These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Launching a warp disrupt probe will give you aggression and prevent you from docking or jumping.

Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#41 - 2011-11-28 20:02:36 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
Hamatitio wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Please... Revert this change.

This change is wrong on so many levels.

Please explain the reasoning on this.

Why is it wrong?

If you target someone, choose to put a warp disruption probe on it, there's no reason you shouldn't have the aggression timer.
Act = consequence

You choose to drop your own bubble there, it's ok, you know you have consequences now and you will adapt or die.

Because you don't target anyone to launch it.

Hell let's make smartbombs cause aggression when it does no damage

This.

And Bombs, Combat Probes

Oh ****..

I launched drones, I've done an aggressive act.

When bombs detonate, they do give aggression. If you jump through a gate after launch, they simply do not explode.

Combat probes do not harm or affect any other ship, they simply help find them.

Drones do not harm or affect any other ship merely by being launched.

Warp disruption bubbles affect all other ships warping in line to the point in space where the probe is dropped. They affect a ships possible trajectory from the moment they are launched until the expire.

I know you want to launch and run, understandable.

I tell you what, if they decide to let me launch a bomb and then jump through a gate and still have it detonate... then you can have back your ability to do the same with warp disruption probes. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2011-11-28 20:08:07 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
Hang on... you're complaining that taking a hostile action gets you a an aggression timer?

LAUNCHING a bubble =/= agression.

Someone warping in a dicter bubble does.

You seem to be confusing game terminology for real world definitions.

The only reason you have to launch a warp disruption probe is to ruin someone's day, whether it succeeds or not. Doing so is an act of aggression (real world) and is now being treated as an Aggressive Act (game term).

As it should be.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#43 - 2011-11-28 20:15:29 UTC
Think of it as buffing POS ownership in system.
Tear Miner
Doomheim
#44 - 2011-11-28 20:18:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tear Miner
The more important issue is if the bubble being up refresh will your aggression or its just counted from the moment of launch?

And similarly: does warping in that bubble refresh the aggression timer as it did previously?
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2011-11-28 20:20:29 UTC
This is fine, but for every ship inside my bubble that is destroyed, I better be on the KM.

blues too. screw you guys. Lol

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Feilamya
#46 - 2011-11-28 20:34:21 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
I mean... you just removed so many tactics from the game from this simple change I can't even count.

Tactics give smart players an unfair advantage, thus ruining the game for the majority of the player base.
Emperor Shaddam Corrino
Doomheim
#47 - 2011-11-28 20:34:50 UTC
I wonder if jump then bubble will still work or if it will stop your jump.
Barakkus
#48 - 2011-11-28 20:37:39 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
You don't launch a bubble because it looks pretty sitting there in space. You do it to catch someone.

It's an act of aggression and should be flagged as such.

Mr Epeen Cool

But...but...but...

....THEY ARE PRETTY....

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#49 - 2011-11-28 20:42:53 UTC
Emperor Shaddam Corrino wrote:
I wonder if jump then bubble will still work or if it will stop your jump.

probably not, agression works on module activation, not effect.

You can 'warp-launch' because you initiate in the time the probe is launched to when it activates.

Not a diplo. 

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#50 - 2011-11-28 20:43:11 UTC
Wait, what?

Have dictor pilots lived with ability to be mail whores without getting aggression for it the past 3-4 years?

Hahahahaha .. how many want to go back to not being registered on mails then?

Cake: Eat it or Have it .. choose one.
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#51 - 2011-11-28 20:48:18 UTC  |  Edited by: ThisIsntMyMain

• A dictor only gets on the KM if the target tries to warp out of the dictor bubble. This gives the dictor aggression and all the associated penalties (cant jump, cant log, cant dock)
  • It the target doesnt try to warp the dictor doesn't get agression and doesn't get on the KM.

To Ranger 1 and all of the other idiots posting in here who never fly dictors;

This change is a HUGE nerf to what is already a paper thin suicide boat. So you suggest bringing a second dictor to bubble the other side of the gate - well how about YOU bring that dictor for a change.

@CCP : WTF are you thinking. What planet are you guys on today ?
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#52 - 2011-11-28 20:51:57 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
Wait, what?

Have dictor pilots lived with ability to be mail whores without getting aggression for it the past 3-4 years?

Hahahahaha .. how many want to go back to not being registered on mails then?

Cake: Eat it or Have it .. choose one.

you don't get on the KM unless the person tries to warp off.

So, using your "cake and eat it too"

If I launch a bubble and nobody warps off, I get no agression but not on the KM.

If I launch it and someone lands/tries to warp off, I should get agression but also on the kill.

deal?

Not a diplo. 

Dradius Calvantia
Lip Shords
#53 - 2011-11-28 20:56:03 UTC
Posting in a thread full of people who do not use, nor understand a dictor's role in small gang combat.

Previously, whether or not a dictor lives in small gang PVP depends solely on their ability to not be there when the shooting starts. It is some times feasible for a dictor to pull range after dropping a bubble, but most of the time a dictor's best course of action is to drop its bubble and jump out. This was an established game mechanic that was balanced by the fact that an alert enemy can prevent this from happening by purposely agressing the dictor's bubble when he drops it.

Dictors are extremely squishy and not an easy ship to fly. There are two reasons to comp one in a fleet over a HIC. One, is that a dictor can bubble one side of the gate, and then GTFO. The second is that a dictor can leave defensive bubbles to delay or split a larger pursuing fleet. The changes to bubble mechanics destroys both of the dictor's roles.

Not only does this destroy the dictor's role in small gang PVP, it is also a huge nerf to the tactics used by small gangs in order to skirmish with larger fleets.
Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#54 - 2011-11-28 21:00:36 UTC
If I swing my fist it's your fault you got hit because if you weren't in the way there would only have been insensitive air to punch.

Uh huh.
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#55 - 2011-11-28 21:05:26 UTC
L'ouris wrote:
As a non-dic pilot;

Could you explain at least some of the wrong?

My impression would be you bring another DIC with you instead of another DPS boat.

Not much, but at least a token step towards fleet diversification?

A dictor has ZERO tanking ability. The second that somebody locks you, you will DIAF. So the primary directive to keep your dictor alive is DONT GET PRIMARIED. And if it even looks like you might be about to get locked you G.T.F.O. Flying a dictor is never about getting on the Kill, its about tackling hostiles and protecting your own gang by delaying someone pursuing you.

What this change means is that if you drop a bubble to delay someone chasing you then you will no longer be able to run away - which is your primary defence mechanism. and the Dictor WILL die.

Bring 2 dictors ? Great, now 2 dictors will die.

ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#56 - 2011-11-28 21:06:46 UTC
Aphoxema G wrote:
If I swing my fist it's your fault you got hit because if you weren't in the way there would only have been insensitive air to punch.

Uh huh.

How about you actually think about the game balance instead of sperging idiotic comments ?
Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#57 - 2011-11-28 21:10:35 UTC
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
Aphoxema G wrote:

Uh huh.

How about you actually think about the game balance instead of sperging idiotic comments ?

If a ship participates in combat it should be under the same limitations as another ship that participates in combat. Just because interdictors have gotten a relatively safe niche doesn't mean it continues to deserve it.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2011-11-28 21:11:14 UTC
Aphoxema G wrote:

Uh huh.

You can stab me in the fists to stop me. Oh, and I'm also made of paper.

Bad analogy for you to use.

Not a diplo. 

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#59 - 2011-11-28 21:12:01 UTC
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:

• A dictor only gets on the KM if the target tries to warp out of the dictor bubble. This gives the dictor aggression and all the associated penalties (cant jump, cant log, cant dock)
  • It the target doesnt try to warp the dictor doesn't get agression and doesn't get on the KM.

To Ranger 1 and all of the other idiots posting in here who never fly dictors;

This change is a HUGE nerf to what is already a paper thin suicide boat. So you suggest bringing a second dictor to bubble the other side of the gate - well how about YOU bring that dictor for a change.

@CCP : WTF are you thinking. What planet are you guys on today ?

I have, many times, in the past. More recently I spend my time giving them warp in points, or telling them when to drop.

Even before this nerf it was problematic to simply bring a single dictor on any roam with more than a few people in it. Your options are then very limited.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2011-11-28 21:12:31 UTC
Aphoxema G wrote:
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
Aphoxema G wrote:

Uh huh.

If a ship participates in combat it should be under the same limitations as another ship that participates in combat. Just because interdictors have gotten a relatively safe niche doesn't mean it continues to deserve it.

You have never flown one, have you?

Try it sometime.

Not a diplo.