These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Clothing and Pod Kill

Author
Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-11-21 17:35:28 UTC
MMmmm, wet slippery capsule ectoplasm-soaked naked bodies.

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#22 - 2014-11-21 17:42:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Vincent Athena wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
They are not destroyed, because you don't wear those clothes in pod. The lore states so, you swim in a pod goo.

They can be destroyed if they are in your ship cargohold.

Once CCP said the clothes you were wearing were stored in the pod, so they would be available at your destination.

Also CCP said they wanted players to actually use the clothes. If a expensive, but meaningless, item got destroyed on pod death, people would not wear it very often.

This all most likely would have been cleaned up if CCP finished incarna.

That does make some sense, but there you have destroyed pod and clothes with it, but you can't say, you destroyed the right to get that cloth for free in cloning station.

That means clothes are in every cloning station and they are very common. So common, I could forget the clothes in pod and I would get it in another station. I have the right to get it.
Actual clothing item in Tranquility is like a license for using these clothes, you can sell those licenses to other capsulers, cant copy them, and they still can be destroyed with other items, when not actually active on your clone.

I believe there are clothes dispensers with database of every capsuleer in every station.
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#23 - 2014-11-21 18:02:10 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
> i was warp to gate when smartbom camp go
> get mail
> 'clothes is kil'
> 'no'

Why am I laughing so much at this?

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#24 - 2014-11-21 21:48:35 UTC
Don't think of it that you've purchased the clothes themselves, but rather that you've purchased a license to replicate those clothes at any station's replication systems. It doesn't matter where you're at, whether you have the clothes on your ship or if you just got home via slow-travel in a pod: you can use your digital license (transferred on the same FTL systems that send our consciousness back) to create a new set instantly.

It's also why you can't simply sell a single article of clothing while keeping another. You aren't selling the clothes themselves (as the clothes are extremely cheap, by Capsuleer standards), but you're selling the license to replicate them into perpetuity, so long as you hold that license.
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-11-21 22:21:29 UTC
Lucrii Dei wrote:

I'm wondering if anyones decided to attmpt getting kinky with another in a pod. Course THAT wouldn't work. Might be able to smuggle bodies though.

I assume getting naughty in VR would be a lot more plausible, kinda like the matrix. Although with all that exists on the internet I can't see everyone doing things the normal way whilst in virtual reality.

I'm going to stop talking now.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#26 - 2014-11-21 22:32:07 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
Lucrii Dei wrote:

I'm wondering if anyones decided to attmpt getting kinky with another in a pod. Course THAT wouldn't work. Might be able to smuggle bodies though.

I assume getting naughty in VR would be a lot more plausible, kinda like the matrix. Although with all that exists on the internet I can't see everyone doing things the normal way whilst in virtual reality.

I'm going to stop talking now.

No, no..... keep going. I just brought my bottle of lotion over to my desk.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Mharius Skjem
Guardians of the Underworld
#27 - 2014-11-22 23:18:07 UTC
Victoria Ewans wrote:
Question:

if i purchase vanity clothing and tattoos and equip them, will they get destroyed when ill get pod-kill (because i will...) will they reappear in my hangar or what???

Thk

Clothing is essentially an unlimited lifetime licence to supply them on demand at any station in new Eden as long as they are shown as being worn in your character profile. That's why they cost so much isk.

stick them in your hold though and they will drop like any other type of cargo.

A recovering btter vet,  with a fresh toon and a determination to like everything that CCP does to Eve...

Don't take me too seriously though, I like to tease a bit on the forums, but that's only because I love you...

CEO Wingyip
Doomheim
#28 - 2014-11-23 01:25:04 UTC
Victoria Ewans wrote:
Question:

if i purchase vanity clothing and tattoos and equip them, will they get destroyed when ill get pod-kill (because i will...) will they reappear in my hangar or what???

Thk

No, but if you are carrying them as items, they will be lost.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#29 - 2014-11-23 06:05:32 UTC
My 'Silvershore' Greatcoat is worth more than any ship I've ever owned, including cargo.

If clothing was destructible, there would be less incentive to buy Aurum to purchase clothing.
Mharius Skjem
Guardians of the Underworld
#30 - 2014-11-23 09:39:40 UTC
I wish ship skins were treated the same as clothing.

I'd pay dearly to guarantee that every time I get a noob ship it was in Angel or serpentis colours etc.

A recovering btter vet,  with a fresh toon and a determination to like everything that CCP does to Eve...

Don't take me too seriously though, I like to tease a bit on the forums, but that's only because I love you...

Previous page12