These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Some people have too much ISK? Bond worth 23,520 DOLLARS

First post First post
Author
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#21 - 2014-12-02 22:28:54 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Askiras Grey wrote:
1,000,000,000,000 ISK ...

I wish I could get just a little cut Roll
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=388677

Is this sort of thing common ?

More common than you think.

Whenever I start to believe I am playing at the highest level in this game, It's not too long before someone else who is truly higher corrects that assumption.

Yeah Ive been around since 2003 and it doesnt matter much. I know a lot of people look at me and go oh man your rich and inside I just laugh and chuckle cuz I know that even for all my years Im dirt poor in comparison to the real rich.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Serene Repose
#22 - 2014-12-02 22:33:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Then go get your cut, don't cry about it on the forums.
Looked like a wistfully passing thought to me. But, yeah, our new crowd has to get their digs in, right?
(I hope you twisted it in your mind after you stuck it in.)

My favorite subject: Economies In MMOs - where the unscrupulous lie like dogs about how "easy" it is, where the ones who got there first got the most and tough tiddy to the rest of you, where methods to acquire massive amounts were sewn up by management due to the resultant inflation, and where those who follow have no chance to come close, but get to be told, "You can make billions if you're like me - doing 'IT' right!" (Are we there yet?)

You can bet your bottom dollar CCP didn't imagine their imaginary economy would take on a life of its own. Why? None of them are economists...DERP. [who remembers] An economist was finally contracted to contrive a way to somehow get EVE's economy under some sort of control. [remember] We were buying ships and insuring them 'cause the insurance payout was more than the ship cost. (Those were the days...or...days of some sort.)

Null sec can't get any customers. Low sec gets bored staring at each other with no victims in sight. "ATTACK HIGH SEC!" came the cry! "SCREW ECONOMICS! ACCOMODATE MY 'PLAY STYLE'!" Woo hoo hoo. Move the ore. Move the ice belts. Reduce the drone ore drops. (What am I leaving out?) Recalibrate the insurance payouts to reflect the current economy? (Oh, that one "economic" move...yeah, right.)

I saw a Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis flick with fewer canned laughs than this.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#23 - 2014-12-02 23:17:46 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Wasn't it reported in the last CSM minutes that some ~90% of all wealth in EVE is concentrated to the top ~20% of players?

And the average daily ISK turnover in Jita is in the trillions?

Laissez faire economic system for the win!

Oxylan wrote:
Other top 10 rich people " eve board statistic"

1. Kalahari Wayrest 460,624,951,012.00
2. X ATM092 458,512,084,919.00
3. Demolishar 352,032,882,366.00
4. Unu'dintre ei 340,464,928,989.00
5. Towaoc 297,447,809,643.00
6. Akilah 251,134,513,099.00
7. Dimmid 243,860,780,996.00
8. Tessle Aesis 243,211,748,627.00
9. Lanu 224,165,029,934.00
10. Lona Brant 194,677,763,384.0

**** me... if I had even 5 billion I would never PvE again. Cry

You say that, but it's surprising how quick 5 bill can be spent.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#24 - 2014-12-02 23:23:02 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Lets just say the real rich characters in EvE Isk wise, count their money in Trillions....Shocked

Ezwal somberly stares at his 5000 Isk wallet balance, the only Isk ISD are allowed to keep...

This.

The pods with many trillions of ISK have put together impressive and time consuming operations to make it happen. That list w/ people in the half trillions does not represent the very rich of EvE. They are simply "well off"... but the rich would scoff at those wallets.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#25 - 2014-12-02 23:43:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
A trillion ISK is legitimately a lot, but the best estimate I can make of the total wealth of all of New Eden - all liquid ISK in wallets, and all assets (not counting ones that are traded so infrequently you can't really put a price on them) is around ten quadrillion ISK.

So one trillion is only one percent of one percent of the total wealth of the playerbase.

I can name a person with more than a half trillion ISK invested in just the implant market.

Edit: Having 20 to 200 billion makes you 'space middle class'. 200b to 2T is spacerich. Well over 2T is 'space mega rich'.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Neurotox
Malakim Zealots
Angel Cartel
#26 - 2014-12-02 23:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Neurotox
I know someone who has in excess of one trillion isk. He won it by gambling so hes a luckily very few. Recently he decided to give me a jf, hes a very cool guy.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-12-02 23:52:39 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Wasn't it reported in the last CSM minutes that some ~90% of all wealth in EVE is concentrated to the top ~20% of players?

And the average daily ISK turnover in Jita is in the trillions?

Laissez faire economic system for the win!

Oxylan wrote:
Other top 10 rich people " eve board statistic"

1. Kalahari Wayrest 460,624,951,012.00
2. X ATM092 458,512,084,919.00
3. Demolishar 352,032,882,366.00
4. Unu'dintre ei 340,464,928,989.00
5. Towaoc 297,447,809,643.00
6. Akilah 251,134,513,099.00
7. Dimmid 243,860,780,996.00
8. Tessle Aesis 243,211,748,627.00
9. Lanu 224,165,029,934.00
10. Lona Brant 194,677,763,384.0

**** me... if I had even 5 billion I would never PvE again. Cry

You say that, but it's surprising how quick 5 bill can be spent.

NESTOR FLEET ACTIVATE!!!

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#28 - 2014-12-03 00:09:58 UTC
Every time an Alliance implodes a small hand full of people make out like bandits and farm assets and wallets from the holdings corps for the alliances.

It has been the pattern for EVE since day one. Some times it's RMT driven, others it's just greed but yea, you want to be a trillionaire in EVE online? Build a successful alliance, then sabotage it by starting a war you can't possibly win. You inherit all the booty from making it successful.
Sabriz Adoudel
#29 - 2014-12-03 00:32:11 UTC
Skydell wrote:
Every time an Alliance implodes a small hand full of people make out like bandits and farm assets and wallets from the holdings corps for the alliances.

It has been the pattern for EVE since day one. Some times it's RMT driven, others it's just greed but yea, you want to be a trillionaire in EVE online? Build a successful alliance, then sabotage it by starting a war you can't possibly win. You inherit all the booty from making it successful.

I would have *killed* to be in TEST's logistic wing when they failscaded. Just one JF pilot managed to steal almost half a trillion.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-12-03 01:14:33 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Lets just say the real rich characters in EvE Isk wise, count their money in Trillions....Shocked

Ezwal somberly stares at his 5000 Isk wallet balance, the only Isk ISD are allowed to keep...

I tried to send you a blouse once, the contract sat there for days. what's wrong with blouses?
BrundleMeth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-12-03 01:21:38 UTC
Well I'm only sitting on about 680,000.00. But that is real life retirement cash....
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-12-03 01:47:30 UTC
"I have enough isk to last me for the rest of my lfe, as long as I die by Thursday"

The numbers mean far less than what you can and are doing with the isk that you have. Unless you are doing the fiscal equivalent of measuring each others . . . length . . then the only question is 'can I afford to lose the ship I am in?'

I have a decent balance though I wish I could have wallet segmentation for donations vs my own isk, as it is I have to keep side notes. (on this thing called paper and a pen, olde schoole)

It is fun to see who is the richest but not even CCP knows who has the most if you factor in assets. Seriously, they tried and . . .well read the summer minutes.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Sabriz Adoudel
#33 - 2014-12-03 02:04:55 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:

The numbers mean far less than what you can and are doing with the isk that you have. Unless you are doing the fiscal equivalent of measuring each others . . . length . . then the only question is 'can I afford to lose the ship I am in?'

There is a lot more you gain from having access to a lot of ISK.

If I had ten trillion ISK, one thing I'd do would be to create my own new highsec trade hub, then hire mercs to wage a protracted war upon one of the existing ones, probably Rens or Hek. Basically pay a large null alliance to do a Burn Jita, but keep it going for a month or so (I'd budget a quarter trillion for the exercise).

Why? Because chaos is fun, that's why. And who doesn't want to leave their stamp on New Eden?

For other people, extreme wealth would open different doors - they might decide on a very different vision of EVE and use their ISK to impose it on others. Perhaps they might decide that they want to hire mercenaries to make the Caldari hegemonic in factional warfare for three months. Or they might decide that they want to hellcamp a Provibloc station, or they might decide to get into supercapital production to support an alliance they feel loyal to.

On a much smaller scale, I'm in a position now to comfortably afford to fund a 30 person assault frigate fleet and barely notice the loss, should I decide on an operation to use such a fleet on and have access to willing pilots. These are the doors that being space middle class open up.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#34 - 2014-12-03 02:10:36 UTC
Unless you're playing EVE on a grand scale (alliance politics, massive trading operations/manipulation, etc), you don't need such wealth anyway. My hundreds of billions don't help me at all, because all I do when I play is kill people. I don't even use expensive ships; nothing I have has a worth over 1 billion, and I mostly do stuff in either a T2-fit Hyperion or a dps-fit recon cruiser, depending on the character I use/activity I perform. Most of my ships and assets just sit there, and create a hassle every time I need to relocate. If anything, having too much money demotivates you from even logging in.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Hicksimus
Torgue
#35 - 2014-12-03 02:21:23 UTC
ITT: Everybody is Mr Epeen. Sometimes I think about RMT'ing all my isk away to get a Lambo but then I remember that $30 won't even buy me a model of a Lambo.

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#36 - 2014-12-03 02:24:15 UTC
Hicksimus wrote:
ITT: Everybody is Mr Epeen. Sometimes I think about RMT'ing all my isk away to get a Lambo but then I remember that $30 won't even buy me a model of a Lambo.

But 100 billion is only about $1,000 at current RMT prices. A trillionaire wouldn't even be able to buy a used, entry level luxury sports car with the ISK.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#37 - 2014-12-03 02:25:12 UTC
I have lots of isk....but having more would make no difference to me, really. Not sure why it's important to worry about how much isk other people have.
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-12-03 02:25:53 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

Wait so if some people were to donate money to your account you'd get into trouble.....
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#39 - 2014-12-03 04:09:46 UTC
every time I get isk I spend it, now I just have piles of assets. Personally I don't really need much else.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Sabriz Adoudel
#40 - 2014-12-03 04:43:58 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
every time I get isk I spend it, now I just have piles of assets. Personally I don't really need much else.

I am much the same, my wallet has never hit the four billion ISK mark despite my assets being a good ten times that.