These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I want ISK Titan Smash! 3rd January 2015 - TIME CHANGED TO 7PM!!!

First post First post
Author
DJWiggles
Eve Radio Corporation
#61 - 2015-01-05 00:59:29 UTC
Both Nashh and Bobmon were on the show to talk about this and the backlash that happened in the media Enjoy

Live on Eve Radio Sundays 15:00 GMT with me & friends talking about Eve and stuff. Twitter, Facebook TotalEve

Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2015-01-05 15:32:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Eldwinn
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#63 - 2015-01-05 20:42:32 UTC
DJWiggles wrote:
Both Nashh and Bobmon were on the show to talk about this and the backlash that happened in the media Enjoy


Hello DJWiggles!
I believe we have met before.

In the interview, one of the biggest things anyone forgot to mention is that all of us, bobmon, Nassh, some bankers and myself actually were all in a teamspeak conversation and all sides of the story were listened to and the story concluded the way it concluded. With the information that bobmon posted on evenews24.com. Bobmon's article followed what he heard from both sides. Maybe being on live radio got him nervous enough to completely forget this, but it happened.

The prize originally was intended for the final blow on the titan (the only bit of information actually available on the forum post). The final blow went to the defense fleet. (and thus an unfair fleet won technically)
The defense fleet had a major logistical advantage and intel around the solar system.
The defense fleet was not against everyone else. It was a free for all. After all, not blue, shoot it.

The outcome of the defense fleet would not have been the same if it had been anyone else, because then that group would not have had the advantage that the defense fleet had. We actually would have liked to see a group hijack the titan and hold it till they decided to kill it which is likely to happen.

In the end, the defense fleet that WAS organized by Nassh got the final blow on the titan.
The defense fleet has been connected to Nassh.
The defense fleet knew 48 hours before everyone else where the titan would be located.
The defense fleet set up an impenetrable barrier that never engaged more than 250 people at once, even though there were 1700 people in local. (a defense barrier of reported 230+ members)
The final blow was the only condition for winning. This caused us to change the giveaways to top damage.

This is why we concluded with still sponsoring the live event (as we have bankers that will be there to do the giveaways of the rest of the ISK) but no longer sponsoring in-game events with this third party.

The sanctity of competition was compromised.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#64 - 2015-01-05 22:01:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Eldwinn
Does I want isk even play this game anymore or do they just collect pay checks from RMT'ing? There was some mentions of us showing up to the event with no guns equipped. It is pretty clear your expectations are unrealistic and slightly ********.

To add, a majority of the fleet had no clue where the titan was until the last minute. A select few knew. Also to add in 4hours sitting on grid shooting you tend to move cyno alts and scan down wormhole chains to reship those who lost their ships. The intel gathered from other groups was done through spying and scouting.
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#65 - 2015-01-05 22:10:03 UTC
Eldwinn wrote:
Does I want isk even play this game anymore or do they just collect pay checks from RMT'ing? There was some mentions of us showing up to the event with no guns equipped. It is pretty clear your expectations are unrealistic and slightly ********.


Sorry if I expect the host of an event to not be able to win his own event.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#66 - 2015-01-05 22:13:53 UTC
I Want ISK wrote:
Eldwinn wrote:
Does I want isk even play this game anymore or do they just collect pay checks from RMT'ing? There was some mentions of us showing up to the event with no guns equipped. It is pretty clear your expectations are unrealistic and slightly ********.


Sorry if I expect the host of an event to not be able to win his own event.


Will there be planned isk being provided forth for your defense fleets in the future?
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#67 - 2015-01-05 22:17:01 UTC
We got isks? Can I haz some?
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#68 - 2015-01-05 22:30:35 UTC
Eldwinn wrote:
I Want ISK wrote:
Eldwinn wrote:
Does I want isk even play this game anymore or do they just collect pay checks from RMT'ing? There was some mentions of us showing up to the event with no guns equipped. It is pretty clear your expectations are unrealistic and slightly ********.


Sorry if I expect the host of an event to not be able to win his own event.


Will there be planned isk being provided forth for your defense fleets in the future?


I didn't manage this event.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#69 - 2015-01-05 22:35:12 UTC
I Want ISK wrote:
DJWiggles wrote:
Both Nashh and Bobmon were on the show to talk about this and the backlash that happened in the media Enjoy


Hello DJWiggles!
I believe we have met before.

In the interview, one of the biggest things anyone forgot to mention is that all of us, bobmon, Nassh, some bankers and myself actually were all in a teamspeak conversation and all sides of the story were listened to and the story concluded the way it concluded. With the information that bobmon posted on evenews24.com. Bobmon's article followed what he heard from both sides. Maybe being on live radio got him nervous enough to completely forget this, but it happened.

The prize originally was intended for the final blow on the titan (the only bit of information actually available on the forum post). The final blow went to the defense fleet. (and thus an unfair fleet won technically)
The defense fleet had a major logistical advantage and intel around the solar system.
The defense fleet was not against everyone else. It was a free for all. After all, not blue, shoot it.

The outcome of the defense fleet would not have been the same if it had been anyone else, because then that group would not have had the advantage that the defense fleet had. We actually would have liked to see a group hijack the titan and hold it till they decided to kill it which is likely to happen.

In the end, the defense fleet that WAS organized by Nassh got the final blow on the titan.
The defense fleet has been connected to Nassh.
The defense fleet knew 48 hours before everyone else where the titan would be located.
The defense fleet set up an impenetrable barrier that never engaged more than 250 people at once, even though there were 1700 people in local. (a defense barrier of reported 230+ members)
The final blow was the only condition for winning. This caused us to change the giveaways to top damage.

This is why we concluded with still sponsoring the live event (as we have bankers that will be there to do the giveaways of the rest of the ISK) but no longer sponsoring in-game events with this third party.

The sanctity of competition was compromised.


LolLolLolLolLolLolLol

I'm going to sell our impenetrable defense to PL, they're never going to lose a fight again.

Kings of Lowsec

Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#70 - 2015-01-05 22:39:52 UTC
I'd also like to see proof that we never engaged more than 250 people at once.

Which you can't prove because it's not true.

And even if it were true (it isn't) I'm not sure how it would be our fault how many people warped in at a time.

Kings of Lowsec

Prudii
Vector Galactic
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#71 - 2015-01-05 23:16:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Prudii
By all that is sacred and holy do you even read and listen to what other people are saying about this event, other than a few butt sore pubbies who didn't their easy titan mail?

I Want ISK wrote:
The defense fleet had a major logistical advantage and intel around the solar system.


The only logistical advantage we had was arguably the titan boosts and considering our deadspace fit, HG slave Guardians where being alphaed off the field at several points it didn't mean all that much. And intel, Oh boy. Do you understand what a cloak is? Do you know what D-Scan is? How about the overview, do you know what that is at least? Do you even play this game?

I Want ISK wrote:
The defense fleet was not against everyone else. It was a free for all. After all, not blue, shoot it.


Yes it was a free for all, and do you know what happens in free for alls? People team up to better their chances of getting the outcome they want. If you want to complain about the defense fleet working with the CFC fleet then you have to complain about Specter Fleet working with RvB.

I Want ISK wrote:
The outcome of the defense fleet would not have been the same if it had been anyone else, because then that group would not have had the advantage that the defense fleet had. We actually would have liked to see a group hijack the titan and hold it till they decided to kill it which is likely to happen.


Did you even read this sentence after you posted it? And how is that better then what happened? I mean if we really wanted to be jerks about it we would have waited 15 mins for everyone else to timeoff the killmail then kill the titan.

I Want ISK wrote:
The defense fleet has been connected to Nassh.
The defense fleet knew 48 hours before everyone else where the titan would be located.


And these where a surprise to you?

I Want ISK wrote:
The defense fleet set up an impenetrable barrier that never engaged more than 250 people at once, even though there were 1700 people in local. (a defense barrier of reported 230+ members)


Haha. I honestly don't know what to say to this other than it makes it very clear you didn't even attend the event you sponsored. And if by some chance you did you obviously had no clue what was going on. Also do you even play this game?
Dark Flare
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#72 - 2015-01-05 23:17:07 UTC
hey can we start a bet on your site about whether you have any PvP experience at all

i'd like to bet everything on no

Kings of Lowsec

Aliventi
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#73 - 2015-01-06 00:40:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliventi
I Want ISK wrote:
DJWiggles wrote:
Both Nashh and Bobmon were on the show to talk about this and the backlash that happened in the media Enjoy


Hello DJWiggles!
I believe we have met before.

In the interview, one of the biggest things anyone forgot to mention is that all of us, bobmon, Nassh, some bankers and myself actually were all in a teamspeak conversation and all sides of the story were listened to and the story concluded the way it concluded. With the information that bobmon posted on evenews24.com. Bobmon's article followed what he heard from both sides. Maybe being on live radio got him nervous enough to completely forget this, but it happened.

The prize originally was intended for the final blow on the titan (the only bit of information actually available on the forum post). The final blow went to the defense fleet. (and thus an unfair fleet won technically)
The defense fleet had a major logistical advantage and intel around the solar system.
The defense fleet was not against everyone else. It was a free for all. After all, not blue, shoot it.

The outcome of the defense fleet would not have been the same if it had been anyone else, because then that group would not have had the advantage that the defense fleet had. We actually would have liked to see a group hijack the titan and hold it till they decided to kill it which is likely to happen.

In the end, the defense fleet that WAS organized by Nassh got the final blow on the titan.
The defense fleet has been connected to Nassh.
The defense fleet knew 48 hours before everyone else where the titan would be located.
The defense fleet set up an impenetrable barrier that never engaged more than 250 people at once, even though there were 1700 people in local. (a defense barrier of reported 230+ members)
The final blow was the only condition for winning. This caused us to change the giveaways to top damage.

This is why we concluded with still sponsoring the live event (as we have bankers that will be there to do the giveaways of the rest of the ISK) but no longer sponsoring in-game events with this third party.

The sanctity of competition was compromised.

This post tells me, and just about everyone else, how little you understood about the event your group ran. By that post you made I am pretty sure that you don't have much PvP or large event experience. So let me help you out a bit.

THE DEFENSE FLEET MADE THAT EVENT A SUCCESS. Read what I just said again. Read it again. Do you understand that sentence? Good. Here is why the defense fleet made that event a success:
1. A defense fleet of ~230 pilots held off upwards of 1400 other pilots. In Eve PvP that is an incredible, and almost unheard of, feat.
2. Without the defense fleet, or a weaker defense fleet, the event would have sucked. Why? Because without them there, or being as strong as the were, the titan would have died quickly and everyone would have went back to highsec or whatever. It would have been a boring and quick event. No one was going to "highjack the titan" like you claim.
3. By having the inside information provided the defense force was able to get carriers, reships, and whatever else they needed to into the system before hand. This made it so that they were able to fight, die, and keep coming back with more ships. The result was an incredibly fun 4+ hour brawl.
4. The defense fleet definitely engaged FAR MORE than "250 pilots at once" that you claim. Ganked and Spectre fleet had well over 500+ people shooting at the defense fleet for several hours.
5. The defense fleet was far from an "impenetrable barrier" that you claim. They went up against hundreds of pilots flying the counter to the fleet they were flying, and lost dozens of faction and deadspace fit ships. I was personally on 40 of their KMs and I missed a lot of the kills because the ship was dead before I could lock it.

To be perfectly honest you should be thanking the defense fleet. You should be kneeling before them and kissing the ground they walk on. You should be begging that defense fleet to come back and be a third party again. Not whatever stupidity you are doing right now. This was a wild success thanks to the defense fleet. What is making this event leave a bad taste in my mouth is how you are treating the defense fleet afterwards.

If you don't believe me take a read at what CSM member, Ganked Fleet FC Mangala Solaris said about the event: link
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#74 - 2015-01-06 02:48:28 UTC
All I know is all the primary FC's said they had a blast, most of the players said they had a great time, and I had one of the most intense logi fights in my Eve career; I consider this OP Success. I don't care what some try hard Eve24 reporter or even the "wallet" has to say about it.
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#75 - 2015-01-06 03:26:24 UTC  |  Edited by: I Want ISK
Regardless of what everyone's opinions on what went wrong and what went right is, our conclusion will not change.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.
We will no longer host in-game events using this third party.

The fight was indeed amazing.
* Especially for the defense fleet whom padded their kill mails and even got the titan kill.

We understand most players had fun but an event CAN be fun and end the wrong way. As this one did.

We are unhappy with how it was marketed and maintained as well as being unhappy with the fact that the defense fleet got the final blow, when the defense fleet should not have participated on the kill.

Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.

We're not arguing the outcome. Our conclusion is set in stone.

For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

"The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO. "

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

Aliventi
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#76 - 2015-01-06 03:54:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliventi
I Want ISK wrote:
Regardless of what everyone's opinions on what went wrong and what went right is, our conclusion will not change.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.
We will no longer host in-game events using this third party.

The fight was indeed amazing.
* Especially for the defense fleet whom padded their kill mails and even got the titan kill.

We understand most players had fun but an event CAN be fun and end the wrong way. As this one did.

We are unhappy with how it was marketed and maintained as well as being unhappy with the fact that the defense fleet got the final blow, when the defense fleet should not have participated on the kill.

Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.

We're not arguing the outcome. Our conclusion is set in stone.

For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

"The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO. "

Wow.... You just don't get it. The only person making IWantIsk look bad is yourself. Just because you came to a conclusion doesn't mean it is the right one. All you have done this entire thread is spew incorrect information about the event. Based upon the information you have put forth it is pretty clear you don't even know what happened at the event. If you don't know what happened how can you possibly come to a correct conclusion about what happened? You have people on both sides and FCs on both sides telling you it was awesome and yet you are demanding an apology from the group that made it so great. You are a walking and talking PR disaster...

Your big complaint is that the defense fleet helped kill the titan they defended. Based upon your previous statements I doubt you looked into the event enough to know that the defense fleet, upon realizing the fight was over, invited everyone back to help kill the titan. Some people took up that offer, others didn't and left. At the end of the day the titan needed to die. Review the killmail. There are hundreds of pilots not affiliated with the defense fleet on the killmail. Any single one of them could have gotten final blow. Trust me. It has happened to me before. For you to even think for a moment that the defense fleet didn't deserve to help kill the titan shows how little you understand about how much time, effort, and isk they put into making this event a success. They did everything right by inviting people back and very much deserved to help kill the titan. You should be ashamed and feel very embarrassed for demanding any form of apology at all.
I Want ISK
I Want ISK Corp
#77 - 2015-01-06 03:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: I Want ISK
Aliventi wrote:
I Want ISK wrote:
Regardless of what everyone's opinions on what went wrong and what went right is, our conclusion will not change.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.
We will no longer host in-game events using this third party.

The fight was indeed amazing.
* Especially for the defense fleet whom padded their kill mails and even got the titan kill.

We understand most players had fun but an event CAN be fun and end the wrong way. As this one did.

We are unhappy with how it was marketed and maintained as well as being unhappy with the fact that the defense fleet got the final blow, when the defense fleet should not have participated on the kill.

Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.

We're not arguing the outcome. Our conclusion is set in stone.

For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

"The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO. "

Wow.... You just don't get it. The only person making IWantIsk look bad is yourself. Just because you came to a conclusion doesn't mean it is the right one. All you have done this entire thread is spew incorrect information about the event. Based upon the information you have put forth it is pretty clear you don't even know what happened at the event. You have people on both sides and FCs on both sides telling you it was awesome and yet you are demanding an apology from the group that made it so great. You are a walking and talking PR disaster...

Your big complaint is that the defense fleet helped kill the titan they defended. Based upon your previous statements I doubt you looked into the event enough to know that the defense fleet, upon realizing the fight was over, invited everyone back to help kill the titan. Some people took up that offer, others didn't and left. At the end of the day the titan needed to die. Review the killmail. There are hundreds of pilots not affiliated with the defense fleet on the killmail. Any single one of them could have gotten final blow. Trust me. It has happened to me before. For you to even think for a moment that the defense fleet didn't deserve to help kill the titan shows how little you understand about how much time, effort, and isk they put into making this event a success. They did everything right by inviting people back and very much deserved to help kill the titan. You should be ashamed and feel very embarrassed for demanding any form of apology at all.


For those of you that seem to be confused as to how this was a fun little failure, repeat this in your own head.

The titan was killed by the defense fleet. A BIG NO NO.

EVE's only gambling engine IwantISK.com

ISK IRON BANK
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2015-01-06 04:12:10 UTC
This thread is adorable Roll
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#79 - 2015-01-06 05:56:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Dread Operative
I Want ISK wrote:
Since there is so much confusion, I would like Nassh Kadavr to apologize publicly to IwantISK.com and staff for making us look bad and for setting up an event to be in their fleet's favor causing the winner of the event to be a fleet member hired by the host. If no apology is found we will be forced to retract our sponsorship for #EVE_nt in any current and future events, be it live in person or in-game. Not a threat, a promise.


Didn't set rules or stipulations to the event, didn't attend, can get ******.



Guys, guys, guys, the hundred of people that flew in the event are wrong and stupid, these carebears are right. Deal with it already.
Meredan Shus
Missionary Creations
#80 - 2015-01-06 07:37:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Meredan Shus
So I was part of the Spectre fleet and I couldn't care less about the prize money but;

The only loud noise anyone is making is "I Want Isk" which is weird being a sponsor which makes you look very bad. If you'd had any sense of marketing or advertisement and considering the total budget you guys had the thing to do right now is to apologize for you bad behavior in the hope to save things.

Nashh should not be apologizing he did what anyone els would do in eve and the same scenario would happen in any other event.

It's a real shame I Want Isk is behaving this way and have literally no ingame or for the matter PR experience and it really shows who I Want ISK are I Want Isk better start behaving a bit better because this is very bad PR.

as to capital letters.

I AND ALL MY FRIENDS THAT PARTICIPATED THANKS NASHH FOR THIS BLAST OF AN EVENT (had our adrenaline running for hours) AND WE WON'T BE JOINING ANY OF I WANT ISK WEBSITE SEING WHAT THEY ARE TRUELY ALL ABOUT.

Looking forward to the next event

cheers Nashh