These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Federation and its oppressed nations

Author
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#121 - 2014-11-17 09:34:45 UTC
"Frog" actually derives from a Morthane insult directed at the Garoun - which, given that almost all the descendants of Gallente Prime are just considered "Gallente" nowadays, has somewhat lost its context. Residents of Garoun were well-known historically for eating things that other nations considered strange - one of these things being frogs.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2014-11-17 09:50:12 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
"Frog" actually derives from a Morthane insult directed at the Garoun - which, given that almost all the descendants of Gallente Prime are just considered "Gallente" nowadays, has somewhat lost its context. Residents of Garoun were well-known historically for eating things that other nations considered strange - one of these things being frogs.

That explains the restaurants in Dodixie. I think there was something that looked like the insects that craws around in garbage bins roasted on a stick in one of the delis. No idea why anyone would eat that but apparently they taste like crustacean.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#123 - 2014-11-17 10:11:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
That's just Dodixie. It's the foremost capsuleer market hub of the Federation, which means that a lot of baseliner commerce takes place there as well. Given the wealth of foreign businessmen and tourists the station gets, and the multicultural leanings of the Federation, there are restaurants to cater to almost any taste.

I mean, I almost always ended up going to QuafeSnacks if I was out-of-pod on business, but, you know... all these different restaurants are there, if people want them.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Liuni Kalthis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2014-11-17 16:11:45 UTC
Diana Kim talking about the Federation; time to skip what she says and go directly to the comments.
Miyamoto Takedi
Perkone
Caldari State
#125 - 2014-11-18 23:24:23 UTC
Learn to read Diana. I was speaking of the oppression of Achuran culture, and the theft of our most sacred artefact.
I simply referenced one of your own statements as proof.

That does not make my post 'discussion of those speaking out against the federation' .
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#126 - 2014-11-19 08:12:58 UTC
The Federation must be destroyed, citizens!

All what they can answer to me now is nothing but personal attacks mixed with unrelated blabbering about our State, instead of discussing the problem.

And this is why the Federation must me destroyed.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Miyamoto Takedi
Perkone
Caldari State
#127 - 2014-11-19 10:01:07 UTC
Unrelated?
Now I know you can't read, or are being purposefully ignorant.
(Just to be clear, neither are an insult, you have either had trouble understanding a rather simple sentence, or have chosen to ignore the relevance of my post.)

Welcome to yet another block list Diana.

Bigotry of your level will get you nowhere, and crying when people pull you up on it is useless.
Now, fade away. You have no place in civilised society.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#128 - 2014-11-19 10:16:40 UTC
Miyamoto Takedi wrote:
Unrelated?
Now I know you can't read, or are being purposefully ignorant.
(Just to be clear, neither are an insult, you have either had trouble understanding a rather simple sentence, or have chosen to ignore the relevance of my post.)

Welcome to yet another block list Diana.

Bigotry of your level will get you nowhere, and crying when people pull you up on it is useless.
Now, fade away. You have no place in civilised society.

The Federation must be destroyed, citizens!

Now you can see another irrelevant federation supporter, who was only insulting me, calling ignorant, while being ignorant himself, tells that I have no place in civilized society, while it was him, who can't participate in discussion as a civilized person. You can see for yourself how deluded these federal supporters are.

But on a good side, he is blocking me, which means, I don't have anymore to reply to his unrelated and groundless insults of impotent rage.

Now, having dealt with this minor inconvenience, lets return to the proper discussion about
why the Federation must be destroyed.

Miyamoto Takedi
Perkone
Caldari State
#129 - 2014-11-19 10:33:17 UTC
Ok, it has been pointed out that someone has said i'm a Federation supporter.
Sorry to burst such a 'special' person's bubble, but nothing could be further from the truth.
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#130 - 2014-11-19 10:33:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
Diana, while I don't agree with mister Takedi's attempt to attack you based on racial loyalty, I do think it is a bit unfair to accuse him of being a Federation supporter. Most of his grievances, while considerably off-topic, are legitimate, and he didn't even mention it in any of his posts.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#131 - 2014-11-19 11:18:22 UTC
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
Diana, while I don't agree with mister Takedi's attempt to attack you based on racial loyalty, I do think it is a bit unfair to accuse him of being a Federation supporter. Most of his grievances, while considerably off-topic, are legitimate, and he didn't even mention it in any of his posts.

The Federation must be destroyed, Ms. Ikiryo,

I have never seen this person before, yet I have just browsed all his replies in IGS forum: all they were simply trolling against me. Thus I somewhat happy he is blocking me, and I won't have to deal with it anymore. Moreover, he never said what exactly I did wrong against him to provoke such vivid reaction.

If I have wronged someone without a reason or for a reason they believe to be insignificant, they can always confront me and demand either apologies or satisfaction, I am not hiding from anyone. Of course, I would prefer them to send me private mail with reference to exact event they wish to contest.

This Mr. Takedi is counterwise blindly attacking me and he does this in the discussion, where I explain my viewpoints about federation and those, who were forced to live in it. I see profit in this for nobody else except gallenteans.

Maybe I am wrong in this conclusion, but please excuse me, from my point of view this explanation has way higher probability than other hypotheses, as this exact discussion was to attack nobody else but the Federation.

I sincerely believe that he was either paid by or brainwashed by gallenteans to behave such terribly in this media.
And this is why the Federation must be destroyed.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#132 - 2014-11-19 11:37:12 UTC
Jvpiter wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Some frogs have poisonous-enough skin to kill an entire city three times over. I wonder what that's saying.

I thought about these diminutive, bright colored creatures you mention as I was writing my last post.

I suppose from that perspective 'Frog' is not as insulting, after all.

Did you know that Luminaire Skippers are the dominant aquatic predator in the Gallente Prime marshlands? These frogs weight around 2 kg and their skin colour is a curious indigo hue!
The Federation often uses them for animal testing in laboratories!

The More You Know!

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#133 - 2014-11-19 11:55:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
Diana Kim wrote:
The Federation must be destroyed, Ms. Ikiryo,

I have never seen this person before, yet I have just browsed all his replies in IGS forum: all they were simply trolling against me. Thus I somewhat happy he is blocking me, and I won't have to deal with it anymore. Moreover, he never said what exactly I did wrong against him to provoke such vivid reaction.

If I have wronged someone without a reason or for a reason they believe to be insignificant, they can always confront me and demand either apologies or satisfaction, I am not hiding from anyone. Of course, I would prefer them to send me private mail with reference to exact event they wish to contest.

This Mr. Takedi is counterwise blindly attacking me and he does this in the discussion, where I explain my viewpoints about federation and those, who were forced to live in it. I see profit in this for nobody else except gallenteans.

Maybe I am wrong in this conclusion, but please excuse me, from my point of view this explanation has way higher probability than other hypotheses, as this exact discussion was to attack nobody else but the Federation.

I sincerely believe that he was either paid by or brainwashed by gallenteans to behave such terribly in this media.

Diana, with respect, I am struggling to find where mister Takedi attacked you in the post, despite it being a little bluntly worded. I mean - Let's dissect it, here. (Keep in mind I don't per se believe in any of these outlooks, at least not to the same degree. I'm just trying to clarify intent.)

Quote:
One of the creator's children, speaking about another nation's oppressed is something i find ironic.

This is not a personal attack - In fact, it's actually a observation that's quite applicable to the topic. In it, mister Takedi is conveying his own opinion regarding the States treatment of the Achur people, and following up on that by commenting on the fact that you, a person of Achuran heritage, have made a topic regarding the Federations mistreatment of minority ethnic groups. Essentially, he is presenting a "glass houses" arguement - That the topic itself is intrinsically flawed, because the State has no moral high ground from which to cast stones.

Quote:
Given the fact that in previous posts you have claimed that you are not, in any way, Achuran, proves how thoroughly SuVee has tried to oppress and silence our own culture.

This part isn't so much an attack on you as an attack on the State itself - He is beamoning the fact that Caldari culture has been so effective is distancing people of our ancestry from our origins, that you see these issues in other civilizations, but not our own.

Quote:
Perhaps though you are in a rather unique position.
It would certainly be ironic on a galactic scale if ms Kim here was to locate and return the rod to it's rightful place.

And this certainly isn't an attack either - He actually seems to be complimenting you, saying that your devotion to the State may actually do our people some ironic good in the long.

So I'm not sure where you got the idea he was trying to insult you. I mean, he did, later on, but that was only after you attempted to disparage him in a personal regard first, when you called him "feeble minded."
Miyamoto Takedi
Perkone
Caldari State
#134 - 2014-11-19 15:32:07 UTC
Thank-you ms Ikiryo.
I had thought my language quite clear on the subject.

At least someone gets it.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#135 - 2014-11-19 18:05:01 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
That's just Dodixie. It's the foremost capsuleer market hub of the Federation, which means that a lot of baseliner commerce takes place there as well. Given the wealth of foreign businessmen and tourists the station gets, and the multicultural leanings of the Federation, there are restaurants to cater to almost any taste.

I mean, I almost always ended up going to QuafeSnacks if I was out-of-pod on business, but, you know... all these different restaurants are there, if people want them.

Their Caldari fast food sucks, by the way. It's like some caricature of Caldari Food was imported as a prank or some sort of weird art project making a statement about the State and they all just assumed it was supposed to be that way. So now EVERY outlet on the Station cooks it like that.

Honestly - whatever's supposed to be crisp is soggy. Things that aren't supposed to be crisp get overcooked until they're dried out. None of the seafood I got was fresh, and this in a system that PRIDES itself on fresh seafood. They seem to think that ALL Caldari food should be seasoned by a blind Achuran spicemistress....

I could go on.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2014-11-19 18:23:42 UTC
Pieter, not to sound too dismissive, as I completely understand, but that seems to be normal...

Most places only seem to be able to create a rough approximation of another cultures cuisine, ever tried to get good starcakes in Amarrian territory?
I can only assume that it's usually because of import restrictions, or the lack of the correct fresh ingredients.

It's quite a shame to be honest. While some of the more 'traditional' caldari recipes are, from my perspective at least, a little odd, most are delicious when prepared correctly.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#137 - 2014-11-21 22:36:17 UTC
Words have meaning; they can inspire others to do great things - but only if the leaders believe them. The truth is that the leaders of the Caldari Militia no longer believe in their cause.

The true purposes of this thread is to inspire the militarily, and psychologically defeated Caldari militia leaders to take some sort of action in the Factional Warfare theater. Give them some hope that their cause is just. Unfortunately for her, I think it's too late. They know the truth. Victory on the battlefield only increases the wealth of the megacorporations that run the Caldari State - not the pilots who put their ships into harm's way.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#138 - 2014-11-21 23:37:39 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Words have meaning; they can inspire others to do great things - but only if the leaders believe them. The truth is that the leaders of the Caldari Militia no longer believe in their cause.

The true purposes of this thread is to inspire the militarily, and psychologically defeated Caldari militia leaders to take some sort of action in the Factional Warfare theater. Give them some hope that their cause is just. Unfortunately for her, I think it's too late. They know the truth. Victory on the battlefield only increases the wealth of the megacorporations that run the Caldari State - not the pilots who put their ships into harm's way.

It's not even that. The State Protectorate was Heth's animal from the get go. Taking money from what's left of the Provists feels sort of dirty in the first place. Add that to the fact that most of us got into the FW business because of the horrible injustice of Home being kept from us and what possible reason do we have to go fly there, anymore?

Perhaps I should be getting more impassioned about the mining colonies and the industrial outposts in Black Rise but, to be honest, Heth even managed to taint all THAT before he was driven from office. You should talk to Samira Kernher about victory in the warzone, though, because she has an amplification of your point. Victory not only doesn't profit the pilots, it doesn't even profit the factions involved. Most people that live in the warzone shrug and go about their business - who holds the space over their heads barely factors into their daily lives - and it's not like anything REALLY changes hands.

No, I think we got the better end of that deal.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#139 - 2014-11-22 01:29:29 UTC
Intaki are usually too drunk to oppress anything outside of a supply of spirits.

And we like it that way. Don't start no trouble there won't be no trouble.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#140 - 2014-11-26 11:26:11 UTC
The Federation must be destroyed, Ikiryo-haani,
and this Takedi, as their agent, must be detained and investigated for treason.

Gwen Ikiryo wrote:

Quote:
One of the creator's children, speaking about another nation's oppressed is something i find ironic.

This is not a personal attack - In fact, it's actually a observation that's quite applicable to the topic. In it, mister Takedi is conveying his own opinion regarding the States treatment of the Achur people, and following up on that by commenting on the fact that you, a person of Achuran heritage, have made a topic regarding the Federations mistreatment of minority ethnic groups. Essentially, he is presenting a "glass houses" arguement - That the topic itself is intrinsically flawed, because the State has no moral high ground from which to cast stones.

While I agree with what you are saying, this person (traitor Takedi) was talking about me in the first place, and not about the problem of Achura. Please take note not just on what he says, but also HOW he says.
"One of the creator's children, doing something, I find ironic". That was his message. That what was he pointing out. And it comes down with every his reply - he tries to turn conversation about the Federation to a conversation about me.
Lets look further.

Gwen Ikiryo wrote:

Quote:
Given the fact that in previous posts you have claimed that you are not, in any way, Achuran, proves how thoroughly SuVee has tried to oppress and silence our own culture.

This part isn't so much an attack on you as an attack on the State itself - He is beamoning the fact that Caldari culture has been so effective is distancing people of our ancestry from our origins, that you see these issues in other civilizations, but not our own.

Quote:
Perhaps though you are in a rather unique position.
It would certainly be ironic on a galactic scale if ms Kim here was to locate and return the rod to it's rightful place.

And this certainly isn't an attack either - He actually seems to be complimenting you, saying that your devotion to the State may actually do our people some ironic good in the long.

So I'm not sure where you got the idea he was trying to insult you. I mean, he did, later on, but that was only after you attempted to disparage him in a personal regard first, when you called him "feeble minded."

First quote can be summed as "(the fact) you have claimed that you are not (something) proves (something)". Again, as you can see, while it was delivering attack on the State and talking about Achura, it was rather personal attack as well, and it is definitely an attack as it implies that author "claimed something about herself". There are many ways of telling idea, this particular creature was telling idea, talking about me.

And the second quote, look again at it carefully: "Perhaps though you are in a rather unique position" - what does this idea bring, if not a discussion of an author? And it follows with "It would certainly be ironic on a galactic scale if ms Kim here was to (do something)".

Many gallentean sympathisers were claiming that I was turning topics to discuss myself, while it was always them, who were trying to discuss my persona instead of my ideas, and now you can clearly see that this Takedi is nothing but one of them.

And since he promotes such approach, that is profitable only to gallenteans, and I never gave him any personal reasons to act against me, I will claim it once again, that

Miyamoto Takedi is feeble minded. and serving the Federation.