These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

RE: BRING BACK THE FIXED DED SITES..!!

First post
Author
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#21 - 2014-10-20 11:36:50 UTC
Ix Method wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Mmmm yet another ignorant statement from the man in a big corp.. Learn to play what mate..??

EVE is basically a virtual life game where we live the life of a capsuleer and I know how to play the game in the way I want to play it and not the way you want me to play it, based on your limited perspective of the game..!!

So because you want easy sites to farm on your doorstep you should get easy sites to farm on your doorstep?

We had these sites on our doorstep Wake up..!!!

And they wasn't that easy, it depended what level DED it was, but at least we got interesting stuff from them, now all we get is T1 crap..!!

You've been in the game since 2010, you should know this..!!
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#22 - 2014-10-20 11:40:44 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Ix Method wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Mmmm yet another ignorant statement from the man in a big corp.. Learn to play what mate..??

EVE is basically a virtual life game where we live the life of a capsuleer and I know how to play the game in the way I want to play it and not the way you want me to play it, based on your limited perspective of the game..!!

So because you want easy sites to farm on your doorstep you should get easy sites to farm on your doorstep?

And they wasn't that easy, it depended what level DED it was, but at least we got interesting stuff from them, now all we get is T1 crap..!!

They weren't easy?

They weren't easy?

Jeeeesus, are you serious?
Any frigate with a Medium Extender could buffer-tank them!
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#23 - 2014-10-20 11:59:01 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
They were static - fail. When you know where to find the treasure, you just grind the items and its same boring thing as grinding missions. You now have to move somewhere where you have not been, maybe even to Null Sec and Wormholes when you want shiny stuff dropped. That is good.

I have personally seen rookies few weeks old running data sites in Low. That is the way it should be. They have bigger chances there to have fun and nice loot there considering how low sec is constructed, than in high sec watching how veteran player camps the site with his tech 2 frigate and going out with nothing nearly every time.

I hear what your saying, though for some these fixed position DED Sites, allowed players like myself (who don't have hours of spare time free because of real life commitments), an opportunity to earn some isk without putting in hours of game play..!!

Also as I said in an earlier post, to stop campers Quote: [The one thing that CCP would need to do, is the DED Sites that have a second room is to create a nasty NCP spawn prior to the site re-spawn.. This will eliminate any players who are camping in there just waiting for the rewards, thus forcing them to do the site from the beginning again..!!]

Furthermore if these sites were reinstated players may venture off into Low/Nul Sec space knowing that if they was to lose there ship, they could go back to doing these and earning isk to buy another ship, as not everyone has money to spend on buying multiple numbers of PLEX to sell in the market place..
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#24 - 2014-10-20 12:02:43 UTC
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Ix Method wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:

They weren't easy?

They weren't easy?

Jeeeesus, are you serious?
Any frigate with a Medium Extender could buffer-tank them!

We've just found a moron...

I suggest you apply that theory and take your frig into one of the DED Sites that still exist at Deltole, see how you fair..!!
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#25 - 2014-10-20 12:13:27 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
They were static - fail. When you know where to find the treasure, you just grind the items and its same boring thing as grinding missions. You now have to move somewhere where you have not been, maybe even to Null Sec and Wormholes when you want shiny stuff dropped. That is good.

I have personally seen rookies few weeks old running data sites in Low. That is the way it should be. They have bigger chances there to have fun and nice loot there considering how low sec is constructed, than in high sec watching how veteran player camps the site with his tech 2 frigate and going out with nothing nearly every time.

Quote:
What has happened with finding pirate faction and faction mods, even the Drone sites have nothing of interest anymore.??

I too have been cursing the loot tables sometimes, but then the shiny module dropped and I forgot about that. Maybe it is what you are lacking, perserverance. Random drop is random, but if you are stubborn enough, you will be rewarded, its the first law of running the sites.

Nice someone who's on the same page..

Yeah I've scanned down loads of Serpentisis and Guristas sites only to find nothing, it's ridiculous now..
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#26 - 2014-10-20 12:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Quote:
[The one thing that CCP would need to do, is the DED Sites that have a second room is to create a nasty NCP spawn prior to the site re-spawn.. This will eliminate any players who are camping in there just waiting for the rewards, thus forcing them to do the site from the beginning again..!!]

No, that would not work, one would install the cheapest cloak and fly 20 km from your invention to be sure they will spawn and despawn without him dying, he will be there when the site will be ok despite those spawns.
Quote:

Furthermore if these sites were reinstated players may venture off into Low/Nul Sec space knowing that if they was to lose there ship, they could go back to doing these and earning isk to buy another ship, as not everyone has money to spend on buying multiple numbers of PLEX to sell in the market place..

Since when you need PLEX to do exploration, or a really blinged out ship? Level of entry with exploration is very low and you can still have drop worth tens, hundreds M ISK from High or Low. Enough to replace ships that you can run sites in Low and High. You can do mining, missions for a constant stream of ISK if you are new. There are corporations that help new players. And you are not nailed down to exploration, you can do anything if you need ISK. Exploration overlaps in skills with combat so they can do missions succesfully, and even PvP in faction warfare and have their ships as great as t1 frigates in defensive plexes.

Quote:
Yeah I've scanned down loads of Serpentisis and Guristas sites only to find nothing, it's ridiculous now..

Random is random. There was time when I got 2 drops for 500 M two days in a row, and there was time when I started to think that CCP replaced loot tables for me with empty ones. And then again something shiny dropped. This is lotery, but you risk only your ship.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#27 - 2014-10-20 12:58:43 UTC
The static sites sucked. Even if you could get to them immediately after DT. My experience as a newbie was that they were camped by vastly more experienced players who knew all the tricks.

Exploration really is a viable profession these days - it is loads of fun, risk, adventure, and wealth. Sure, you die sometimes learning how to play Eve, but that is part of the fun. Get a decent covert ops frigate fit, learn to MWD+cloak and go forth and profit.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#28 - 2014-10-20 13:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Damjan Fox
Quote:
What has happened with finding pirate faction and faction mods, even the Drone sites have nothing of interest anymore.??

Quote:

Try less crowded areas. With some luck you can still make around 100 mil per hour doing DEDs/unrated sites in highsec.
Like someone mentioned above, random drops are.... random.

Quote:
but at least we got interesting stuff from them, now all we get is T1 crap..!!

Not true! You can still get pretty shiny stuff in those sites.

So your claim for the return of static DEDs, would be a (very bad) solution to a non-existing problem.

Just stick to it and you'll find something...
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-10-20 14:46:08 UTC
Captain Skarlet wrote:

Being an Eve veteran

Is this a joke? You've played since 2010...
eliminator2
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-10-20 15:02:47 UTC
in 1 week i made 15 billion in DED sites between 3 systems 2 of which was low-sec

your doing it wrong?
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#31 - 2014-10-20 15:06:17 UTC
Ix Method wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:
But I'm glad they're gone.

I'm definitely not, as this gave opportunities to small Corp's and individuals to earn isk in the game..

I'm sorry but highsec is literally shitting isk into the game atm, particularly with a bit of organisation and effort. If you really, particularly need fixed sites to farm there's plenty of Cosmos sites for you to go wild in.

Are you aware of what inflation is?

It makes literally everyone poorer. People making ISK in hi sec is perfectly fine, and if people want to shoot red crosses all day, let them. Personally I find it dreadful, and not worth the ISK, but that's me.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#32 - 2014-10-20 15:08:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Phaade
Syrias Bizniz wrote:
These sites were doing exceptionally well in LowSec, where they were thriving frigate pvp grounds. Especially the Heild system was really busy and i miss those times.

Keep them out of Highsec, though, cause that's where the abuse was happening.

+1

I would LOVE to see these sites in low sec. Even in FW lowsec. Imagine how many fights would take place over DED complex's in FW....

Captain Skarlet, I know you want these sites in High sec, but does it make sense for a massive pirate complex to be set up where faction navies and police are everywhere? It makes perfect sense for them to be in low security space.

You realize that you can run these sites in low sec solo or with a couple friends. There are plenty of ships capable of dealing with exactly this, but there should be risk from other players to make that kind of money (dropping pirate mods very often).
Captain Skarlet
Elemental Exploration
Quantum Decadence
#33 - 2014-10-20 16:20:19 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:

Being an Eve veteran

Is this a joke? You've played since 2010...

It's no joke, I'm 2 months off of being in Eve 5 years, so I believe that classes me as a vet. Where as you've been in EVE since the end of 2011..!!
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#34 - 2014-10-20 16:45:46 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
The static sites sucked. Even if you could get to them immediately after DT. My experience as a newbie was that they were camped by vastly more experienced players who knew all the tricks.

In lowsec, at least, the static 1/10 and 2/10 sites functioned as hubs for small-scale pvp (mostly in frigates) for people of all experience levels. They only dropped frigate modules, which meant camping them was not some ludicrously profitable endeavor. It also helped keep the cost of certain frigate mods in the realm of sanity (which was generally good and further reduced economic abuse of the sites). The areas of lowsec where they were present are generally notably worse off for their removal.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#35 - 2014-10-21 01:36:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Ix Method wrote:
Captain Skarlet wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:
But I'm glad they're gone.

I'm definitely not, as this gave opportunities to small Corp's and individuals to earn isk in the game..

I'm sorry but highsec is literally shitting isk into the game atm, particularly with a bit of organisation and effort. If you really, particularly need fixed sites to farm there's plenty of Cosmos sites for you to go wild in.

Relative to the prices people pay for things they buy the income in high sec has been relatively stable since I started playing in 2010 so I have trouble understanding how, why and where this attitude of high sec "shitting ISK" into the game comes from?

Moving on things are relative and if you want to talk about the ISK fountains or "shitting ISK" you really need to look at nul as well. I am a casual (by high sec standards) player and I make about 1/4 the income per hour that my son does and he is a casual ( by nul sec standards) player. My ships etc cost me about 1/4 what his do so it seems to be in balance.

Another question I have is why all the hate lately directed at those of us who choose to play in high sec?
We are not responsible for the crappy state of low sec or even worse state of life in nul sec.
If you think nerfing the ISK making abilities of high sec will drive players into low or nul your are indeed crazy, all it will do for many of the high sec players is drive them out of the game.

If you want players in low/nul then CCP will need to adjust these areas so they are more appealing to a wider range of players.
Previous page12