These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Some people have too much ISK? Bond worth 23,520 DOLLARS

First post First post
Author
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2014-12-04 07:12:06 UTC
Some one should find that screen shot of 2000 plex in a hanger
Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#82 - 2014-12-04 07:39:37 UTC
Marcus Tedric wrote:

I strongly suspect that the 'really rich' characters in EVE are ones who can do proper maths and know that what is referred to as 'trillions' is in fact 'billions'.Big smile

Your post is the equivalent of an American trying to smugly correct someone's spelling when they type colour. Morons are an international constant Ugh
KalaaZero
ROTICORP
#83 - 2014-12-04 07:46:30 UTC
Reading this and thinking. My plex is running out next week, and i don't have the isk to buy another Cry
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#84 - 2014-12-04 08:04:04 UTC
Askiras Grey wrote:
So...

Let us say 1t veldspar (this being Chribba Blink)

1t ISK is worth about 1,176 ish PLEX
1,176 PLEX is worth about 23,520 DOLLARS Shocked

That is a lot of dollars worth of veldspar Twisted

But not even close to the $$$ I could have earned the last 11 years if I didn't play - so not even a tempting number to ruin 11+ years worth of investment for.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#85 - 2014-12-04 08:08:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Quote:
Bond worth 23,520 DOLLARS

Wat?

Can't be.
Since when you can exchange PLEX bought for ISK ingame to dollars in real life legally?

RMT is bad, m'kay?
Pelle Wittewoa
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2014-12-04 10:20:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelle Wittewoa
Highest i hve seen is double digit tril. It was last year christmas eve and he was giving away isk in the noob channel. He asked: does anyone want some isk? I sayd: yeah sure. He asked how much. I was sure he was talking bs anyway. So i said a bil. And he send it. Loool. So i convo him, chatted a bit to try to get some more isk from him and the ss his wallet. I almost fell of my chair..
I forgot his name. Really stupid, i should have added him to my contacts. But i do remember, he said that he used to sponsor some old triple a corps and fc's back in the days. Maybe someone could track him down that way.
Big Lynx
#87 - 2014-12-04 11:15:30 UTC
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:
Highest i hve seen is double digit tril. It was last year christmas eve and he was giving away isk in the noob channel. He asked: does anyone want some isk? I sayd: yeah sure. He asked how much. I was sure he was talking bs anyway. So i said a bil. And he send it. Loool. So i convo him, chatted a bit to try to get some more isk from him and the ss his wallet. I almost fell of my chair..
I forgot his name. Really stupid, i should have added him to my contacts. But i do remember, he said that he used to sponsor some old triple a corps and fc's back in the days. Maybe someone could track him down that way.

GOT ME!
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#88 - 2014-12-04 19:04:00 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
HeXxploiT wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
it's fine. HeX outed himself, and now we know.

I just say what 95% of pilots think. At least I'm honest about it.

No you're not, you're making **** up because you're not a mindreader. Go find some quantitative data, with some qualitative surveying to support the data, and support your assertion with some evidence. Especially if you're going to be so specific as to provide a percentage.

There's an 80% chance that you agree with me but have chosen to be dishonest about it because you so desire the respect and admiration of the masses. I have indisputable evidence of this in the form of hard documentation but choose not to disclose my information.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#89 - 2014-12-04 20:44:12 UTC
Quote:
There's an 80% chance that you agree with me

Why not 120%?
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2014-12-04 21:05:06 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Oxylan wrote:
Realy i dont care, after 7 years in EvE i got now 531 mil isk, focusing on endles isk farm is bad.

Other top 10 rich people " eve board statistic"

1. Kalahari Wayrest 460,624,951,012.00
2. X ATM092 458,512,084,919.00
3. Demolishar 352,032,882,366.00
4. Unu'dintre ei 340,464,928,989.00
5. Towaoc 297,447,809,643.00
6. Akilah 251,134,513,099.00
7. Dimmid 243,860,780,996.00
8. Tessle Aesis 243,211,748,627.00
9. Lanu 224,165,029,934.00
10. Lona Brant 194,677,763,384.0

Keep in mind this is only people who have their active API in Eveboard for others to see, I'd wager all my isk not one of these people is on the actual top 10 isk list.

Definately not. I know someone in the game right now with over 1.5 trillion and they know people with more.
Vapor Ventrillian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2014-12-05 01:08:27 UTC
Well I IS POOR AND WANT ISK FOR ...UM...A SHIP I LOST IN A THING INVOLVING MILK

The Evil Overlord of Scope, self elected as all good overlords should be

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2014-12-05 05:11:20 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
HeXxploiT wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
it's fine. HeX outed himself, and now we know.

I just say what 95% of pilots think. At least I'm honest about it.

No you're not, you're making **** up because you're not a mindreader. Go find some quantitative data, with some qualitative surveying to support the data, and support your assertion with some evidence. Especially if you're going to be so specific as to provide a percentage.

There's an 80% chance that you agree with me but have chosen to be dishonest about it because you so desire the respect and admiration of the masses. I have indisputable evidence of this in the form of hard documentation but choose not to disclose my information.

There's a 100% chance that you don't know anything about me and are forming conclusions based on preconceived ideas generated by personal expectations. TL;DR, you're full of ****.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Daniel Jackson
Universal Exos
#93 - 2014-12-05 07:08:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniel Jackson
rich people needs to put 80% of their isk into the economy by spending 80% or more of it that way the economy can thrive more!

same with real life, the more you spend the more an economy grows
hoarding money will just hurt the game in the long run
Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#94 - 2014-12-05 09:10:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister Holder
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
ISK, intel, laughs - everyone has a price.

The truly brilliant people are the ones that noone thinks could ever be bought, like Bad Bobby.

Just wait until Chribba strikes. I have a feeling it will be the biggest heist in Eve history.

And to the poster above me: Rich people do not "hoard" money. Having diversified assets is much safer than pulling a Scrooge McDuck. Especially with how weak the US dollar/economy is, and the impending economic troubles facing Russia. Better start brushing up on my Mandarin.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#95 - 2014-12-05 09:47:33 UTC
Mister Holder wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
ISK, intel, laughs - everyone has a price.

The truly brilliant people are the ones that noone thinks could ever be bought, like Bad Bobby.

Just wait until Chribba strikes. I have a feeling it will be the biggest heist in Eve history.
Chribba's Modified Strip Miner perfectly strikes Mister Holder (Cargohold) [MOR5], wrecking for 1783 untis of Veldspar.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#96 - 2014-12-06 06:16:45 UTC
Sal Landry wrote:
Marcus Tedric wrote:

I strongly suspect that the 'really rich' characters in EVE are ones who can do proper maths and know that what is referred to as 'trillions' is in fact 'billions'.Big smile

Your post is the equivalent of an American trying to smugly correct someone's spelling when they type colour. Morons are an international constant Ugh

And they give us **** for using the imperial system. At least it's not ambiguous like their dumb contention that 1 billion = 1 million * 1 million, 1 trillion = 1 billion * 1 million, etc.

Thankfully the long scale is falling quickly out of favor.
Daniel Jackson
Universal Exos
#97 - 2014-12-06 08:37:22 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
Sal Landry wrote:
Marcus Tedric wrote:

And they give us **** for using the imperial system. At least it's not ambiguous like their dumb contention that 1 billion = 1 million * 1 million, 1 trillion = 1 billion * 1 million, etc.

Thankfully the long scale is falling quickly out of favor.

what the are u talking about here in america a million times a million is a trillion 1,000,000,000,000
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2014-12-06 08:41:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Cancel Align NOW
Daniel Jackson wrote:
rich people needs to put 80% of their isk into the economy by spending 80% or more of it that way the economy can thrive more!

same with real life, the more you spend the more an economy grows
hoarding money will just hurt the game in the long run

Except in Eve Online we just print more isk by shooting red crosses.
voetius
Grundrisse
#99 - 2014-12-06 08:58:12 UTC
Pelle Wittewoa wrote:

Although this mystery man may have convinced you I'm a bit sceptical because :

"CCP released a tweet of the two largest wallets. One was 5 trillion, one was 1 trillion. Both were alliances. While they didn't say who which were, a quick glance at the sov map clarifies that bit of research for you fairly easily... "

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=267455&find=unread

flakeys
Doomheim
#100 - 2014-12-06 10:27:07 UTC
Skydell wrote:
Every time an Alliance implodes a small hand full of people make out like bandits and farm assets and wallets from the holdings corps for the alliances.

It has been the pattern for EVE since day one. Some times it's RMT driven, others it's just greed but yea, you want to be a trillionaire in EVE online? Build a successful alliance, then sabotage it by starting a war you can't possibly win. You inherit all the booty from making it successful.

Just like in reall life it's nott he thieves that steal your money ,

it's the ones playing the markets that are .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.