These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Thera and the Shattered Wormholes

First post First post
Author
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#41 - 2014-11-13 17:12:24 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Might be a dumb question, as these are shattered planets (if I read that right) does this mean no PI?

Yes, there is no PI in any of the shattered systems, including in Thera (Thera isn't all shattered planets but at least for now we're not enabling PI there).

Good decision on that btw.

What are the masses on the new wormholes. Do they regenerate and do they have new sig id's.

Also, does the Thera holes have a cap (can I crash 3 freighters into it and collapse it)? Do they regenerate?

Yaay!!!!

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#42 - 2014-11-13 17:13:33 UTC
Querns wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Might be a dumb question, as these are shattered planets (if I read that right) does this mean no PI?

This is correct -- Shattered planets have no resources available from Planetary Interaction.

There are actually a few shattered planets in k-space and some in (the current) w-space. Having whole systems full of them certainly points towards some nefarious means of creating a shattered planet rather than their occasional natural occurrence.

that's what I thought. Still a nifty farming system and access to ice will be a huge boost

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#43 - 2014-11-13 17:14:07 UTC
Thera

Why allow dictor and hic bubbles and only have 4 stations. Its just a station campers dream and a place for coalitions to go on vacation to. just seem very underwhelming to me and definitely not a Jita of WH space. please add more stations and bar hic and dic bubbles.
Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#44 - 2014-11-13 17:18:30 UTC
My expectation for Thera: Stealth Bombers. Stealth Bombers everywhere!

Also, CCP should give Thera a 50% reduction to the effects of its industry index. I have no doubts that Thera will be in the top-lists for the index at pretty much all times.

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.

Steven Hackett
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#45 - 2014-11-13 17:19:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Steven Hackett
Hey Fozzie,

How will adding more w-space systems make W-space seem more populated, especialy when POS's aren't allowed there?
How will adding more frigat mechanics into w-space make the game fun for all the players who doesn't care about frigats but still have to scan the **** down as part of their daily rutines?
Have you learned anything from talking to the W-Space community? and if so, didn't you believe them or did you just decide to say "Screw them"?

Also, what are the chances of you leaving W-space alone? I know we called for attention, but I guess the soul of w-space left the company with CCP Soundwave?
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#46 - 2014-11-13 17:22:47 UTC
THIS is the wormhole update I've been waiting for. I haven't been this excited to explore new corners of space in years.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-11-13 17:23:21 UTC
Cool, now put one of the stations really close to the sun and name it Aragoth Station. Heheh.
Leila Numanor
Tritanium Industries and Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2014-11-13 17:24:09 UTC
Very Coolz! Big smileTwisted
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#49 - 2014-11-13 17:24:16 UTC
Red Teufel wrote:
Thera

Why allow dictor and hic bubbles and only have 4 stations. Its just a station campers dream and a place for coalitions to go on vacation to. just seem very underwhelming to me and definitely not a Jita of WH space. please add more stations and bar hic and dic bubbles.

They barred deployable bubbles, but I don't see them barring hic or dic bubbles.

The 4 stations only are of some concern. 8 would be more bearable but possibly too many. 6 or 7 would have been about right.

Also the system is a little smaller than I expected. (Expecting 500 to 600 Au).

If the other 100 systems had stations also, I would have said clone jumping moronic. Since it's just Thera... I'm not so opposed to it. As long as that doesn't become standard practice.

This may turn into a major transit hub for space travel, especially if it is that interconnected.

Also, let us welcome Rancers Smart Bombing Battleship gang back.

Yaay!!!!

Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#50 - 2014-11-13 17:25:22 UTC
Steven Hackett wrote:
Hey Fozzie,

How will adding more w-space systems make W-space seem more populated, especialy when POS's aren't allowed there?
How will adding more frigat mechanics into w-space make the game fun for all the players who doesn't care about frigats but still have to scan the **** down as part of their daily rutines?
Have you learned anything from talking to the W-Space community? and if so, didn't you believe them or did you just decide to say "Screw them"?

Also, what are the chances of you leaving W-space alone? I know we called for attention, but I guess the soul of w-space left the company with CCP Soundwave?

you're... complaining about new wormhole content

idgi

they are even adding ice belts for y'all to get connected to your homes, how could you not be over the moon about these changes
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#51 - 2014-11-13 17:26:47 UTC
Summer Isle wrote:

Also, CCP should give Thera a 50% reduction to the effects of its industry index. I have no doubts that Thera will be in the top-lists for the index at pretty much all times.

Actually I would make it so that Thera has no taxes on buying or selling stuff at all (zero on a broker 5 and accounting 5 character).

I would charge a docking tax though (yup, get charged to dock). Heck it's soe's station, why should they let us dock for free.

Yaay!!!!

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#52 - 2014-11-13 17:30:59 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

Actually I would make it so that Thera has no taxes on buying or selling stuff at all (zero on a broker 5 and accounting 5 character).

I would charge a docking tax though (yup, get charged to dock). Heck it's soe's station, why should they let us dock for free.

pilot undocks aligns too warp off , bomber decloaks.. pilot gets pointed and gets some bombs heading in his direction .. arrghh!!! .. any consequences for bombing the station i wonder??

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#53 - 2014-11-13 17:31:43 UTC
I may have missed it, but will there be normal planets in Thera?

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.

Promiscuous Female
#54 - 2014-11-13 17:32:13 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

pilot undocks aligns too warp off , bomber decloaks.. pilot gets pointed and gets some bombs heading in his direction .. arrghh!!! .. any consequences for bombing the station i wonder??

ah yes points which prevent you from redocking and bombs which have a 12s detonation timer

truly only a superhuman reaction time could foil these plans
Promiscuous Female
#55 - 2014-11-13 17:33:00 UTC
Summer Isle wrote:
I may have missed it, but will there be normal planets in Thera?

yeah but PI is disabled, no poco having for anyone
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-11-13 17:33:38 UTC
In blog there is mention of pve in frigate shatered wh's, what about "normal" shattered wh's? are there pve in there and is it like in normal w-spave systems or is it skewed a little like in frigate ones?

are, for example, shatered c5's contain c5 bonuses from system effects and c5 anomalies and sites and will there be normal statics mechanics (i.e. no k-space from c4, dual static c4's and c2's) and what about capital escalations in there?
IceGuerilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2014-11-13 17:37:03 UTC
Woah! I had a weird dream a few years ago that I jumped into a W-space system with stations and got chased around by locals. Shocked
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#58 - 2014-11-13 17:37:13 UTC
I am extremely excited about these new wormholes, but I have one major worry. With server population being so low lately (higher since Phoebe, but still low), I don't think adding new systems is automatically a good for the game. New systems means more people spread out--sure, people might cluster in Thera, but that means less people everywhere else, too. It is hard enough to find a fight when they server population is below 25 or 20k (a daily occurrence), and where a decent 50% of those players might be in station or afk. Thera will likely be a good system, but unless the game gets more players, it just means everywhere else is going to be that-much-more empty.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-11-13 17:37:20 UTC
I wonder how many will want to make this there new home? It sounds interesting enough to me.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Alexis Nightwish
#60 - 2014-11-13 17:37:38 UTC
Everything about this looks amazing except for the Thera system itself. What a bubblebath that place will be Big smile

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers