These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Alert] Jove space and UUA-F4

First post
Author
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#61 - 2014-12-03 17:43:37 UTC
Siegfried Tahl wrote:
Shattered Constellations


  • C-C00327: J001348 J001398 J001670 J002838 J003789 J004283 J005923 J011339 J011563 J012794 J014348
  • D-C00328: J001302 J001769 J002423 J002625 J004150 J004470 J005259 J005280 J005299 J005872 J005969 J010247 J010556 J011195 J011355 J011376 J011778 J011824
  • E-C00329: J001025 J001694 J001820 J003382 J003546 J003793 J003941 J004128 J004921 J004998 J005070 J005223 J005663 J005724 J010811 J011790 J012578 J012773 J013146
  • F-C00330: J010366 J010951 J012475 J012686 J015227


In my bio on Sisi viewable links for those ^

Out of them I visited J011376 and J005872. There were WH in, WH out, Shattered asteroid field, Shattered ice field, Shattered planets, A0 IV Turbelunt Blue Subgiant star, normal combat anomaly, normal scannable gas site. Pretty boring places, no lore sites or findings so far.


Just to clarify, this is on sisi, right? The current live SDE has none of that.

TQ SDE shows 10 systems with a shattered planet, the 9 already mentioned above (all planet 1), and PE1-R1 Planet VII. Coincidentally, PE1 is where AT XII took place, and is adjacent to Polaris in UUA-F4. Not sure if significant.

PE1 star is a type G3 Pink Small. Planet 7 is not the last planet in the system. It has 11 planets in total.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Erin Crawford
#62 - 2014-12-03 17:45:14 UTC
Nishachara wrote:
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Stargate SG-1. One must always look to Stargate SG-1 for guidance in times like these...

Samantha Carter is out there, somewhere, getting ready to blow up that shiny new sun everyone is seeing in Apophis's..er..the Jove's faces....

Then the Orai...er..big alliances, are going to build super-gates to get us there.

All of this happened before, it will happen again.

Damnit, that's Battlestar Galactica isn't it?

F



...i agree... resistance is futile unless we trust in the Force.

The Spice must Flow...

But, the flow will only spice because it is not the spoon that bends it is only yourself..!
...wait, what? Blink


Thanks again to all those digging up this info.
Have really been enjoying these posts the last couple of days.

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Zetsubou Gakusei
EMO Kids
Mistakes Were Made.
#63 - 2014-12-03 17:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Zetsubou Gakusei
Dotlan keeps showing jumps happening in several systems in UUA-F4, I wonder if it's just CCP testing stuff or they are actually making them happen hoping people checking the map statistics will notice.

It appears they happen at downtime
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#64 - 2014-12-03 18:12:39 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
Siegfried Tahl wrote:
Shattered Constellations


  • C-C00327: J001348 J001398 J001670 J002838 J003789 J004283 J005923 J011339 J011563 J012794 J014348
  • D-C00328: J001302 J001769 J002423 J002625 J004150 J004470 J005259 J005280 J005299 J005872 J005969 J010247 J010556 J011195 J011355 J011376 J011778 J011824
  • E-C00329: J001025 J001694 J001820 J003382 J003546 J003793 J003941 J004128 J004921 J004998 J005070 J005223 J005663 J005724 J010811 J011790 J012578 J012773 J013146
  • F-C00330: J010366 J010951 J012475 J012686 J015227


In my bio on Sisi viewable links for those ^

Out of them I visited J011376 and J005872. There were WH in, WH out, Shattered asteroid field, Shattered ice field, Shattered planets, A0 IV Turbelunt Blue Subgiant star, normal combat anomaly, normal scannable gas site. Pretty boring places, no lore sites or findings so far.


Just to clarify, this is on sisi, right? The current live SDE has none of that.

TQ SDE shows 10 systems with a shattered planet, the 9 already mentioned above (all planet 1), and PE1-R1 Planet VII. Coincidentally, PE1 is where AT XII took place, and is adjacent to Polaris in UUA-F4. Not sure if significant.

PE1 star is a type G3 Pink Small. Planet 7 is not the last planet in the system. It has 11 planets in total.


SISI, yep. New Mirror happened on SISI today, I got a portion of SP but lost all the new bookmarks and links I put in bio, so no constellations links anymore.

I had links for G-C00324 - Thera, B-C00326 to F-C00330 new constellstions with 65 systems in them, all added to existing WH regions. Each had 4 to 9 planets, all shattered.

You go any WH, right-click its name in left corner, 'Show in Mapbrowser', right-click region, there be a list of constellstions in it
http://i.imgur.com/mrsAJVk.jpg
Some have new constellations added, some dont (after all theres 310 old ones and ~20 new).
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#65 - 2014-12-03 18:19:18 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Trii seo did the calculations and got 12000 LY


Clearly, those 2 systems are not 12000 ly apart. The x,y,z coordinates in the SDE are in meters not kilometers. That would explain how he got 12000ly instead of 12.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#66 - 2014-12-04 15:37:47 UTC
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/UUA-F4#shattered

Shattered planet in PE1. Hmm...

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Muzzaroo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#67 - 2014-12-06 16:24:06 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/UUA-F4#shattered

Shattered planet in PE1. Hmm...



Shattered worlds were once terrestrial planets, torn asunder by some immense cataclysm. All such worlds in the New Eden cluster are products of the disastrous stellar events that occurred during the "Seyllin Incident". However, reports continue to circulate of similar planets discovered in the unmapped systems reached exclusively through unstable wormholes. How these met their fate, if indeed they exist at all, is unknown.
AOSA
Atreidun Order
#68 - 2014-12-12 04:28:54 UTC
Slightly off topic, but still quite relevant and supportive of other theory mentioned here, why would CCP place SoE ships under the pirate faction category if they were neutral or have good intentions for them? I mean ORE ships are not placed under pirate faction lists. I agree that SoE was likely up to no good and is just capitalizing of the ignorance of the empires and Capsuleers, scouting WH's and utilizing their connections to find a new way to construct a new Eve Gate.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#69 - 2014-12-21 23:39:12 UTC
Siegfried Tahl wrote:


I had links for G-C00324 - Thera, B-C00326 to F-C00330 new constellstions with 65 systems in them, all added to existing WH regions. Each had 4 to 9 planets, all shattered.

You go any WH, right-click its name in left corner, 'Show in Mapbrowser', right-click region, there be a list of constellstions in it
http://i.imgur.com/mrsAJVk.jpg
"


... all the hidden things, so much info in EVE :S

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Araceli Gabriela
Mining Scouts
#70 - 2014-12-29 09:22:42 UTC
In a WH (J005280) that brought back db errors so I googled it and found this somewhat recent thread with this WH in it. I've been in these before, but this is the first time it never came up in third party stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/0TSjySd.png

http://i.imgur.com/8Gl8lE8.png

for what its worth
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2014-12-29 12:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
AOSA wrote:
Slightly off topic, but still quite relevant and supportive of other theory mentioned here, why would CCP place SoE ships under the pirate faction category if they were neutral or have good intentions for them? I mean ORE ships are not placed under pirate faction lists. I agree that SoE was likely up to no good and is just capitalizing of the ignorance of the empires and Capsuleers, scouting WH's and utilizing their connections to find a new way to construct a new Eve Gate.

Ore ships don't fit that paradigm of requiring 2 racial skills to fly, so there's that.

That said, something like "constructing new EVE gate" doesn't necessarily mean that whoever is going to attempt that is "up to no good". That said, we don't know much of their intentions and we are just speculating here, so...
Bob Maths
EVE University
Ivy League
#72 - 2014-12-29 12:38:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Bob Maths
Don't any of you use parsecs, the standard astronomical unit for distances? Also, you really need to use more accurate methods of measuring distances of the astronomical kind.
Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#73 - 2014-12-29 13:34:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
Bob Maths wrote:
Don't any of you use parsecs, the standard astronomical unit for distances? Also, you really need to use more accurate methods of measuring distances of the astronomical kind.


People use the measuring units given by the game. For 'astronomical distances' Eve uses Lightyears, Astronomical Unit & KiloMetres to measure its distances.

While Parsec is the official interstellar measuring unit in the real world, it has no bearing in Eve. Denerally, most ingame unknown distances are achieved by trigonometry, as the parallax measurement, often used in astronomy to measure distances generally doesn't work in EvE.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Bob Maths
EVE University
Ivy League
#74 - 2014-12-29 13:50:56 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Bob Maths wrote:
Don't any of you use parsecs, the standard astronomical unit for distances? Also, you really need to use more accurate methods of measuring distances of the astronomical kind.


People use the measuring units given by the game. For 'astronomical distances' Eve uses Lightyears, Astronomical Unit & KiloMetres to measure its distances.

While Parsec is the official interstellar measuring unit in the real world, it has no bearing in Eve. Denerally, most ingame unknown distances are achieved by trigonometry, as the parallax measurement, often used in astronomy to measure distances generally doesn't work in EvE.



Don't tell me you're using sine and cosine rules along with the undefeatable pythagoras' theorem? How can I doubt your calculations now?
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#75 - 2014-12-29 17:35:28 UTC
Bob Maths wrote:
Don't any of you use parsecs, the standard astronomical unit for distances? Also, you really need to use more accurate methods of measuring distances of the astronomical kind.


Growing up on Corellia they taught us in school that a parsec was a measure of speed.
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#76 - 2014-12-29 17:45:28 UTC
Bob Maths wrote:
Don't any of you use parsecs, the standard astronomical unit for distances?

One astronomical unit is one astronomical unit, which is roughly the distance from Earth to Sol. (not me)

Wikipedia wrote:
One parsec is the distance at which one astronomical unit subtends an angle of one arcsecond.[1]


Wikipedia wrote:
A second of arc (arcsecond, arcsec) is 1⁄60 of an arc minute, 1⁄3,600 of a degree, 1⁄1,296,000 of a circle, and π⁄648,000 (about 1⁄206,265) of a radian.


Wikipedia wrote:
A minute of arc (MOA), arcminute (arcmin) or minute arc is a unit of angular measurement equal to one-sixtieth (1⁄60) of one degree.



I know what you wanted to say, but the way you said it ... nope.


Thanks.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#77 - 2014-12-29 19:36:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
Bob Maths wrote:


Don't tell me you're using sine and cosine rules along with the undefeatable pythagoras' theorem? How can I doubt your calculations now?


You are indeed correct Cool But as you can imagine, there's still a wide margin of error, hence the calculations & observations are done by multiple people, from multiple locations.
Repeated measurements & calculations reduce the margin of error, a simple scientific principle.
A recent example of this was measuring the location of Caroline's Star, which was determined to be happening in in the region next to Jove space, in or very close to the W477-P system. Note, a few close-by systems were also considered, due to the margin of error.

Later on official confirmation came in through CCP in their ingame newsarticle about Caroline's Star: Stellar anomaly detected by Capsuleers, Scientists baffled by superluminary effects confirming that W477-P was indeed the system with the exploding star.


Soldarius wrote:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/UUA-F4#shattered

Shattered planet in PE1. Hmm...


This one's been around for a while and people investigating lore don't know what to do with it. Reason is because it's not sure if it is 'canon' or a CCP test system. If you check out the system details in the game, you'll notice it has exactly 1 of each planet, with the shattered world the furthest away (as if added last, a plausibility as shattered world were the last worldtype included)
Generally, this system is excluded when looking into the mystery of the shattered worlds of Seyllin (albeit always kept in mind, just in case)

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Jenshae Chiroptera
#78 - 2014-12-30 04:27:10 UTC
Erin Crawford wrote:
But, the flow will only spice because it is not the spoon that bends it is only yourself..!
...wait, what? Blink.


Was it so in the past of the future that humans did what is yet to be done as an extension of the unrealised reality?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#79 - 2014-12-30 10:36:58 UTC
Nyphur wrote:


Working theory:
My current working theory is that SOE used Sansha's Nation's wormhole-controlling tech to explore UUA-F4 and found systems with shattered planets. They got to J-YQEC and discovered the Talocan equipment on the star, which was designed to extract something from the star and open massive wormholes over long distances (like an artificial EVE Gate). The Talocan may even have been migratory because they were extracting a finite rare resource from stars or testing stars for the potential to open a stable wormhole to Earth.

SOE built up stations in the system and researched the device, then attempted a test by opening a wormhole to the W477-P system (where the "star" has been localised to). Thera's star went unstable and fired off several huge CMEs, destroying the stations on the inner planets and causing the shattering event in the region that destroyed all the stargates. Similar to how the Seylinn disaster caused unstable wormholes to sleeper space, this disaster has opened wormholes to UUA-F4 and Thera gets the most static wormholes as it's the epicentre of the phenomenon.

Thera will become the site of research into creating an artificial supergate to another galaxy to where the Talocan went. Check out the Prophecy trailer from Fanfest 2014, notice how it's in a system with a blue star like Thera? We know CCP plans to have the whole playerbase work together to build and fight over the first player-built stargate, so why not in a hub system like Thera?


By all accounts and assumptions SOE is heavily manipulated by the Jove so no need for them to "barge in" the Jove systems like that - unless they could not have predicted where the outter end will appear. I also doubt that the Jove would have agreed to experiment on one of their own systems (especially when the knowledge on this is at best scarce).

I have this sense that soon we will enter Jove space only to find a desolate battlefield...
A0 stars must be something the Sleepers really appreciate :)

Fornicate The Constabulary !

Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-12-30 10:42:33 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Erin Crawford wrote:
But, the flow will only spice because it is not the spoon that bends it is only yourself..!
...wait, what? Blink.


Was it so in the past of the future that humans did what is yet to be done as an extension of the unrealised reality?


Quick Ripley, take this ring to Han Solo so that Neo can defeat the Cylons!

Fornicate The Constabulary !