These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Alert] Jove space and UUA-F4

First post
Author
Leannor
BlackWatch Industrial Group
Reckless Contingency.
#41 - 2014-12-01 13:53:31 UTC
Any chance a Dev could come on here and (where able) confirm things as correct or wrong? Surely there's many bits being talked about here which are able to be confirmed like that without giving away any secrets?

That said, I rekon the Dev's must love these kind of threads. I know I would. Having people that inetrested enough to hyperbole and theorise on your creation (rightly or wrongly, or even just damn closely) would be awesome :)

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Nyphur
Pillowsoft
#42 - 2014-12-01 14:29:00 UTC
Leannor wrote:
Any chance a Dev could come on here and (where able) confirm things as correct or wrong? Surely there's many bits being talked about here which are able to be confirmed like that without giving away any secrets?

That said, I rekon the Dev's must love these kind of threads. I know I would. Having people that inetrested enough to hyperbole and theorise on your creation (rightly or wrongly, or even just damn closely) would be awesome :)

I think that would entirely spoil the fun. A huge part of what drew me to EVE back in 2004 was the idea that there could be secrets out there to unwravel and devs wouldn't confirm or deny them. I remember accidentally finding Taisu Magdesh's hidden mercenary complex in my home system of Thelan back when his tag was selling for 250-500m a pop, and my corpmates and I spun all kinds of theories about connections with Serpentis activity in the area.

When the COSMOS constellations opened and injected hints about the ancient Talocan, Yan Jung, Sleeper and Takmahl races and the activities of the Rogue Drones, it kicked that curiosity into overdrive and people like Pottsey and I started to piece together all the information from hidden exploration sites, in-character news posts and official chronicles. In recent years it's been people like Mark726 and a host of other players who have really dug into the secrets of the game, answering questions like how far W-Space is from K-space and compiling more data on the ancient civs. For a lot of people, this lore isn't just a curiosity or fiction; It's a core part of the game and a secret they want to try to unwravel. As CCP's focusing more on live events and making the storyline tie together these days, that's going to increasingly be the case.

Also, I think the devs like to watch the theories players come up with and use it to help guide the storyline long-term :p.
Leannor
BlackWatch Industrial Group
Reckless Contingency.
#43 - 2014-12-01 16:52:40 UTC
Nyphur wrote:
Leannor wrote:
Any chance a Dev could come on here and (where able) confirm things as correct or wrong? Surely there's many bits being talked about here which are able to be confirmed like that without giving away any secrets?

That said, I rekon the Dev's must love these kind of threads. I know I would. Having people that inetrested enough to hyperbole and theorise on your creation (rightly or wrongly, or even just damn closely) would be awesome :)

I think that would entirely spoil the fun. A huge part of what drew me to EVE back in 2004 was the idea that there could be secrets out there to unwravel and devs wouldn't confirm or deny them. I remember accidentally finding Taisu Magdesh's hidden mercenary complex in my home system of Thelan back when his tag was selling for 250-500m a pop, and my corpmates and I spun all kinds of theories about connections with Serpentis activity in the area.

When the COSMOS constellations opened and injected hints about the ancient Talocan, Yan Jung, Sleeper and Takmahl races and the activities of the Rogue Drones, it kicked that curiosity into overdrive and people like Pottsey and I started to piece together all the information from hidden exploration sites, in-character news posts and official chronicles. In recent years it's been people like Mark726 and a host of other players who have really dug into the secrets of the game, answering questions like how far W-Space is from K-space and compiling more data on the ancient civs. For a lot of people, this lore isn't just a curiosity or fiction; It's a core part of the game and a secret they want to try to unwravel. As CCP's focusing more on live events and making the storyline tie together these days, that's going to increasingly be the case.

Also, I think the devs like to watch the theories players come up with and use it to help guide the storyline long-term :p.


oh, totally agree, I just mean confirming something that's supposed to be 'out there' but everyone has got wrong, and basing new theories off wrong information. Might be useful to say "actually guys, hate to break it to you but the width of a star is actually in meters not feet, so your calc's are all out ..." type thing ... (but maybe not quite so basic lol).

But, yeah, no 'giviing away secrets or surpsies

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Radax Glenn
Church of the Black Hand
#44 - 2014-12-01 22:12:12 UTC
Maybe additional confirmation to some of the UUA-F4 system tie in. Can't believe I missed this earlier, but check out the star map they posted on the EVE tumbler a few days back.

Star Map

It does appear that there are at least two links between Empire and UUA-F4.

Is this a visual error based on perspective, or do you feel this image indicates a link to UUA-F4?
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2014-12-02 02:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
So those structures shattered those systems, as well as gates. Does that mean they might shatter our **** too?

Pretty sure I'm spending the night poking unidentified structures, I've had enough thera undocking games anyway.
Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#46 - 2014-12-02 02:24:41 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#47 - 2014-12-02 02:26:48 UTC
Siegfried Tahl wrote:
Sad but its perspective thing. http://i.imgur.com/pDusBRT.png

Hasama, its Hasama again! Hmmm...

I think I know where I'm setting up camp on patch day and christmas Blink
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2014-12-02 03:12:37 UTC
Is Hasama noteworthy for some reason?
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#49 - 2014-12-02 05:51:40 UTC
Heavy breathing intensifies.

Thanks all for your ongoing research into exciting changes that are apparently coming!

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Lachesiss
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2014-12-02 09:08:31 UTC
Nothing to see here just Jove super weapons detonating.

On the third day after your birth myself and my sister's will come to you and decide your fate.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#51 - 2014-12-02 10:06:31 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
Is Hasama noteworthy for some reason?


Well Siegfried Tahl did found this structure on Sisi in Hasama: Unknown Cloaked Structure

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#52 - 2014-12-02 19:52:41 UTC
Stargate SG-1. One must always look to Stargate SG-1 for guidance in times like these...

Samantha Carter is out there, somewhere, getting ready to blow up that shiny new sun everyone is seeing in Apophis's..er..the Jove's faces....

Then the Orai...er..big alliances, are going to build super-gates to get us there.

All of this happened before, it will happen again.

Damnit, that's Battlestar Galactica isn't it?

F




Nishachara
Stillwater Corporation
#53 - 2014-12-02 20:44:36 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Stargate SG-1. One must always look to Stargate SG-1 for guidance in times like these...

Samantha Carter is out there, somewhere, getting ready to blow up that shiny new sun everyone is seeing in Apophis's..er..the Jove's faces....

Then the Orai...er..big alliances, are going to build super-gates to get us there.

All of this happened before, it will happen again.

Damnit, that's Battlestar Galactica isn't it?

F



...i agree... resistance is futile unless we trust in the Force.

The Spice must Flow...
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#54 - 2014-12-03 02:32:56 UTC
It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night.
Zahary Khema
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2014-12-03 12:07:52 UTC
Harrison Tato wrote:
It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night.

And the gate will lead us into Thirdspace...
Caja Wrython
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#56 - 2014-12-03 12:23:12 UTC
To lose this war means more than defeat, to surrender is to never go home. All of us must rise to the call... above and beyond.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#57 - 2014-12-03 15:07:05 UTC
By Grabthar's hammer, this thread is going places.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Zetsubou Gakusei
EMO Kids
Mistakes Were Made.
#58 - 2014-12-03 15:20:46 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Is Hasama noteworthy for some reason?


Well Siegfried Tahl did found this structure on Sisi in Hasama: Unknown Cloaked Structure


I still wonder HOW exactly he found it, I couldn't watch the video he posted.
Did he scan it? Was it a beacon?

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#59 - 2014-12-03 17:24:11 UTC
Radax Glenn wrote:
Great information from all parties! Big smile

More images, I've gathered here: Celestial Object in UUA

Question: I'm calculating "around" 14 or 15 light years between JZV-F4 and W477-P using the NeoCom map, and "eyeballing it". Can anyone confirm my numbers?


By my calculations and using data from the SDE, the distance between JZV and W477 is exactly 12.58827843 ly, or 1.19092*(10^14) kilometers (10^17 meters).

I tried confirming with DOTLAN. But they do not include Jove space or UUA region in its calculations. However, the math is easy enough.

distance = sqrt((x2-x1)^2+(y2-y1)^2+(z2-z1)^2) where:

system x y z
JZV-F4 1.28444E+16 5.79283E+16 1.67069E+17
W477-P 8.9479E+16 4.69391E+16 2.57563E+17


c/d?

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Anslo
Scope Works
#60 - 2014-12-03 17:29:42 UTC
Trii seo did the calculations and got 12000 LY

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]