These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Solo/small entities CSM10 rep = vote Borat (En/Fr)

Author
Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#81 - 2015-03-03 21:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Borat Guereen
Today CCP released a new dev blog related to sov changes. This is a big step for the game, and CCP is looking for feedback on their current plans. Check my feedback here, and post in that thread your own opinion, as it will be the most watched thread for the next few days!

Candidate for CSM XII

Lord Jasta
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#82 - 2015-03-04 04:45:52 UTC
So by having this change in game you want, your going to kill off how many subscriptions from players who make isk being a spy, or camping a null sec system or so forth so how do you plan to help ccp recoup the player base that they loose?
Lord Jasta
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2015-03-04 04:46:37 UTC
But I do thank you for your support of Hero's of High Sec!
Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#84 - 2015-03-04 05:54:06 UTC
Lord Jasta wrote:
So by having this change in game you want, your going to kill off how many subscriptions from players who make isk being a spy, or camping a null sec system or so forth so how do you plan to help ccp recoup the player base that they loose?

CCP is the final decider on what they want to do for the game we all share. They do have data about how people play, that neither you or I have. I am running on ideas based on my specific play experience, and to represent a play style that has been under-represented on the CSM.

I believe that unfortunately the current spy game and afk cloaky campers are causing the game to loose more subscriptions than the play style you seem to defend. You may not agree with this, but neither of us can know for sure. This is why I am running for CSM X, and I certainly would love to see a candidate represent the play styles of spies and cloaky campers in the CSM arena.. where are they?

Also, I could return the same question to you...
how do you plan to recoup the subscription losses due to the use of game mechanics that can't really be countered and are all rewards with no risks, which I believe being a spy and being an afk cloaky camper are at the moment...

Candidate for CSM XII

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#85 - 2015-03-04 06:46:06 UTC
No.

A vote for Borat is a vote for one more nerf (tm).

What would eve be without corporate espionage and cloaky neutral alts? A dead and empty game that's what.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#86 - 2015-03-05 09:37:59 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
No.

What would eve be without corporate espionage and cloaky neutral alts? A dead and empty game that's what.

You have it wrong... It's cloaky neutral alts that make the game empty, as they prevent players from undocking. Removing anonymity of alts is a bit radical, but may be that is what is needed. In any case it is for CCP to decide if they want to do that or not.

Borat got my vote!

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#87 - 2015-03-06 04:57:32 UTC
Saisin wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
No.

You have it wrong... It's cloaky neutral alts that make the game empty, as they prevent players from undocking. Removing anonymity of alts is a bit radical, but may be that is what is needed. In any case it is for CCP to decide if they want to do that or not.

Borat got my vote!

Thank you.

Yes, removing alts anonymity is a radical concept, but I do believe that it would improve the game for the majority of players.
I understand that it would also alter spy-ing and cloaky camping, but would not prevent those activities altogether.

Candidate for CSM XII

Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#88 - 2015-03-08 23:07:14 UTC
Check the CSM Wire page, and go vote if you have not done so already!

... this is your game !

... this is our game!

Cast your ballot now!

Candidate for CSM XII

Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#89 - 2015-03-15 17:36:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Borat Guereen
Votes are over, but results are not known yet, until Thursday.
If you have voted for me, post on this thread (even with a simple +1) between now and end of day Wednesday.

Only characters that will have bumped this thread between now and Wednesday March 18th. will be invited to each of my CSMX core panels during my tenure if I am elected at CSM X. Once the results known, it will be too late to be on this group.

I will also do wider panels of course, but I will listen to my most dedicated voters with a special focus.
Thanks for reading this now...

Les votes sont faits, mais les résultats ne seront pas connus avant Jeudi.
Si vous avez voté pour moi, postez sur ce sujet avant Jeudi prochain (même si c'est avec un simple +1).

Seuls les personnages qui auront postés sur ce sujet entre aujourd'hui et Mercredi 18 Mars seront invités à chacunes de mes tables rondes CSMX réservées à mes électeurs les plus fidèles si je suis élu au CSM X. Une fois les résultats connus, il sera trop tard pour faire partie de ce groupe.

Je ferais aussi des réunions plus larges, bien sûr, mais j'écouterais mes électeurs les plus fidèles avec une attention spéciale.
Merci à vous, qui lisez cela maintenant....

Candidate for CSM XII

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2015-03-15 21:41:16 UTC
Saisin wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
No.

Borat got my vote!

Last time I checked cloaked ships can't shoot.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Jenshae Chiroptera
#91 - 2015-03-16 03:21:09 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Sword of Damocles ... and what does CODE know?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2015-03-16 17:01:57 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

Undock and counter drop. Lay a trap, go somewhere else, HTFU.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Nolan Kotulan
Nova Tabula Rasa
#93 - 2015-03-16 17:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolan Kotulan
Borat Guereen wrote:
If you have voted for me, post on this thread (even with a simple +1) between now and end of day Wednesday.

Only characters that will have bumped this thread between now and Wednesday March 18th. will be invited to each of my CSMX core panels during my tenure if I am elected at CSM X. Once the results known, it will be too late to be on this group.

I will also do wider panels of course, but I will listen to my most dedicated voters with a special focus.

Si vous avez voté pour moi, postez sur ce sujet avant Jeudi prochain (même si c'est avec un simple +1).

Seuls les personnages qui auront postés sur ce sujet entre aujourd'hui et Mercredi 18 Mars seront invités à chacunes de mes tables rondes CSMX réservées à mes électeurs les plus fidèles si je suis élu au CSM X. Une fois les résultats connus, il sera trop tard pour faire partie de ce groupe.

Je ferais aussi des réunions plus larges, bien sûr, mais j'écouterais mes électeurs les plus fidèles avec une attention spéciale.

Ta manière de faire et d'appréhender ton hypothétique rôle au sein du CSM me conforte dans ma décision de ne pas avoir voté pour toi. C'est ridicule, pitoyable et navrant et ça prouve avant toute chose que tu n'as rien compris au rôle des membres du CSM. A force de te lire, je commence moi aussi à penser qu'en fait, tu n'es qu'un troll.

Edit
J'aurais peut-être du me taire et me contenter d'un "+1" en fait, non?
J'aurais eu beaucoup plus de poids du coup, comme j'aurais eu droit à une "attention toute spéciale"...
No comment...

Per aspera ad astra

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#94 - 2015-03-16 18:08:28 UTC
Nolan Kotulan wrote:
Borat Guereen wrote:

Ta manière de faire et d'appréhender ton hypothétique rôle au sein du CSM me conforte dans ma décision de ne pas avoir voté pour toi. C'est ridicule, pitoyable et navrant et ça prouve avant toute chose que tu n'as rien compris au rôle des membres du CSM. A force de te lire, je commence moi aussi à penser qu'en fait, tu n'es qu'un troll.

Edit
J'aurais peut-être du me taire et me contenter d'un "+1" en fait, non?
J'aurais eu beaucoup plus de poids du coup, comme j'aurais eu droit à une "attention toute spéciale"...
No comment...

Well said, I fully agree with your points.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Jenshae Chiroptera
#95 - 2015-03-17 05:23:54 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Undock and counter drop. .
MJDs Roll

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#96 - 2015-03-17 14:16:37 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Undock and counter drop. .
MJDs Roll

I love MJD's but what relevance do they have here? Unless you're saying ratting battleships should gave one.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#97 - 2015-03-19 19:36:50 UTC
Congratulation to all the members of CSM X!
This wraps up my campaign, of course, and I am glad to have participated to the largest pool of CSM candidates ever.

I want to thank all of those that put me on their ballot, as well as all of those public outlets that spent time and efforts to highlight all the candidates, even those that have been "less popular".
I also want to thank all the friends I flew with in the past that, despite possibly recognizing my main alts, respected my wish for anonimity. Borat is and will remain my main public alt. I have chosen to not reach out to you before and during that campaign as I truly wanted to run on my platform and the communication tools CCP provides.

I decided to run on behalf of solo players. After I left the big coalitions after the Botl0rds accords, I thought that I could not be the only one to focus my alts to play solo, or as a micro-corp, in dangerous areas of New Eden. But without any idea of how many of us solos are really out there, and how interested we may all be in CSM politics, this was a gamble that I lost. The votes have been counted, and I am now returning to my regular activities, with the sense that I did everything I could to put out a different voice, as an independent candidate.

There are plenty of exciting news for Eve Online in the future, from fitting structures in spaces, to the Entosis based sov, overhauling the role of capitals or finding out more about the Drifters... In today's keynote presentation, CCP Seagull took great care to mention us, solo players. And this is Good.

Fly safe. o7

Congratulations à tous les membres du CSM X!
C'est donc la conclusion de ma campagne, bien sûr, et je suis heureux d'avoir pu participer à la campagne CSM qui a eu le plus grand nombre de candidats.

Je souhaite remercier tous ceux qui ont voté pour moi, ainsi que tous les sites publics qui ont passé du temps et des efforts pour relayer la voix de tous les candidats, y compris les "moins populaires".
Je souhaite aussi remercer tous les amis avec qui j'ai pu être en fleet par le passé qui auraient pu reconnaitre mes alts principaux et on respecté mon souhait d'anonymat. Borat est et resteras mon alt public principal. J'ai choisi de ne pas vous contacter avant ou pendant ma campagne pour pouvoir me focaliser sur ma plate forme et les outils de communication fournis par CCP.

J'ai décidé de représenter les joueurs solos. Après avoir quitté les coalitions Null-Sec après les accords Botl0rds, j'ai pensé que je ne pouvais pas être le seul joueur à utiliser tous mes alts pour jouer solo dans les endroits les plus dangereux de New Eden. Sans avoir aucune idée du nombre réel de joueurs solos, et de leur interêt pour la politique du CSM, ce fut un pari que j'ai perdu. Les votes ont été comptés, et je vais maintenant retourner à mes activités régulières, avec le sentiment d'avoir fait tout ce que je pouvais pour apporter une voix différente, en tant que candidat indépendant.

Il y a pleins de nouvelles excitantes au sujet de Eve Online. Entre le fitting des structures à venir, la souveraineté basée sur les liens Entosis, la refonte du rôle des capital ships ou la découverte du rôle des Drifters... Dans la présentation principale d'aujourd'hui, CCP Seagul a pris soin de mentionner les joueurs solo. Et c'est Bien...

Fly safe. o7

Candidate for CSM XII

Aram Kachaturian
Aram Pleasure Hub Holding
#98 - 2015-03-24 19:33:29 UTC
Mais qui est donc Borat Guereen ?

Le mystère reste complet

Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.