These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Update regarding Multiboxing and input automation

First post First post First post
Author
Dracorimus
Stars in No Sky
Backward Time in a Strange Land
#1201 - 2014-11-26 12:19:14 UTC
finally thank goodness

isboxer's tears = wonderful
Sacu Shi
UK Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#1202 - 2014-11-26 12:34:16 UTC
The Ironfist wrote:
Anyone using ISboxer with half a brain is simply gonna double down for the next month:) Bloodraider smart-bomb ratting is making me 2b per hour in isk and about 1b in loot and svalage after seeing the "news" all I did was resub 4 more accounts next 4 weeks I'm simply gonna smart-bomb 12h a day so that after the first of January I'll never have to do it again. If I can keep it up to 12h a day gonna make close to 2 tril isk the next 30 days.And really what does that change you can still use keybinds just not across clients and you can still use roaming keys you can still use videoFX. Isboxer still gives you an insane edge over the plebs who don't use it or don't know how to correctly use it. Broadcasting was just a easy-mode thing.

Fits
Strategy
Technique
Site

Or it didn't happen.

Even if it did...share your methods :)
Lt Huunuras
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1203 - 2014-11-26 12:40:15 UTC
Example of legal usage of Isboxer.

How to use ISboxer, legally

Faye Ren
Stellar Evolution Inc.
#1204 - 2014-11-26 12:42:47 UTC
Great job CCP!

It was about time the the 10000 toons - 1 man fleet stuff had an end.

Just a quick question, will it be allowed to macro one mouse key to lock on with 1 click? instead of ctrl+click. not broadcasting, only on 1 toon.

Thanks
Oraac Ensor
#1205 - 2014-11-26 12:45:40 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

If this were about behavior and not external influence using 3rd party apps it would also be verboten to run multiple clients on the same PC.

How, exactly?
The Ironfist
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1206 - 2014-11-26 12:50:05 UTC
Ormand Audel wrote:
Agent Intrepid wrote:
The Ironfist wrote:
Anyone using ISboxer with half a brain is simply gonna double down for the next month:) Bloodraider smart-bomb ratting is making me 2b per hour in isk and about 1b in loot and svalage after seeing the "news" all I did was resub 4 more accounts next 4 weeks I'm simply gonna smart-bomb 12h a day so that after the first of January I'll never have to do it again. If I can keep it up to 12h a day gonna make close to 2 tril isk the next 30 days.And really what does that change you can still use keybinds just not across clients and you can still use roaming keys you can still use videoFX. Isboxer still gives you an insane edge over the plebs who don't use it or don't know how to correctly use it. Broadcasting was just a easy-mode thing.

You make 2 billion isk an hour smartbomb ratting, and expect to make a trillion isk over the next month? Sounds like something CCP would want to look into.
Uh..
2b from bounties.
1b from loot/salvage.
That's 3b/hour.
3*12=36
36*30=1080.
Not sure how he's going to make close to 2tril since his math comes out to 1080b, but it's still over a tril.
Adrie Atticus wrote:
Nemed Bererund wrote:
So no more Eve-Central Market crawler then?

CREST provides that data already.
Isn't that a feature coming in december?

Doubling down m8:) upped it from 4 to 8 doing 2 teams of smartbombing now since you can mirror it 100% because its always the same process warp to ring heaven at zero approach gate with AB on (click A) start all smartbombs (click S) starting all smartbombs.

This also does not take into account the 10/10s I get from doing this... on average 5-8 10/10 escalations a day per team which I hand of to a corp mate he runs em with 2 paladins and we split profit from em 40/60 (me getting 40%). That adds a few bill extra per day as well. Its really really good isk:)
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1207 - 2014-11-26 12:51:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Robert Caldera wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Nothing is being automated in a freighter gank.

Good job on avoiding the question like a pro, though.

we are talking about an isbotted freighter gank right? When you play 1 client and other 19 catalysts are automated in background, right??
Input broadcast is form of automation, this is why its explicitely illegal now (actually always was, see EULA, part 3c) and why we have this thread here.

There's no automation. Input broadcasting isn't automation. You don't even need software to do this (although it's much simpler with software). You can have separate computers for each EVE client, align everything nicely, and use a hardware solution to multiply your input across all of them. And yet nothing is being automated, because everything that happens on every client is the direct result of your interaction with your input device.

Man, you're really bad at this trolling thing.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#1208 - 2014-11-26 12:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

There's no automation. Input broadcasting isn't automation.

it is, I see it so, CCP sees it so, many other people see it same way. Discussed lots of times already, not gonna do it again.
You're done, move on.

kraken11 jensen wrote:

this shows how little you know, you have proably never tryed Isb boxer. And to make this Clear. i have never ever seen an isb boxer catalyst fleet. So i dont know what this is about, propaganda to get it away? I dont know. But saying that its botting or totaly automated in background is just pure wrong.

so, just because you havent seen something, it didnt happen? lol, shows how little you know.
Dustpuppy
New Eden Ferengi
#1209 - 2014-11-26 12:55:08 UTC
James Baboli wrote:

For myself, I am pointing out that proper detection of such bad actors is hard without a fairly high false positive rate.

That's incorrect.

The Eula states you are not allowed any mechanism which replicates the input from a single source (keyboard, mouse,..) to multiple clients.

Identifying such a behavior is the simplest task. You only need to identify clients which run on the same computer at a given time and/or use the same external IP address and compare the keys/mouse clicks. If you have two clients showing the same characteristics ( e.g. on both clients with the identical entries "F1 F4 F2 mouse left click, mouse right click, T, ..." in the log file) you have found someone using a replicator. I don't know how many keyboard/mouse clicks would make this method almost 100% bullet proof, but I doubt you require more than 100 entries for such a finger print.

Additionally I can raise the question: who tells you that CCP hasn't already collected statistics about the usage of these replicator programs in the past weeks and they already know exactly who is considered to be suspicious? No one has been hiding the program so far, it was legal (or grey zone) making a data collection easy.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1210 - 2014-11-26 12:56:17 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Agent Intrepid wrote:
The Ironfist wrote:

You make 2 billion isk an hour smartbomb ratting, and expect to make a trillion isk over the next month? Sounds like something CCP would want to look into.

Let's humor his claims for a moment.
Claim 1: he can make 2b/hour isk, 1b/hour loot and salvage, so 3b/hour
Claim 2: he can rat uninterrupted for up to 12hr/day for the next 30 days
Claim 3: he can make close to 2 tril isk in that 30 day period

3bil/hour, 12 hours a day = 36bil/day. * 30 days = 1.08 trillion.
Never trust a man who can't do SIMPLE math, when he tells you how much isk he is making. I'm willing to bet the guy thinks isk server ticks are every 5-10 minutes, too.

Indeed, never trust a man that can't do reading...

You forgot Claim 4, Einstein: Bloodraider smart-bomb ratting is making me 2b per hour in isk and about 1b in loot and svalage after seeing the "news" all I did was resub 4 more accounts

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

kraken11 jensen
ROOKS AND KRAKENS
#1211 - 2014-11-26 12:59:51 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Arronicus wrote:
Agent Intrepid wrote:
The Ironfist wrote:

Let's humor his claims for a moment.
Claim 1: he can make 2b/hour isk, 1b/hour loot and salvage, so 3b/hour
Claim 2: he can rat uninterrupted for up to 12hr/day for the next 30 days
Claim 3: he can make close to 2 tril isk in that 30 day period

3bil/hour, 12 hours a day = 36bil/day. * 30 days = 1.08 trillion.
Never trust a man who can't do SIMPLE math, when he tells you how much isk he is making. I'm willing to bet the guy thinks isk server ticks are every 5-10 minutes, too.

Indeed, never trust a man that can't do reading...

You forgot Claim 4, Einstein: Bloodraider smart-bomb ratting is making me 2b per hour in isk and about 1b in loot and svalage after seeing the "news" all I did was resub 4 more accounts

D.

Bear

neautral reppers i suppose ;) (Your resubbed accounts)
Oh, well. Smart bombs're quite smiple. so it wont even stop afther the update i suppose. Lol
Robert Caldera
#1212 - 2014-11-26 13:03:39 UTC
kraken11 jensen wrote:

neautral reppers i suppose ;) (Your resubbed accounts)
Oh, well. Smart bombs're quite smiple. so it wont even stop afther the update i suppose. Lol

keep doing, but as you cant warp all of them with 1 click, some will get caught while you're warping them 1 by 1,
and this is exactly why recent policy change is good and long overdue.
kraken11 jensen
ROOKS AND KRAKENS
#1213 - 2014-11-26 13:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: kraken11 jensen
Robert Caldera wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

There's no automation. Input broadcasting isn't automation.

it is, I see it so, CCP sees it so, many other people see it same way. Discussed lots of times already, not gonna do it again.
You're done, move on.

kraken11 jensen wrote:

this shows how little you know, you have proably never tryed Isb boxer. And to make this Clear. i have never ever seen an isb boxer catalyst fleet. So i dont know what this is about, propaganda to get it away? I dont know. But saying that its botting or totaly automated in background is just pure wrong.

so, just because you havent seen something, it didnt happen? lol, shows how little you know.

First off all, i would appriciate if you quoted all what she said instead off a little part off it.
And if you think its just automated in back ground With isb boxer. then you're wrong.

and its fully possible that someone in fact do, i did not say that it did not happend. But i did say that i have not seen it. So, Yeah.
Eather way, it would be way easyer/economicly viable if there was an fleet doing it.
Krane Makanen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1214 - 2014-11-26 13:04:21 UTC
So will CCP be compensating me for my IS boxer subscription I purchased 2 months ago?
Answer of course not.
Fine they want to bring this rule in, I don’t agree with all aspects as ore prices will sky rocket due to the lack of minerals on the market for one.
I agree it’s misuse in some areas could be a problem, but why selecting and dragging from cargo holds is a problem god knows.
I would only ask that they give us fair time like a 6 month warning.
Yesterday I cancelled subs on 10 accounts as of January I know I am not the only one so it will be interesting to see their end of year earnings in 12 months ^^
Robert Caldera
#1215 - 2014-11-26 13:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
kraken11 jensen wrote:

First off all, i would appriciate if you quoted all what she said instead off a little part off it.

nah I dropped irrelevant parts...

kraken11 jensen wrote:

And if you think its just automated in back ground With isb boxer. then you're wrong.

I dont think so it is, per definition of automation. but you might have your own opinion, I dont really care,
all I care about is CCP's attitude in this matter, which I highly appreciate.
kraken11 jensen
ROOKS AND KRAKENS
#1216 - 2014-11-26 13:10:00 UTC
Krane Makanen wrote:
So will CCP be compensating me for my IS boxer subscription I purchased 2 months ago?
Answer of course not.
Fine they want to bring this rule in, I don’t agree with all aspects as ore prices will sky rocket due to the lack of minerals on the market for one.
I agree it’s misuse in some areas could be a problem, but why selecting and dragging from cargo holds is a problem god knows.
Yesterday I cancelled subs on 10 accounts as of January I know I am not the only one so it will be interesting to see their end of year earnings in 12 months ^^

hehe, so btw what ou do With you accounts if i can ask (just purely courius) And im sorry that you feel like this, i know it's (kinda sad) But i dont see mutch changing in mining sector, becous you can just fleet Warp still, and brodcast're pretty mutch uselss when mining. so i dont see any use off it in my eyes. Also, People going to keep complaining becous there still going to be ass big fleets mining. and what an suprise.. lol :) Anyway, i wish you all wall. And i hope it going to work out for you , aka us :)
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#1217 - 2014-11-26 13:10:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Krane Makanen wrote:

Mineral prices aren't going to be any different after this initial speculation settles down. They haven't been doing anything about bot miners or ratters since they became a thing pretty much when this game came out, and they're not going to start now, suddenly, just because input broadcasting becomes illegal. The only players affected by this will be suicide-gankers, whom this change is aimed at.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Greg Inglis
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#1218 - 2014-11-26 13:12:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Greg Inglis
Does this mean that actual botters will be banned? I'm quite sick of seeing this in belts.

http://i.imgur.com/Oi3GynO.jpg?1

Report bot doesn't seem to do anything.
Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#1219 - 2014-11-26 13:12:34 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Robert Caldera wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Nothing is being automated in a freighter gank.

Good job on avoiding the question like a pro, though.

we are talking about an isbotted freighter gank right? When you play 1 client and other 19 catalysts are automated in background, right??
Input broadcast is form of automation, this is why its explicitely illegal now (actually always was, see EULA, part 3c) and why we have this thread here.

There's no automation. Input broadcasting isn't automation. You don't even need software to do this (although it's much simpler with software). You can have separate computers for each EVE client, align everything nicely, and use a hardware solution to multiply your input across all of them. And yet nothing is being automated, because everything that happens on every client is the direct result of your interaction with your input device.

Man, you're really bad at this trolling thing.

I think I'll post that definition of automation I found.

Automation or automatic control, is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching in telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention.
Krane Makanen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1220 - 2014-11-26 13:15:37 UTC
kraken11 jensen wrote:
Krane Makanen wrote:
Answer of course not.

hehe, so btw what ou do With you accounts if i can ask (just purely courius) And im sorry that you feel like this, i know it's (kinda sad) But i dont see mutch changing in mining sector, becous you can just fleet Warp still, and brodcast're pretty mutch uselss when mining. so i dont see any use off it in my eyes. Also, People going to keep complaining becous there still going to be ass big fleets mining. and what an suprise.. lol :) Anyway, i wish you all wall. And i hope it going to work out for you , aka us :)

Maybe ya right we will have to see its just means even more clicking. I will need to buy a new mouse every month :-)

Maybe CCP should invent one to cope with the increase.