These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

♛♛ Bobmon, CSM 10 ♛♛

First post First post First post
Author
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#121 - 2015-01-03 21:56:56 UTC
Updating my PC hardware, Sorry if I miss your conversations! Please mail me if you have questions!

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

randy machoballs
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#122 - 2015-01-04 15:20:14 UTC
-10.0/10

would not bang.
Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#123 - 2015-01-10 01:56:58 UTC
I have several points of contention as well as questions regarding the answers you gave to Wiggles on Eve Radio, but rather than create a post a mile long, I would like to just bring up one subject regarding character and how important you think it is for someone to be able to make decisions and provide feedback to the players or CCP based on having all the information (Which is a KEY character trait of a good CSM member).

You recently published an article regarding Nashh Kadavr that clearly summarized Nashh as "the host" of this event INTENDED to scam this event for himself.

Notwithstanding that you were personally on comms when Nashh was being ambushed by IWantISK, by your own admission you knew how emotionally worked up and tired he was after putting on this content for the community's benefit. Despite knowing that there were no direct accusations made at that time, you decided to run a half baked story that clearly cast Nashh Kadavr (A trusted and known content creator in this game) in a negative light, with the title of your tabloid bordering on libel. Unlike the story I inquired with you about regarding the GROON RMT accusations, you didn't have the courtesy of putting "supposed" or "alleged" anywhere within the story.

My questions with subsequent follow ups are as follows: Do you believe that running a tabloid article knowing that facts were still coming out justifies the RL stress this caused to a well known content creator and personality for this game? If so, do you believe that purposely driving out content creators is a good image that we want to set forward going into CSMX? Furthermore, do you believe knowing what you know now about the incident that it's important to have all the information before summarizing it in a fashion that is completely opposite of the facts?

(Yes this is all tongue in cheek. Based upon your answers given on Eve Radio and subsequent behavior during the #Eve_nt debacle, there is absolutely no way I could ever endorse someone with your values to represent my best interest on the CSM during a time when it's involvement and input will be at arguably during the most vital changes in our game's history. Stick to tabloids please)

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#124 - 2015-01-10 07:30:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Protovarious wrote:
I have several points of contention as well as questions regarding the answers you gave to Wiggles on Eve Radio, but rather than create a post a mile long, I would like to just bring up one subject regarding character and how important you think it is for someone to be able to make decisions and provide feedback to the players or CCP based on having all the information (Which is a KEY character trait of a good CSM member).

You recently published an article regarding Nashh Kadavr that clearly summarized Nashh as "the host" of this event INTENDED to scam this event for himself.

Notwithstanding that you were personally on comms when Nashh was being ambushed by IWantISK, by your own admission you knew how emotionally worked up and tired he was after putting on this content for the community's benefit. Despite knowing that there were no direct accusations made at that time, you decided to run a half baked story that clearly cast Nashh Kadavr (A trusted and known content creator in this game) in a negative light, with the title of your tabloid bordering on libel. Unlike the story I inquired with you about regarding the GROON RMT accusations, you didn't have the courtesy of putting "supposed" or "alleged" anywhere within the story.

My questions with subsequent follow ups are as follows: Do you believe that running a tabloid article knowing that facts were still coming out justifies the RL stress this caused to a well known content creator and personality for this game? If so, do you believe that purposely driving out content creators is a good image that we want to set forward going into CSMX? Furthermore, do you believe knowing what you know now about the incident that it's important to have all the information before summarizing it in a fashion that is completely opposite of the facts?

(Yes this is all tongue in cheek. Based upon your answers given on Eve Radio and subsequent behavior during the #Eve_nt debacle, there is absolutely no way I could ever endorse someone with your values to represent my best interest on the CSM during a time when it's involvement and input will be at arguably during the most vital changes in our game's history. Stick to tabloids please)


I still stand behind the things I said at EVE Radio which I think answers a lot of your questions. Is it good that somebody has stress in RL due to a game? Nope but he would be the first or the last player to experience that! The amount of sleepless nights I have are there too. Just because somebody did good doesn't mean he is immune to criticism, although I do feel that I could have added a bit more of Nash sides at the beginning, but due to his emotional state I decided to give him some room and wait for the next morning. I'm always learning on the go so I guess this has been a good case to take into account next time.

in the end of the day I appreciate and love Nash work! Now this happend, I learned from it, I left it behind me and I am looking at the future

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#125 - 2015-01-10 08:35:35 UTC
We've heard that before, Bobmon. Were you looking forward last year when you agreed to higher standards in Eve related journalism back in June?

http://crossingzebras.com/cz-minutes-ethical-considerations-part-1/

If so, you're still setting the example of why EN24 pieces have the stereotype they do. How much looking forward must you do before it sinks in?

When people are truly passionate about something, there is RL emotional investment. It remains to be seen if your rush to paint someone as dishonest without so much as one caveat has cost the game a legitimate content creator. If you believe your conscience is truly clear regarding your "expose" of #Eve_nt, then you have a whole lot of maturing to do in terms of respect.

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#126 - 2015-01-10 08:38:30 UTC
You said on Eve Radio that you and Riverini were different. Show me. Until then, -1

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#127 - 2015-01-10 12:46:28 UTC
Protovarious wrote:
We've heard that before, Bobmon. Were you looking forward last year when you agreed to higher standards in Eve related journalism back in June?

http://crossingzebras.com/cz-minutes-ethical-considerations-part-1/

If so, you're still setting the example of why EN24 pieces have the stereotype they do. How much looking forward must you do before it sinks in?

When people are truly passionate about something, there is RL emotional investment. It remains to be seen if your rush to paint someone as dishonest without so much as one caveat has cost the game a legitimate content creator. If you believe your conscience is truly clear regarding your "expose" of #Eve_nt, then you have a whole lot of maturing to do in terms of respect.


Are we Real journalists? No, we are EVE players who write stories.... I understand that he is emotional attached, And I am sorry for what happens, but fact remains that people came to me with the side of the story that I wrote, And so I wrote up up, But kept all communication open for Nash to give me his side of the story.

In the end of the day, If he has a problem with me then he should come to me! We talked it out and our relationship is now on the same terms as it was before this whole event. Lets leave it at that

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#128 - 2015-01-11 08:26:48 UTC
Nashh was just the latest catalyst I can point to. Don't agree to something just because you're sitting across a virtual table from TMC and CZ then imply that doesn't matter because you don't see yourself as a "journalist". That's evidence to all of us that you're both willing and capable of the same kind of behavior on the CSM.

If this was strictly about #Eve_nt, I wouldn't waste my time.

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#129 - 2015-01-11 19:14:54 UTC
SWEET I can confirm that I will be going to fanfest 2015 ! WOOOT #PARTYTIMEEEEE

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#130 - 2015-01-11 23:22:36 UTC
Bobmon wrote:


Arrow#4 Jump Fatigue
Jump fatigue had increadable effects but it ruins a lot of fun for the individual pilot. I hate this, I find it very strange that me as a individual pilot im forced to basicly not use a certain ship because it will stop me later on in joining up fleets. I think the future would be much better if we created a so called: Jump Button. This would work as followed:

Right click modle -> Select system (current menu) -> click system, jump -> Wait certain time (10mins) and continue.

Arrow#5 Capitals
Capitals are really not as OP as some groups say they are. their problem is just that they are good at a little bit of everything. I think we should look into the roles of each capital and make it more focused. in order to achieve this more focused role you could for instance split up the carriers into a DPS variant and a Logi variant.

I think Jump fatigue has a lot of bad effects, and I would like to see it adjusted to a minimal scale. If I look back at the discussion then I think Elise Randolph sums it up the best and I 100% Agree with what says about it (link to the forum thread)


You say Jump Fatigue has "had increadable effects". What kind of mechanic would you envisage that might allow an individual pilot to move his capitals more freely that couldn't be used by hundreds of individual pilots (who all coincidentally belong to the same alliance or coalition) to take us right back to the bad old days of capital swarms crossing the map in a few minutes? Jump Fatigue "adjusted to a minimal scale" would be pointless - you're effectively arguing for the removal of the mechanic. Perhaps the old days were fun for PL, but for everyone else the nullsec map was a festering pile of static, stagnant boredom by the time the travel nerf was introduced; in contrast, there are now 3 or 4 seperate wars active right now.

I feel like you either don't understand what the JF mechanic was intended to achieve, or else you simply don't care. Neither possibility is a compelling reason to vote for someone who is campaigning on a nullsec platform.

If you can square this circle and think of a way to allow individuals to move while stopping fleets from doing the same, then you'll have more than earned a place in CSM X. But I rather doubt you can. Your own alliance mates are perhaps the most skilled in the game at optimising any edge cases - perhaps they can help you design a mechnic that even they can't exploit?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#131 - 2015-01-12 00:13:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Malcanis wrote:
Bobmon wrote:


Arrow#4 Jump Fatigue
Jump fatigue had increadable effects but it ruins a lot of fun for the individual pilot. I hate this, I find it very strange that me as a individual pilot im forced to basicly not use a certain ship because it will stop me later on in joining up fleets. I think the future would be much better if we created a so called: Jump Button. This would work as followed:

Right click modle -> Select system (current menu) -> click system, jump -> Wait certain time (10mins) and continue.

Arrow#5 Capitals
Capitals are really not as OP as some groups say they are. their problem is just that they are good at a little bit of everything. I think we should look into the roles of each capital and make it more focused. in order to achieve this more focused role you could for instance split up the carriers into a DPS variant and a Logi variant.

I think Jump fatigue has a lot of bad effects, and I would like to see it adjusted to a minimal scale. If I look back at the discussion then I think Elise Randolph sums it up the best and I 100% Agree with what says about it (link to the forum thread)


You say Jump Fatigue has "had increadable effects". What kind of mechanic would you envisage that might allow an individual pilot to move his capitals more freely that couldn't be used by hundreds of individual pilots (who all coincidentally belong to the same alliance or coalition) to take us right back to the bad old days of capital swarms crossing the map in a few minutes? Jump Fatigue "adjusted to a minimal scale" would be pointless - you're effectively arguing for the removal of the mechanic. Perhaps the old days were fun for PL, but for everyone else the nullsec map was a festering pile of static, stagnant boredom by the time the travel nerf was introduced; in contrast, there are now 3 or 4 seperate wars active right now.

I feel like you either don't understand what the JF mechanic was intended to achieve, or else you simply don't care. Neither possibility is a compelling reason to vote for someone who is campaigning on a nullsec platform.

If you can square this circle and think of a way to allow individuals to move while stopping fleets from doing the same, then you'll have more than earned a place in CSM X. But I rather doubt you can. Your own alliance mates are perhaps the most skilled in the game at optimising any edge cases - perhaps they can help you design a mechnic that even they can't exploit?


The jump fatigue effect has been great however I think the mechanic itself is a bit harsh cause it flows over into other activities then for the individual pilot. I would make it so that your time between jumps is long (10mins or so). through this you don't have any overflow of fatigue and it will still take a long time for a capital to move around.

Wars didn't happen purely because of Jump Fatigue (there were wars brewing before the changes were announced which actually were canceled by many alliances). Wars happen because the Cards were shuffled allowing pilots to play again, Again the effect was great it just needs some fine tuning, take out parts and put in new ones.

also I liked what you said here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5389362#post5389362

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

appocalypsse
State War Academy
Caldari State
#132 - 2015-01-12 02:13:25 UTC
I have several questions.

1) where do you get the 10 mins from for jump timer, any research done or just a number you pulled out your arse?

2) on justforcrits you were asked "If you weren’t running, but you could singlehandedly ensure that any other person in EVE would be elected to CSM, who would you pick and why."

you listed

1) CoreBloodbrothers
2) Tora Bushido
3) Manfred Sideous
4) Xander Phoena
5) Sion Kumitomo
6) Endie

you said Because these people all have proven themselves to understand, the game and they are nice dudes to hang with!

so part a) do you really think all these people understand the game be honest? please justify your answer

b) do you think you should voting people on cos "they are nice dudes to hang with!" is a valid reason to be on the csm
Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#133 - 2015-01-12 16:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
appocalypsse wrote:
I have several questions.

1) where do you get the 10 mins from for jump timer, any research done or just a number you pulled out your arse?

2) on justforcrits you were asked "If you weren’t running, but you could singlehandedly ensure that any other person in EVE would be elected to CSM, who would you pick and why."

you listed

1) CoreBloodbrothers
2) Tora Bushido
3) Manfred Sideous
4) Xander Phoena
5) Sion Kumitomo
6) Endie

you said Because these people all have proven themselves to understand, the game and they are nice dudes to hang with!

so part a) do you really think all these people understand the game be honest? please justify your answer

b) do you think you should voting people on cos "they are nice dudes to hang with!" is a valid reason to be on the csm


1) It was based on the following: Siege cycle is 5 mins - doomday is 10mins cooldown.
2)
a = I have spoked with all players, some even in RL and yes they gave me the feeling that they would be successful!
b = that was a personal statement and in general I like to vote on somebody who is actually a nice guy

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#134 - 2015-01-12 16:14:12 UTC
Updated second post with another possible idea:

Arrow#13 SBU's
Make them single use, so once you drop them, they are dropped. This would remove the defensive SBU tactic cause you would basically make your own system vulnerable. This would stimulate multiple things such as: more objective based fights, sbu market will go up, PI market will go up.

This means more fights, more isk for pilots!

Onces sov drops all SBU's will be either blown up automaticly or turned offline (easy to destroy)!

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#135 - 2015-01-12 22:47:56 UTC
Bobmon wrote:
Updated second post with another possible idea:

Arrow#13 SBU's
Make them single use, so once you drop them, they are dropped. This would remove the defensive SBU tactic cause you would basically make your own system vulnerable. This would stimulate multiple things such as: more objective based fights, sbu market will go up, PI market will go up.

This means more fights, more isk for pilots!

Onces sov drops all SBU's will be either blown up automaticly or turned offline (easy to destroy)!


I rather think that we're all hoping for a sov system rework sufficiently radical that SBUs no longer exist. But this would be a good interim patch.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hasan al-Askari Mujahideen
War. Mongers
#136 - 2015-01-13 00:47:33 UTC
i like eve 24 it is good unbiased news
KaRa DaVuT
Resurrection Complex
RAZOR Alliance
#137 - 2015-01-13 07:15:45 UTC
Hasan al-Askari Mujahideen wrote:
i like eve 24 it is good unbiased news


:SARCASM:

Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is in your heart and on your mind... And what you decide to do every day, makes you - not your race - a good man - or not.

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#138 - 2015-01-13 18:40:02 UTC
I have found an awesome example of something I want to see more off, regarding CSM's publicity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLXvu_l0ygw This type of insights in the CSM team would be great to have more of on live streams etc.

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#139 - 2015-01-16 10:11:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobmon
Update: my EN24 post will likely go up around the 20th

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Bobmon
The Collective
Brothers of Tangra
#140 - 2015-01-19 21:08:44 UTC
Yet another awesome trailer
http://youtu.be/YJ6Y0QaXvPo

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12