These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] Pulse Lasers and Scorch

First post First post
Author
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2014-11-27 18:40:24 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
5% and 2%? that's really underwhelming. do bigger things please. you should be tring to make scorch/null/barrage into being like javelin or something, and making the guns usable with proper ammos. t2 ammo should be a niche thing imo.

javelin is pretty useless ammo as are all the T2 short range ammo on long range guns..

no, javelin is a nice example of T2 ammo done well. it's not a game-breaking replacement like scorch or null, it's an occasionally useful thing you carry around for when you really need more tracking.

At half the optimal range you get with Javelin in comparison to Navy Anti Matter you will need a lot more tracking than the ammo offers.
Argue that the Javelin concept is ok all you want
The stats suck regardless.
rhiload Feron-drake wrote:
nerfing weapon system used heavily in small gang pvp. gj fozzie your doing great

The change is borderline irrelevant. Calling it a nerf is laughable.

it doesn't suck, it's situational.
Billy Hardcore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-11-27 18:45:23 UTC
Yes..lets just nerf lasers. Cuz the most effective (only) way to easily counter stealth bombers and Ishtars is the logical step

#BillyFleet

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-11-27 19:09:17 UTC
Careful with these 5% here 5% there changes, i know the marine biologist on the team says "up the saltiness in the tank by 5% till the fishes dont like it", but if you, god forbid, apply it to something important, by the time you approach good numbers and a meaningful change, 4 patches later, the people really affected by the important thing will be long gone.
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#24 - 2014-11-27 19:17:14 UTC
im having trouble finding the dev blog on ishtars

i mean dont get me wrong scorch is strong but the relative imbalance of ishtars is a lot more obvious and widespread so surely the developers would not ignore that and make minor adjustments in other places for no reason???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#25 - 2014-11-27 19:22:05 UTC
Capqu wrote:

i mean dont get me wrong scorch is strong but the relative imbalance of ishtars is a lot more obvious and widespread so surely the developers would not ignore that and make minor adjustments in other places for no reason???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think we could all agree that the best couse of action would be to nerf missiles again..

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Capqu
Half Empty
#26 - 2014-11-27 19:24:06 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Capqu wrote:

I think we could all agree that the best couse of action would be to nerf missiles again..

i think the best course of action would involve a job at riot personally
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2014-11-27 19:26:27 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Capqu wrote:

-50% max velocity
+100% flight time

Viribus
1st Reddit Kiev Defense Brigade
#28 - 2014-11-27 19:33:14 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Capqu wrote:

-50% max velocity
+100% flight time

the other day I saw a triple-painted double-webbed interceptor-class warvessel die after a mere 60 seconds of being shot by heavy missiles, frankly this kind of damage application is disgustingly overpowered. I propose the following changes to heavy missiles:

current (proposed)
Explosion radius: 140 (250)
Explosion velocity: 81 (120)

this would bring heavies more in-line with CCP's vision for missiles, imo
Jayne Fillon
#29 - 2014-11-27 19:37:22 UTC
I'm shocked to hear that these changes preceded the inevitable, and imho overdue, nerfs to medium rails.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Gnadolin
Space Pioneers
#30 - 2014-11-27 19:37:40 UTC
Is it just me or am i missing the change at all? 2% less optimal with +25% falloff is something like 1%less damage at current optimal?
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#31 - 2014-11-27 19:39:06 UTC
Yes, changes need to be made. No, this is not adequate. And please don't tell us that it's OK because you can always tweak it again next release. That's what you said about the Ishtar.

Btw, when is the next module tiericide round?

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Capqu
Half Empty
#32 - 2014-11-27 19:40:45 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
I'm shocked to hear that these changes preceded the inevitable, and imho overdue, nerfs to medium rails.

LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRoll

ur delusional

-2.5% per level

fixed
Ix Method
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-11-27 19:50:25 UTC
No... no, nothing for tracking? *sobs*

Travelling at the speed of love.

Capqu
Half Empty
#34 - 2014-11-27 19:52:46 UTC
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#35 - 2014-11-27 19:57:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
Gnadolin wrote:
Is it just me or am i missing the change at all? 2% less optimal with +25% falloff is something like 1%less damage at current optimal?

the point being the nerf too scorch. via buffing the guns themselves (-10 scorch range nerf)

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

DR BiCarbonate
Doomriders.
#36 - 2014-11-27 20:15:07 UTC
Cool, a pretty much useless nerf. Now Fix medium autocannons. we've been living with the tracking enhancer nerf for quite some time now.
Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#37 - 2014-11-27 20:15:43 UTC
whelp.... 5%.... yea, that isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. Conflag, navy multifreq, and scorch are still with these new numbers the ONLY ammo types worth carrying on a pulse boat.
Lady Rohk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-11-27 20:28:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Rohk
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone.
Giga Pulses: +100%

So now a rev with 3x tracking computers (cause what else are you gonna fit the mids with) now hits 40km optimal and 86km total range?

So, what's the point of even having other crystals at this point then? You'll never be using them so you might as well just take them out of the game. Just have a single ammo type for XL turrets, I mean that's what's happening with the moros, so why not the rev too.

You're sure as **** never going to fit XL beams now either.

The problem with the rev (and the moros) isn't range. It's DPS over range. There's still no reason to ever use the Rev over the Moros when the Moros has equivalent range and more damage and tracking over the same distance.

Nerf antimatter range, so that Moros have to use other types of ammo and the DPS advantage of the Moros becomes less ideal.

Likewise, the range of the Rev was always advantageous over the Moros, but not at the cost of it's ****** DPS (some 2K-6K less over equivalent distances), and with a cap penalty as well.

If you want XL lasers to be attractive, give them more damage, not range. They already have range advantages.
Lucas Quaan
DEMONS OF THE HIDDEN MIST
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#39 - 2014-11-27 20:30:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Quaan
Not sure I like the increased falloff, tbh. It was always one of those flavour things that made you choose between different weapon systems; fast ammo switching, but harsh cut-off outside their optimal. Now they are just a different take on hybrids with another damage type.

It's also yet another nail in the coffin for projectiles, but we're not supposed to use them any more, right?
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#40 - 2014-11-27 20:35:15 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
5% and 2%? that's really underwhelming. do bigger things please. you should be tring to make scorch/null/barrage into being like javelin or something, and making the guns usable with proper ammos. t2 ammo should be a niche thing imo.

javelin is pretty useless ammo as are all the T2 short range ammo on long range guns..

I wish jav gave a falloff bonus. That way it would have a niche use on Duval labs ships like the deimos or ranis.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.