These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rhea] Introducing the Bowhead

First post First post First post
Author
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#921 - 2014-11-13 10:05:38 UTC
Anonymous Forumposter wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:
And here I thought I might actually like you.

You do realize you're saying that to the guy bringing you a shiney new loot pinata for christmas right?

So Mike works for CCP now?
Anonymous Forumposter
State War Academy
Caldari State
#922 - 2014-11-13 10:10:37 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:

You do realize you're saying that to the guy bringing you a shiney new loot pinata for christmas right?

Sure he does. He helps facilitate communication between the playerbase and the devs and consults on concepts being developed.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#923 - 2014-11-13 10:18:26 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
I'm grateful to have the troll stench gone from the thread, but going from 63 pages down to 45 means 29% of the entire contents of this thread after only a few days was entirely useless. That's more than just a little depressing.

Welcome to every single topic on anything to do with high sec. All of the useful feedback on this new ship has been given, now that the high sec entitalment crowd has found the thead nothing useful will come from this thread anymore.

Honestly supprised it wasn't more removed, or even locked for a time. If I may be blunt, most and I mean most not some, of this thread has been utter dookie. That said, it's actually kind of entertaining watching people bicker over this thing, only for everyone and their mother making every attempt to one-up the other with "Shut-up, I know better than you" lines.

CCP, this ship is fine as is. Rest assured that if you release the Bowhead without further adjustment, you will have at least one happy customer. Some people will fly it, some won't, some of them will die in a ball of terrible fire...in space of all places...we all will still be here. You guys couldn't screw this up if you tried, at least with me (I'm just happy that this ship is finally getting released), unless you remove this from Rhea's soon-to-be patch notes.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#924 - 2014-11-13 10:38:00 UTC
Warr Akini wrote:
That's about right. And CCP has repeatedly increased the risk of failure/loss

Eve is hard deal with it, just like the rest of us have to deal with the constant whining from both gankers and victims.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Julie Oppenheimer
COX INDUSTRIES
#925 - 2014-11-13 11:54:01 UTC
Just throwing this out there: allow it to fit the Target Spectrum Breaker (and maybe remove a little tank).
Anonymous Forumposter
State War Academy
Caldari State
#926 - 2014-11-13 11:58:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Anonymous Forumposter
Julie Oppenheimer wrote:
Just throwing this out there: allow it to fit the Target Spectrum Breaker (and maybe remove a little tank).

The problem with that as a strategy is that the ship is designed for high sec. In high sec, You're either stuck not using it due to your safety being on, or you instantly destroy your sec status AND get concorded after firing it off on a crowded gate.
Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#927 - 2014-11-13 12:00:08 UTC
Manic Velocity wrote:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Will we be able to repackage multiple Bowheads and place them in the cargo of another Bowhead, in effect making this Bowhead a... ship shipping ship shipping shipping ships?

Just one I suspect - like any other of the smaller capital ships.....

We do now have our packaged capital ship through high sec hauler.Big smile

Don't soil your panties, you guys made a good point, we'll look at the numbers again. - CCP Ytterbium

Anonymous Forumposter
State War Academy
Caldari State
#928 - 2014-11-13 12:01:22 UTC
Marcus Tedric wrote:
Manic Velocity wrote:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Will we be able to repackage multiple Bowheads and place them in the cargo of another Bowhead, in effect making this Bowhead a... ship shipping ship shipping shipping ships?

You can't put packaged ships in an SMA.
Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#929 - 2014-11-13 12:19:56 UTC
Marcus Tedric wrote:
Manic Velocity wrote:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

You can't put packaged ships in an SMA.

Hmmm - you can at a POS (it's been a while mind you) - that's how you then assemble them. I thought that was the difference between an SMB (Orca, Carrier, etc) and an SMA?

Happy to be corrected - it has been a while since I have.Smile

Don't soil your panties, you guys made a good point, we'll look at the numbers again. - CCP Ytterbium

Anonymous Forumposter
State War Academy
Caldari State
#930 - 2014-11-13 12:23:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Anonymous Forumposter
Marcus Tedric wrote:
Hmmm - you can at a POS (it's been a while mind you) - that's how you then assemble them. I thought that was the difference between an SMB (Orca, Carrier, etc) and an SMA?

Now that you mention it, I just assumed Rise made a typo when he said SMA but actually meant SMB.

That would be really interesting if this was the first ship with an SMA in it!

Can we get some clarification CCP? Can we also get some clarification as to whether you'll be able to board ships from this ship in space? Will you be able to use this to refit like you can on an Orca?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#931 - 2014-11-13 12:32:32 UTC
Marcus Tedric wrote:

Now that you mention it, I just assumed Rise made a typo when he said SMA but actually meant SMB.

That would be really interesting if this was the first ship with an SMA in it!

Can we get some clarification CCP? Can we also get some clarification as to whether you'll be able to board ships from this ship in space?

I would assume you can at the very least eject a ship from the hold.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#932 - 2014-11-13 13:07:29 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
Warr Akini wrote:

Sure he does. He helps facilitate communication between the playerbase and the devs and consults on concepts being developed.

If he still thinks this thing needs more EHP, he won't be getting my vote for the next term. His views aren't in line with mine on when it comes to ship balance.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Stefan Veldspar
Doomheim
#933 - 2014-11-13 13:09:07 UTC
Breaking News
Leaked image of Bowhead: http://i.imgur.com/qjDG8Xp.jpg
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#934 - 2014-11-13 13:14:51 UTC
Fruckton Haulalot wrote:

the constant push for gankers/pvpers to be able to kill it in high sec is just gankers/pirates and griefers wanting to make sure they can still get the tears and or pinyatas they enjoy doing now...

...You want more PVP... or meat to grind in your low/null grief areas fine push for it in some other thread.

And those of us who like to compete within hi-sec.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#935 - 2014-11-13 13:17:26 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
War Kitten wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Every single ship in EVE works better when used in a group.

Also a bit disingenuous. A freighter can't physically hold more cargo when its used with a group.
A velator can't do more dps when its in a group.
A raven can't hold more torpedoes when its in a group.

Better is relative.

A freighter can align faster and be safer in a group.
A velator CAN do more dps in a group due to fleet bonuses.
A raven also performs better in a group due to fleet bonuses.

Better can fit more than your narrowly defined criteria. You're the one being disingenuous with those silly arguments.

sorry no fleet bonus for dps. also doesnt increase ammo holding ability.

Brainfart there - sorry. I was thinking EHP. Which in the long run extends DPS a bit, but doesn't increase it.

A Raven *could* hold more torpedos with cargo expanders, but then a good group would hopefully discourage that kind of silly idea.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#936 - 2014-11-13 13:28:31 UTC
Maybe what really needs to happen here is a rebalance of reinforced bulkheads.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Reinforced_Bulkhead for reference.

Tech II 25% is a big jump from the 15-19% of meta 1-4, considering these aren't stacking penalized. That could be cut back a bit.

Maybe the penalty should also be reduced warp speed too.

Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#937 - 2014-11-13 13:35:51 UTC
If percentage hull HP increase became a penalised stat that would certainly fix a lot of the imbalances introduced by transverse bulkheads.
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#938 - 2014-11-13 13:45:25 UTC
You people talk about suicide ganking like ever freighter gets blown up the first time it undocks.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#939 - 2014-11-13 14:15:49 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
You people talk about suicide ganking like ever freighter gets blown up the first time it undocks.

I know, right?

I've flown a freighter into lowsec and all over hisec.
I've flown a JF in several areas of null.
I've never lost either, despite jumping through Uedama and Niarja with both on several occasions.

I plan to own a bowhead too - especially if it gets stupid-high EHP.

It's not hard folks, nor is it common that ganks happen to pilots that are flying smartly.*

* - except during Burn Jita - then all bets are off :)

Valterra Craven
#940 - 2014-11-13 14:37:35 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Maybe what really needs to happen here is a rebalance of reinforced bulkheads.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Reinforced_Bulkhead for reference.

Tech II 25% is a big jump from the 15-19% of meta 1-4, considering these aren't stacking penalized. That could be cut back a bit.

Maybe the penalty should also be reduced warp speed too.

IMO bulkheads are already over penalized. Think of it this way, what if you actually had to make trade offs when you fit tank on your PVP ship (aka the mods had a dps reduction added). This is basically what bulk heads do for freighters, they give you more tank at a penalty of your primary stat: cargo hold.