These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Federation and its oppressed nations

Author
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#61 - 2014-10-31 22:09:35 UTC
Caroline Grace wrote:
Our women insurmountable.

Ummm, the last poll I saw says otherwise. Apparently, we are vary mountable..... >_>

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Caroline Grace
Retrostellar Boulevard
#62 - 2014-10-31 22:31:34 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Caroline Grace wrote:

Ummm, the last poll I saw says otherwise. Apparently, we are vary mountable..... >_>

True.

I'm Caroline Grace, and this is my favorite musical on the Citadel.

JP Eulienne
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-10-31 23:18:25 UTC
Caroline Grace wrote:

Our men invincible.

I could go with that.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#64 - 2014-11-01 00:41:12 UTC
The Federation must be destroyed, Mr. Elle
3ll3 wrote:

Ms Kim the Federation like most civilizations from what I have learned is built upon an ideal and whether or not that ideal has been corrupted or perverted over the generations is up to speculation, you will need to change this outlook on life and in doing so alter that ideal to one more suitable for the State to influence.
But then that’s just the conclusion I have come to when contemplating your responce.

This "ideal" is the most disgusting and destructive thing ever existed in human history. Either they will sober themselves and wake up from that dream, that gallenteans have put them into with their brainwashing, or they will cease to exist.

3ll3 wrote:

If you do not occupy their worlds then how can you educate them in the ways of the State?
In adititon if they are permitted to do as they wish what happens should and mostly likely will just after a many generations of strife and civil wars re-forge the Gallente Federation and reject Caldari influence?

Ways of the State are for those, who wish to live with us and wish to learn. We are not nannies to just give our ways out of charity, let them find their own, or show their willingness to actually join us to be educated.
Our influence they will get only if they will decide it, thus chance of "rejecting" it is close to zero. More likely, that they would ask to adopt our ways in a many generations, if their own way they will find worse.

3ll3 wrote:

So the State would withdraw, should this happen and the State not decide to expand their borders into the freshly conquered areas, I ask that same question again what happens when the Federation reforms?
Will the State have to return and do the same thing again or will they have to come back and try to wipe out every last man women and child in order to keep the Federation from ever rising up ever again?

They can do whatever they want, just without gallenteans. If they will make their own, not Gallentean Federation, let them. This time our world won't be in the middle of whatever they will be doing, we won't be forced into this anymore, and they won't be our enemies.
Of course, if they will attack us for one reason or another, we will destroy their Federation as well.

3ll3 wrote:

I see so basically genocide or do you mean re-education of the Gallentean young?
In addition what happens should they not open their eyes to how the State’s perspective and way of thinking as well as seeing things?
I think you may find the ideals of Democracy may be quite firmly installed in the minds of many of the other factions as such how would the State cleanse this ideal from the other factions of the Federation?
Also what would the contingency plan be should they survive and create the Federation again?

Neither genocide, nor re-education. Both of these options are waste of resources on gallenteans, who don't deserve this.
Simple quarantine of their worlds will do the trick.

I repeat one more time, it is not our business what perspective they will be thinking, after we finish with the destruction.

The cleansing of ideas can be done by cleansing all the media, that enforces these ideas. In other words, every gallentean media should be either destroyed, or departed together with gallenteans into gallentean worlds. No more gallentean reels, no more gallentean news, no more gallentean art, books, advertisements. Cut ties between nations, and see, if they are smart to think for themselves without democratic brainwashing, or they are too weak and their brainwashing will persist.

No plans on whatever they will do and create. Just keep gallentean worlds quaranteened. Whatever other nations or gallentes on their quaranteened worlds will do, is not business of Caldari and doesn't worth single ISK spent.

3ll3 wrote:

To which the Federation will in turn most probably deem this to be why they should resist and survive, once more giving way to differing points of view.

Nobody says, that they will just surrender. No, they are just like blood liches, sucking all the juices from their prey. There is such variety of blood liches in Tsuguwa II, who put their teeth deep into your tissue and won't release, until you chop their head off. Only this will relax their muscles and allow to remove lifeless head from your skin. The Federation acts this way, until you chop its head off, it will continue to exploit poor beings, who were tricked into signing federation chapter.

And this is why the Federation must be destroyed.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#65 - 2014-11-01 00:50:05 UTC
The Federation must be destroyed, Tuulinen-haan,

Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Maker. THIS.

I used to wargame the destruction of the Federation, I think pretty much all cadets have gone through that phase. It's simply not achievable and I quickly learned that the truly useful strategic minds in the State were looking at how to ensure the State cannot be destroyed, not looking into how we're supposed to do such a thing to another Empire.

Here's a hint. Before I came up with a strategy that worked, I had to increase the size of our fleet by at least double, commit all our Corporate Security troops to garrisoning captured worlds and find a way of achieving total strategic surprise. Good game.

I am afraid you took in your simulation too much resources for maintaining captured worlds captured. You shouldn't waste resources on this. According to my simulations, it can be achieved with just given numbers, but, as you said, it will require all our Security troops to work together as one with the Navy, and for which the State must be united.

Another alternative, is to just double the fleet, indeed. Which, I hope, will be achieved rather soon, as the Jita is on our side, and not gallenteans. With economical dominance we can buy and produce ships faster than them, and with all our population trained as soldiers, we will have no trouble getting personnel into these ships.

Maybe Gallente Federation has greater population, but population, that can be actual soldiers, is greater in the State. Taking into account that our ships are way more superior, gallenteans will have literally no chance. However,I cannot give yet estimates on how much time we will need to double the fleet.

Until then, we should continue training ourselves and growing our fleets, because the Federation must be destroyed.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#66 - 2014-11-01 00:55:20 UTC
JP Eulienne wrote:
Caroline Grace wrote:

Our men invincible.

I could go with that.

I hate to disillusion you, but I've found the men of the Federation quite beatable.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#67 - 2014-11-01 01:07:23 UTC
Caroline Grace wrote:
Diana Kim-Potato, The Federation is the most powerful empire of them all, and cannot be destroyed, nor harmed.

Our Federation Navy is state-of-the-art military of the whole New Eden cluster.

Our vigilance is unmatched.

Our naughtiness uncomparable.

Our Freedom undeniable.

Our X-Rated Holoreels inconquerable.

Our drinks irresistible.

Our men invincible.

Our Titans un-crash-to-planetable.

...and our will to protect and deliver the freedom, you lack so very much, unsurpassable.

You better watch out at nights, the Grace can come to you with a supersonic shower to deliver some wet catharsis.

The Federation must be destroyed, Ms. Grace,

despite your childish attempt at insulting me, you can't stop neither me, nor our whole State.
The Federation is way far from being "most powerful", it is crumbling giant, standing on anti-human ideals and run by a pack of criminals.

"Our Federation Navy is state-of-the-art military of the whole New Eden cluster."
Claiming that Federation Navy is "state-of-the-art" military is ridiculous, as personnel in Caldari Navy are way more professional, and equipment and ships in Caldary Navy is way more modern and up to date than the one in Federation Navy.

"Our vigilance is unmatched."
We have seen how Federal vigilance is unmatched, when our hero Tibus Heth has liberated Caldari Prime from gallentean occupants right in the middle of Gallentean Federation under nose of gallentean president.

"Our naughtiness uncomparable."
That gallentean naughtiness is uncomparable, we already know. That's characteristic of gallentean, that no civilized society would want.

"Our Freedom undeniable."
You Freedom is, unfortunately, quite deniable. Despite Freedom itself is filth, consuming peoples and turning them into savages, gallentean Freedom is a fake. Look for example at Intaki, who are still not allowed to build their own colonies. Nice "Freedom"! Or, is it like "Freedom is only for gallenteans, and total subjugation of other nations"

"Our X-Rated Holoreels inconquerable."
Your X-rated holoreels is just filth on a stick, waste of time and space. Who in sane mind would look at that willingly anyway?!

"Our drinks irresistible."
Your drinks are quite resistable. I don't know many Caldari who would prefer Quafe to the tea. In fact, burn all Quafe.

"Our women insurmountable."
Your woman are... what?!...

"Our men invincible."
Tell it to all those, whom I kill daily.

"Our Titans un-crash-to-planetable."
More like your Titans are hide-run-away-from-combat-able.

"...and our will to protect and deliver the freedom, you lack so very much, unsurpassable."
Then you will DIE, protection that freedom.

Becasue the Federation WILL be destroyed.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2014-11-01 04:03:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
JP Eulienne wrote:
Caroline Grace wrote:

Our men invincible.

I could go with that.

I hate to disillusion you, but I've found the men of the Federation quite beatable.

However, the last time I traded shots with them (long story), I found that no small number of them are capable of fighting like maniacs. If not engaged carefully, one could easily end up with a very costly victory.

Caroline Grace wrote:
Diana Kim-Potato, The Federation is the most powerful empire of them all, and cannot be destroyed, nor harmed.

Our Federation Navy is state-of-the-art military of the whole New Eden cluster.

Our vigilance is unmatched.

Our naughtiness uncomparable.

Our Freedom undeniable.

Our X-Rated Holoreels inconquerable.

Our drinks irresistible.

Our men invincible.

Our Titans un-crash-to-planetable.

...and our will to protect and deliver the freedom, you lack so very much, unsurpassable.

You better watch out at nights, the Grace can come to you with a supersonic shower to deliver some wet catharsis.

So, are you some kind of Gallente Kim?

Well, at least that rabblerouser has company.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#69 - 2014-11-01 05:51:48 UTC
Well, I never said you couldn't lose to 'em either, Elmund. But I'll hold my tongue and let the record tell its own tale there.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#70 - 2014-11-01 07:50:27 UTC
Kim's a lost cause, so I don't direct this statement to her - I direct it to the consideration of people capable of rational discourse.

Consider that despite the fact that the Federation has never once had to fight a war for its own survival, our Navy is very much equipped to do so. I fully admit that the Federation could never really have won the first Gallente-Caldari war because the Federation Navy is simply not equipped to fight a war of conquest, which was essentially what that war was. The Federation's entire military structure has never been designed with the intention of invading and subjugating other nations - the one and only purpose of the Federation's military is to make anyone who dares threaten our interests or the safety of our citizens very, very sorry they did so. If you need a demonstration of their efficacy in this regard, see what happened when Uriam Kador decided he'd rather fancy a piece of Solitude.

The Federation's military might is also somewhat held in check by the fact that the vast majority of the time, the vast majority of our citizens have absolutely no interest in military action. The Hawks are most certainly the most vocal political superfaction but it's worth considering they're a vocal minority (and also worth noting that militant factions are usually the most vocal by their very nature) - most Federal citizens would rather eschew violence. The thing is, as we've seen many a time in New Eden, absolute pacifists tend to get taken advantage of by those with no such moral restraint. The Federation would rather not be at war - you can scoff all you want, but war's bad for politics, it's bad for business, it's bad for leisure and it's bad for personal liberties.

So what inspires the Federation's citizenry to approve military action? Genuine, demonstrable threats to our safety.

The Federation's military is not moral. I'm not going to waste time by pretending that it is, because military forces rarely are and ours is no exception. What the Federation's military happens to be is extremely good at, however, is destroying things. We have the second largest navy of the four great powers, and even though our fleet numbers less than a quarter of what the Amarr Empire can bring to bear, the simple discovery of our nation's existence changed their entire approach to cultural first contact overnight. We have the largest and most well-funded intelligence network in the known universe. We are the largest per-capita exporter in the cluster.

The State has been in a state of total war against us, but at no point in our history have we ever been in anything approaching a state of total war against them or anyone else - the State has never posed a military threat to the survival of the Federation (the threat the State posed, at least at the time, was more a sociopolitical one, and more by what the State's seccession represented than by the State itself). The Federation has never once had to turn the entirety of its social, industrial and military power towards the effort of defending itself - it has never needed to. Until Heth, there was never a threat to the Federation that could actually be construed as threatening its continued existence, and even Heth, though he perhaps might have liked to, never made this threat actually materialise.

The Federation has demonstrated - like all human societies in the past and present - that it is capable of utter atrocity if driven to extremity (and sometimes even if it isn't). If the Federation were to ever be faced with a threat so great it felt its future was in jeapordy, I can't even begin to imagine what we might do. It's certainly a question I wouldn't want answered. This is why sane Caldari, regardless of their distate for the Federation, do not advocate an all-out war with us.

There is a simple name for anyone who does - "fearless idiot."

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#71 - 2014-11-01 08:00:52 UTC
The Federation must be destroyed, citizens!

We in the State always pass psychological and mental evaluation to be allowed to graduate as capsule pilots.
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Kim's a lost cause

But that the Federation skips this practices and allows peoples like this Ixiris to get access to such technology, is another reason why the Federation must be destroyed.

JP Eulienne
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2014-11-01 11:06:23 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
JP Eulienne wrote:
Caroline Grace wrote:

Our men invincible.

I could go with that.

A man can dream.
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#73 - 2014-11-02 03:57:34 UTC
JP Eulienne wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
JP Eulienne wrote:
Caroline Grace wrote:

Our men invincible.

I could go with that.

A man can dream.

Great. Another slashfic is born.

Tiber Brucato
Really Great Space Corporation
United Neopian Federation
#74 - 2014-11-02 04:47:37 UTC
I'd read it.
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2014-11-02 04:57:01 UTC
Tiber Brucato wrote:
I'd read it.

May I interest you with a Memory-Wipe? I can sell it to you cheaply.

Yes, it's supposed to look like a spanner.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

3ll3
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2014-11-02 19:48:41 UTC
Ms Kim I do apologise for having you repeat the same answer in your last transmission but I needed to make sure before I could come to any real conclusive conclusion as to effectiveness of your suggested stratagem and thought regarding the termination of the Federation.

Now to start off what after having sieved through all the facts and removed all the emotional factors along with any biased details so that I am left with nothing but pure cold logical fact I have found that while you have noted you did not intend for genocide of the Gallentean faction within the Federation you do seek their eradication along with their way of living and ideology.
Now while you have your reasons for this I have marked this particular factor of my results rather than discarded them as emotional biased factors so I might contemplate how you might logically achieve such an action.
Your explanation of how this would be achieved by the Caldari State relies heavily upon this ideology being a form of Brainwashing and that the other factions within the Federation would need to wake up to this, however I have run through this from multiple prospective finding it flawed in one major aspect.
This being the variable that it may well not be brainwashing but an actual social norm that the people of the Federation share.
In the same way the people of the Caldari trust and follow the directives and organisation of the State….and no Ms Kim I am not launching a verbal assault upon the Caldari State or denouncing it in any shape form or way.

Now let’s for arguments sake say it is a form of brainwashing Ms Kim please consider the implications of the other Factions within the Federation should they not as you put it wake up from this and continue to follow this ideology.
While you would have weakened the Federation the Ideology in which you seek to remove would still exist and yes I you can go on about this and that but the fact of the matter would remain it would still be alive.
Now say also that the Federation was wiped out in order to remove this ideology what about the Capsule pilots that still follow this Ideology, they would still be around and while destroying an entire race is one thing hunting down individual pilots in both High to low and to zero security status areas of space would from a logical and logistical stand point prove to be quite implausible.

Now this aside for a moment lets carry onto my actual conclusion on what we have been discussing, as with above I dissected the emotional and the biased factors and came to the conclusion that success in the destruction of the Gallentean would require the defeat of the Gallente Federation military forces.
Now this would require several factors from what I could tell.
First the Gallente Federation would need to be as inept as you believe them to be Ms Kim, if they are not then the whole stratagem possess the possibility failing.
Second that the factions within the Federation are indeed under some form of brainwashing by some form of Gallentean influence, if they are not again the stratagem holds the possibility of failing.
Lastly that the Caldari State actually decided to sanction such an action as well as utilise the stratagem you have put forward.
Of course this is merely a logical prospective performed with cold hard logic, and I have also performed this exact same stratagem with the Gallente Federation with the Caldari State and found the conclusions to be remarkable similar.
How ever I do respect your line of thought regarding your stratagem, your prospective is as all ways most interesting.

*Bows his head slightly in a respectful manner to the screen*

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#77 - 2014-11-02 21:15:19 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Tiber Brucato wrote:
I'd read it.

May I interest you with a Memory-Wipe? I can sell it to you cheaply.

Yes, it's supposed to look like a spanner.

Percussive implant maintenance is counter-indicated by the user manuals. On the other hand, can't argue with the results.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#78 - 2014-11-02 21:15:44 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Great. Another slashfic is born.

Welcome to the club, youngster. Verin and I have had to deal with it for years.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#79 - 2014-11-02 21:25:46 UTC
Baseliners have... vivid imaginations. I did a galnet search two hours after the Masquerade last night. The amount of fics pairing me and Aldrith with various success rates were a source of endless amusement. I suspect they may be less amusing for my erstwhile dance partner.
Miyamoto Takedi
Perkone
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-11-02 22:08:40 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
The Federation must be destroyed, citizens!

We in the State always pass psychological and mental evaluation to be allowed to graduate as capsule pilots.
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Kim's a lost cause

But that the Federation skips this practices and allows peoples like this Ixiris to get access to such technology, is another reason why the Federation must be destroyed.

There is a great degree of irony in this statement.
I wonder if the lost child realises.

Gwen, at some point soon, we should speak.