These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible Deployment Information

First post
Author
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#201 - 2011-11-29 06:08:27 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
New Tier 3 BCs being the ultimate word in latest GankMobile(tm) technology.

Maybe, maybe not. Did you check the specs on the updated destroyers?

I particularly like the "new" Catalyst, since it benefits from both the destroyer buff and the hybrid gun buff (as well as the Gallente speed buff, but that's rather irrelevant for ganking purposes). No ROF penalty, 5% damage buff to blasters, and easier to fit the full rack of 8 guns? Ouch!

And, a dessie is so darn cheap... who really cares about the insurance?
Pantheon Lea
Farmer Boyz
#202 - 2011-11-29 06:15:29 UTC
Patch Notes wrote:
Captains Quarters visual appearance now changesdepending on the security status of the system they are in. If the Captains Quarters look shiny and beautiful in high sec, they now get more dirty and worn deep in null sec.

Give us vacuum cleaners in the NEX store...and the abillity to throw Quaffe Ultra bottles and pizz in the corners.

I smell a new mini profession here.

Honestu Pravus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#203 - 2011-11-29 06:23:13 UTC
I know it would be rather in-depth, and I haven't seen it mentioned in this release... But as for an idea...

Would it be possible to include FailRate?
What I mean by that, is once you have a skill fully trained, it would work no differently then it does now. As of now, you cannot use an item until you have trained that skill and all pre-req's, and once you have trained the skill you can use it and you do not have to worry about losing contact with your drones (unless you warp off without them) or a weapon jamming or shield failing...

But what if you changed it to where if you are training that last primary skill, say Heavy Missile V, so you can use a Tech II launcher, and that is the last skill you would need to train to actually use that item. If you could use it WHILE it was training, but have a Fail Rate. XX % chance it jams, XX % chance it breaks and can only be reprossessed, XX % chance it blows up in use causing damage to your ship.
Lose contact with your drone, or your drone attacts the wrong target because you don't have the skill to operate it @ 100%.
Shields could fail, Overheat, or a vast variety of other "Oh **** not now" senarios that would add a huge element of "trial by fire" so to speak...

It would be something to sit in that shiney ship while you are training the last book, and random systems start to lose power, or warp drive goes out for XX time...

Of course not everyone would want to take the risk, and as such they could wait till that skill is fully trained, but I myself would like the opportunity to place myself in danger at my own risk. Currently, the only way to do that is to go into a mission I know I'm too small for.

Just an Idea and about a year of programming.... lol

qu1ckkkk
The Warp Core Stabilizers
#204 - 2011-11-29 06:34:01 UTC
Will we be able to access the new corporation bookmark locations via API?

Proud developer of SeAT! A Simple Eve API & Corporation Management Tool.

Project Page: https://github.com/eveseat/seat

Reilly Duvolle
Hydra Squadron
#205 - 2011-11-29 07:02:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Reilly Duvolle
"Launching a warp disrupt probe will give you aggression and prevent you from docking or jumping"

Allthough this closes a loophole in the existing agression mechanics, and players will undoubtly adapt to this change (no more double bubble dictors bubling both sides of a gate), it also present one particular problem:

Dropping bubbles at a distance from gates has been a tried and tested way for a small force to evade and spilt up a larger pursuing force, thus enabling it to "nibble off" the unsuspecting tacklers getting too cocky while the main force is slowburning to the gate.

Removing this ability will negatively affect the ability of smaller forces to engage a bigger force using cunning and tactics. Personally I would like to see this changed so it will cause agression only if there are other ships actually present in the bubble (except the dictor itself) when it is dropped.
Carl Anzomi
CSG Holdings
#206 - 2011-11-29 07:09:20 UTC
Dear CCP:

I am not a regular forum poster, but after reading the patch notes concerning the Naga, I was very disappointed and had to write.

You seem to have forgotten the Caldari use missile weapons. We don't need two hybrid Tier 3 BC platforms in the game. The omission of the torpedo launchers from the Naga just doesn't make sense at all. I was very much looking forward to having 8 siege launchers at once.

I know that you will be releasing emergency patches after the main Crucible release. I ask that with the first patch that you put out that you please restore the 8 launcher slots and the appropriate role bonuses to the Naga.

I appreciate your help, and I look forward to seeing the restored Naga soon. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Carl Anzomi

Alain Kinsella
#207 - 2011-11-29 07:13:13 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
New Tier 3 BCs being the ultimate word in latest GankMobile(tm) technology.

Maybe, maybe not. Did you check the specs on the updated destroyers?

I particularly like the "new" Catalyst, since it benefits from both the destroyer buff and the hybrid gun buff (as well as the Gallente speed buff, but that's rather irrelevant for ganking purposes). No ROF penalty, 5% damage buff to blasters, and easier to fit the full rack of 8 guns? Ouch!

And, a dessie is so darn cheap... who really cares about the insurance?

Confirming that I'm strongly considering a Thrasher BPO purchase, for the same (general) reasons. It's already my ultimate utility ship (both combat and otherwise), may as well fire up the Hulk/Covetor for a few minutes every time I need one.

I'm curious to know if the general Dessie changes (extra shield, lower sig, etc) are 'bleeding through' to the Dictors. That could offset the aggression change a little (though not by much, given the stats I've seen for a Sabre).

"The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever."

Currently Retired / Semi-Casual (pending changes to RL concerns).

Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#208 - 2011-11-29 07:49:56 UTC
I have a short question to: Changes -> Ships-> Point 5

•When you are disconnected from the server, an ‘attempt to return to dronebay’ command is issued to the drones you control, at the same time as the command to warp away is issued. As always, the success of drones returning to your drone bay depends upon their distance from your ship and the speed with which it enters warp.

I think, that it is a good idea and I really like it. But what will happen, if I am scrambeld and have a DC?

A: The drones will fight till the scrambler is death and after that my drones will go back to my hangar and the ship will warp out?
B: The drones flees instant to my drone bay; the scrambler tackles me and my ship will explode because I can not warp out?

Again.. a good idea. But with two different possible endings.

The rest of the notes (I can not say anything concerning capitals), looks great. I hope you can implement the most of this new features within the firs try. Big smile
It seems that CRUCIBLE will be another good expansion after the hapless INCARNA.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything works smoothly. Good work - so far Cool

Greeting
Callidus Dux
Nocturrne Primitive
Evil Young Flesh
#209 - 2011-11-29 07:58:14 UTC
"Sun light has been increased."

We complain that the sun is too bright, so you Increase it? WTH is wrong with you people? The sun was already extremely annoying.
Omega Flames
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#210 - 2011-11-29 08:01:05 UTC
I just wanted to say Thank you to CCP for telling all us missile boat people to "**** off" with the complete lack of a tier 3 bc missile boat. I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and respect for missile users everywhere.
lordlotus
The Friendly Chap Inc
#211 - 2011-11-29 08:03:35 UTC
And here we go... The long downtime... getting shakes already.... \o/
Sharon Willis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#212 - 2011-11-29 08:05:50 UTC
Good luck CCP.
Borga ElPlaya
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#213 - 2011-11-29 14:53:10 UTC
I like pie. Where's the game at?
Guibio
The BLadius
#214 - 2011-11-29 14:57:50 UTC
Nice extention, with some pvp content !
Spyker Slater
Bliksem Bende
#215 - 2011-11-29 15:16:48 UTC
Did somebody accidentally the Dev Blogs? TUXFORD!!!

Also what happened to the new EVE Launcher from CCP Topknot?
Lili Lu
#216 - 2011-11-29 15:51:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lili Lu
Borga ElPlaya wrote:
I like pie. Where's the game at?

I still have leftover pumpkin pie, yum.

edit- seems everything and everyone still being throttledStraight
KocMoHaBTuKo
OLE Logistics
#217 - 2011-11-29 17:16:15 UTC
I think, it was not right to give for both new BC (Caldari and Galente) same bonus and type of weapon.
In fact, we received Naga without Caldari role - missile launchers and applicable bonuses for them...
Its not fair, because other races received conventional armaments for them.
mean candy
State War Academy
Caldari State
#218 - 2011-11-29 17:29:00 UTC
can we please switch this rAaLlY uGlY font back to what it was before crucible? Shocked
damnjita
Sinq Laison Collective
Northern Associates.
#219 - 2011-11-29 17:34:20 UTC
In the right click menu you can not deliver to member from corporation hangers. This is NOT in the patch notes and is a vital feature, to be able to use in station and remotely via corp assets.
claire xxx
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#220 - 2011-11-29 17:41:41 UTC
Dear CCP,

Thanks for the multiple "Your download is corrupted and cannot be installed, would you like to re-download Y/N," messages.

I'd rather just download a patch that works and not the whole damned game again, as that deletes all saved OV settings.

Again, it seems no one double checked the Mac client patch to make sure it worked before putting it out there.

Thanks CCP for disregarding us again. We feel the love.