These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] Introducing the Bowhead

First post First post First post
Author
Bertucio
Chandra Labs
#1021 - 2014-11-13 22:26:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertucio
Some Rando wrote:
Bertucio wrote:
Yeah - that's what I'm saying. If you spend a billion ISK on a freighter, than something around a billion ISK should be spent to take it down in hi-sec. That gankers shouldn't be entitled to take it down unless they also risk what the freighter pilot is risking - a billion ISK.

Let me get this straight, if I undock a shuttle with 30 PLEX in it, the amount of ships needed to kill my shuttle should be equivalent to the current value of 30 PLEX? Is that your reasoning?

Let me get this straight, shipping 30 PLEX is the same as a slow freighter flying through Uedama?

Because if you're arguing that shipping 30 PLEX is the same as a freighter trying to transport stuff through Uedama then your argument is irrelevant. The two are not the same.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1022 - 2014-11-13 22:46:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Some Rando
Bertucio wrote:
Let me get this straight, shipping 30 PLEX is the same as a slow freighter flying through Uedama?

If you weren't hauling expensive stuff in that Bowhead your chances of being a target would go down astronomically because ganking costs time and ISK, same as the Bowhead. If it takes 35 dudes in Catalysts (minimum) to take down a (well-tanked) Bowhead the manpower cost is quite high; you need a guy to scan Bowheads looking for a good profit, you need a guy to bump, you need 35 dudes all sitting around waiting on a moment's notice to undock and bring down righteous fury on the careless carebear, you need a guy in a freighter to scoop the loot (that's a major risk) or multiple guys to hop in those ships (still a major risk), you need alts to bring in ganking gear, you need market alts to sell the goods,, etc... The time in person-hours required to take down a Bowhead with destroyers is substantial if you want to be profitable. If you're doing it "for lulz" you still need financing and logistics, which might come from donations (in CODE.'s case) which involves the toil of many other people. A ton of effort goes into a successful gank. Your argument about the effort of and cost to a single player is irrelevant compared to the organization required for ganking.

Bertucio wrote:
Because if you're arguing that shipping 30 PLEX is the same as a freighter trying to transport stuff through Uedama then your argument is irrelevant. The two are not the same.

Your argument amounts to cost being the balancing factor, so they are the same thing. Is not the sweat of my brow equal in worth to yours?

CCP has no sense of humour.

Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#1023 - 2014-11-13 22:46:45 UTC
Bertucio wrote:
Masao Kurata wrote:
It's irrelevant because the bowheap's peak EHP is much higher than any T1 freighter.

.... Irrelevant, since you know as well as I that the current cheap dessy paradigm in Uedama will still be able to take the Bow down - risking a lot less ISK than it's actually worth.

If one pilot could fly a large number of ships by remote you would have something resembling a point, as it is you do not.
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#1024 - 2014-11-13 22:47:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Masao Kurata
Some Rando wrote:
If it takes 35 dudes in Catalysts (minimum) to take down a freighter

A well tanked bowhead which isn't AFK, not a freighter, and that's if using destroyers.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1025 - 2014-11-13 22:52:47 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
A well tanked bowhead which isn't AFK, not a freighter, and that's if using destroyers.

Thank you for the correction.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Fruckton Haulalot
EREBOR Logistics
Pillars of Liberty
#1026 - 2014-11-13 22:54:56 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
Bertucio wrote:
Masao Kurata wrote:
It's irrelevant because the bowheap's peak EHP is much higher than any T1 freighter.

.... Irrelevant, since you know as well as I that the current cheap dessy paradigm in Uedama will still be able to take the Bow down - risking a lot less ISK than it's actually worth.

If one pilot could fly a large number of ships by remote you would have something resembling a point, as it is you do not.

you sire are mistaken... there are several players who fly multiple ships aka accounts... there are nurmerous players who feild 10 to 20 accounts at a time ...

there are a few... who can and do feild 40 or more accounts at a time for ganking.
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#1027 - 2014-11-13 23:01:19 UTC
Fruckton Haulalot wrote:
you sire are mistaken...

I'm not royalty but thanks.

Quote:
there are several players who fly multiple ships aka accounts...

I said pilot, not player. That said I am wholly opposed to isboxer and think it's shameful that CCP haven't strictly forbidden its use.

Quote:
there are nurmerous players who feild 10 to 20 accounts at a time ... there are a few... who can and do feild 40 or more accounts at a time for ganking.

Well if anyone's multiboxing 40 gankers by himself, which I have seen no evidence of, he must be incredibly lazy because he sure isn't ganking much.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1028 - 2014-11-13 23:41:52 UTC
Bertucio wrote:

Yeah - that's what I'm saying. If you spend a billion ISK on a freighter, than something around a billion ISK should be spent to take it down in hi-sec. .

There is a megathron in EVE worth around 5-10 trillion isk. Using your logic, this ship should have a tank greater than a fleet of titans.

Nya Kittenheart
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1029 - 2014-11-13 23:49:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nya Kittenheart
Could we come back on the subject aka the ship himself and let the suicide ganking discussion for another time ...

-What about the new skill , it doesn't seem right to me to introduce a third skill affecting ORE ship line .
-Introduction of an Ore bay ?
-Bonus to warp speed for the hull ? 10 % per level ?
-Removal of the jump fatigue bonus ?
-BP and ship available trought concord LP ?
-A little more space in the SMA at lvl 4 of the skill to carry 3 different type of pirate BS + a logi ?
-Cpu is a bit short for fitting 2 invul t2+ a mwd meta 4
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#1030 - 2014-11-14 00:15:17 UTC
A warp speed per level bonus would be nice, though probably not necessary. The agility bonus is definitely unnecessary, its original agility was fine considering that it benefits from advanced spaceship command. The only change that needs to be made is reverting the stats back to version 1.
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#1031 - 2014-11-14 00:15:37 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Bertucio wrote:

Yeah - that's what I'm saying. If you spend a billion ISK on a freighter, than something around a billion ISK should be spent to take it down in hi-sec. .

There is a megathron in EVE worth around 5-10 trillion isk. Using your logic, this ship should have a tank greater than a fleet of titans.

maybe only compare hull value and not mods
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1032 - 2014-11-14 00:20:16 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bertucio wrote:

That is the hull. The mods only come to a paltry few hundred billion.
KatanTharkay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1033 - 2014-11-14 00:47:32 UTC
Can it get a high slot and fleet hangars, pretty please? Big smile
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#1034 - 2014-11-14 00:52:14 UTC
The reality is that the only group in highsec that actually needs to move 3 battleships around at once is incursion runners, and most of them with either have vindi+mach+nm or vindi+nm+scimi+basi,

Either way the hull value alone is getting close to 2 bil....and lots of highsec players will be sticking their expensive mods in as well, so we could easily be looking at 10 bil+ inside. I'm just hoping we don't start seeing these blowing up the same way we see jump freighters blowing up.

Personally I'm gonna wait a couple of months to see the ganking level before I even consider flying this.
Rexxorr
Perkone
Caldari State
#1035 - 2014-11-14 00:54:43 UTC
I 'am a mission runnner.

This new ship has potential. What I would like to see is a trade off , tank vs ship carrying ability. The ability to carry four battleships at the expence of tank, or the ability to fit a large tank while only able to carry two or three battleships. Give it the ability to use a MJD , to reward active piloting.

As it stands atm, I would hesitate to transport maruaders or priate battleships using the Bowhead.
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#1036 - 2014-11-14 01:28:04 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bertucio wrote:

build cost then
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1037 - 2014-11-14 01:56:05 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bertucio wrote:

build cost then

It still comes down to the idea that the more money you throw at it the safer it should be.
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#1038 - 2014-11-14 02:51:58 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Lady Rift wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Bertucio wrote:

build cost then

Fine day to pick cherries...
captain foivos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1039 - 2014-11-14 03:01:54 UTC
hey guys let's balance ship hulls on cost

--CCP titan development team, 2005
Bertucio
Chandra Labs
#1040 - 2014-11-14 03:52:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertucio
Nya Kittenheart wrote:
Could we come back on the subject aka the ship himself and let the suicide ganking discussion for another time ...

-What about the new skill , it doesn't seem right to me to introduce a third skill affecting ORE ship line .
-Introduction of an Ore bay ?
-Bonus to warp speed for the hull ? 10 % per level ?
-Removal of the jump fatigue bonus ?
-BP and ship available trought concord LP ?
-A little more space in the SMA at lvl 4 of the skill to carry 3 different type of pirate BS + a logi ?
-Cpu is a bit short for fitting 2 invul t2+ a mwd meta 4

-The ship should be in the Interbus line
-Not the role of the ship
-Warp speed for a tugboat? Doesn't seem realistic and comparable to other T1 freighters or Orca.
-Removal of jump fatigue bonus (just another way of nul-sec alliances trying to cheat on the power projection nerfs)
-That will sure limit availability and won't add much to regular Industrialist players in Eve. So no.
-Yeah I think 3 BS's seems a bit little and the 1st comments on this thread were to buff the SMA
-Why more CPU? Since suicide ganking we shouldn't discuss and now is not even an issue.

I agree with one of the earlier posters: I'm going to wait for this puppy since it seems pretty clear to me now that it's going to be released with not much more buff to it - basically because of the bias in Eve: ingrained entitlement of gankers (also known as griefers) to have a free cheap dessy lunch in hi-sec. But then that's always the case when new stuff is put out - it is usually only about a half a year or year later of abuse that CCP finally gets around to addressing the problem and it gets fixed. But hey that's Eve! As for me - I'm outta here.