These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Launching a warp disrupt probe will give you aggression and prevent you from docking or jumping.

Author
Mara Villoso
Long Jump.
#21 - 2011-11-28 19:19:07 UTC
It seems logical, since until this change a dictor pilot could theoretically be the most critical part of a fight without ever being agressed (assuming no one tried to actually warp out of the bubble, just saw it and tried to escape it).

A more logical EVE ftw.
Alexandros Balfros
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#22 - 2011-11-28 19:19:18 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
Alexandros Balfros wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Sentient Blade wrote:
Hang on... you're complaining that taking a hostile action gets you a an aggression timer?

LAUNCHING a bubble =/= agression.

Someone warping in a dicter bubble does.

It creates a negative area of space, just consider it aggression against space, it actually makes sense, also you aggress yourself the second you drop the bubble as you cause a negative effect on your own ship so use that if you really really really need to justify it :P

Crimes against space!

It would agress me if I warped in my dicter bubble, that would make sense sure.

You're in the bubble by default, you can't warp out of it so thats the agression, you scramble yourself by deploying it you don't have to warp in to it because you already sit at the middle :)
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#23 - 2011-11-28 19:21:10 UTC
does the HIC bubble cause aggression?

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#24 - 2011-11-28 19:24:52 UTC
No more passive-aggressive sabre pilots.

Perhaps it's a precursor to being able to use dictors in lowsec? Oh please oh please oh please? :)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#25 - 2011-11-28 19:25:14 UTC
I remember back in the big one.

We were out planting landmines and the bloody Huns started shooting at us like we were being aggressive toward them or something.

I could see if one of them stepped on one, maybe. The mines were just sitting there minding their own business. Not hurting anyone.

Why they thought this was an aggressive act is just beyond me.

Mr Epeen Cool

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-11-28 19:26:43 UTC
Potamus Jenkins wrote:

Yes, on launch.

Not if someone lands in it.

Not if someone "warps" in it. If you launch it.

Sure, if someone lands in my bubble, go ahead and give me aggression as I've now aggressed someone.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#27 - 2011-11-28 19:28:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Zagdul wrote:
Please... Revert this change.

This change is wrong on so many levels.

Please explain the reasoning on this.

Why is it wrong?

If you target someone, choose to put a warp disruption probe on it, there's no reason you shouldn't have the aggression timer.
Act = consequence

You choose to drop your own bubble there, it's ok, you know you have consequences now and you will adapt or die.
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-11-28 19:33:10 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

If you target someone, choose to put a warp disruption probe on it, there's no reason you shouldn't have the aggression timer.
Act = consequence

You choose to drop your own bubble there, it's ok, you know you have consequences now and you will adapt or die.

You are dumb.

You don't need to target someone to launch a bubble. Launching a bubble, basically you've agressed space.

CCP Please Implement

Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#29 - 2011-11-28 19:33:25 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
Potamus Jenkins wrote:

Yes, on launch.

Sure, if someone lands in my bubble, go ahead and give me aggression as I've now aggressed someone.

i dont know if i was not clear of if im not understanding

i understand the warp disruptor probe causes aggression

what about when the heavy interdictor pilot activates the warp disruption field generator without the focused script?

did that cause aggression previous to the patch? is that being changed now as well?
Hamatitio
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#30 - 2011-11-28 19:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamatitio
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

Because you don't target anyone to launch it.

Hell let's make smartbombs cause aggression when it does no damage
Hamatitio
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#31 - 2011-11-28 19:35:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamatitio
Double post
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#32 - 2011-11-28 19:39:25 UTC
Potamus Jenkins wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Potamus Jenkins wrote:

Yes, on launch.

i dont know if i was not clear of if im not understanding

i understand the warp disruptor probe causes aggression

what about when the heavy interdictor pilot activates the warp disruption field generator without the focused script?

did that cause aggression previous to the patch? is that being changed now as well?

It's been a long time since I flew a Hic, but as I remember activating the bubble did not, but if someone attempted to warp out of it did. That could have changed and I missed it, but I don't think so.

So, you raise a valid point. Hic's should get the aggression flag once they activate their bubble (again, assuming things have not changed and they currently do not).

This could be something missed in the patch notes, or simply overlooked completely. Someone, quick, jump on Sisi and find out. Smile (I would, but I"m having issues running the game at the moment.)

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2011-11-28 19:41:29 UTC
Hamatitio wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

If smartbombs could not be turned off and exploded for three minutes, hell yeah they should cause aggression.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#34 - 2011-11-28 19:42:19 UTC
Hamatitio wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

I see your point, but you have to remember, Smartbombs do not have the capability to affect someone(s) (trajectory) anywhere in system.

Warp disruption bubbles do.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-11-28 19:45:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagdul
Hamatitio wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

This.

And Bombs, Combat Probes

Oh ****..

I launched drones, I've done an aggressive act.

CCP Please Implement

Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2011-11-28 19:48:06 UTC
Emiko Luan wrote:
Please list the benign reasons for launching a bubble. Or just come join us in w-space, no docking or jumping aggression timers here :3

Hold any kind of ship within the same grid to avoid you poor probe pilot uneeded work.
Get sure that Cap ships still in the field so everyone can enjoy the fireworks..

Aww c'mon ppl this post it's just full of negative trolls vs the bening purpouses of the Warp disrupt probes..Pirate
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-11-28 19:48:22 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Hamatitio wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

I see your point, but you have to remember, Smartbombs do not have the capability to affect someone(s) (trajectory) anywhere in system.

Warp disruption bubbles do.

So if my bubble changes someone's trajectory, give me aggression.

CCP Please Implement

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#38 - 2011-11-28 19:50:03 UTC
Zagdul wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

You are dumb.

You don't need to target someone to launch a bubble. Launching a bubble, basically you've agressed space.

Why would you launch any bubble knowing you can harm my space? Lol

Since we're at, why would you launch bubbles if there's no one there? Twisted
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-11-28 19:56:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Zagdul
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zagdul wrote:

Why is it wrong?

Act = consequence

You are dumb.

Why would you launch any bubble knowing you can harm my space? Lol

Since we're at, why would you launch bubbles if there's no one there? Twisted

It's a defensive tactic used commonly.

If a faster fleet is chasing you and they vastly outnumber/gun you. A defensive tactic is to drop a probe and slow an enemy fleet down gaining you some distance on them.

Now, I can understand changing it so that IF the enemy fleet lands in that bubble or warps in it, the interdictor pilot is now aggressed, even if they're in another system. However, on launch is dumb.

CCP Please Implement

Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#40 - 2011-11-28 19:57:50 UTC
this is interesting id like it to be a little more uniform one way or the other