These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I want ISK Titan Smash! 3rd January 2015 - TIME CHANGED TO 7PM!!!

First post First post
Author
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#81 - 2015-01-06 07:55:53 UTC
I love everyone =] <3
I am upset. I will express how I feel.
Sorry you don't like it.
No insults are being exchanged.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#82 - 2015-01-06 08:49:33 UTC
I Want ISK wrote:
Regardless of what everyone's opinions on what went wrong and what went right is, our conclusion will not change.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.
We will no longer host in-game events using this third party.

The fight was indeed amazing.
* Especially for the defense fleet whom padded their kill mails and even got the titan kill.

We understand most players had fun but an event CAN be fun and end the wrong way. As this one did.

We are unhappy with how it was marketed and maintained as well as being unhappy with the fact that the defense fleet got the final blow, when the defense fleet should not have participated on the kill.

Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.

We're not arguing the outcome. Our conclusion is set in stone.

For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

"The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO. "



Can you please explain to me how it's possible for Nassh to set up the event in favour of the defense fleet when he has no control over how many people or what ships come to attack it?

The defense fleet did not have an advantage over the others. In fact we were at a severe disadvantage. We held the field due to being well practiced in EVE pvp. And then killed the titan because otherwise it wouldn't have died.

I probably shouldn't be repeating this here, but here is the message given to me a couple of hours before the fight by a Snuff director:
"dir: you around early evening
dir: because there's a "kill a titan" event and there's going to be a few hundred hostiles"

Yes. You read it correctly. We prepared to take on a few hundred. Our fleet was comped to deal with a few hundred.

We actually took on 1.5 thousand.

Kings of Lowsec

I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#83 - 2015-01-06 09:42:34 UTC
Dark Flare wrote:
I Want ISK wrote:
Regardless of what everyone's opinions on what went wrong and what went right is, our conclusion will not change.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.
We will no longer host in-game events using this third party.

The fight was indeed amazing.
* Especially for the defense fleet whom padded their kill mails and even got the titan kill.

We understand most players had fun but an event CAN be fun and end the wrong way. As this one did.

We are unhappy with how it was marketed and maintained as well as being unhappy with the fact that the defense fleet got the final blow, when the defense fleet should not have participated on the kill.

Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.

We're not arguing the outcome. Our conclusion is set in stone.

For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

"The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO. "



Can you please explain to me how it's possible for Nassh to set up the event in favour of the defense fleet when he has no control over how many people or what ships come to attack it?

The defense fleet did not have an advantage over the others. In fact we were at a severe disadvantage. We held the field due to being well practiced in EVE pvp. And then killed the titan because otherwise it wouldn't have died.

I probably shouldn't be repeating this here, but here is the message given to me a couple of hours before the fight by a Snuff director:
"dir: you around early evening
dir: because there's a "kill a titan" event and there's going to be a few hundred hostiles"

Yes. You read it correctly. We prepared to take on a few hundred. Our fleet was comped to deal with a few hundred.

We actually took on 1.5 thousand.


1.5 thousand vs 230 is not what happened. What happened was 1,700 in a free for all battle to kill a titan.
Eithe way, we have retracted sponsorship already and this topic is behind us now.

Cheers to all that attended!

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#84 - 2015-01-06 10:11:40 UTC
Right, because none of those 1.5k were an organised fleet. I mean, if you ignore the 500 man Spectre/Ganked fleet I guess. There were barely any independent parties on field.

You're pretty optimistic if you think this will ever be behind you. Nobody is going to forget what you've demonstrated in this thread.

Kings of Lowsec

I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#85 - 2015-01-06 10:12:53 UTC
I've done this for years.
I've been through much worse.
This is nothing.
500 != 1500.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#86 - 2015-01-06 10:18:17 UTC
500 was just one of the fleets. The idea that you're trying to pitch that there wasn't a concerted effort to kill the defense fleet and Titan by most of the people on field is false.

But that's what happens when you talk from a position of little information and experience.

Kings of Lowsec

I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#87 - 2015-01-06 10:25:52 UTC
It was not 1500 vs 250.
It was free for all.
The 500 fleet could have been attacked by multiple other fleets.
The defense fleet killed the titan.

We are done with this topic. We will no longer post on this forum post.
We will no longer be sponsoring #EVE_nt in-game or out-of-game.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#88 - 2015-01-06 10:40:08 UTC
LolLol

Kings of Lowsec

Shallente
Super Villains
Northern Coalition.
#89 - 2015-01-06 11:49:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Shallente
I Want ISK wrote:
I've done this for years.
I've been through much worse.
This is nothing.
500 != 1500.


Please, don't use numbers to make your point. It's just a crappy excuse.

From the moment that the EN24 article was posted it was already clear what direction it was going; Bobmon was present in the Teamspeak conversation (why him and not the NPSI FC's?) and the name of the article was giving it away on how the wind was gonna blow. Also, on that note I would like to point out that I Want ISK and EN24 "forgot" to ask the oppinions from the NPSI FC's on how they thought was handled; that response was made as a comment hours after the EN24 article was posted and it gave an improper view of the event and slandered both Nash and the people that participated in the defense fleet.

You're doing damage control and spinning every way to make sure that it looks like that I want ISK seems to have valid reason. Sorry dude, that's just weak and makes your organization look unprofessional.

I think it's very bad from I want ISK that you're making an issue of something that we couldn't fully controle and then use it to threaten Nash or you'll drop sponsorship from events. How can you in your right mind do this as you didn't dictate any terms on the sponsoring of this event in the first place? You can't from a clear mind use this excuse to threaten and drop (future) sponsorhips when somebody has dedicated a large portion of his own free time to provide content for others and fun in this game.

All of the parties who joined this event seemed to have an awesome time and had major fun. That should be it, nothing more. The Titan killmail should've been a bonus and definately not the reason for making your conclusion in any way (especially since the defense fleet made it very clear that we don't want the price money).
Nashh Kadavr
The Bastards
#90 - 2015-01-06 11:54:22 UTC
So the drama continues. What a shame.

I will not sink to the level of some others and keep the moral high ground here. It is clear the relations with I Want Isk have soured beyond repair and any future working relationship needs to be terminated with immediate effect.

This is a sad state of affairs indeed but unfortunately the only outcome possible after the drama that unfolded and fuelled by others and ill-informed, unknowing participants.

In the early hours of this morning I was served with the ultimatum to apologize publicly or lose the I Want Isk sponsorship for #EVE_NT. I could but won’t post the related chat log as I do not think it would be appropriate.

As I refuse to publicly (or privately) apologize for what was a successful in-game event all participation by I Want Isk has now officially been removed.

There is the matter of 100 billion isk that has been sent to me as part of the prize fund for #EVE_NT that has been requested back from I Want Isk. My conversation this morning ended with me explaining I will consider this, however I am in no position until later tonight (I am at work) to send this back. I Want Isk have therefore taken the stance that I have refused to send back this isk.

This is simply not true, but as they have already slandered my name regardless; now I do refuse to send back the isk. It doesn’t feel right to use this isk as prizes at #EVE_NT as it would still be related to I Want Isk and that just doesn’t seem appropriate. I will not be keeping this for myself; instead I have sent it to Chribba to hold on to until the next PLEX-for-good campaign and I will donate the full amount to charity.

It’s a shame that there will be fewer prizes to give away at #EVE_NT but remember there are still 100 plex and a Malice to give away sponsored by EVEbet.com. If anyone wants to step forward and donate anything to give away as prizes please feel free to contact me via evemail!

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last few days and wish I Want Isk the very best in the future.

Kind regards,

Nashh Kadavr
CEO Bastard Alliance
Organiser of #EVE_NT
Nym Doe
Bear Bones Brigade
#91 - 2015-01-06 13:23:35 UTC
Nashh, I think this shows a great degree of class - much more than the ******** responses from the sponsor.

Well done on the event, and in handling the subsequent fallout.
Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2015-01-06 13:30:41 UTC
IwantISK.com no longer sponsoring #EVE_nt due to Titan Smash debacle.
From: I Want ISK
To:
Hello all o/

I hope you all had fun at the Titan Smash event hosted by Nashh Kadavr!
Though the event was a GREAT one, the result was not something we expected.

I am sure lots of players had fun but the competition was not a fair one.

There is a lot more to this story and we will try to summarize how we came to our conclusion.

The titan was killed by the host's organized defense fleet.
A fleet that by our standards should not have had any offense and even more so should not have participated in attacking the titan. A fleet with the advantage of knowledge of the location of the titan. With the recent update of Phoebe, this advantage is huge! The defense fleet justifies this by claiming they went up against 1500 players with only 230 defenders but they fail to state this was not a team battle, this was a free for all.

Nashh was asked to apologize publicly for the unfortunate outcome of the event and decided he would not apologize for something that didn't go wrong according to him,

This compromises our trust in #EVE_nt.
Because of this we feel that any ISK we give to #EVE_nt to give away will not be given away to true players and could be given away to players related to the host of #EVE_nt. (Host and defense fleet are related to titan pilot).

We have retracted our current sponsorship for #EVE_nt in Nottingham UK both in-game AND out-of-game. We are protecting the ISK of our users by not allowing this entity to award sponsored ISK to what COULD be players related to the host.

A unanimous decision by myself and our bankers.

The final blow was shot by a member of the defense fleet. The final blow was the only condition for winning a prize. Instead, the prize of 20 billion ISK goes to Lisa 8 for top damage! A lone PVPer.

We have also requested a refund of the left over funds of 100 billion ISK intended for prizes which were denied.
We asked for API proof that the host at least still had the ISK in his wallet and were also denied proof.
The host mentioned that he would let us know later on if they will refund the ISK.

We believe that the rest of the ISK was utilized for other purposes OR they will keep it and use it for giveaways at #EVE_nt. Another shady act.

We are sad to see any partnership go but in EVE, trust is everything.

Good night all and hopefully I wake up to this Rat Race jackpot having have been popped by someone =]

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#93 - 2015-01-06 13:32:32 UTC
I know this is a double post but I have to say:


Battle was fun first big op for me

This thread has filled my monthly tear quota

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Christian Zaezal
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2015-01-06 14:43:07 UTC
Shallente wrote:
I Want ISK wrote:
I've done this for years.
I've been through much worse.
This is nothing.
500 != 1500.


Please, don't use numbers to make your point. It's just a crappy excuse.



Numbers are all he seems to care about

Can't measure fun in numbers Roll
Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#95 - 2015-01-06 15:28:09 UTC
I've had 5 funs today

Kings of Lowsec

Mochalatte
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#96 - 2015-01-06 17:29:54 UTC
This was my first event of this nature. Besides being fair weather EVE player for many years I wanted to step up and try this type of challenge.

I had to figure out how to do this. being as RvB was advertising they had fleet for this I joined naturally. This process for me, was a total mess. After 2 hours of xing up, I still didn't have an invite. FC's (bless them) were having a difficult go at managing their surprised 500+ people trying to spam x's. It was a ******* mess. You could tell things were in total disarray, Fc's were baffled what to do with the numbers.. I think they though "maybe a fleet".. way too many people.. also hence the uncoordinated fleet even under good fc's.

2 1/2 hours later I still had no invite and fleets were full and not talking to each other. As someone that is noobish, I gave up and went on my own. I sat on coms to gain intel as where I'm supposed to be or where the titan would be. I would try to get a fleet invite another hour later will no avail. Did I mention how messy it was? Different coms, coms filling up.. people raging about no invites. it was a MESS.

I decided to go on my own, I got to the staging system @ 18:56 and started to get franctic and gather intel as to not miss the kill. They stated the event had started, but still didn't see titan for another 25 minutes around 19:30 on field. I think Spectre fleet came in nearly an hour late? Those 9 jumps, must of been brutal 9not really it was just a ******* mess).

I warp into the crowd in a frig and target the titan, it's maybe 95% shields. I start to get targeted and warped off. Rinse and repeat this 100 times. I get off coms as it just confusing, they switched coms 2-3 times to deal with numbers and even used dif coms for different spectre fleets (ouch). it was so terrible I decided to get my info from a small gang in system I met in the iwantisk channel. I took a few shots at the titan always being targeted as I landed.. now I a noobie ship I'm surprised, but I deal with it. It after all is titan.

So the titan is not even being touched 2 hours into the event.. iwanted to see who was fighting. I notice three big groups napocs, machs, and this huge logi/harpy/tech III fleet.. I was in awe. I start to target things to see what I happening and maybe get on a few "whored" mails. It was slow going with a few fleets warping off after 1-2 hours of slugging it out.

What I learn from intel though.. is that one of the big fleets and the most organized was the "defensive" fleet. I thought to myself.. that's cool someone decided to take the role of good guy and rep this titan. That was not the case, this defensive fleet I learned was actually the hosts. Well that makes it interesting I thought.

I liked the event even with the **** fest that went on, but how it ended was terrible.

The defense fleet killed the titan, the people hosting the event, are taking the kill for themselves. Intel starts to drown in as I watch the live twitch feed. The titan pilot is not unbias, it's the same fleets pilot. He is actually in the gang boosting them 100%. How are they reshipping without having to warp.. how did they get set up so well to defend the titan. Then it became clear with intel again.. They knew about or at least their fc's knew about the location and how to defend weeks ahead of time.

I think this would of been fine, it added a lot of good conent.it made me work to be on that kill, even if in the end it was with a noobship. I think it added flavor to the event.. but there was this greed behind it. It wasn't good enough they killed people left and right (those not allied with them), that they held the field. They decided to that they would kill the titan themselves and reap the rewards. I think the only reason the titan died was iwantisk spoke up and told them it had to die.. or it wouldn't of died imo. This was said on twitch..

To top it off, if it was just for GF's or lulz. The pilot himself before the kill refit the titan with civ mods. To them this was "going to be funny". That was not funny, no one besides them thought it was ..lol .It was a big screw you to those many of us that came and spent 6 hours. that is not the spirit of this event. The way the hosts behaved was not the spirit of this event, it just wasn't.

Why don't you hear more from people? On this forum or tied to their char in game. Well it's EVE, you would belittle them and berate them because they "just don't get EVE". What I currently see is the same members of SC, SO,DT that are swarming the thread with "it went great". You won't see many unhappy as you would tear them apart with your cool-eve-forum guy persona.

***TL/DR I had fun at this event and it gave me a real glimpse of what it would be like trying to whore on titan mail in null. As it was more of a tactical job to get the hit on titan, but not let timer run out (tidi made this easier). In and out warps, and all that good stuff.

However I do understand some people position on the way it went and there seemed like a process and event not thought out. I would of given these eve_nt guys many rules of conduct before just letting them lose. I think they did what they thought they should do, had weeks to plan and they did just that. Were they told not too? Where they told what was expected?





Mr Spaxi
#97 - 2015-01-06 17:54:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Spaxi
Mochalatte wrote:

I think the only reason the titan died was iwantisk spoke up and told them it had to die.. or it wouldn't of died imo. This was said on twitch..


I'm just going to disagree with you here. As a member of a corporation whose CEO is said Nashh Kadavr, the information we were provided before the event was 'the titan will die, no matter who has to kill it in the end'.

We weren't going to keep a titan to ourselves. We're one of the few remaining piracy corps, we do not need a titan to whoop other peoples' asses.

On to the main part of the post;

I want ISK, I, as a user of your site and services, request that your board publicly apologizes to Nashh Kadavr for slandering his name and for bailing-out of an agreement which helped you promote your name and your site/services in exchange for sponsorship money and/or ISK that was planned to be used for prizes/raffles for the event participants. The marketing you were essentially paying for was achieved, at any level given, but your sponsorship funds have not seen the event organizer in the fullest. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who requests this.

Sincerely, your user.
Nashh Kadavr
The Bastards
#98 - 2015-01-06 17:58:54 UTC
Mochalatte wrote:
This was my first event of this nature. Besides being fair weather EVE player for many years I wanted to step up and try this type of challenge.

I had to figure out how to do this. being as RvB was advertising they had fleet for this I joined naturally. This process for me, was a total mess. After 2 hours of xing up, I still didn't have an invite. FC's (bless them) were having a difficult go at managing their surprised 500+ people trying to spam x's. It was a ******* mess. You could tell things were in total disarray, Fc's were baffled what to do with the numbers.. I think they though "maybe a fleet".. way too many people.. also hence the uncoordinated fleet even under good fc's.

2 1/2 hours later I still had no invite and fleets were full and not talking to each other. As someone that is noobish, I gave up and went on my own. I sat on coms to gain intel as where I'm supposed to be or where the titan would be. I would try to get a fleet invite another hour later will no avail. Did I mention how messy it was? Different coms, coms filling up.. people raging about no invites. it was a MESS.

I decided to go on my own, I got to the staging system @ 18:56 and started to get franctic and gather intel as to not miss the kill. They stated the event had started, but still didn't see titan for another 25 minutes around 19:30 on field. I think Spectre fleet came in nearly an hour late? Those 9 jumps, must of been brutal 9not really it was just a ******* mess).

I warp into the crowd in a frig and target the titan, it's maybe 95% shields. I start to get targeted and warped off. Rinse and repeat this 100 times. I get off coms as it just confusing, they switched coms 2-3 times to deal with numbers and even used dif coms for different spectre fleets (ouch). it was so terrible I decided to get my info from a small gang in system I met in the iwantisk channel. I took a few shots at the titan always being targeted as I landed.. now I a noobie ship I'm surprised, but I deal with it. It after all is titan.

So the titan is not even being touched 2 hours into the event.. iwanted to see who was fighting. I notice three big groups napocs, machs, and this huge logi/harpy/tech III fleet.. I was in awe. I start to target things to see what I happening and maybe get on a few "whored" mails. It was slow going with a few fleets warping off after 1-2 hours of slugging it out.

What I learn from intel though.. is that one of the big fleets and the most organized was the "defensive" fleet. I thought to myself.. that's cool someone decided to take the role of good guy and rep this titan. That was not the case, this defensive fleet I learned was actually the hosts. Well that makes it interesting I thought.

I liked the event even with the **** fest that went on, but how it ended was terrible.

The defense fleet killed the titan, the people hosting the event, are taking the kill for themselves. Intel starts to drown in as I watch the live twitch feed. The titan pilot is not unbias, it's the same fleets pilot. He is actually in the gang boosting them 100%. How are they reshipping without having to warp.. how did they get set up so well to defend the titan. Then it became clear with intel again.. They knew about or at least their fc's knew about the location and how to defend weeks ahead of time.

I think this would of been fine, it added a lot of good conent.it made me work to be on that kill, even if in the end it was with a noobship. I think it added flavor to the event.. but there was this greed behind it. It wasn't good enough they killed people left and right (those not allied with them), that they held the field. They decided to that they would kill the titan themselves and reap the rewards. I think the only reason the titan died was iwantisk spoke up and told them it had to die.. or it wouldn't of died imo. This was said on twitch..

To top it off, if it was just for GF's or lulz. The pilot himself before the kill refit the titan with civ mods. To them this was "going to be funny". That was not funny, no one besides them thought it was ..lol .It was a big screw you to those many of us that came and spent 6 hours. that is not the spirit of this event. The way the hosts behaved was not the spirit of this event, it just wasn't.

Why don't you hear more from people? On this forum or tied to their char in game. Well it's EVE, you would belittle them and berate them because they "just don't get EVE". What I currently see is the same members of SC, SO,DT that are swarming the thread with "it went great". You won't see many unhappy as you would tear them apart with your cool-eve-forum guy persona.

***TL/DR I had fun at this event and it gave me a real glimpse of what it would be like trying to ***** on titan mail in null. As it was more of a tactical job to get the hit on titan, but not let timer run out (tidi made this easier). In and out warps, and all that good stuff.

However I do understand some people position on the way it went and there seemed like a process and event not thought out. I would of given these eve_nt guys many rules of conduct before just letting them lose. I think they did what they thought they should do, had weeks to plan and they did just that. Were they told not too? Where they told what was expected?








Great post thank you for feedback. Come chat to me tonight if you are free?
Nashh Kadavr
The Bastards
#99 - 2015-01-06 18:00:27 UTC
Mr Spaxi wrote:
Mochalatte wrote:

I think the only reason the titan died was iwantisk spoke up and told them it had to die.. or it wouldn't of died imo. This was said on twitch..


I'm just going to disagree with you here. As a member of a corporation whose CEO is said Nashh Kadavr, the information we were provided before the event was 'the titan will die, no matter who has to kill it in the end'.

We weren't going to keep a titan to ourselves. We're one of the few remaining piracy corps, we do not need a titan to whoop other peoples' asses.

On to the main part of the post;

I want ISK, I, as a user of your site and services, request that your board publicly apologizes to Nashh Kadavr for slandering his name and for bailing-out of an agreement which helped you promote your name and your site/services in exchange for sponsorship money and/or ISK that was planned to be used for prizes/raffles for the event participants. The marketing you were essentially paying for was achieved, at any level given, but your sponsorship funds have not seen the event organizer in the fullest. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who requests this.

Sincerely, your user.



Thanks spax.
Mochalatte
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#100 - 2015-01-06 18:02:39 UTC
I would certainly speak with you given the right time frame for my time zone.