These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Phoebe] Stealth Bombers

First post First post First post
Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#161 - 2014-10-16 15:26:16 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


b4 2012 we had a smaller sig so getting headshotted when some one messed up wasn't as big a problem
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#162 - 2014-10-16 15:26:50 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
After some thoughts - this will heavily impact dreads.
While in siege they are just big sitting ducks.
Two of them will be hit the most :
- moros
- revelation

NO CAP:
- unable to jump out
- unable to fire.

Can we get some boost to those dreads, especially revelation?
Can we make all dreadnoughts similar?
No cap usage for capital guns?


This is a pretty good point. The Revelation needs buffed anyways, and Siege as a concept needs redone pretty badly as well.

As for capless guns, I have to say no, the less of that we have in this game the better. But the Capital Energy Weapons are begging to be looked at.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#163 - 2014-10-16 15:29:11 UTC
Some of these changes are just plain terrible and stupid. The rest are mediocre.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Nys Cron
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#164 - 2014-10-16 15:29:43 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
with the changes to bomb speed a few smart bombs are your counter


So you either sacrifice two highslots on the Carrier (why are you even bringing one then?) or you have to position ships around it in all directions (you don't know where the bombs will come from). This would require a lot of ships and is not really feasible, especially in wspace.
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#165 - 2014-10-16 15:31:36 UTC
Does the new bubbles take the same amount of space? Or to put it in another way: will we be able to get more of those in probe launcher than 3?


Also would like to rise the tactical overlay aspect of 1m bomb.

Also, while we are talking about cap warefare with those... CAN I HAZ CAPACITOR MAINTANANCE BOT DRONES PLOX?
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#166 - 2014-10-16 15:33:24 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


b4 2012 we had a smaller sig so getting headshotted when some one messed up wasn't as big a problem


Getting shot happens. That's part of EVE.

People in this thread are behaving as if ISBoxer is the only way these bombing runs happen, and that's a complete fabrication. Can it be more precise? Surely. Is it the only way? No.
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#167 - 2014-10-16 15:33:25 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


Show me on the ship where the bomber touched you.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#168 - 2014-10-16 15:33:35 UTC
Dear haters! HAHAHA Learn to adapt. These are decent changes and wont kill bombing runs. Most bombing runs involve ships landing on a bubble anyway and going launch and warp out and since most people put nano's in the lows anyway... i dont see what the problem is.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#169 - 2014-10-16 15:34:05 UTC
Nys Cron wrote:
Cloakies decloaking other cloakies: This means that only mutliboxers will be able to coordinate bombing correctly, you are buffing mutliboxers which are seen as a problem by many and nerfing fleets of mutliple people. Maybe this is intentional.

Capital void bombs: You are introducing a mechanic that has no viable counter, there is no way for a triaged Carrier or sieged Dread to do anything against this. Normal neuts can be dealt with by applying EWAR or damage to them but this has no counter. I don't think this is fun gameplay and such mechanics should be in the game.

The void bombs seem fine against supers, maybe even make them stronger, but please don't introduce the ability for one multiboxer to alpha a carrier's cap without a possiblity to counter that.


You have 12 seconds to ask on comms to get bumped by 1 meter once these bombs come out. Not so hard, it takes 5 seconds to react and another 3-4 seconds for a cruiser to slam into your archon and nudge it by 1-5 meters.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#170 - 2014-10-16 15:35:20 UTC
Nys Cron wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
with the changes to bomb speed a few smart bombs are your counter


So you either sacrifice two highslots on the Carrier (why are you even bringing one then?) or you have to position ships around it in all directions (you don't know where the bombs will come from). This would require a lot of ships and is not really feasible, especially in wspace.


yes and you can give up 2 slots on a carrier you may not be able to cap trans or you may have weaker reps but it is do able and if you have a second carrier to refit off as situations change this is not unreasonable
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#171 - 2014-10-16 15:36:09 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


Show me on the ship where the bomber touched you.


Do you even realize what the hell you just posted? Did you read what I posted? Obviously not.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#172 - 2014-10-16 15:37:31 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


b4 2012 we had a smaller sig so getting headshotted when some one messed up wasn't as big a problem


Getting shot happens. That's part of EVE.

People in this thread are behaving as if ISBoxer is the only way these bombing runs happen, and that's a complete fabrication. Can it be more precise? Surely. Is it the only way? No.



but it is the best way with no down side and now they are making it even more attractive to use rather then organize
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#173 - 2014-10-16 15:38:57 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

You have 12 seconds to ask on comms to get bumped by 1 meter once these bombs come out. Not so hard, it takes 5 seconds to react and another 3-4 seconds for a cruiser to slam into your archon and nudge it by 1-5 meters.


^people who have no idea how hitboxes work.
Nys Cron
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#174 - 2014-10-16 15:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Nys Cron
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
yes and you can give up 2 slots on a carrier you may not be able to cap trans or you may have weaker reps but it is do able and if you have a second carrier to refit off as situations change this is not unreasonable


With only two reps there is not much reason to bring a carrier, T2 Logi will be better in every way. You also won't refit quick enough when the bombs are already flying. And you only get one chance.
Finally, bringing two carriers is not even an option most of the time in wspace, especially for smaller entities and after it is made much harder to extract after the jump drive changes.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#175 - 2014-10-16 15:40:49 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
all they did was make it so isboxer is almost required to pull off bombing runs even if they made it so you could see other fleet members organizing a human bombing run is going to be almost un doable.


ISBoxer was never required to pull off bombing runs prior to the change in 2012. It will not be required now. Learn to organize, learn to voice comms, learn to use the features of the game client, and learn to research and read. Everything you ever wanted to know about planning and executing a bombing run under these "new" circumstances is available to be absorbed, because it has all been done before.


b4 2012 we had a smaller sig so getting headshotted when some one messed up wasn't as big a problem


Getting shot happens. That's part of EVE.

People in this thread are behaving as if ISBoxer is the only way these bombing runs happen, and that's a complete fabrication. Can it be more precise? Surely. Is it the only way? No.



but it is the best way with no down side and now they are making it even more attractive to use rather then organize


Then use ISBoxer. Or get over it.
ulililillia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#176 - 2014-10-16 15:41:55 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:


Then use ISBoxer. Or get over it.


What a great way of thinking, you should work for CCP.
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#177 - 2014-10-16 15:43:09 UTC
Sokor Loro wrote:
Yep +1

I eagerly await the tears on the cloaking nerf. People ran sucessful, coordinated bomb groups before that change and they will do the same after. It will be more difficult to set up, stay set up and execute, but tbh all of those things are so trivial now that it's almost ridiculous to complain about it being more difficult.

What concerns me is that these nerfs don't address the isboxer issue, and in fact probably makes it a lot stronger. While I don't think isboxer itself is cheating/unfair/whatever, in the context of bombers it provides a huge advantage.

Sir please lower your cheekbones. They're scaring the children.
Heavypredator Singh
Collective-Company
#178 - 2014-10-16 15:45:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Heavypredator Singh
Well if You want to play with cloaky You better get isboxer - really ccp should buy isboxer and sell some bundle - I can almost see the comercials for it:

ONLY 100$ PER MONTH. YOU CAN OWN EVERYONE. NO RISK INVOLVED. WE HAVE NERFED NORMAL PLAYERS TO CREATE THIS DEAL JUST FOR YOU!

Doooo it. Doooo it.

Seriously. Noone will care to use bombers when only way to keep them somewhat effective will be to use isboxer. Normal players will not deal with that RANDOM AND LUCK BASED decloaks.

Going to sell my new shiny panther that will never be used after the patch. No You can't have it.

oh. and gj on reimbursing all the kills that isboxers make. Really have wing of isboxers to kill something that ccp gives right back. It's just ripping of isboxers too.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#179 - 2014-10-16 15:45:46 UTC
Nys Cron wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
yes and you can give up 2 slots on a carrier you may not be able to cap trans or you may have weaker reps but it is do able and if you have a second carrier to refit off as situations change this is not unreasonable


With only two reps there is not much reason to bring a carrier, T2 Logi will be better in every way. You also won't refit quick enough when the bombs are already flying. And you only get one chance.
Finally, bringing two carriers is not even an option most of the time in wspace, especially for smaller entities and after it is made much harder to extract after the jump drive changes.


well you're not jumping out in a wh and i rarely even need three reps on my carrier two tends to work the best as most fits can't even reliably run that in triage (if your not running a triage carrier these bombs can be avoided) T2 logi are much easier to alpha so their is still a trade off and one triage cap rep is worth more then a t2 logi.
Wandering Squirl
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#180 - 2014-10-16 15:46:02 UTC
Hello CCP,

Instead of the cloak changes that are seemingly not hitting close to the mark, how about giving fleets a fighting chance against bombs them selves by making defender missiles work against bombs.

This would resurrect a rarely used item (we know you love that) and give fleets a defense against massive waves of ISboxing bombers. Imagine destroyer screens on the premier of a large fleet ready to fire off the defenders at the first sign of bombs. So this does not provide 100% immunity but if used effectively can defend reasonably well against the use of isboxers and general bomber waves as well.

The cloak changes will not help against ISboxers FYI, as they will all just warp in from their respective perches and bomb on land, then warp out. This wont effect them in the slightest.

Thanks,
S