These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Update regarding Multiboxing and input automation

First post First post First post
Author
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1261 - 2014-11-26 15:42:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Congrats, CCP. The only players I see this change affecting more than marginally is those who use multiboxing software in a targeting-critical environment, such as logistics in incursions. For everyone else, you're adding the hassle of having to move each character manually, and that's about it.


And that's all they were trying to do.

I'd like to think that, but I can't, because in my eyes, it's highly unlikely that they were merely trying to nerf incursion/wormhole income. If they wanted to do that, then they could just adjust incursions and wormholes. Sure, some people would complain, but no major shift would take place. However, they've nerfed high-sec pvp so much in the past few years that they're running out of ways to nerf things like suicide-ganking without having the community question whether they're still willing to keep EVE a harsh universe, so they're resorting to underhanded tactics like this in order to sneak by changes while riding a wave of populist support. Much like the way governments attach unpopular bills to necessary ones, so no one will notice. That's my take on this, at least.

Meilandra Vanderganken wrote:
It's a VERY broad defintion too, even hotkeys that just do stuff like copy-paste-select or something like that for managing your market orders are technicaly 'automation'. Though I doubt this is actively policed.

Binding your tank modules or any other group of modules on a single key fall under 'automation' too. Again, I doubt that this is actively policed and it's something that should be possible in the EVE client itself to begin with imho.

Once again, what's the difference between pressing one key and having four modules activate, or using all of the non-thumb fingers on my hand to press F1-F4 simultaneously? It's almost as if you're saying that hitting more than one key at the same time is equivalent to automation.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Cervix Thumper
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1262 - 2014-11-26 15:43:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Cervix Thumper
I love the people that comment that they haven't used ISboxer yet like the change. Umm how would you know if it is good or bad then?

To the ISboxers that are quitting.. don't be such weenies. This doesn't change the game that much for us.

Example: fly in fleet and fleet warp to...

Remap your DXNothing page to that all your mods are handy and are click able within fractions of a second of each other.


It is just a simple work around. Sure you can't broadcast anymore boo hoo.. you'll learn to work without that.

I understand it is a pain in the assteroid but change comes and we have to deal with it.

And for those that call us botters... they really need to get a clue.
Elisha Habah
Tactically Armed Vanguard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1263 - 2014-11-26 15:51:28 UTC
Well looks like CCP are ruining the game for a good amount of people. Now before all the troll's come out and strart saying that this is another botters/boxers tears what ever you want to call it. it's not! For the simple fact that I will continue to use Isboxer. But just in a different way.

What I ask is that everyone who is here should at least try it before it's mouse repeat function is banned and you would see why people use it. Now my story with it is for running four characters in W-space. I have ran 12man incursion fleets before I've used it to make a lot of isk.

Now you are probably asking why is he even bothering posting. The point of this is simple ISBOXER is a tool to add content. People who use it myself included feel that eve is starting to die. I've played for 8 years I've done most things. Using/multi boxing just adds an extra level of excitement/diffulcty to the game. It allows you to do things different adding video feeds and controlling Clients graphics demandsv all of which isn't possible without it.

What's the point in having more than 3/4 accounts if you can't play them all. At the same time. Now here's to my next point.....

Now I'd say a good 80% of the people that play eve use a mouse/ keyboard which is able to either make a key bind(pressing one button on a mouse which equates to you pressing two or three buttons simultaniously on the key board) or a pressing one button and it activates f1-f8 for instance if you were smart bombing apposed today pressing it manually.

What's the difference???????

Now yes I use ISBOXER but I dont understand why people have an issue with it.. What is it doing that's so wrong that it effects the game. And all the people that are moaning about it clearly haven't. For the people that haven the mouse repeat function is only ever active for attract 10% of the time you are actually using ISBOXER

So the honest outcome from this is I will still be using it...... So feel free to troll run locator agents to try and tank me... All of which adds content to the game which is honestly what's missing.

in the process of thinking of a witty signature, get back to me

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
#1264 - 2014-11-26 16:02:38 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

I'd like to think that, but I can't, because in my eyes, it's highly unlikely that they were merely trying to nerf incursion/wormhole income. If they wanted to do that, then they could just adjust incursions and wormholes. Sure, some people would complain, but no major shift would take place. However, they've nerfed high-sec pvp so much in the past few years that they're running out of ways to nerf things like suicide-ganking without having the community question whether they're still willing to keep EVE a harsh universe, so they're resorting to underhanded tactics like this in order to sneak by changes while riding a wave of populist support. Much like the way governments attach unpopular bills to necessary ones, so no one will notice. That's my take on this, at least.


And yet, according to the CODE members that have posted in this thread, this change will have very little impact on their suicide ganking operations.

So either they are lying or you are wrong about this being a ganking nerf.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1265 - 2014-11-26 16:03:09 UTC
The Ironfist wrote:


Doubling down m8:) upped it from 4 to 8 doing 2 teams of smartbombing now since you can mirror it 100% because its always the same process warp to ring heaven at zero approach gate with AB on (click A) start all smartbombs (click S) starting all smartbombs.

This also does not take into account the 10/10s I get from doing this... on average 5-8 10/10 escalations a day per team which I hand of to a corp mate he runs em with 2 paladins and we split profit from em 40/60 (me getting 40%). That adds a few bill extra per day as well. Its really really good isk:)


Well, if you can pull it off and really make that much, why not I guess =P
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1266 - 2014-11-26 16:04:05 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

I'd like to think that, but I can't, because in my eyes, it's highly unlikely that they were merely trying to nerf incursion/wormhole income. If they wanted to do that, then they could just adjust incursions and wormholes. Sure, some people would complain, but no major shift would take place. However, they've nerfed high-sec pvp so much in the past few years that they're running out of ways to nerf things like suicide-ganking without having the community question whether they're still willing to keep EVE a harsh universe, so they're resorting to underhanded tactics like this in order to sneak by changes while riding a wave of populist support. Much like the way governments attach unpopular bills to necessary ones, so no one will notice. That's my take on this, at least.


And yet, according to the CODE members that have posted in this thread, this change will have very little impact on their suicide ganking operations.

So either they are lying or you are wrong about this being a ganking nerf.


CODE lying? Noooo. That would never happen. Membergroups of the CFC are always fair and honest and straightforward, especially CODE. lol
Clancy Davis
Chroma Corp
Prismatic Legion
#1267 - 2014-11-26 16:04:31 UTC
It takes some degree of intelligence to train up multiple accounts to effectively run Skiffs/stealth bombers/incursion ships, and then set up multi-boxing software to control them all. It puzzles me that some of these people are then having difficulty understanding this new update and the difference between what they are doing and the in-game Fleet Warp feature.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1268 - 2014-11-26 16:05:57 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
And yet, according to the CODE members that have posted in this thread, this change will have very little impact on their suicide ganking operations.

So either they are lying or you are wrong about this being a ganking nerf.

No, I get it. Like a page or two ago I looked into this some more, and realized that the actual impact will be marginal. However, the fact that CCP is doing this to target (and this is just my own hypothesis) suicide-ganking is troubling.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Thoregon Aubaris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1269 - 2014-11-26 16:07:42 UTC
@ all multiboxers:

If you're leaving EVE then...

1. carry all your stuff to a tradehub near you
2. sell everything
3. buy as much plex as you can
4. donate plex to "CCPplexforgood"
5. don't let the door hit your bot on the way out
6. have a nice day :)

Thanks CCP, best change ever.
Elisha Habah
Tactically Armed Vanguard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1270 - 2014-11-26 16:09:09 UTC
Now am I missing something here but what has tanking and pled prices got to do with ISBOXER..........

in the process of thinking of a witty signature, get back to me

Ginger Barbarella
#1271 - 2014-11-26 16:10:38 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
And yet, according to the CODE members that have posted in this thread, this change will have very little impact on their suicide ganking operations.

So either they are lying or you are wrong about this being a ganking nerf.

No, I get it. Like a page or two ago I looked into this some more, and realized that the actual impact will be marginal. However, the fact that CCP is doing this to target (and this is just my own hypothesis) suicide-ganking is troubling.


The only group being "targeted" is botters. This only changes ganking for those that can't or won't work with others or don't know how to do it right and have to resort to blob mentality for their lulz. Gankers that use botting software to do their deed are no better than losers who user roofies to drug women to get into their pants. Same kind of person, same mental issues.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Elisha Habah
Tactically Armed Vanguard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1272 - 2014-11-26 16:10:41 UTC
Thoregon Aubaris wrote:
@ all multiboxers:

If you're leaving EVE then...

1. carry all your stuff to a tradehub near you
2. sell everything
3. buy as much plex as you can
4. donate plex to "CCPplexforgood"
5. don't let the door hit your bot on the way out
6. have a nice day :)

Thanks CCP, best change ever.


Oh look another useless comment.... How long did it take tor u to come up with that(plex for good thing was ok:-) )

in the process of thinking of a witty signature, get back to me

Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1273 - 2014-11-26 16:13:52 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

I'd like to think that, but I can't, because in my eyes, it's highly unlikely that they were merely trying to nerf incursion/wormhole income. If they wanted to do that, then they could just adjust incursions and wormholes. Sure, some people would complain, but no major shift would take place. However, they've nerfed high-sec pvp so much in the past few years that they're running out of ways to nerf things like suicide-ganking without having the community question whether they're still willing to keep EVE a harsh universe, so they're resorting to underhanded tactics like this in order to sneak by changes while riding a wave of populist support. Much like the way governments attach unpopular bills to necessary ones, so no one will notice. That's my take on this, at least.


And yet, according to the CODE members that have posted in this thread, this change will have very little impact on their suicide ganking operations.

So either they are lying or you are wrong about this being a ganking nerf.

Isboxer is used in ganking but as far as I can tell it's really rare. The Code. freighter ganking kills I see are almost always a group of individual players, some with multiple chars as it's easy to push F1 a few tiimes.

Miner ganking, well, Skiff ganking might be easier with multiboxing software but for most targets a few catalysts or even just one will do just fine. Fleetwarp and a few F1 pushes, that requires no multiboxing software really...
Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#1274 - 2014-11-26 16:13:53 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
All this means is that CCP will have to find another subversive way to get rid of suicide-ganking when people get around this change, and they will. However, the precedent of bias toward various forms of alt usage will be set by then.

Edit: and now I realize that this could easily be done in a way that only requires one key press for each client, which can be the same key, while still being 100% within the confines of the new rules. GG CCP.

Edit #2: I can tab through 10 EVE clients in just slightly over 1 second without any lag whatsoever.


I see youre still in denial today. Youve now moved on to "well this wasnt really about us, it was about suicide ganking..."

Apparently you never read CCP's stance on suicide ganking:

Why should CCP provide protection for your haulage in high sec?

CONCORD offer a level of deterrent just the same as any law enforcement agency, but as with any police for they're reactive and punitive rather than proactive.

If you want your haulage to be safer, bring the guns. If you don't have any guns, sacrifice some of your profit margin and hire someone who has them to escort you.

Welcome to New Eden, you just learned a very valuable lesson in being prepared and covering your back.


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4958992#post4958992

That's not the only post we've seen Falcon make about suicide ganking, but I CBA to find the rest. I'm sure you get the point.

Thank you. Try again.


\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1275 - 2014-11-26 16:15:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
The only group being "targeted" is botters. This only changes ganking for those that can't or won't work with others or don't know how to do it right and have to resort to blob mentality for their lulz. Gankers that use botting software to do their deed are no better than losers who user roofies to drug women to get into their pants. Same kind of person, same mental issues.

Being at the helm of your PC and controlling input to multiple accounts at the same time and watching an episode of Jersey Shore in another room while your computer magically puts ore into your hangar and NPC bounties into your wallet are two different things. Even if CCP decides that the former shouldn't be allowed, which they have the right to do, it's still not botting. Yours is a tired, weak, old argument without any merit.

By the way, CCP doesn't target botters. I still see the same ones mining today that I've reported years ago.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Cervix Thumper
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1276 - 2014-11-26 16:15:57 UTC
Elisha Habah wrote:
Now am I missing something here but what has tanking and pled prices got to do with ISBOXER..........


you run a ten man fleet and make enough isk to buy the plex off the market for each account.

Tanking... that is a term that I believe was used incorrectly
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#1277 - 2014-11-26 16:16:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
However, the fact that CCP is doing this to target (and this is just my own hypothesis) suicide-ganking is troubling.


they are not targetting suicide ganking specifically but all activities involving isbotter, because the balance was getting out of whack completely. If you multibox do it on yourself, not some 3rd party automating tool reducing your workload and chances to **** up. Thats the whole intention of policy change and its totally right.
Big Lynx
#1278 - 2014-11-26 16:18:10 UTC
This is a message to all ISBOXERs: Click
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1279 - 2014-11-26 16:20:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Robert Caldera wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
However, the fact that CCP is doing this to target (and this is just my own hypothesis) suicide-ganking is troubling.


they are not targetting suicide ganking specifically but all activities involving isbotter, because the balance was getting out of whack completely. If you multibox do it on yourself, not some 3rd party automating tool reducing your workload and chances to **** up.

Suicide-ganking is the only new activity being targeted by these rules. Mining and ratting, the two activities that benefit from ISBoxer, were already being illegally botted most of the time when ISBoxer was in the picture. Since botting is illegal (and very much punishable), introducing this change would be meaningless unless suicide-ganking (and fringe cases like multi-bombing) are being targeted.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1280 - 2014-11-26 16:22:33 UTC
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
Apparently you never read CCP's stance on suicide ganking

Apparently you've never seen CCP's stance on something change overnight.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted