These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] Introducing the Bowhead

First post First post First post
Author
Azahar Ortenegro
Seashells and Fireflies
#1681 - 2014-12-09 12:23:00 UTC
No NPC orders in Citadel.
Yume Ookami
Cognitive Disonance
#1682 - 2014-12-09 12:26:36 UTC
also i still find it interesting that the BPO and the ship indy tab say different things for build requirements on the main server
Yume Ookami
Cognitive Disonance
#1683 - 2014-12-09 12:29:06 UTC
Azahar Ortenegro wrote:
No NPC orders in Citadel.

was in a Citadel station that sold orca and no NPC orders for the 3 stations that should have had them
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1684 - 2014-12-09 12:31:49 UTC
So, basically ORE space.

So much for availability similar to an Orca.

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Locke Deathroe
Clan 86
Antesignani Alliance
#1685 - 2014-12-09 12:48:53 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Acquisition will work the same as freighters - there will be a NPC seeded BPO (with the same distribution as the Orca), it will be a bit cheaper than a freighter BPO, the Bowhead build materials will also be similar to other Freighters but will be be a bit lower. I would expect eventual market price to be 100 or 200 mil lower than other freighters.

It will use capital rigs.

I think it's been said other places but as far as loot - we hope to get a change ready in time for Rhea that will make SMA loot work the same as CHAs where the contents will be inside the wreck on ship death, it's still not totally clear if that will happen in time but it would be in the following release if not.

I'm not convinced about the EHP needing to be higher but I'll bring this to the rest of the team and get back to you.

Given it seems a lot of us actually read what CCP Rise said here... and are sitting in the stations that have Orca BPO's and see zero Bowhead BPO's yet a TON of them are already posted for sale in Jita makes me think CCP Devs have cheated yet again and told "select" people where the damn BPO's were seeded.

Sick and tired of Dev hacks and insider information being passed to the big boys.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1686 - 2014-12-09 13:36:27 UTC
Locke Deathroe wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Acquisition will work the same as freighters - there will be a NPC seeded BPO (with the same distribution as the Orca), it will be a bit cheaper than a freighter BPO, the Bowhead build materials will also be similar to other Freighters but will be be a bit lower. I would expect eventual market price to be 100 or 200 mil lower than other freighters.

I think it's been said other places but as far as loot - we hope to get a change ready in time for Rhea that will make SMA loot work the same as CHAs where the contents will be inside the wreck on ship death, it's still not totally clear if that will happen in time but it would be in the following release if not.

I'm not convinced about the EHP needing to be higher but I'll bring this to the rest of the team and get back to you.

Given it seems a lot of us actually read what CCP Rise said here... and are sitting in the stations that have Orca BPO's and see zero Bowhead BPO's yet a TON of them are already posted for sale in Jita makes me think CCP Devs have cheated yet again and told "select" people where the damn BPO's were seeded.

Sick and tired of Dev hacks and insider information being passed to the big boys.

Or said people went out and hunted them down.
Hoyy Lawson
ARES Redemptor
#1687 - 2014-12-09 17:03:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Hoyy Lawson
You could get it in 4C-B7X and in NM-OEA like Retriever and Covetor BPOs. Price is 1.55 B.

But pay attention, stations are camped and it's nullsec. Blink

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=26353444
Locke Deathroe
Clan 86
Antesignani Alliance
#1688 - 2014-12-09 17:07:43 UTC
Hoyy Lawson wrote:
You could get it in 4C-B7X and in NM-OEA like Retriever and Covetor BPOs.

Thanks mate, already been there and back again. Just wish I had known that's where it was going to be in the first place.
Hoyy Lawson
ARES Redemptor
#1689 - 2014-12-09 17:11:03 UTC
Yeah, had the same problem. Waiting in Citadel for the patch, see nothing there and burned to Outer Ring.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#1690 - 2014-12-09 20:38:37 UTC
Locke Deathroe wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Yes this is the only possible interpretation of events.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#1691 - 2014-12-09 20:42:25 UTC
Locke Deathroe wrote:
Hoyy Lawson wrote:

Thanks mate, already been there and back again. Just wish I had known that's where it was going to be in the first place.

Your apology to the developers for falsely accusing them of cheating is welcome, if a little obliquely phrased.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sluht Hunter
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1692 - 2014-12-10 04:03:54 UTC
Evil

Kept up on the dev blogs, researched what was going to be needed so I could Aquire the Bowhead bpo today and get one right into the oven, to take advantage of release prices on new ships.

To my great surprise yet again /sarcasm, Some one decided to change the required materials to build a bow head at the last min. So there I sat with to many of the wrong parts, not enough of the ones never listed. Gee thanks again CCP. Oh and BTW thanks for that Orca like availability of the BPO that never happend. The only players that benift at all from mining barges and ORE ship bpo's seeded there is Goons. Making them even richer, while the rest of us have to pay their crazy mark up or risk our expensive assets to attempt to fly there to get it. This needs to change. Seed some ORE stations in High sec or at least turn Ore space into hi sec or even low sec.

Disgruntled but still playing the game.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1693 - 2014-12-10 04:53:25 UTC
Sluht Hunter wrote:
Evil

Kept up on the dev blogs, researched what was going to be needed so I could Aquire the Bowhead bpo today and get one right into the oven, to take advantage of release prices on new ships.

To my great surprise yet again /sarcasm, Some one decided to change the required materials to build a bow head at the last min. So there I sat with to many of the wrong parts, not enough of the ones never listed. Gee thanks again CCP. Oh and BTW thanks for that Orca like availability of the BPO that never happend. The only players that benift at all from mining barges and ORE ship bpo's seeded there is Goons. Making them even richer, while the rest of us have to pay their crazy mark up or risk our expensive assets to attempt to fly there to get it. This needs to change. Seed some ORE stations in High sec or at least turn Ore space into hi sec or even low sec.

Come take the station away from us.
Yume Kanekawa
Cognitive Disonance
#1694 - 2014-12-10 05:30:39 UTC
Sluht Hunter wrote:
Evil

i also followed the forums and played on the test server.
i bought 2 BPOs and had them in the oven within 20min of buying them
i have 2 bowheads coming out so i can enjoy the overpriced nature of the early builds
Erika Tsurpalen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1695 - 2014-12-10 07:29:45 UTC
Sluht Hunter wrote:
or risk our expensive assets to attempt to fly there to get it.

An Interceptor is expensive?

An Inty could easily do that entire run, not only within about 20minutes, but with little Risk, just fit it for quick warp alignment and no one is going to catch you.

Except maybe a smartbomber. But theyre pretty rare in their own right.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#1696 - 2014-12-10 07:55:09 UTC
Erika Tsurpalen wrote:
Sluht Hunter wrote:
or risk our expensive assets to attempt to fly there to get it.

An Interceptor is expensive?

An Inty could easily do that entire run, not only within about 20minutes, but with little Risk, just fit it for quick warp alignment and no one is going to catch you.

Except maybe a smartbomber. But theyre pretty rare in their own right.

And if you fly an interceptr carefully (eg: scan outgates, use pingspots) then you can nearly always evade smartbombers as well.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Dusty 3allvalve
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#1697 - 2014-12-10 07:56:07 UTC
Dear, dear CCP,

No I have not read the whole thread but so far I can see many people are exited about your new ship (mostly looking forward to blowing them up), and many suggesting changes because I doesn't quite make sense. Like you say, it's a niche ship...and someone will find a good way to loose stuff with it. Not that I don't look forward to seeing the blueprints (less than others obviously) but right now, I wouldn't be caught dead flying one (pun intended).

I told you what you need before: an ORE ship named revenge.

I would like to finish by saying thank you all the same. We like more ships, and you are providing THE game. Great job; please keep it up.

--Dusty
Dusty 3allvalve
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#1698 - 2014-12-10 08:19:55 UTC
Dusty 3allvalve wrote:
Dear, dear CCP,

No I have not read the whole thread but so far I can see many people are exited about your new ship (mostly looking blowing them up), and many suggesting changes because I doesn't quite make sense. Like you say, it's a niche ship...and someone will find a good way to loose stuff with it. Not that I don't look forward to seeing the blueprints (less than others obviously) but right now, I wouldn't be caught dead flying one (pun intended).

I told you what you need before: an ORE ship named revenge.

I would like to finish by saying thank you all the same. We like more ships, and you are providing THE game. Great job; please keep it up.

--Dusty

In fact I'll recap:
ORE ship Revenge. Looks like...well, one of these. Displays the name...this. But really, a formitable gun ship with vigilante in its design. Yah. I like where you're going with this.
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1699 - 2014-12-10 12:31:22 UTC
Yume Kanekawa wrote:
Sluht Hunter wrote:
Evil

i also followed the forums and played on the test server.
i bought 2 BPOs and had them in the oven within 20min of buying them
i have 2 bowheads coming out so i can enjoy the overpriced nature of the early builds

I was pretty grumbly about this as well. Had a stock pile of the components that were listed on Sisi and was surprised at the change on the actual bpo.

Reprocessed my extra components and building the relisted ones. In the meantime, my bpo will get a little TE research. I lost two days on the components but should make up a little on the final construction.

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#1700 - 2014-12-10 14:57:14 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Locke Deathroe wrote:
Hoyy Lawson wrote:

Your apology to the developers for falsely accusing them of cheating is welcome, if a little obliquely phrased.

they said it would have the same availability as the orca which it does not.