the Catalysts who tried to gank them.

I can assure you, there is great fun in jamming those Catalysts while mining, and preventing the gank long before the stupid automatic NPC CONCORD arrival. In other words, you replace CONCORD in a much more successful way.
"Ganker Tears, Best Tears. Vigilante Bears, Best Bears."

I find it odd that you weaken your Skiff's tank in order to protect your direct competition, but hey, we all do strange things for the lulz sometimes.

If you want to really protect them, you could also advise them to purchase mining permits, follow the CODE, and teach them vigilance to help them avoid non-CODE. player hazards.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#43 - 2014-12-08 02:58:58 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I find it odd that you weaken your Skiff's tank in order to protect your direct competition, but hey, we all do strange things for the lulz sometimes.

Middle-class, white, suburban family types. Their closest brushes with some kind of unfairness in life come from having to go to the DMV to renew their driver licenses. I know people like this. The world is beautiful, peaceful, and joyful, and man strives to help man, as the soccer moms fill up their cars and bring groceries home to their 4-bedroom homes every Friday. To lie is a sin (the pastor said so), and the bad things only happen far, far away, to people who (probably) deserve them.

Like I said, I know these people. "Sheltered" doesn't even begin to describe them. They're the ones who wage holy crusades against scamming and ganking, because just the notion of such concepts risks upsetting their very existence (shattering the glass dome, so to say). I've met miners/mission runners who've told me that taking from them/killing them in the game is no different than doing the same to them in real life.

So yes, some will see themselves as better off if they help the competition because they ignorantly view their activities as helping to achieve some kind of greater good.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-12-08 04:01:27 UTC

I apologize, but I have to say this.

Bad boys, bad boys, whatchu gonna do when they come for you?

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Arancar Australis
Dead Sun Rising Enterprises
#45 - 2014-12-08 04:06:32 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Azov Rassau wrote:
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
CODE seems to be a group of interest which kill miners who mine too much.
Do i understand well ?

Yes, they kill miners. In fact, when it comes to CODE. , I think of a group of players who blow up spaceships in a game about blowing up spaceships. Certainly, some of them take their RP too far, but at the end of the day, it's all about having fun in Highsec. A 'normal' EVE player knows that they aren't RL sociopaths or murderers.

They also create opportunities for others to test the 'player police' gameplay. (or, "vigilante", lol). For example, when I first noticed their ganking ops as a miner, I simply fitted gallente jammers on my Skiff and started protecting nearby miners by jamming the Catalysts who tried to gank them.

I can assure you, there is great fun in jamming those Catalysts while mining, and preventing the gank long before the stupid automatic NPC CONCORD arrival. In other words, you replace CONCORD in a much more successful way.

If you want to really protect them, you could also advise them to purchase mining permits, follow the CODE, and teach them vigilance to help them avoid non-CODE. player hazards.

Really has the publicity for code. been lacking of late? Lol

I love a roleplay as much as the next person, but you are pushing the boundaries in regards to supposedly saving high sec. Lets call it what it is, an extortion racket based upon how you view the game should be played (play my way/pay up or else). You can wrap it all up in a nice fuzzy feeling about teaching players how big and bad EVE is, but ultimately you are playing at being a evangelical host that has a narrow view on how the game should be played.

Since you are teaching out of the kindness of your hearts, why not do it for free, since you have received over 500 billion in ahem donations to the cause.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2014-12-08 05:15:31 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Neat. Its this thread again!

There is nothing stopping you from hunting suspects and criminals. If you want to play policeman, do it in a Police Comet if that floats your boat and/or tickles thy pickle. You can tell them to pull over in local as well as maybe tell them to 'Freeze!', oh.. and don't forget to wear the big ass cop sunglasses, and maybe a throw on a lip caterpillar for good measure. Remember to ask them if they know why you pulled them over, or else the whole thing just loses something.

Every time Tso's goes out on a Cop Comet roam..... just ask the Min FW kids.... :)

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
NFain
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2014-12-08 05:38:02 UTC
The biggest reason we think we need them is also the biggest reason why it wont happen. Ganking.
Azov Rassau
Iron Destiny
#48 - 2014-12-08 07:03:53 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Azov Rassau wrote:

Exactly. I did it because it's fun. I don't really care about yield and the Skiff is rarely ganked, especially if you check d-Scan all the time like I do. So why not use all those low and mid slots to do original things like that? I have stopped many ganks with that Skiff, collected large amounts of ganker tears in a form of heavy water commodity, and asked them to get "ganking permits" in Local.

It's all about contributing to emergent gameplay and enjoying the damn game instead of complaining, and that is more important than the boring "mining competition" or the "Middle-class, white, suburban family types" example given by the other guy. What?

Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Teaching them vigilance is a must indeed. I have written a guide for Highsec miners about the importance of D-Scan, and I also insist on the importance of general spatial awareness whenever possible.

Be the change you want to see in Highsec.

Anti-Ganking Fun: www.gankerjamming.com

XeX Znndstrup
#49 - 2014-12-08 07:05:28 UTC
CODE has no killing right if they are assasins.
They are under the law, under CONCORD law and local polices law.

But CODE is not the subject.

Assasins are.

Judge of The Law Organization and President of Stellar Order.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light". John Milton, Lost Paradise.

@ /// f

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#50 - 2014-12-08 09:02:11 UTC
removed some colorful commentary. Keep it on topic, civil, and leave RL stuff out of it. Only warning you'll recieve on the matter.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2014-12-08 11:39:47 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
CODE has no killing right if they are assasins.
They are under the law, under CONCORD law and local polices law.

But CODE is not the subject.

Assasins are.

so, you become one, in order to kill one.

very Nietzschian of you, fair capsuleer.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

XeX Znndstrup
#52 - 2014-12-08 12:40:06 UTC  |  Edited by: XeX Znndstrup
Killing with a killing right is under the Law.
Killing an outlaw under -5.0 security status is under the Law.

Killing without a killing right is out of the Law.
Killing a positive security status capsuleer is out of the Law.
CONCORD principles must help you how to behave.

It is individual responsability to decide to kill out these principles.
If CONCORD do the job in High sec, The Law will also do the job against outlaws.
If CONCORD charges also them anywhere out of High sec, we will be the armed wing of
a justice without weakness.

Here is the start of a new era.
No identified corporation.
No Alliance.
Only an organisation against those who like flesh for flesh.
With agents, with mercenaries, alone, within their corps or
alliances.

I am not the character you could kill to avoid it.
I am only his messenger.

All money and all ships are and will be there to
track the wicked.
Long will be the road for him, and difficult, to go from sin to light.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light". John Milton, Lost Paradise.

@ /// f

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#53 - 2014-12-08 12:45:46 UTC
To get you started I would suggest acquiring this.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Roche Pso
Deltole Research Labs
#54 - 2014-12-08 13:15:05 UTC
Quote:
Quote:
there is no other reason than beeing a psychopat assassin.

I fail to see how unleashing a swarm of stinging flying insects on someone who crazily touches you quickly and gently with the flat of his hand until you die, has any relevance.

I am literally crying into my keyboard right now and my sides are starting to hurt!
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#55 - 2014-12-08 13:47:27 UTC
No if you give a play an inch of power they will take a fn mile and then you would find yourself combatting these oppressive corrupt police

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-12-08 14:17:25 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
It's the idea.
But i am thinking about something more official, more legal.

We vote for a CSM.
It could be interesting to vote for police members paid by the community to protect their diary life in space.

Not a reactive police only.
A pro active police.

Assassins must be punished by the law.

Oooh, that will end well.

I can already see it...the tears of all the high-sec people that will rage-quit because the "voted by the people" police kills off all mining etc

Where can I vote for this...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2014-12-08 14:32:38 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
Killing with a killing right is under the Law.
Killing an outlaw under -5.0 security status is under the Law.

Killing without a killing right is out of the Law.
Killing a positive security status capsuleer is out of the Law.
CONCORD principles must help you how to behave.

It is individual responsability to decide to kill out these principles.
If CONCORD do the job in High sec, The Law will also do the job against outlaws.
If CONCORD charges also them anywhere out of High sec, we will be the armed wing of
a justice without weakness.

Here is the start of a new era.
No identified corporation.
No Alliance.
Only an organisation against those who like flesh for flesh.
With agents, with mercenaries, alone, within their corps or
alliances.

I am not the character you could kill to avoid it.
I am only his messenger.

All money and all ships are and will be there to
track the wicked.
Long will be the road for him, and difficult, to go from sin to light.

killing is killing, end of.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

XeX Znndstrup
#58 - 2014-12-08 14:52:12 UTC
You should see the difference.
You will see the difference.

@ /// f

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-12-08 15:02:43 UTC
Ditch Faction Police --> neg. sec status players could roam freely and be shootable by anyone

Deny highsec docking rights to neg. sec status players --> they would have to reship either in lowsec (you could camp the highsec gate, for a change) at a POS (you can wardec it and shoot it or force them to take it down) or at an Orca (low-ish smb seems impractical to me, but if not you could scan it down and shoot at players while they're reshipping)

I wonder if anyone would bother though: if you're decent at PVP and you're not a ganker, you don't live in highsec.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Cassie Celestis
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-12-08 16:15:56 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

But the Code is the law?

I suddently had a flashback.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolk_rDA9xU

Damn you now I gotta watch the whole movie again..